Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #5

Default Babies Born July 2006 #5

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Last edited by BellyBelly; December 27th, 2006 at 06:06 AM.

Your old thread can be found HERE You may have noticed that the baby details are missing at the start of the thread. This is so parents can post where-ever they feel comfortable without having their details in 1 thread and posting in another and often feeling like an outsider within both threads. We will be increasing signature lengths slightly soon so you can accomadate your babies birth details if you wish and can't already fit them it.

Hi guys
    Well I am proud as Punch, Charlotte rolled from her back to her tummy, she has been trying for so long and just as I walked into the room she rolled, Tim was in the Kitchen when she did this, but she showed her daddy how clearver she is.
    And Madison as given up her dummy. But her tantrums are yuck so if anyone is after a 2 year old girl they are welcome to her Ha Ha HA

Hope everyone is having a great day.
    Miss Charlotte is crying and wants her mummy to rock her to sleep.

Cassie- I am pretty sure there is a sleep school at the hospital at Kooweerup the phone number is: 03 5997 1202. Give them a call and if it is not there let me know and i will ask my health nurse.

Bubs- i would have another natural birth any day of the week over a c/s, it was so much better. Good Luck.

Kel - Charlotte is a clever cookie too!! They are all starting to roll. Danielle did it in front of my Mum and Dad when she stayed there on Sunday night. It makes everyone so happy. Thanks for the advice too.

Em - Danielle does the high pitched squeal now too. She was doing in the hospital yesterday with my Oma. I know what you mean about not letting them go - they are just so adorable at the moment - they smile, they laugh, they play - it's so fun!! End of 2007 isn't that far away either - one year away!! If it's like the last 2 for us I'll blink and I'll be pregnant!! But this time I'm going to have a few months off the pill first as I think this is what may have been the cause of my M/C. We'll see what happens.

Not much happening here. Oma was in good spirits yesterday. I put Danielle on the bed next to her and she was smiling at Oma and having a great time. I think Oma like it too. She was telling everyone that this is my first great grandchild. I'll go and see her again on Thursday as I know she's got visitors for the next 2 days but on Thursday she has none. Going to pick up some supplies for Ken today, going to Bunnings to buy some wetter soil and going shopping for food and vegies as we have NONE!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Fraser Guest

just a quick note

went to the clinic nurse today.

Charlie is 9.25 kilos and 69cm long..... he is outside the percentiles on both.....ohmigod....

fraser- wow Charlie is a big boy, Madison is high on the charts and charlotte is low they are so different.

Charlotte is now in her cot, she still is in our room though, its so much easeir over night i have her in the same room, We were at my BIl's last night and his DF is prgnant and they know what the sex is of the baby, they were not going to tell anyone but he let it slip, So its a girl, i have someone to pass my girls clothes onto now.

I went to DFO today and got same great bargins for Charlotte got her a pink tracksuit from esprit that was $40 a peice and then it was marked down to $10 a peice and some t-shirts from PP.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Fee Guest

We finally bought Cooper a car seat. We decided to buy a convertible car seat which is for newborn to 4 years. We could have bought this from the beginning instead of hiring a capsule. I do think the capsule was handy though but there is no way it will last Cooper until he is 6 months old. He is squished and hot in it. The car seat we bought is a Safe-n-Sound "Royale" and we should be picking it up today and having it fitted this afternoon.

Cooper has been sleeping well at night too. Going to bed without a peep and sleeping until about 5.00 am. I hope this continues.

He has rolled from back to tummy a second time but once again when I wasn't there! He was meant to be going to sleep in his cot. I went in as he was grizzling and he had managed to flip onto his tummy and was stuck with one arm underneath his body and his feet through the bars.

kmh Yay for Charlotte rolling! Has she done it a lot more since?

Bubseykel I'm not sure about having a second baby. I'm still traumatised by the first birth. I don't know if I could do it again. I'm still having issues with DTD. See my post in the "Body After Birth" forum. I think I'm going to see my OB soon to be re-cut and re-stitched.

Fraser I was thinking the other day that Charlie must be outside the percentiles! Go Charlie!!!

Charlotte had a restless night last night, Woke up 3 times for a feed, but today she has put her self to sleep both times Yay, and now that Charlotte is in a cot madison goes up to her and talks to her while i am trying to get her to sleep.

Fee- you poor thing, i would go back to your ob and ask him what can be done, good luck with it all, no wonder it has put you off having more children. Charlotte has not rolled since, she did it heaps when she first did it.

Well when Charlotte wakes up i am off to target to put some money onto layby's and then off to the scrapbooking shop as they are having a sale and i am going to start an album for Charlotte soon.

Em - Charlie is a big boy!! You must have really good breastmilk - lucky ducky!!

Kel - that's so cute with Maddison and Charlotte. I hope my kids are just as cute as that.

Oh Fee - I'm so sorry. I didn't realise it was so bad. You must think I'm a real cow! I hope someone can give you some advice before you decide to go back to get it redone. Good to hear you decided on a car seat. I think you did the right thing with the reversable seat. I have written a little story in Tanya's post about car seats of what happened to us last weekend. Good boy Cooper for sleeping through for Mummy!!

Well I have some news too - Danielle has 2 teeth coming through and I didn't even know!! Ken reckons he felt them a few days ago but I don't remember telling me (I was probably doing something and not listening). I was at the hospital yesterday with Oma and I put my finger in her mouth as she was getting hungry and I was waiting for the nurse to go and I felt something sharp so I looked in her mouth and there are 2 little teeth at the bottom of her mouth! She hasn't been grizzly or grumpy or anything. She's such a little trooper!! I didn't get teeth until I was 13 months old! She's rolling from back to tummy like she's a pro now. It's like I'm bored on my back and flips over. She does it infront of everyone like she doesn't care. She did it at monther's group yesterday where most of the other babies aren't rolling and I was so proud of her showing everyone.

I'm going to an OB today to arrange my pelvic tests after what happened with Danielle during her birth. I've been told by another lady that I'm up for a CT scan of my pelvis. This way they will be able to tell me if it's me or if Danielle was presenting wrong. I've also got a yucky discharge which I had during my pregnancy that has never gone away! My normal doc told me it's nothing and it will go away but it's getting to the point where I can't stand it anymore so hopefully he can sort that out for me too. But to tell you guys the truth - I'M SO SCARED!!

Hi girls

Woohoo I have managed to find a new home for my cat Lily yay. It is an older couple who live over the other side of the city and they did have a cat who died recently aged 15 and so they want a 'mature' cat like my Lily. They are retired and have lots of time for her. I am so relieved as things were pretty ugly around here with her and our other cat they were fighting lots which they never used to do before. I am so happy. Also Dylan rolled from back to front and then front to back straight after I am so proud. My friend who has a 6 month old was told some excercises to do to encourage it and so I did them this arvo and he did it yay for Dylan. Now to get him to settle himself to sleep better. I spoke to a nurse at Queen Elizabeth centre and she gave me some advice and said to organise a day stay if it doesn't work. She advised me to stop wrapping him which I started last night. And lots of other things. Oh and she also said that most babies won't sleep through until they are eating 3 full meals of solids a day, so who knows? Some babies do without that.

Bubs I can't believe Danielle has teeth wow. I think Dylan's will be soon as he has red cheeks and likes to bite down on everything. Good luck with your OB appointment.

Fee I have a safensound convertible car seat too they are very good.

KMH Yay for Charlotte rolling. And yay for Madison giving up the dummy.

Fraser Charlie is a big boy he must be heavy for you. Dylan was 6kg at his last weigh in. He is a lean bean like his skinny dad, I am still 4 kg heavier than my DH and he is 5 inches taller than me.

Anyway hope all babies are sleeping and all mummies are good.

Cassie- that is such good news about Lily, What othe advice did the nurse give you on sleeping. I moved charlotte into her cot last week and it has made such a huge difference, she now will put her self to sleep . Why did she tell you to stop wrapping?

Bubs- Danielle sounds like Madison, i never knew her teeth were coming trough until they were there. How did you go with your ob? I had a CT after having Madison to see if i needed another c/s.

Well Charlotte is now putting her self to sleep I moved her into her cot last week and she sleeps better now. She still wants her mummy over night though, i would love to get her out of these but i don't know how to.
    I have a cold at the moment, for all the weather changes. I am going to put up our christmas tree when Tim gets home.
    i hope everyone has had a great weekend

Fraser Guest

Hi guys,

God! does anyone have a problem getting their bubs back into a routine on Monday after your DH has spent the weekend messing it up?? Charlie ALWAYS goes for a sleep at 8am - sometimes he grizzles a bit first - but DH got him back up both mornings, once because I was having a sleep in and he didn't want to disturb me - so I couldn't ask him not to - but now the little rotter is screaming his head off and not wanting to go to sleep. I don't want Simon to think I am the parent and he is just some person that hangs around us - I want him to work stuff out for himself and not have me telling him what to do all the time - but he's not here on the Monday morning when it continues to go pear shaped - not sure what to do about that.

We went to my work christmas dinner on Saturday night - left Charlie with my aunt - of course he wouldn't go to sleep - he finally nodded off at 6.45pm and we had to be there at 7pm - but I was organised had already done my hair and face, had my clothes lying out on the bed and we raced and got there at about quarter past - we stayed out until 11pm.... who hoo!!!! late night man! He was fine didn't wake up or anything whilst we weren't here - I was very nervous but once we were out I didn't think about him too much - tell you what it was weird being at a work function though - I felt strangely left out! I normally organise social functions and now an Admin clerk did it and it felt weird - I was a bit jealous.

Charlie has started to roll over on his own now! left the room for a second on Friday to grab something came back and he was on his tummy facing the tele watching Bob the Builder - so funny! He looked very proud of himself.

Cassie - yaay for the home for Lily and yaay for Dylan - what a clever boy! I hope he slept better last night

Fee - How does Cooper like his car seat?

Bubs - Don't be scared - how did things go - did you get it sorted out? teeth :eek: ohmigod!!! Is Danielle the oldest bub amongst us? is she teething early..... I don't want Charlie to get teeth - especially since he isn't showing any signs of weaning yet.......

Kel - Charlie slept heaps better too once we put him into the cot - I think I was holding him back with my emotional inability to let him grow up!!! how are you feeling today hun?

ooh ooh he's stopped crying - I am going to run as fast as the wind and have a shower before he wakes up again.......

Em!

Hiya everyone!!

I've just checked on Danielle and she has rolled onto her tummy and has started to fall asleep - so cute!!

Em - I think Danielle is pretty much the eldest of the group. Trish's 2 boys and Tanya's boy are older but never seem to be here so I guess she is. They say they should get their first tooth between 4 -7 months and Danielle's almost 5 so that's pretty normal. I didn't get mine until I was 13 months old and Ken was about 6 months old so she's earlier than both of us. Mum said she's doing everything earlier than any other baby she can think of. She reckons she'll be walking early too. OMG - not walking!!! I'll need to tie her up like the dog - she's a wriggle pot now!! I can't keep her still - continuously rolling and pushing off everything!! Christmas parties are fun just to get out with just the 2 of you. I had so much fun last weekend but I was happy to see Danielle again when we got back.

Kel - yay for Charlotte during the day!! Bit of a bummer she won't do it at night. I was mean with Danielle and letting her cry herself to sleep when she was young and now we have no problems what so ever. I feel horrible to start with but now I'm so grateful that I did it. I think that's why we had her in her own room to start with. We sound like horrible parents!!

Cassie - yay for Lily and yay for Dylan. I haven't got Danielle to roll from her tummy to her back anymore. I so wish I could teach her - I'm sick of her crying when she rolls onto her tummy and gets stuck. It happens all day long. Can you let us in on your secret?? I was lucky that Danielle slept through from 10 weeks old but I put that down to formula but it is true about the 3 meals as it takes longer for them to digest. The only thing I can think about not wrapping them would be a safely issue as they say not to wrap them when they start to roll. I'm glad I don't as I find Danielle in the morning quite frequently on her tummy. Give it a go and if it doesn't work go and see them for sure.

I'm so excited about Christmas and it's ages away still!! My OB's appointment went really well and he said I SHOULDN'T NEED A CAESAR NEXT TIME!!! WHOOO HOOOO!! He reckons because I got her head out fine 9/10 times it's the baby coming down wrong. He thinks from all the bruising on her arm that she had her hand near her face and when her head came out her arm doubled over and that's why I couldn't get her shoulders out as she was wider than normal shoulders. He said he was quite happy to see me with our next pregnancy as I will be classed as high risk and need to be monitored more closely because what happened with Danielle and seeing she was quite big. He said that an elective episiotimy (sp??) would be benificial but 2 OB's would confer about the size and position of the baby before doing a caesar. He did say it must of been scarey for them to say not to come back and that I don't have too much memory of what happened during the mad panic of her shoulder's being stuck but he's happy for me to go back there under him. I feel so better now.

Ken bought me an awesome dress from a flashy shop on the weekend for me for Christmas! I can't wait to wear it! He spoils me!! He didn't get home until 12.30am on Friday night. He went for dinner an drinks with a supplier from work and wanted to leave about 10.30 but Robbie Williams finished at the same time and couldn't get a taxi for over an hour. I told him that I'd go and pick him up and chuck Danielle in the car but he told me to stay home and have a few drinks and watch Gilmore Girls so I did. I reckon he wishes he didn't. Last night we went to a 50th so we didn't get back home til late so our eyes are hanging out of our heads. And I feel all out of wack with daylight savings kicking in on Saturday night. I hope I get used to it soon. I'm so sleepy.

Must go - my house looks like a bomb's hit it. Building a patio out the back so we've done nothing inside all weekend except drag dirt all through it. Hope everyone had a good weekend!!

hello to all,

I am so tired today and it's not fair i really would like a sleep, but it is hard when you have two, and they sleep at different times of the day and plus Madison wont sleep today, as we have to go out soon, but i may just put her down when we get home. Had a very quite day yesterday, expect for going up to my mums for dinner, and had my brothers birthday on sat.

Bubs- I think Charlotte is doing things early too, like rolling from her back to her tummy, madison never did this until she was nearly 6 months old. How is Danielle going with her solids? Did she go to sleep on her tummy, as soon as Madison could roll proberly she slept on her tummy. That is so good that you will not have to have a C/S next time, even if you have to have an episiotimy next time, its so as bad as a C/S.

Em- Yay for your night out, I bet you had a great time, Charlotte wont let me out of her sight still, she will still cry if she can see me and someone else is holding her, she is such a mummy's girl. With your DH just tell him that Charli may still cry a little before he goes to sleep but he does this when you are at home and he still goes to sleep. Good Luck.

Poor Charlotte has a yucky nose, and has been so tired today, slept for 2 hours this morning and then feel asleep on my bed just before, she is awake now becuase of Madison going into see her, but i am going out now. We are off to Tim's christmas work drinks tonight.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Kel - have you been back to your doc for your results about being tired? It's not nice being so tired. I feel like my eyes are hanging out of my head. I think it's because of daylight savings coming in and we had a busy weekend being late to bed 3 nights in a row. Danielle's solids were going really well but she was having hard poos (sorry!!). I had to back it right off and start fresh again. I found that the sweet potato and the rice cereal were clogging her up. Now she has been having pears for breakfast and for either lunch or dinner spinach and carrot or spinach and potato. She absolutely loves her food. I've had to back off how much she's having too but I can see she wants to eat more. Now she's on her new 'menu' she's heaps better in the poo department.

Hiya Mads - good to hear from you!!

Not much to report here. Staying home again today as I'm so so so tired. I'll keep cleaning the house a bit and maybe go for a sleep when Danielle goes. She's being a little bit of a handful with her teeth (especially last Friday - I was ready to scream - luckily Panadol and teething gel helped). Nothing we do seems to be right. Hopefully today she's a bit better. Have a great day.

bubs- i am just tired, i think after 2 children to deal with all day and Charlotte still waking up twice over night, it just got to me, i had a sleep this morning, as Tim is home today.IT was so nice i could of been in bed all day.

Fee Guest

Well Cooper seems to be sleeping until 5.00 am every morning now... Fingers crossed he has got the hang of it. He's been sleeping through on and off since he was 9 weeks old! The other morning he slept until 6.00 am.

He's been weird with his feeds though. Suddenly he's fussing around with the second feed of the day. If he wakes at 5.00 am, I feed him and put him straight back to bed. Then he only sleeps an hour or hour and a half. So it's way too early for another feed. So I play with him etc and when 3 hours between feeds is up I will try to feed him but he will carry on. I try again every 20 minutes or so with no luck. He gets grizzly and sometimes tired but won't nap. Then finally he might feed again 4.5 hours later and of course promptly falls asleep during the feed. Aaagghhhh! It's driving me crazy.

Today I'm trying to be better and go with the flow more. Not worry about sleep/feed/play etc. He's not going down for his naps real easy though - grizzling on and off but not enough for me to go in... hmmm maybe he's not tired?! Oh dear, some days I just feel like I have NO CLUE!!! I feel stupid that I can't read his hunger signs etc. Oh well...

I'm wondering if maybe he's wanting to stretch out from 3 hourly feeds to 4 hourly feeds. Who knows.

kmh Did you find some nice scrap booking items for Charlotte's album? I've been thinking about giving scrap booking a go.

How did Tim's work drinks go last night?

Bubseykel I don't think you're a cow!!!

Yay for the teeth that's so exciting! Danielle sounds wonderful! Such a clever girl and a good girl too! Lucky you.

Can I ask what this discharge is like? What did your OB say? I've had a weird discharge since the birth. Some days it's there and other days it's not. I sort of figured it might be normal though? It's not smelly or anything!

Cassie So glad you found a home for your cat. That's great news.

So what are these exercises to help with rolling? Can you explain them? Cooper still hasn't rolled again only twice from tummy to back and twice from back to tummy (while in his cot). In fact I can see him in there now lying on his side. It's just his arm and head which gets in the way! He can get his legs all the way over.

Fraser Cooper seems to LOVE his new car seat. He falls asleep in it very easily!

Mads Hey there! Did you go away somewhere exciting?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast