Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #4

hi all
    A.J- glad to here from you, have no trouble wtih Charlotte taking a bottle but she will only take it from me, so no help there. I know what you mean with expressing it can take so long to get a little bit.

Fee- you are so lucky to get that much sleep we get between 4-5 hours at the moment over night.

Chantal- good luck tomorrow, i went through it with Madison she was not a good sleeper.

Charlotte does not like formula yay, on friday she was screaming so mum thought she was still hungry so she went and brought her some formula, she wont take that dose not like it, as i thought she was still hungry last night after her feed so i thought i would top her up, she would not take it and then went onto the breast half and hour later.

Just got Charlotte weighed for her 3 month check up she weighs 5.215 and her height is 58cms, she has grown 2.5cms in 2 and 1/2 weeks. We are still in some 0000 clothes but mostly are in 000 now.

Hi Girls!!!

Well life is great for us!
    I went and bought the book 'save our sleep' by Tizzie Hall and have started her routine and so far things are going along very well...fingers crossed it continues!

God Im sooooI loveing being a stay at home Mum…bugger going back to work I say!! Im going to make the most of being a kept woman!! Lol!

Jensen is wonderful today…he is smiling and going and gaa-ing and squeals with delight when I walk in the room! Ahhh it’s the best feeling, it totally melts my heart! He is now really developing his own personality and its amazing to watch…I think hes going to be a very strong minded, determined little boy…quite the handful I dare to say!!

Im really enjoying my mothers group too, there are 4 of us that all get along brilliantly and have the same warped sense of humour…which is great as you can share your up and down moments with them and not feel judged…which is a wonderful relief as there are days that you wonder if your doing things the right way or your just generally sleep deprived and feeling a bit emotional, so its nice to know that there are other new Mums having the same feelings as you…makes you feel more normal!
    Thanks to everyone for your advice re the cot..Im going to leave it for a week ...then put the bassinette into the cot for a few nights and then do the day time naps in the cot...so Ill do it all a bit slower...Ive definatly learnt my lesson!

Em- I cant believe you dont have time to use a fabric softner...next youll be saying your too busy to iron Dh jocks too! lol! The washing powder I use has a fabric softner in it...makes life easier and Im all for that! Hows the SIl sitation going?

Kel- I forgot to Congratulate you on your 2kg loss!! Well done babe! I weighed myself last Mon and had lost 1.5kg so I was high fiving myself too...ahhh its the simple things in life that makes me happy these days! And asfor your MIL... that so rude of her...next time she comes for dinner make a curry and add heaps of chilli to her bowl...I did that to my MIL once...shhhhhh!!! Thats really bad of me isnt it...but gee it felt good to watch her struggle as she ate it...especially when her nose started running like a tap! lol! And its a big nose at that!

Cass- Well done on your night out! Rob has managed to get VIP tickets to the Cox Plate in the Carlton United marquee...so I get to get all dressed up..cant wait! But I am a bit worried about leaving little Jensen for 8 hours...but I know Mum will do a great job! How was DFO...do they have much baby stuff...I havent been there for years!

KMH- what a pain about vic roads ...typical really! You must be so excited about your trip! I just realised that Charlotte is about the same weight as Jensen.... I find that some people will say Gee his not very chubby is he... do people say that to you too...because it gives me the s&^*s!!

Fee- YAY for SUPER COOPER sleeping through!!! Lucky bugger!!!

Ok well Im off to walk off this extra butt Ive grown!!
    Cheers
    Cyn

Cyn- i don't the coments on how small Charlotte is, as i think she is a girl and they expect her to be small, but a boy they think they should be chubby. sounds like you are enjoying being a mum, are you going back to work? I said i was going to go back when i was pregnant with Madison, but here i am still at home and she is nearly 2.

Mads- Freya sounds a bit like Madison she used to sleep in her bouncer, i have a swing that Charlotte loves to sleep in, but i have started to put her in her bed for sleeps now. Don't you love those poos Charlotte was like that and now i get them once or twice a day.

Well both girls are in bed so i am going to enjoy my time to myself.

Fraser Guest

Hey guys,

well I just can't seem to get rid of all the snot in Charlie's head. just when I think it's all cleared up he gets blocked up again. he doesn't have a fever or anything so I don't want to give him panadol - but I'm just not sure how to get rid of it - I use Fess when it gets really blocked (which he hates), it's been well over a week now - poor little thing.

Cyn - I know I don't want to go back to work - but I'm not sure if I'm cut out for the stay at home Mum stuff - I don't feel I'm very good at it. Also I haven't connected with anyone at Mothers group but it appears the others have - I feel like such a loser when I go there - thank goodness for this forum I say!
    the SIL has been ok because she has been super busy so we haven't seen much of her. Also I think DH pi*sed her of - he and my brother often go out for a couple of beers on a Weds night - she decided instead of that we could have a BBQ at our house - to which DH said no - he was going out and want interested in a BBQ - since then she has neither spoken to nor looked at him - didn't ring him for his birthday or drop around (which normally would be a prime excuse) - I think I am seeing her today for a walk - but there are gale force winds here at the moment and I don't want to pull a Mary Poppins.

Mads - ah yes the poo stories become part of everyday life - I think though you know when it's gone too far when you pick your child up and sniff their bottom to see if they've let one rip.... I caught myself doing that the other day - something I vowed I never would. I even grabbed at some of his boogies with my fingers and wiped them on my trousers... how revolting is that!! Freya is so beautiful!

AJ - welcome back young lady! I can't help with the EBM stuff - I've only done it once and Mum fed Charlie when I wasn't here so I don't really know how it went - the breast pump scares me so it takes me a while to work up the courage to use it. Why is it that the lady on the box looks so happy and at ease instead of frustrated, in pain and cranky??? I want to hurt her.....

Chantal - let us know how the sleep clinic goes - I would be really interested to see what they said. Good luck

Fee - yes my back is breaking!! all of my joints actually seize up at the moment if I sit still for too long - Mum thinks I;m not gettting enough calcium. When I stand up it takes me a while to actually straighten up - I dead scared I am going to do myself some permanent damage - so am off to see an osteopath. It's really sad to know that Charlie will never be a little baby again - when I hold my neice (who is three weeks older) it's such a relief to be able to pick her up without straining!

Kelly - Charlotte sounds like she is doing really well - I still can't believe shes in 0000 - we just cleaned out Charlies cupboards packed away all his 000 clothes and some of his 00 ones too - so sad - some of them he only wore once or twice.

Charlie slept from 7pm until 5.40 last night - so suprised to wake up and realise what the time was - yee har!!! maybe he's back to normal now, fingers crossed.

Have a good day everyone - we have the council right our side the house digging up the footpath - don't know why - perhaps they needed something to do - I thought the noise would upset Charlie but he's sleeping right through it!

Em

Fraser Guest

oh ps; also - fingernails - how do you guys cut them - I have tried biting them but they seem too hard - do you use clippers?? Charlie is really scratching at his face and me! I want to trim his nails back but not sure how to

Sorry guys - just a real quick one from me to announce...

Danielle rolled over yesterday for the first time and she did it twice!!!!!! She was on her tummy and just lent to the side and rolled onto her back. She looked stunded and didn't know whether to cry or laugh. Then I burst into laughter and screams and she started laughing. It was so cute. Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke I put her back on her tummy and she did it again!! I called Ken straight away in so much joy!! I'm the proudest mum ever!!

Em - I tried cutting Danielle's nails with baby clippers and they just wouldn't work so I use just normal clippers. You just need to take extra care and not cut their fingers off when they move!!

Must run - busy day - the house looks like a bombs hit it and we've got a get together with the lady's at Mother's Group this afternoon. I'll do some personals later. Bye from The Proudest Mum Ever!!

Bubs - Yay for Danielle what a very clever little girl she is.

Em - The safest way to cut fingernails at this age is with a nail file, I just did Adrian`s last week. When Adrian had a cold 5 weeks ago we were told by the Clinic Nurse to use Dimetapp on him, it worked well, it`s for babies from 1 month onwards, hope Charlie is better soon.

KMH - If you google theweewuns you`ll find all about the prefolds, they are very absorbent and very easy to use, I just snappy them and put a cover over them.

Hello Mads, you must be a newbie or have I gone senile LOL I was a due to July belly bump but Adrian decided to come 12 days overdue so he`s an August bub but I love all my July girls so I`m still in here.

Cyn - You sound like your doing wonderfully being a MUmmy, well done

Fee - Yay for Cooper sleeping so well for you.

AJ - Sorry I can`t help you with your question regarding bottle feeding, I have never bottle fed either of my boys.

Adrian is doing well, had the clinic appointment on Monday for his 10 week check up, he`s now 7.4kg and 64cms long and according to the nurse is very advanced, I`m wondering if it`s to do with him being overcooked as she says he`s doing things he shouldn`t be doing for another 4 weeks, so I`m a happy Mummy to hear that He`s such a talkative little boy and so very happy, very rarely cries and when he does it`s for a good reason, had his vacs yesterday and he`s been running a very high temp so he`s not feeling his best today, I was really worried about him at 2am thought we were off to the Hospital, he was on fire but thankfully after some panadol the temp dropped a bit.

In the sleep department, Adrian has been sleeping 10 hours each night for the last 2 weeks, I`m wondering when will he start waking up again it`s too good to be true as Matthew didn`t sleep through until he was 10 months.

Hope your all well.

Take Care

Dee

hi all
    Dee- how are you going? wow at adrian sleeping so long over night, i am lucky if i get 5 hours at the moment Charlotte has been going 3 1/2 - 4 hours.

Bubs- Yay for Danielle, she is cleaver, Madison started to roll about this time too.

Em- i bet you are great being at home, when i first met my mothers group i thought "great" they were talking about which church they go to and why they named there babies for christian reasons, but they are a great group of people, we still go weekly.

Well i am off to the baby expo tomorrow, and to hopefully to meet Kelly as she is there for bellybelly. I went last year and it was great.
    i am trying to get Charlotte to sleep at the moment so much fun, she wont sleep in my arms so i put her to bed and she wont sleep there either and she is tried.

Hope all is well

went to sleep clinic today. they have also decided zac is a difficult baby to sleep and do what we have to. but i dont mind. it was good for someone else to see it that i was not going crazy. they are also amazed at how alert he is and how advanced he is.
    Frazer - with the snotty nose it could be an allergy. i have just discovered that zac gets a snotty nose when we was our cloths in omo but if i was it in other stuff his fine.
    Bubseykel - yay. its so cute to see them roll
    MIL is coming to help me over the week end as i am feeling close to having a break down. the girls at mothersgroup have organised a day out tomorrow and hopefuly that will be good if the weather holds
    i am having a final driving lesson on the 1st november and hopefuly they say i can go for my licence. this will give me so much more freedom
    better go as his starting to stir again

hey girl
    i just wanted to let you know i lost 2kg this week so in two weeks iv lost 3.5 kg i so rapped lol babys are rolling over every where lol i put mu son on his belly the other day looked away for s sec coz my daughter wanted me when i looked back at bailee he was on his back lol i showed hubby when he got home and he cried my baby is getting bigger
    anyways im off ill chat to ya all soon

sorry girl for me not being on line when it msn chat time i keep nfor getting and when i remember it to late i hope you have fun in there chatting to one another

Fee Guest

Cooper slept through again! After my last post where he slept through on Tuesday night, I was hoping he'd do it again on Wednesday night. But he just slept until 4.00 am (10 hours between feeds).

But last night he slept through – 12 hours between feeds. 6pm to 6am. Yahooooo! That's twice in one week. I hope it becomes the norm! Please, please, please!!!

Also, Cooper has improved so much at tummy time. In just two weeks the difference is amazing!!! He can lift his head so much and lifts his feet up at the same time. Maybe he will roll soon?!

Here are some pics of his improvement:

11 weeks
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN4041.jpg

12 weeks
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN4211.jpg

13 weeks
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN4323.jpg

Yesterday for some reason Cooper wouldn't stay wrapped for his day sleeps and therefore only had three 1 hour naps over the day. So weird because the day before just one of his naps was 3 hours!!! So yeah not sure why he kept getting out of his wrap – I was doing it the same as always. I'm really liking wrapping again (just for day sleeps). It has helped so much with the length of his sleeps. Hopefully yesterday was just a weird day for him. He was a bit fussy at the boob too. Anyway here is a pic of him at his last nap of the day – little Houdini!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN4325.jpg

kmh – Wow Charlotte has grown a lot in 2.5 weeks. Yay for Charlotte!

Boisey – You sound sooooo happy! That's so great. Don't you just love the smiles and goos our bubs give us now. It is definitely heart melting stuff!

Mads – Freya is so so cute in your ticker pic. And wow she is a big girl!

Fraser – Gosh look at Charlie's chubby cheeks in your ticker pic! Hehehe how sweet. Sorry to hear you haven't connected with anyone at your Mother's Group. Is that one organised through the clinic?

About fingernails … I tried baby clippers once but they were hopeless. I use little nail scissors – they are so much easier. I do it after a feed when Cooper is a little bit more relaxed although he still wiggles a lot!

Bubseykel – Yay for Danielle! That's so amazing. What a clever girl.

Deejoy17 – Sounds like Adrian is doing fabulously. Yay for him being advanced! What sort of things does he do?

chantal25 – Did the sleep clinic give you any tips?

baiza – Congrats on your weight loss. That's fantastic.

fee - no tips from the clinic - they just said to keep doing what we are doing and that it looks like Zac is just not a day sleeper.
    KMH - i am still only getting between 2-5 hours at night. most i have had is 6 and that was before he got sick
    sorry i am not on msn but it crashes my computer.

Hi girls,

Just gotten back from the doctor's with Danielle - she has conjunctivitis - lovely!! They think she picked it up from the creche at the gym. So no gym for me until it clears up as they won't take her for obvious reasons.

Fee - Danielle had a weird day yesterday. She woke at 5.30am when Ken or I weren't even up yet so she had a feed and a play and by 7am she was tired again so I put her back to bed and she slept until 10.15am! But for the rest of the day it was only hour long sleeps. At least I got time to do my housework. Last night was 7.30pm to 6.30am which was the longest she's slept over night too.

Baiza - congrats on your weight loss!! Keep up the good work!! Since changing over to my digital scales about 3 weeks ago I've lost 2.5kgs but I think I've put on a bit of muscle from the gym but I look heaps better already. I refused to buy a pair of size 16 jeans so I worked hard and now I'm back in my pre pregnancy jeans and even my 3/4 jeans are starting to be a bit on the big side that I have to pull them up all the time. I was wondering about the MSN chat room. I've been on there most days and no one has been on there. I thought I was missing something!

Chantal - I'm glad you sort of sorted things out with Zac. I'm sure you are doing a great job.

Kel - have fun at the baby expo - I bet you will!!

Dee - Adrian is a big boy isn't he! Danielle was 'undercooked' and she's still a big girl but it takes all sorts to make this world go round. I keep saying she's chunky like her mum -hehehe - hopefully not for much longer. Danielle has her second dose of needles on Thursday - not looking forward to that at all. Do they get easier as they get older?

I think I've decided to go back to work for a couple of days a week. Mum said she would look after Danielle on those days as I refuse to put her into daycare and I like the one on one attention that we can give her. I just don't want to go back and find out I hate it and wish I didn't do it.

Danielle hasn't rolled again. I've been playing with her and putting her on her tummy but with no luck. She's trying to as I can see her pushing off with her arms but just hasn't tipped over. Yesterday she did almost roll from her back to her belly. During her Nuddy Time she was on her back, swung her legs over and rolled her shoulders so she was 3/4 of the way but didn't pull her shoulder out so she could continue over so she rolled onto her back again.

I'm off now - trying to decide what to do - watch Gilmore Girls, Grease or go outside and start moving some bits and pieces around for the start of our back patio reno. Have a great weekend everyone!!

hey how is everyone going,
    i went to the expo yesterday and could of spent lots, i brought a sun shade tent for Charlotte that can be zipped up so no bugs can get into it, i really wanted to buy a baba sling, though the lady who sells them is from QLD andis selling them at a market that i will be going to so i think i will buy it up there, i am just looking on ebay for them.

i am still only getting about 4 hours over night between feeds, hopefully on Monday it will be longer as we go and get her tounge fixed on Monday so hopefully she will feed for longer too.

Well no time for personals sorry, i have lots of housework to do and them i am off too an engament party tonight.
    Also my BIL just got engaged last night.

Hey girlies

Well I went to the baby expo today at Jeffs shed and it was packed, I went with my girlfriend who is expecting in March and her hubby and my Dylan of course we looked at some things but basically we both wanted a hugabub, she wanted a mountain buggy and a high chair so we all got what we went there for. I only spent $100 which was on the hugabub but if I had really looked around properly I bet I would have spent more, LOL.

KMH I have a Baba sling which I am thinking of selling, would you buy a second hand one? I haven't quite decided if I want to sell it but I want to try out my hugabub first and see if I love it before I sell my baba sling. It is black and has been used about a 5 or 6 times.

Fee Yay for Cooper's tummy time and LOL at him being Houdini. I had stopped wrapping Dylan at night and had been using the sleeping bags but I have started again as he is quite unsettled, so I am using muslin too and I took your suggestion at wrapping him during the day and making the room a bit dark and that helps Dylan have longer day naps sometimes. The best day naps he has are in the pram or car and I am hoping the hugabub will help too. Yay for Cooper sleeping through, I have managed to get 9 hours out of Dylan and that was of sleep it would have been 10 and a half hours between feeds (took me an hour and a half to settle him). I also started using Gaia about three weeks ago and at the same time one of our cats came home and I started using Lux Flakes in the wash so the MCHN said it could be one of them that caused it. I have stopped using the Gaia on Dylan cos I think it was that I have been using it as a shower gel cos I don't want to waste it. I am now using QV bath oil and sorbolene on his skin to get rid of the dryness. He doesn't seem too irritated.

Bubsey Sorry that Danielle has conjuctivitis I have had that and it is yuck. It is great that your mum can mind Danielle I wish I had that too but my mum works full time.

Baiza Execellent that you have lost 3.5kg my wieght is slowly slowly dropping off.

Dee Wow Adrian is a big boy, Dylan is 14 weeks this Monday and when he was weighed last Tuesday he was 5.7kg and 61.5cm long so he is tall and slim like his daddy. The MCHN said he was below average in weight and average in height. In his first few weeks he was above average in both, who knows?

Fraser Yay for Charlie sleeping so long. I am still able to bite Dylan's nails and I used baby clippers on him once and cut him so I am not game to use them again, when his nails get too hard I will use a nail file.

Mads I have stopped beating myself up over the eczema thing as I know I just have to look after his skin and it is not my fault but it is hard not to blame yourself when things happen to your little one. My AF returned on the 30th of September also which was exactly a year since my last one started weird huh I too thought I would not have it for much longer due to breastfeeding oh well. Freya is just gorgeous in your signature.

Boisey Enjoy the Cox plate and I am sure Jensen will be fine with your mum but it is hard to leave them. DFO has a few baby stores like Pumpkin Patch and a couple of others. I got a heap of 00 clothes for Dylan from Pumpkin Pathc and they all had $5-$8 off the normal price which is ok even though I think PP is quite exxy anyway but I quite like the clothes.

Anyway that was a long post. I have my mothers group at my place this week so I have been madly cleaning as my house is so yuck you wouldn't know my hubby wasn't working with the state of the house. Anyway I may go to bed as DH out and Dylan sleeping for at least a few more hours.

cassie- how much do you want for you sling? i am interested if you are wanting to sell it.
    let me know.
    i went to the engament party last night, it was so cold, Charlotte was good though, today we are off to mums at madison is staying there for a few nights as charlotte as her op on her tounge tomorrow (i am not looking forward to it)

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

hi all - hope all is going well for you.
    MIL is helping me out this weekend. lots of suggestion about zac but i have started my own ways. but on the plus side she has helped so much with the cleaning. i have not been able to clean for 10 months (could not stand up for more then 2 minutes when i was pregnate and now zac is very full on) so now i have a clean kitchen. MIL took dh and zac for a walk and i was able to clean lounge room and bathroom.
    Zac had some tummy time yesterday to show MIL what he can do. we had him on his playmat and he decided he did not want to stay on the play mat. he pushed off with his legs and tried to crawl!!! :eek: but he has not got the hang of picking up his arms at the same time and did a face plant on the mat. but he still kept going. we had to stop him and put him on his back when he got off his mat and onto the carpet so he didnt get carpet burn on his face. but have to be careful now as it looks like in the next few weeks he will be able to fool from his back to his belly. he is almost there now but just cant quite make it.
    will pm next time have a good day

hi all
    i have been up since 4:45am this morning, I had to feed Charlotte at that time as she has to fast before we head off to the hospital this morning, i thought it was not really worth me trying to go to back to sleep only to be woken up 45 mins later. She had a good feed so hopefully that will tied her over until her op this morning, we are first on the list at 8:30, so hopefully no emergency's come in.
    I hope that we will not be there too long, but the nurse who called me last night said sometimes they need to stay over night. Madison is at mums last night and tonight so i am missing her.
    i will let you all know how it turns out when i get back on. Hopefully Charlotte will feed better too. Wish us luck.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast