Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #4

Default Babies Born July 2006 #4

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

July '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Name: Trish (Baby~amore` - I chose my user name before I knew it was twins - means Baby love )
    State: NSW
    DOB: 1.7.06 (35weeks & 4days - EDD was 1st August)
    Stats: Samuel 6lb 8.5 oz (2960gm), Length - 46.5cm
    Joel 4lb 12oz (2164gm) Length 43cm
    Babies names: Samuel Matthew Gordon (twin A) and Joel Thomas Ryan (twin B)
    Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t...rbellybubbies/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Spent 3 days in NICU and 15 days in Special Care Nursery - though well
    Born by emergency c/s - Breech and Maternal obstetric cholestatis (more common in multiple pregnancy)
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Muma
    State:vic
    Born:39weeks out of 40weeks
    Baby's DOB: 4/7/06 at 9.10pm
    Weight: 8 pound 11 -3960g Length - 51.5cm Head Circ -35.5cm
    Gender of Baby: male
    Baby's Name: lachlan robert carter-rijnders
    Baby's Website:http://www.babysites.com/sites/lilch...age=home&seq=1
    http://hstrial-jcarter151.homestead.com/
    Notes: Birth: normal/no drugs/no pain killers. Labour: 3hours/20mins pushing. Blood loss at birth:450mls. Labour analgesia: only shower. 1st feed: brest fed 4/7/06 Stay in hospital: well concidering had bub at 9.10pm i didnt really sleep that night but i left on the 6th july...
    happy reading and checking out websites..
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Forum Name: Bubseykel
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 6/7/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.98kg (8lb 12oz) Length 52cm Head Circ 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Danielle Lucy
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/hobbsbaby
    Health Concerns: n/a
    Notes: Born 9 days early - Vaginal birth - 6 1/2 hours labour - pushing 1 1/2 hours - 'Corkscrew' method used to pull her out as her shoulders got stuck - Danielle ended up with a broken shoulder bone due to being stuck but she is fine now!!
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

Name: [email protected]
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 11/07/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4065 g - 53 cm - 36.5 cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Oskar Maddox Cooper
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: 11 days overdue (EDD 30/06/06). Admitted to hospital for induction 09/06/06 (evening), had a c/s 11/07/06 (early morning) as baby was not descending.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Forum Name: AJ
    State: Christchurch NZ
    Baby's DOB: 15 July 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 13oz - Length – 50cm Head Circ – 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Ethan Paul
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: 40hrs of contractions – not progressing- waters manually broken, Synto drip, Gas then epidural – bubs went into distress emergency c-section performed- all good from there.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Forum Name: Fee
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 17 July 2006
    Baby's Stats: 3.63 kgs (8 lbs) - 51.5 cm - 35 cm
    Baby's Name: Cooper Harvey
    Baby's Website: http://www.totsites.com/tot/babywoj or http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrswoj78/my_photos
    Notes: Vaginal birth with pethidine - labour approx 12 hours long and pushed for only 43 minutes

Forum Name: Cassie
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 17/7/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.9kg (8pd 10oz) Length - 51.5cm Head Circ - 37cm
    Baby's Name: Dylan Sebastian
    Baby's Website: http://www.babysites.com/sites/cassie77/
    Health Concerns: None so far
    Notes: Vaginal birth, 21 and a half hour labour, no pain relief apart from
    the gas, was a vacuum extraction (ventouse)in the end after I became
    exhausted, had been pushing about 2 hours, poor little mite had a bruise on
    his head from the vacuum that is nearly gone, was also jaundiced for the
    first week or so but better now, I had two first degree tears and four
    stitches.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

Forum Name: Chantal25
    State:NSW
    Baby's DOB:19/07/206
    Baby's Stats: Weight -2.815 Length -54cms Head Circ - 34.5
    Gender of Baby:Male
    Baby's Name:Zachery David
    Baby's Website:NA
    Health Concerns: possible reflux and colic
    Notes: emergancy Csection - Zac was in destress - cord was wrapped around
    his neck twice and around his body once.

Forum Name: Fraser (Emily)
    State:TAS
    Baby's DOB: 20 July 06
    Baby's Stats:Weight 7 pounds 15 ounce, Length 53cm, Head Circ 36cm
    Gender of Baby:Male
    Baby's Name: Charlie Simon
    Baby's Website:http://darguethomsonbaby.photosite.com/
    Health Concerns:Nil
    Notes: Born 9 days early - 4 hour 'active' labour - popped out way sooner than expected even caught the OB by surprise - no time for drugs but unfortunately enough time for an episiotomy!

Forum Name: KMH
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 20/7/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.29 kg (7lb 4oz) - Length 48cms, Head Circ 34.5cms
    Gender of Baby: female
    Baby's Name: Charlotte Johanna Howell
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Tongue Tied
    Notes: VBAC, was induced as i was 5 days over, waters broken and sytno drip, 7 hours of labour with all drugs, pushed for 1hr and 20mins with an
    episiotomy!

Forum Name: kyliealisha
    State:
    Baby's DOB: 21 July 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.6 kg - 51 cm - 36.6 cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Emma Jessie
    Baby's Website: http://hampton.faberex.com/Default.a...th=Baby%20Emma
    Notes: Emma was born via emergency C Section after many hours of labour when we realised she was not going to fit through my pelvis!

Forum Name: Boisey
    State: Melb, Vic
    Baby's DOB: 27/7/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.345kg Length 5ocm Head Circ 35cm
    Baby's Name: Jensen Robert
    Baby's Website:

Forum Name: Shinee
    State: Canberra where its lovely and cold!!!
    Baby's DOB: 28th July 2006 (just made it in)
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.095kg Length -49cm Head Circ -34cm(34cm too big if
    u ask me)
    Gender of Baby: shes defiantly a girly, girl
    Baby's Name: Lucy Alys Tait
    Baby's Website: gots to get to that
    Health Concerns: nothing she is absolutly puuuuuurfect!
    Notes: induced labour started wednesday 26th July, 3 sets of gels.. nothing until thursday 27th july at 10pm when my waters naturally broke and finally after nearly 38hours of contractions and pethadine (wasnt allowed to have an epi due to blood clot at 31wks )Lucy came gushing into the world not breathing for 40 seconds at 11:39am!!!!

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found HERE

Love

yay i am first.
    cyn- do not worry what your health nurs said, jenno is growing he is bigger then Charlotte over a week ago she was 4.830 so i think she should be about 5kgs now, as long as he is putting on weight there should be nothing wrong with you milk. Don't you hate it when people tell you things are wrong when they are not, my mum and step mum tell me when charlotte is upset at the end of night that i should top her up with formula, i really hate it when they say this as i had no milk for Madison so she was bottle fed and i really want to b/f charlotte for as long as i can. I wish i was a skinny minnie, i am about a size 16 still more weight to lose.

Fee Charlotte has been doing those crys alot lately, so i have gone back to pumping after feeds to give her at the end of the day, though she is begining to sleep about 7 hours straight every night, yay. Where did you get your wraps from, as we are going to QLD soon i want to buy soem for Charlotte.

Dee- glad to see you still around, what are prefolds?

Kel- with your baby beehinds do you need a cover for them or do you just leave them as be.

On thursday i am getting charlotte's feet and hands sculpted, I did with Madison and they turned out to well.
    Last edited by kmh; October 10th, 2006 at 05:43 PM.

hello all - welcome to the group mads.
    boisey - i have booked to see an osteopath on thursday. he is going to give Zac and i an assessment to see whats happening. DH isnt sure about it but i told him i am now willing to try anything.
    fee - still waiting to find out. i missed the call from them and they left message to say they will call me when they are back this week. he is also booked in next week to have his 3 month check.
    khm - dont the hands and feet sculpturs look cute - i had zacs done at 15 days and they sit on the wall.
    we have zac booked into the DRs tomorrow to try and get this reflux sorted out as it keeps waking him up.

Hi Chantal!~
    Just to let you know that DH was very unsure about taking Jensen to an osteo too in the beginning...but now he is amazed at the results! In all honesty we walk into his clinic with a very distressed, sleep deprived and screaming little boy...we walked out with a baby that started smiling and gooing and garring at me and most importantly SLEPT!!! The first night we got 5 hours straight compared to 1 hour which was what I used to get Wooo Hoooo!
    Anyway I hope it all works out for you and little Zac!

Welcome Mads!!!
    Jensen was born on 27 July and sounds alot like Freya!! Very alert, strong willed and determined little kids...god help us..lol!!

hey khm talking about hand a feet casting me and my friend are starting a business doing that were still working out everything but we'll be up and runny soon i hope well i hope they turn out beautiful they always do
    well im off ill chat wit ya all soon

hey fee were starting hand and feet lifecasting still got alot to do but hopefully we can start soonwe both studyed art at school and its somehing iv always wanted to since my daughter was born back them it wasn't the right time and now where going to do it. it will either make us or break as im just following my passion for art and children
    Last edited by baiza; October 10th, 2006 at 10:08 PM.

Fee Guest

We went to the clinic yesterday for Cooper's 12 week check up. I was sitting in the waiting room and a lady there was saying how cute Cooper was and that he should be in a Huggies commercial! I told Mark and he said maybe we should consider it?!

Anyway Cooper's stats are now:

Weight: 6.49 kgs (6490 g) (14.3 lbs)
    Length: 62 cm
    Head: 41 cm

So all is well.

Cooper does so many weird things lately – he changes every day! I can never figure him out. And I just wish he would sleep through again. Every night when we put him to bed now he grizzles. I have to go in and pat/shush him a few times. He never used to do this – now he does it every night after his last feed.

Last night was weird. I fed him at 5.00 pm and he was fussing about a bit at the feed. But when I offered my boob without the nipple shield he went on straight away! Very strange. Then he did not sleep the best. Woke up at 12.45 am (8 hours between feeds – I guess it's okay). Then he woke at 4.00 am. I just went in and patted him for a couple of minutes. Also he had kicked off his blankets. Then he woke at 5.00 am. I thought I'd fed him then. He only had 5 minutes. Weird. Then I thought I'd wrap him and he slept until 7.00 am where I did a 10 minute feed. Also I used the shield again and he was fine with it.

I really am wondering if he's teething. Yesterday while waiting for the clinic appointment he had my finger in his mouth and he was biting down sooo hard it almost hurt me!

Deejoy17 – Sorry to hear about your infection. I hope it goes away soon.

kmh – I was given some muslin wraps but they are just Bubba Blue brand and can be bought from Target.

Mads – Welcome to the group! Cooper is a Cancer bub. I looked it up on the Net and it says "they love to be needed"! I think that sounds like Cooper! And they are moody.

Freya is adorable – just checked our your website.

chantal25 – Good luck with all your appointments for Zac. I hope they help.

Boisey – How's Jensen today?

baiza – So you're starting up a feed/hand sculpting business... Sounds cool. I hope it works out for you!

Hi girls

What has happened to my baby? Last night he would not settle when it was his bedtime and it took me an hour to settle him and I couldn't even leave the room I had to sit next to the cot and rub his tummy in circles before he would even look a little sleepy. Then he woke at 12.45 and i had to feed him (usually it is about 3 or 4am) and then again at5.30 and again at 9am so we had a weird night last night. I wonder if he had a belly ache at bedtime.

Fee I too would love to put Dylan in photos or ads as I think he is very cute too but he has a birthmark on his forehead which the ob said will fade it is called a Stork bite so I would hate for him to be rejected for that reason so I don't think I will bother but you should definitely give it a go.

Baiza That sounds like a great business to go into I have been thinking about what I can do that involves babies/children for a job/business so I don't have to go back to my corporate job. I was thinking of studying to be a doula.

Chantal and Boisey I have been thinking of taking Dylan to an osteopath for his flat patch on his head a friend recommended it to me.

KMH Oooh I might get the hands/feet sculpted too sounds gorgeous. I bought my muslin wraps at myer, they also have them at Baby Bunting, Target, etc.

Welcome Mads My baby boy Dylan is a Cancer like me but I haven't seen any real cancer characterisitcs from him so far will have to observe more.

Baby boy crying see you all later.

hi all
    what a great day in melb, i love it when it is hot, i got sunburnt today.
    i think there is something happining to our babies, Charlotte has been taking awhile to get to sleep, lately i have to cuddle her to sleep and normally she will sleep from 7:30pm to 2-2:30am but last night it was 8;30 to 12, she woke up at 7 this morning so happy, talking and smilling so cute.

cassie- i would love to become a doula or a midwife, i am going to look at it later on when Charlotte is a bit older.

Fee- i have looked into modling for children it can be expencive and they might not even get a job out of it, when Madison was younger the girls at pixi photos gave me info on it as they loved taking photos of Madison and they thought she would do really well.

Baizar- good luck with the new adventure, start of at the markets i am getiing it done through twinkle toes. Have you got there price list?

Mads- welcome.

i had to have an afternoon sleep today i was so tired so i put Charlotte in with me i thought i would try to see how she would go not be wrapped, but she didn't go to sleep as soon as i wrapped her she was asleep, she is still sleeping 2 hours later.

went to LC to have a check on Zacs attachment and all is ok. also had him weighed as i am worried about his reflux. he is now 6.39kgs they are realy happy with his weight gain and he has not lost any with the reflux. booked into sleep school next thursday.

hey kmh yeah i got there price listit come in one of those babys you get when you have a baby

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven’t been around lately. Things have been pretty hectic around here.

Cyn – our nurse told us as long as they have put on at least 100gms every week that’s fine. If you can maybe see if you can get him weighed this week and see how much he’s put on. So he’s almost put on 2 kgs in say 10 weeks so that’s around the 200gms per week which is fine!!!!! I think he’s doing perfectly!! As for sizing – I am a size 14 pushing a 16. I have almost been a 12 before so I guess that’s my real goal. I have lost 2.1kgs on my digital scales so I’m down to 80 – 14 more to go!! On my normal scales I’m 78 – almost pre pregnancy weight!! My MIL needs to be kicked to the kerb!! She told me that Danielle needs to sleep with her mouth closed otherwise she’s going to get asthma and she told me that she only put on 2 stone when she was pregnant with DH and I told her I put on 20 kilos and she told me that that’s way too much. Oh she also told me that eating lots of pasta helps loose weight – hellooooooooo – I think I know my body better and less pasta, rice, breads loose weight for me. She just opens her mouth and doesn’t think. I have to see her probably this weekend – bummer. My birthday is this Monday. Sorry for the rambling.

Hi Dee – bugger about the infection. Good to her Adrian is going well.

Kel – the Beehinds you need covers for. If you buy the package it gives you everything you need.

Hiya Mads – welcome to our group.

Fee – Cooper sounds like he’s going amazingly. I was worried Danielle was way behind in her growth but she’s only just behind Cooper in her 12 weeks measurements so I’m happy. Danielle’s a cancer baby too and she definitely wants to be needed.

Sounds like everyone’s going through was Danielle went though about 2 weeks ago. I’m sure they will all grow out of it – it just takes time. Danielle’s decided she wants to be clingy already. Every time we hand her over to my Oma, my Mum, my Dad, anyone but me or Ken she squeals and makes herself all upset and she gets the sniggers after she get handed back to me and settles down again. It’s like she knows it’s not me or Ken. But saying that she’s not like that with my SIL. She can do anything with her and Danielle laughs and loves a cuddle with her. All I can think of it’s because we see more of my SIL than everyone else. This morning she has woken up in the best mood. She woke up at 7am, had her full bottle and now she’s in her bouncer smiling and squealing and giggling. It’s so cute. I got some on video camera too. I try and get it so Ken can see it too. She’s a darling.

I’m off now. Deciding if I’m going to go out to see the Mother’s Group girls. We have a Monday with the clinic nurse who runs it and Thursdays for a general chit chat but it’s raining here and it’s cold and I’ve had a busy week I just want to stay home. I’d rather be over east where it’s nice and warm!! Have a great day everyone!!

bubs- grr to your mother in law, she sounds like a cow, i think she needs to relise what is coming out of her mouth, well done on the weight lose, i weigh about 85 on my scales my dad had digital scales so i am going to weigh myself when i am over there on sunday. i don't know where she got her info on weight lose, you are suppost to cut down on bread, pasta and rice.

Chantal- wow, zac is nice and healthy size, my DD is so small still, but it is nice.

I went and got Charlottes hand and feet sculpted today i get them back in 4 weeks i carn't wait to see what they turned out like, it is so hot here today and windy it would be nicer if there wasn't any wind, i might head out to the shops later to get some thing s for Charlotte as we need new wraps i am going to look for the muslin ones, also i need summer cloths i have nothing to wear.

Sorry - I'm so excited - I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I had to jump on now - I can get into my pre-pregnancy jeans!! I haven't worn them since December last year!! I can't believe it - it's actually working!! I'm so so so happy!!!!!!

Danielle's also being an angel today. She's had an hour sleep at 8.30, then a feed, back to bed at 11am for just over 2 hours, another feed and she went back to bed at 3pm without any crying at any time!! We've been playing in between feeding and sleeping. She's been so good today. Hopefully she's like this tonight and I can tell Ken she's been wonderful the whole day!!

Yes Kel - gggrrrr to my MIL. She can kiss my ass now that I've lost some weight and I can actually see it!!

kel- well done, you must be so proud of yourself,
    we went to the city today and then to chadstone, i got Charlotte some new wraps, i got them from target, as they were the only ones with them. So i will have to go to my local shopping centre to find some more, i aslo need new cloths so bad i have nothing to wear as everything is to big.

hey girls i thought ill let ya know well iv been on the jenny craig diet for 8 days now and i have lost 1.4kg im so wraped i dont even feel like im on a diet for dinner then i just had butter chicken and it tastes just like it would if i cooked it wow the only time i feel like i am on one is when my hubby wants takeaway and i can have it lol besides im loving it
    talk to ya all soon

baizar- that is great well done, i have looked into that but it cost too much money, B/F has helped me lose some weight.

I feel so BAD i was carryiing Charlotte around and was walking out of a door way when i herd a bang, she hit her poor head on the side of the wall, she didn't cry that much, but she went to sleep straight away (she was tired anyway) so i keep checking on her, i feel so BAD.
    Anyway we had a crap day yesterday Charlotte didn't really want to feed and she was screaming, mum was over and she went and got her some forumla, anyway she didn't really take that either, so i took her to my health centre and got her weighed to make sure she was getting enough. She has put on 260grams in 11 days, so she is getting enough, the health nurse said to strech her feeds to 3 hourly, this has made a big difference, she is feeding yay.
    so at 12 weeks she weighs 5090 yay she is over 5 kilos.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast