Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #21

Default Babies Born July 2005 #21

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2005.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.
    Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:32 PM.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Me first, me first

Bec, I am watching 1 vs 100, is ben on tonight????

ooh I forgot taht was on, V. anyway have a friend over for a sleepover - or should I say, Viv does, and we only have one tv and they're watching a movie!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Nope his is on the 12th Feb

Me too Bec. Can't wait to watch him! I didn't get to watch any of it last night. Instead I had the pleasure of Garfield 2! Oh I'm soooo lucky!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh joy, lol.

Hi everyone,

Found you! :nana:

Rach - I know how you're feeling about number 3, and I haven't even squeezed number 2 out yet lol. Murphy's Law though is Its probably going to happen for you the month that you sell everything on ebay.

Hay - thinking of you, hope you're looking after yourself.

Kate - great to hear the Christening went well, you are a champ getting that organised!

Bec - I guess you already know what happened in Ben's tv show.... maybe you could give us a spoiler?

Vanita - when is the big day again? We will be celebrating 2 years in a couple of weeks - woohoo! We're still in nappies compared to you and your grown up marriage. Any recollection of what one is supposed to buy/get for 2nd anniversary? What about a 20th? I bet you're going to look even better than your first wedding day. I hope DH and I will get the chance to do it, although I'm sure I won't be getting into my dress as a 55 year old...Mik will be 65 omg! Retirees.:eek:

Brooke - have you thought about cutting out the milk? Tell her there's no milk until the milkman comes at breakfast time! You could still bring her into your bed for the first few days..and offer her a drink of water. What time is it happening? Is it too early to get up and make breakfast?

Gemma- howzit going? And super Amy? Hope you're not working too hard.

Hi to the MIA girls.

Mik is still away until tomorrow night. So we've been busy here and having a nice time anyway. Its good in some ways not to have to clean up after him as well, not that he's messy, but its just one less mouth to feed which is a bit of a break for me. Al has been trying to talk more and more, although he is still making up words.

Oh yes, quick story... I picked up Al from day care yesterday on my bike. Now I am not the best rider, actually am completely clumsy and find it hard to ride straight . I usually take him there and back in the pram, but seeing as I had school as well, I was trying to save time. Sooooo, riding back, there is a part of the street that gets quite narrow and in an effort to avoid an oncoming car and a parked car I lost balance....and fell off the bike and onto the road and nearly under the oncoming car! Thankfully the car was going slow and stopped in time. Al was okay, still in his seat and helmet and no injuries...I am a bit bruised down one side and was quite shaken! Everyone was running over to try and help, but I sort of laughed it off, quite embarassed. What an idiot! I am not going back on the bike for a while I think. It could have been much worse, so we're feeling lucky. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket....

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Deb- Yeah I do and Ben told me to tell you all not to bother to watch, lol. He didn't win anything, he bombed out on a question about Dr Who. Will let you know if he's on again especially if he's the 1 Oh you poor thing, I'm glad you were hurt more seriously. I hope bubs is ok too. You look after yourself, think you should give the bike a miss for a while. Hooray for Mik coming home tomorrow night, I bet your looking forward to it

Oh Deb, I can picture this belly rolling down the street - sweetie no more bike for a few months - I dont think our hearts can take it April the 22nd is the day of the "do" our anniversary is actually the 19th. mmm nope not looking better - rounder maybe LOL

Rach, good luck for whatever may be decided upon ( I had got rid of most of the baby stuff before we knew the D boy was on his way I would love to have more, but gotta call it quits somewhere hey ( 9? ) LOL

Bec, yeah would be fab if he was the 1 hey - you could win 135,000 ( can I borrow $5 ??)
    I would bomb out on Dr Who too - yuch.

Kate mwah, hope you are getting some zzzzzzzzzzz

Deb - Do be careful! I wouldn't even ride a bike while pg let alone 31 weeks!!I am glad you, Al and the baby are okay.

Bec - Bummer about the show. I was really hoping he would win big.

Rach - Good luck for this month, I hope you can sort things out with your DH. Maybe sell some stuff on eBay and then he might be 100% focussed? Hope you can make it on Sat night, do let us know when Viv will be skating as we might come and watch.

Kate - Glad Rylee's Christening went well and you had great weather for it too. How have the girls been sleeping?

Vanita – How has the walking been going? Is your DH still away?

Brooke – I would offer Maya a drink of water rather than milk. That’s what we did with Amy for a while before stopping bottles at 12 mths. She actually never had a bottle in bed so I don’t really have any info. When is your prac?

Hay – I hope you are okay.

We went to Ikea on the weekend looking for a bed for Amy. She was playing in the ball pit then decided to pick up all the balls that had been thrown out instead of playing in the pit. I mentioned to DH that she will be a ‘contributor’ to society as she is very helpful – or maybe it is just normal behaviour for toddlers? Are they toddlers now or still babies until they are 2. I have no idea! Also very confused on what bed to get her, we didn’t like the Ikea ones but liked the car type ones on the ground or maybe a normal single with a guard rather than a toddler bed? What are you going to get?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

V- Sure you can, might even give you a tenner

Gemma- Oh well better luck next time. He's hoping to be the 1 sometime, so I'll let you all know. Well you know what we did with Jonah's bed. I decided to cut out the middle man and put him straight into a big bed. For me I wanted to cut out a transition that I thought was unneccessary, plus we don't have anywhere to store a toddler bed if we had decided to do that, so space was a factor for us too. I think of Jonah as a toddler, not sure if that's correct or not but I figure since the toddle around that they're a toddler?

Oh Deb! Please look after yourself! And Al! And #2!!! I hope you're recovering ok. How's the packing going? When do you move? I can't remember.

Hay, sweety I'm thinking of you and sending lots of love.

Kate I definitely want to come to Mattel please! My g/f who I thought would come can't cause she's going to Bali then! hard life! but I might ask my SIL. Sounds like her thing and she has birthdays coming up so it could be good.

Gemma, good luck with Bed hunting. We have a car bed for Blake and it's great cause he can climb up on it himself and often does to read! He's still sleeping in his cot for now but will move to the bed when the time is right.

Oh and quickly before school pick up. Had a big talk with DH last night and basically said the same as I said on here. I told him he had til the weekend to think about it, but he immediately said he was sure about #3 so I told him he had to take it seriously or it's all over red rover. I think he's gonna play ball. So to speak.

Gotta fly.
    Love to all!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi All

Kate- Oh that will be good when Shane is on holidays. You can tag team sleeping if you need, but hopefully the classes that you are going to be going to will help.

Brooke- Trying to remember what you talked about because it's on the last page. Ummmmm, I think Maya will be ok with water instead of milk, it's still something in her tummy and should fill her up. Jonah's milk intake changes, depends. Sometimes he can have only 1 cup sometimes 3. I try and get him to drink other stuff besides milk but sometimes if he drinks all his milk and asks for more I assume he wants more milk so I give it to him. He only sleeps once a day and that varies too. Sometimes only an hour sometimes up to 3 hours, depends on what we've been doing for that day.

Rach- Good on you for having a chat to DH. Glad that he's come to the realisation that he actually needs to do something for it to happen, lol. I hope he's serious about playing ball Good luck hun.

Brooke, I am lucky if Dion has a cup of strawberry quik with his breakkie. he's never been a bottle drinker, and doesnt really like milk, so cant help you there. I have seen gorgeous castle beds. google beds and see what wonders they have

Kate, how lovely that Shane is on hols. have you got any plans for while he's off, or just R & R?? how many days a week are you going to work. Does Rylee take a bottle? geez how dare you put your kids before seeing me - the cheek of you....

Rach, good that you had a chat to DH and he is now up to speed on whats going on ?? LOL Bummed you wont make it tomorrow, but understand completely we have a busy few ahead too.

gemma, yep still walking, it was great while I was on leave, as I walked nearly every night, the poor kids get dragged along coz Dh hasnt been home He will be coming home sometime tomorrow, so will be probably dropped off while you lovely ladies are all there ( so excuse us if we dash to the bedroom )

I have now started skipping as its supposed to be fabulous cardio, well my gosh I can only do it for about 2 minutes, so trying to do it a few times a day until I get some stamina, cant believe how I used to do it for ever as a kid....
    Dion will be having his 18 mth check on friday, and Rianna her 3 1/2 yr old check, so we will be there approx 1 1/2 hrs !!! and thats in between swimming for the littlies, and then swimming for the big girls. Rianna is starting Ballet on saturday and she is just beside herself with excitment...Dh has a month off from 16 feb, til 16 march, so he's gunna be bugging me LOL nah jk. It'll be good to not have to stress about all the kids activity's.

OK, everyone, I have an announcement.

The Moderating team have decided to merge the July, August, September, October, November and December 2005 baby buddies groups into the one six month thread Babies Born July - December 2005. This is something we usually do once threads start to slow right down and some of the threads have practically no one posting in them at all.

You have been a wonderful group of girls and we hope that you will continue to post in the new thread.

Thanks