Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #5

Fee- where did you get the santa hat for cooper, i have been looking around to see if i can find one for Charlotte, but no luck. Tim's drinks were very boring, i didn't know anyone and Charlotte started to cry after a little while so we had to leave. With the scrapbooking i am going to start with a page for the scan pics so i just brought some plain paper, but havn't started yet.

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kmh View Post
    Fee- where did you get the santa hat for cooper, i have been looking around to see if i can find one for Charlotte, but no luck.
    I bought it from Kmart. It came with a Xmas tshirt. I didn't really need a shirt but I could not find baby sized Santa hats ANYWHERE! This way you can still pick your size (ie 00 or 0 etc).

Hey did I tell you girls that I took Cooper to sit on Santa's knee last weekend?! The photo is very cute.

Thanks fee- i will have to go to kmart, i also took Charlotte to get photos with Santa.
    I took the girls to see the Wiggles today, Madison loved them, it was alot of fun.

Fee Guest

What a night! Seems like Cooper now has the hang of rolling from back to tummy. I think he flipped over about 5 times! The first time Mark had gotten up to get a drink and happened to see Cooper on his tummy (asleep). I went in and turned him over. He didn't wake up. The next few times he woke us by banging against the side of the cot. I went in to check and he was on his tummy again with his legs through the side of the cot. One time our breathing sensor alarm even went off and I went racing in there! Obviously Cooper was no longer over the sensor pad. Every time I turned him back he stayed asleep thankfully.

And today he is constantly rolling in his cot. But he can't seem to go back ...

Here are some pics of him just before - he is meant to be having a nap!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN4795.jpg
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN4796.jpg
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN4797.jpg
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN4798.jpg

Every time I would flip him back to his back, he would flip back to his tummy again!!! I have now put him in his vibrating rocker for a nap because he was getting cranky and I was sick of going in. Hopefully he'll go to sleep now.

Otherwise he has been SO good today. I say that because the last couple of days have been shocking. For some reason he went downhill with his day sleeping. But today he is good again. Had 2 short naps this morning without a fuss. Although he's fussed about with this nap - it's nothing compared to yesterday!!!

Mark went out and bought a Cosi Bag sleeping bag today. Two reasons. One is that I think Cooper wakes early around 4-5am because he is cold. And he will not keep his blanket on!!! Two is that I hope the sleeping bag will stop him rolling so much. Or even if he does roll over, he won't get his legs stuck through the bars. We are going to try it out tonight.

Fraser Guest

oh Fee Cooper is so adorable!! what a little rotter - it must be hard not to pick him up and kiss him all over!

Hope the sleeping bag works for you!

Charlie is rolling over heaps too but thankfully so far not in bed at all - he stays where I put him - but I don't think it will be long before he starts moving around.

Cooper has always wriggled in bed though hasn't he? I remember pictures of him sideways with his legs out the side of the cot.

cute ticker pic too!

OMG what an afternoon, i was trying to put up the girls hand and foot prints and i brought the 3M hooks, so i put up Madisons and i turned around and it feel and hit the tiles, picked it up and the moulds have come off and one of her toes came off, I rang the lady who makes them and she will fix it for me. Go forward a few hours and i was holding Charlotte and trying to get Madison's dinner reading, I droped a contanior full of baby beets all of the kitchen, so i have baby beets and the pink juice all over the floor and up the cuboards and on the fridge and all over me. So not a good day.

Fee- those pics of Cooper are so cute, Madison hasn't rolled for a few days I hope the sleeping bag works, i used them with MAdison, havn't tried them with Charlotte has she is still wrapped.

Fraser- I love the pic of Charli, sooooo cute.

Mads- I have read about your drama's, I hope you get some more sleep soon, Charlotte has been a bit of a pain at night, she would not go down last night unless she was with me.

Oh Kel - I hope those baby beets didn't stain anything. Sounds like you had a crappa day. I'd be angry too if those bits fell off.

Mads - I hope things get better for you soon. Hang in there Chicky!! Danielle seems to be almost advanced at everything. She must take after her Mum - hehehehe!! I miss my little bubba. She's growing up too quick!!

Em - your new ticker is so cute!! Charlie looks adorable!! No wonder you can't stop kissing him!!

Fee - I find Danielle like that quite reguarly too and you always get that cheeky smile when you find them. The other night she woke us up at 2am being on her tummy playing with her arm hanging out the side. I rolled her back and put her dummy in and went back to bed. In the morning I found her back on her belly fast asleep again with her arm hanging out. I can't keep her still. She's doing to constant rolling and getting frustrated being on her tummy and wanting to be flipped back. I hope she re-learns to roll from tummy to back soon. This morning she did a 90 degree turn with legs hanging out. WRT discharge - it's a white pastey sometimes stringy discharge. Apparently it's an overactive gland which produces it. He said it's nothing to worry about unless it smells and you think you may have an infection. He did say that the pill should reduce it which it has but I still have it. He said if it's still there at my next PAP (May next year for me)to get it fully checked out then. I hope this helps.

Things were a bit hectic here yesterday. Oma called Mum with major runs (sorry!!) and Mum couldn't get away from work to get her anything so Mum called me. I got there and she told me when she called Mum she had cold sweats and shaking. They gave her all sorts of antibiotics when she was in hospital and it had seems to stuff her whole system up. She can't eat because nothing stays in and you can see she's loosing weight and looking withdrawn in her face. I spent most of the day with her yesterday and got nothing done around here. She was heaps better after I left but I felt guilty about not getting anything done around here. Luckily Ken understood. I just feel like I'm going to loose her soon. Whatever they gave her has made her really sick.

Danielle is really well. Her teeth aren't bothering her anymore thankfully. She's gone for a sleep so I can get some washing and cleaning done. House is a pigsty!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Fee Guest

Well the sleeping bag didn't stop Cooper rolling and it didn't stop him waking early!!!

At least he didn't roll all through the night like the night before. It was just as he was going to sleep he kept rolling all over the place. But once he fell asleep he was fine.

He slept until 4.00 am. I went in and straightened him up (he was all crooked and up the other end of the cot). I also tried turning on his Ocean Wonders Aquarium. But he stayed awake, grizzling on and off until 4.30 am. So I gave in and fed him then!

He looks cute in the sleeping bag though!

I think I jinxed myself the other day when I said he had been doing so well sleeping until 5.00 am for a few weeks now. Oh well.

I had to go to the dentist today for a filling and 2 wisdom teeth out. I was so scared as it was my first proper filling too! I've never had any needles in my mouth before.

Anyway, it was easy!!! Only took 30 minutes. I had about 8 needles in my mouth though. Honestly, it did not hurt one bit!!! The filling took the longest. He pulled my 2 wisdom teeth out in about 2 seconds.

Just hope I don't have much pain later on today. I feel fine at the moment.

Fraser You're right. It is hard to not kiss him all over! Every time he flipped onto his tummy and I went in to roll him back, he would look up at me and laugh and I gave him heaps of kisses and he just laughed even harder.

And yes, Cooper has always been a wriggler. Doing 180 degree turns in his cot etc.

Mads Oooh how annoying about DH undoing your hard work! I know what you mean about trying to set up good habits. And I understand you have nothing against the vibrating rocker. In fact the other day and yesterday were about the only times I've ever put Cooper to sleep in it!!!

I hope things improve soon with Freya's feeding.

kmh Oh no! What a bad afternoon you had. I hope you managed to clean up all that baby beet juice!

Bubseykel I'm so sorry to hear about your Oma. I hope she improves soon. Poor thing.

Went shopping today just with Charlotte which was really good, just got some scrapbooking things and put money on a layby. I am thinking of putting Madison into Childcare for half a day a week, she is driving me nuts always wants me to do things for and never Tim, and she just wont sleep through the day anymore so by 4pm she is tired.

Fee- You are so lucky i was up at 10pm, 1am, 4am, 6am and then 8am fot the day, I wish i could get some more sleep over night.

Bubs- I hope your oma improves, i miss my oma all the time I wish she was here to meet Charlotte, Charlottes middle name is after her.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

When are you all coming to melbourne so i can meet you all?

Fee Guest

Cooper was a good boy and slept until 5.00 am this morning. I fed him and then he slept until nearly 8.00 am.

I was struggling to get him to take a nap just before though. He kept rolling onto his tummy and then crying out! So frustrating, but so cute!

DH ended up taking Cooper onto our bed and now they're both fast asleep. I took a photo! Hehehe.

kmh Wow you get up a lot during the night. You are doing so well though!!! Charlotte is obviously a very hungry little girl!!!

I'd like to go to Melbourne next year but who knows if we'll be able to afford it. We did go in March this year. My mum is from Melbourne and all her family is down there. It was good to visit them when I had my pregnant belly! My Nana is coming up in a week for Christmas. I'm so excited and apparently she is VERY excited to meet her very first great-grandchild!!!

Hi girlies

This will probably be a quick one as Dylan sleeping but will probably wake soon.

We have had an ok week still got the settling issues and now he has started waking earlier in the night like 10.30 last night though I resettled and 11.30 the night before and that time I couldn't resettle so I fed him and he then slept til 7 which is pretty good. I am having trouble settling during the day and night. I have introduced a bottle of formula at the dinner feed so I am hoping this may help perhaps he is too hungry to settle. We are booked into Oconnell which is a family unit but not until the 29th of Jan and this is for a day stay and I have tried to call a couple of the private centres but they are hard to contact. I also bought Sleep Like a Baby by Pinky McKay and have been reading this and it is good so far though am only up to the newborn bits so will have to read quicker.

It is a hot one here in Melbourne today and all hazy from the fires. Tomorrow we are going to two picnics one for our nephews 9th birthday and the other is a tradtional yearly chrissy do with some friends of ours it will be nice for all the babies to be there and see each other.

KMH I am in Melbourne and it would be great if the other girls could come and visit.

Mads I am relived to find a new home for Lily but have felt quite a few pangs of regret and there has been quite a few tears this week oh well she is better we had not much time for her anymore and she was quite a needy thing. Yes I also hear you on the DH ruining your hard work issue, DH turns on the light to resettle Dylan aarrggghhh that really annoys me and he also shoves the dummy in whenever even when Dylan doesn't need it.

Fee Cooper is so cute and cheeky looking. Dylan is getting more mobile in his cot but not quite that mobile. The excercises for rolling are you lie them on their back and hold one leg down and take the other leg and do a rolling motion and I go one two three and on the third one I push him over onto his front and then he has to work out how to get his arm out and I do it both sides. Another one from Gymbaroo is put bubs on your bed at one end and do a rolly polly all the way to the other end and then swap sides so they roll clockwise and anti clockwise.

Bubs See above for rolling excercises. On the sleeping issue I have unwrapped Dyan as he is wanting his arms out and also it is getting a bit hot. I am introducing a bottle at night now so hoping this works on the settling issue. Basically I now have to rock him to drowsiness and then put him down otherwise he cries and cries. I used to be able to put him down awake and then go in to put the dummy back in and he would go to sleep but not anymore.

Fraser Grrr to DH's ruining routines.

Anyone heard from Baiza?

Byeeee

Cassie- i hear on the issue of sleep, Charlotte was like Dylan until i put her into her cot, and now most days she will go to sleep by herself, she is doing the same thing at night with what Dylan is doing, she will go to sleep fine, and then wake up 40 mins later wanting to play but she is still tired, i even resorted to going for a drive (naughty me i know) on friday night.

Fee- That would be great if you came to melb, Charlotte has cut back on her feeding during the day gone from 2 hours to 3-4 hourly only if she could do it during the night.

It was so hot here in melb today up to about 40degrees, th cool change is coming arcoss though, Charlotte has been good with it, just having trouble getting her to sleep, the swing is a life saver today.

hey girls
    how are you all ding sorry i havent been around very busy getting everything ready for xmas and trying to start my business some may remember i wanted to start life casting well i didnt have the passion for that time of work so we have desided to dp personalised candleswhich i love doing we havent started selling yet just in the stages of designing the candles and the rest of setting up are name and stuff
    well bailee is just wonderful he has learnt how tp roll over but hates it when he is on his belly so now he just turns on his side.... he loves to copy you like at the moment he is noding his head it so cute and funny ohoh he is also saying mmmuummm it not the mum as we mean it it the sound he can make and he says mum chloe did the same thing but mum wasnt here frist work it was dad coz she meant it when she said so im just wanting to see wat bailees first word will be
    anyways girls ill talk to ya all soon

Fee Guest

Not much to report here. Cooper had a good sleep last night. I woke at 3.00 am needing to blow my nose (stupid wisdom teeth extraction water I drink sometimes comes out my nose!). I peeked in at Cooper and he was on his tummy lying across the cot way up the other end. I left him and went back to bed. About 20 minutes later the damn sensor alarm went off so I raced in to find him in the same spot. No idea why it went off then. I decided to flip him to his back and put him facing the right way in his cot etc. Then he slept until 5.00 am. Fed him and popped him back in his cot for a further sleep until 7.00 am.

He hasn't been feeding for long today. I am starting to think that he's wanting to stretch his feeds out (to maybe 4 hourly) and also he's just getting even faster at feeding. I guess it's sorta obvious but I'm only really starting to get it!!! Doh! And I have been noticing that he often has only 2 naps a day but they are long ones.

Sorry I'll do some personals later gotta dash!

Fee- Cooper is such a good sleeper , i wish Charlotte was like that, I thought last night that i might try a roll over feed, i feed her at 10pm and she went back to sleep, she then woke up at 12:30, so i wont be doing that again, I will just leave her. Charlotte has been the same with her feeds too, she will now go between 3-4 hours, but i feed her more when it is hot about 2-3 hourly.

Biazar- great to hear from you, we were wondering were you got to, how are you all doing?

hey
    iv been busy trying to get my business up and going almost there im doing personalised candles we have put so much time into this and i just hope it takes off lol also iv been really down lately aswell my hubby is the only one work he brings home good money but there are times when he wont work and those time we always get behind in our bills and were still behind now so stressing out about that and getting everything ready for xmas aswell
    bailee is growing so fast its not funny he is talking alot these days this is the time i love the most lol
    chloe is 2.5 years old and she thinks she is the boss of everything she is a big playschool fan and wants to watch it all the time
    she makes me laugh coz i ask her wat dose she want for xmas and she tell me she wants birthday cake coz she has relized wat birthdays mean now
    so my mum is buying a birthday cake for xmas along with everything else you can possialby buy for a princess
    chloe says to me she isnt chloe so ii ask her wat is her name and she tells me she is princess chloe and when we are out she is just chloe so if you say to her hello priness chloe she says no mummy it chloe i say why arnt you priness chloe and she says only at home mummy
    so cute bailee just loves her he cant keep his eyes of her there going to have so much fun when he can gwt around loll
    well im off i better go to bed i didnt relise it was 230am lol talk to ya all soon

hi all
    well i have decided to start Charlotte on some farax tonight as she has been so restless at night waking every 2 1/2-3 hours for a feed and not settling very well, i spoke to my health nurse this morning and she said it would be a good idea, if it does not a difference i will take her off them until she is 6 months ( i really wanted to hold out until she reached the 6 month mark)
    I will let you know how she goes

Fee Guest

I went to shops this morning from 8-10 am. I was glad to get out of there! Poor Cooper got his thumb stuck in a gap on his pram harness. I think he was getting cranky to begin with though. His thumb seemed okay. I took him to a parents room to try and feed him as he was crying and crying so much. It was hard work getting him to feed. There was a baby in there who was also crying and whenever that baby screamed, Cooper would pull of my boob and scream and cry. His face was bright red and there were sooooo many tears!

Aaggh I'm exhausted. Oh yeah and the amount of people who touched Cooper today. Unbelievable!

kmh I once tried a rollover feed with Cooper and it never worked! And good luck with the Farex!

Baiza Sounds like you've been very busy. I hope your new business works out!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast