Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #9

Hi all, am trying to feel my way around here, its the same but not IYKWIM... WTG on the 10 months Pup. gosh we are nearly all one, am losing our bubs soo fast ( well its like a speeding train over here) What nice weather this morning here for a change, so went for a family bike ride, before it turns yuck again.
    Hey there Caz, hope the teaching was rewarding.
    Wardy, glad to hear the wrist getting better, its hard when they are hurt isnt it. Dion is a snotty nose boy too, the Dr's reckon its allergies, so I dont isolate us, unless he has other symptoms ( otherwise we'd never go out, ands if the Drs are right its not catching KWIM??)
    Bel, you had me ROTFLMAO, imagining this SUPER spew, in a little cape!!!!
    Hay, sorry to hear Pup had a sick day, it seems there is always something going on isnt there, in between teething, colds etc!!!
    Love to all else, will catch up soon.

Well it looks like Blake has cut another tooth. No wonder the little sausage has been a bit miserable. Might even be why his nose is so snotty. Quite common with teething. Hopefully he will sleep better tonight (but I doubt it!) I really should do something about his sleeping. I'd love to spend more time in my bed than the ferrari!

Vanita: what do you do with Dion when you go bike riding? Do you put him in a back pack or does he sit in the baby seat on the back of yours or Chris' bike? I've been wanting to do some family riding too but not sure which way to go about it.

Kate: *whispers* I'm so glad that Kelsey didn't get the gastro. Not wanting to jinx you, hence the whispering, but it's dreadful when theyre sick like that. Perhaps you could do Kelse's first birthday party at a pub. Lots of them have playrooms now and you can usually get a good feed for everyone?

I'm starting to think about Blake's birthday too (seeing he's really a June boy). It's a bit tricky as Vivienne's birthday is the day before his so the family birthday celebration will be a joint one with her, and although I don't want to make her birthday less special, I do want put a big focus on Blake being 1 IYKWIM. I imagine we'll just do it at home. Sure it's the middle of winter but we have enough room. Hopefully it wont rain because I have to say it does help if the kids have the chance to run around outside and get rid of some of their energy.

Cool

Kate TBH I wouldnt do a Macca's party for a 1st, unless youve got heaps of nieces and nephews. They are not really old enough to appreciate a Mc's party til about 4> I usually do an arvo, or morning tea for the littlies, any longer and they start to get upset with the large no of people and they ALL want a bit of the guest of honor IYKWIM. If you only do finger food, you'd probably find home OK. Have you got a garage?? Thats where we hold all parties. A few balloons, some music, some chairs, a trestle with the nibblies and hey presto theres the "do" I also try decide on the best time for the child in question. I'll probably do a 3pm do on a sunday for Dion, but go with the whole "1" theme. we usually have about 30 people ( just the immediate family and a few friends)

Rachel, both Rianna and Dion sit on baby seats behind us. ( Dion behind me, and Rianna behind Chris - he goes faster LOL)
    I thought he would be Ok as long as he had head control, but lots of people have also told me he shouldnt yet, I mean we only go 4 kms and its not on roads much, mainly tracks IYKWIM. He has been on there since he was 6 months. He has a helmet, and good head control so I didnt see the issue- he loves it, has fallen asleep behind me, so I figure he cant be that uncomfortable hey??? Dunno, I figure just gotta do whats right for us, and we only go for 1 ride a week, its not like its for hours everyday.
    Last edited by mumofbundlezofjoy; May 6th, 2006 at 09:34 PM.

Smile

Awww Kate, poor Kelsey, you mustnt have whispered quiet enough LOL, I hope thats it for her and you, and that it doesnt drag on for too long ( hard with bubs coz of the milk IYKWIM)

Brooke, good to hear Maya's hand is healing, the littlies usually heal quickly, its dreadful when they get hurt though.

Rachel, that would be hard having them on the same day, maybe do a lunch for Blake, and then arvo tea for Vivienne ??? Is Vivienne having any friends for hers??

belmarks Guest

Brooke, glad Maya is getting better. Haven't had a chance to go to the other thread, but Im assuming what you said in here is the same as over there. I have heaps of issues with Coby eating. I've started putting a little bit of Kraft Cheddar Cheese Spread into his vegies, rice or whatever I can really, and he loves it. I have also heard friends say they put vegemite in their vegetables, and they like that too. I guess its about finding something that they really like (a taste I mean) and trying to add that to things. Its hard though isn't it....Let us know how you go...

Kate, how is poor little Kelse? Are you over it completely now?

Kate/Rachel/others - Yes I've been organising Coby's first birthday for a little while now. Its a big event, but we are toning it down, otherwise he will get completely overwhelmed by it all. Just family, a few little friends from mothers group etc and we are having it at home, a lunch time affair with just simple foods that we can all enjoy, without anyone having to run around too much in the kitchen, sandwiches and party foods, but some nice warm foods if it is cold. We have a huge outdoor area with a chiminea (mexican fireplace) so we can use that if its cold, plus we've got a huge double garage and a carport other side of it, so heaps of room....

Rachel, WTG on another toothiepeg for Blake. Coby has another top tooth too, that's 4 in total.....Great choppers!!

Not much going on with us, Coby is going well other than this horrible cold he's got, its still hanging around and its pretty bad, but he's in good spirits, so thats something at least. We didn't go to swimming today because of it, not that he knows, but I still feel sorry for him. We have a very huge/exciting week this week, my very best friend is coming back from the UK for about 6 weeks, she recently had a baby in Feb so she will meet Coby and I will meet her daughter Ava for the very first time. I cannot wait, they will be home on Thursday afternoon!!

Oh and I think my little op worked last month, I think AF is lurking around the corner.....pooooo

I am also starting to think about 1st birthdays. We have mums group the day before Pup turns 1 and we have just started taking it in turns to hold meetings at our houses (I think I may have already mentioned this?). Anyway, I put my hand up for the July meeting, so that means we can have a small party for Pup with just the mums group ladies and bubs and then a family (ish) one on the weekend.

Morning all,

Kate honey, I'm so sorry I didn't whisper soft enough and Kelsey got the bug. Poor little love. I hope she's starting to feel better now. Are you going to take her to the doctors? There's probably not much they can do apart from make sure she's not dehydrated.

Brooke, I'm so pleased little Miss Maya's hand is healing. It must be hard for her to crawl around (or have I missed something and she's up and walking. I know she's advanced so she may well be!) Hopefully it will heal up quickly.

Bel, how exciting for you to have your girlfriend coming home for 6 weeks. It will be wonderful for her to meet Coby and for you to meet Ava.

Vanita, I will have to speak to hubby to get the bike seat back on his bike and see if we can get out for a ride. I don't know how Blake will like it. It's so hard to keep him still, however he might enjoy the change of scenery. Must make sure it warm enough... Hmm, bike helmet too I guess. I will try Viv's old one on but it's bright pink with frogs on it, no I think it's turtles. Can't imagine him wearing a bright pink one. Knowing him he's got such a boof head it may not fit. Will look into that later!

Birthdays! It is going to be interesting how we work out the birthday thing with two kids a day apart. We spoke to Viv not long after we fell pregnant, and along the way once we worked out the EDD to be close to her birthday that how we celebrate birthdays might change once the baby arrived. It started with her having her party last year a month before the actual date because there was no way I was going to do anything @ 40wks pg, or even in hospital post birth.

We had told Viv that birthdays might be celebrated with bigger parties alternate years, and seeing Vivienne would be 10 next year we would want to celebrate that. We said we would probably do more of a celebration for Blake this year in turning 1 and a big one for her next year turning 10. She was pretty cool with that.

Not that she will miss out. We will have a joint family one for them both on the weekend - possible at lunch or afternoon tea time as this will suit Blake better. Vanita, in years to come will will probably do the lunch/a'noon tea or a'noon tea/dinner when the both get a party as they are too far apart in age to share a party. As they are 8 years old, there will be milestones reached the same year - Blake 5/Viv 13, Blake 10/Viv 18, Blake 13/Viv 21! I think we will be saving up for those years!

Back to this year, as I never had a mothers group (grrrr MCHN) I won't be having one of those but I will take a cake to the playgroup we go to. We will have a family party as I mentioned before and we will have a small something for Viv. She mentioned on the weekend she hasn't been to the zoo for a while and wanted to go. I suggested we could go for her birthday and take a friend, so we may do that. We may just have some take away and cake with a couple of her friends with a video night or something like that.

That's probably enough of me waffling. Blake's tooth has well and truly come through - the top one, which is his 7th, and his 8 is about to pop too. Hopefully that's it for a while. When is the next one due?

OK, I've got stuff to do before my boy wakes. Have a good day.

Rachel, that is a sensible and fair way of celebrating viv and blake's birthdays. It's good that the Big 1 and big 10 worked out to be in different years!!

In the baseball team that DH plays in, there were 4 of us that had babies within 3 months of each other. Can you imagine the 18ths and 21sts if we are all still friendly with each other!! OMG.

Rachel, can just picture the pink helmet on Blake LOL, Dion and Rianna both have the same helmet, its got jungle animals, so multi sex!!! I usually put a beanie on underneath, and mittens, as well as a coat, and buddy stays nice and snuggly, he wont stay still normally either, but is happy on the bike AS LONG AS I DONT STOP!!!! Then he cracks the narnies!!!!
    My SIL had my nephew on the twins birthday, so that is a struggle, now ( My DH is still fuming, as she was booked in to have her elective csec 3 days later, but discided to do it early, as then she would have a few days peace from her large greek family, as they all knew it was happening in 3 days. I say Im over it, who gives a ...)

Hi ya girls,
    Brooke, I put Dion down in the cot, and usually he goes straight to sleep( or has a little chat first) but if he's crying, I try the pat through the sides, and if thats not working I pick him up and cuddle, or BB feed, then when he's nearly asleep I pop him back down, this usually works. Glad to hear Maya is adapting to not being lain with ( you will be glad in the end, and all you hard work will be rewarded )
    Yup we have been bike riding with Dion since january, and its fun ( except for my thighs LOL )
    I sooo KWYM about the small towns, I was born and bred in a small country town, and like many moved city bound for schooling at 18. I tell DH that we have to move out further soon, as Pakenham is developing, and getting claustraphobic. Would love to go country, but are in agreeance not to move anywhere till the kids are all school age, then dont need as much babysitting ( my mum lives 5 minutes from us)
    I hope Maya works out the food, textures etc.
    Well Dion has been yuck the last few days, as usual with kids dunno what it is. He's been pooing 7-8 times ( real watery) crying ++++ not eating too good, but BB feeding heaps more, he's drooling heaps, so am not sure if its teeth or something worse, he's also pulling on his ear( right one) so could be an ear infection??? No temp so duuno, just keeping an eye on it.
    Well I hope you all good.

Oh Brooke you have one VERY strong willed little girl there, no one will ever take advantage of her - very difficult to parent though.

I hope you have a high tolerance level, and a lot of patience

Brooke, Pup went through a small caper like Maya. I just reverted back to the rice cereal mixed with fruit puree and started all over again. That being said, he still won't tolerate lumps and chunks on a spoon, but is happy to feed himself dry biscuits, toast, small bits of meat etc... Will Maya take finger food to feed herself just a little bit??

Well, we went to the MCHN today. We missed last week cause I forgot, so it has been 5 weeks since we were there last. And Pup didn't put on one iota! Not a gram! In fact, I think he might have lost some as I had just given him his lunch (out of a can..120gms worth) before he got weighed. He put on 1.8 cms in length and only 0.2cm around his head. MCHN said that no weight gain was ok (also considering he lengthened) but would like to see weight gain next measurement. Anyone else's bub done this?

belmarks Guest

Ok, Im officially annoyed. This new forum will be great when its up and running properly, but I haven't been receiving any emails with replies to threads, so I've missed heaps....AAARRRGGHHHHH:mad:

Anyway, Hi all, hope you are all well.

Brooke, when Coby's teeth were really troubling him, he wouldn't eat anything. I put it down to that. Its so hard at the mo, its really just a guessing game, but remember, you know here better than anyone and you know what your gut feelings are, so believe them over anything else, because they are usually right. I have told people and clinic sister/dr all my theories about why Coby does the things that he does at certain times and they poo poo it, but it turns out in the end that my instincts were right. Just one of those phases you have to ride out I guess. Keep your chin up honey, and just feed her the pureed stuff if that's all she wants, at least you know she's eating something then. We went back to pureed stuff, Coby is an awful eater, won't eat anything with the tiniest chunk in it.....

Kate/Vanita/Hayseed - how are you all going? Hope you are all well....

Hi to all the other girls I may have missed.

Coby is going well, still has that nuisance of a cold but he's been in good spirits with it, so I can't complain really, just worried about him. He's on the tail end of it I think, he seems to be coming good.

My friend from overseas arrived this morning I think we will go and see her tomorrow, let her settle in and get over the jet lag and then we will bombard her with COBY!! Hope he's not too much of a handful for them....tee he he

Anyway, must go I feel like I've been on this computer all day, Im going to put my feet up on the lounge and have some me time...

I find it hard, celebrating the fact that Im a mother, when I have to also celebrate mine and Dh's mothers IYKWIM> For lunch so that she doesnt have to cook, we are all bringing stuff to Chris's mothers house, he put me down for a lasagne and a bok choy salad. We were going to go out for dinner with my mother, but she left it to late and we couldnt get in anywhere, so are having it at her house, and I am making a zuchini slice, bok choy salad and a pavlova. so except for breakfast I will be in the car running around, and coz of the limited time I will be spending tomorrow in the kitchen preparing.
    I think one year I am going to organise a day away for me and MY family

I hope you all have a VERY VERY VERY special first ( for most) Mothers day. and the old hands, enjoy yourselves too!!! Make sure you get you breaky in bed!!!!

Oh and Kate have a lovely night out on us LOL!!!

Oh Kate, have a lovely night out tomorrow!

Vanita, bummer about having to do all that food prep tomorrow and running around on Sunday. I hope you get time to enjoy yourself, and definitely make sure brekky in bed is on the menu. Re you saying you're going to organise a day away for yourself one year, I used to work with a guy who would play golf with his dad on Fathers day and whose wife would go shopping or movies and lunch with her Mum on Mothers Day. I thought it was a great idea - it's their day, why not do something you enjoy with someone you love?

Happy Mothers Day everyone. xx

Angry

I just lost a HUGE post. It was a rant about DH and how we had a huge blue last night. God that makes me cross.

But typing it out didn't make me feel any better, so I'm obviously still extremely mad and upset about it.

Men are just such babies sometimes. We should get a mothers day gift from them as some of them want us to just take over the role of mother to them! Stinking husbands....
    (you can tell I'm angry hey??)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast