Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #5

Fraser Guest

Mads - I hope you have a better day today - is it still super hot where you are? when we had two hot days in a row that really unsettled Charlie - in fact he went back to 10.30pm feeds as well as the 2.30am ones - and he's still doing it - perhaps Freya is having a growth spurt! I'm sure you've thought of all of that - it doesn't really help does it - you just want your sleep back!

Fee - poor Cooper! poor you!! I took Mum with me when we went and did all the christmas shopping etc - it was great, because if I got stuck in a queue she just took Charlie outside and rocked him in the pram - he was pretty good until he decided he had had enough of being in the pram and then everyone knew about it - but he stopped screaming long enough to smile at the checkout lady in one shop and then started up again!!

Kelly - the rollover feed didn't work for us either - in fact I think it just made him more hungry! What I do sometimes is at the last feed he will fall asleep after one side - I pop him onto the other side whilst he's asleep and that sometimes means we can get through to 4am - let us know how the farax goes - because I am considering it for Charlie too

Baiza - I hate money!! I wish I didn't have to go back to work - a home business sounds like a great way to go about things - good luck with it. LOL about Chloe and the cake

Cassie - good luck with the sleeping clinic - end of January isn't really that far away, is it still super hot where you are?

we're plodding along ok, Simon's grandfather died on Wednesday morning - so we have to go to the funeral on Friday - I had a lunch booked with some girls from work - is it wrong to be disappointed about not going to that..... probably

Charlie has finally found his feet and now he wont let them go - he loves to lie there just hanging onto his feet - makes changing nappies pretty easy! I'm sorry to hear about every ones settling problems - we seem to have gone the other way - at night now I pop him into bed awake and he just drifts off, no crying - it is weird - I thought there must be something wrong with him - he never does that - but he does it all the time now! sh*t touch wood touch wood

I am struggling to cut his nails though - they are so sharp and when I cut them they get sharper - I've tried to file them but I just seem to file them to a point - he loves to hold my face in his hands at the moment and go 'aaaaahhhhhhh' while popping a slobbery open mouth on my cheek - it's nice but really scary because you know at any second without warning he's going to dig those nails in and pinch really hard! :surprised:

anyway must go - the hot water cylinder keeps turning itself off at the mains switch - really really annoying - I have to go and check it before I end up having a cold shower.....again.....

have a good day!

Em
    Last edited by Fraser; December 14th, 2006 at 07:15 AM.

Hi all, I am having trouble feeding Charlotte today she just wont feed, had a good feed at 4am and then has not seem inteseted in boob since grrrr, i have tried her heaps and she will suck for a few secs and then hop off and chat. I didn't try the farex last night as we got home too late from shopping i don't know if i should try it tonight as she slept better last night, Miht give my MCHN a call to find out why she is feeding like this, plus she has been chucking heaps too (not like her to) and its hot today.
    Anyway personals later

Hi girls

We went shopping with the in laws today to buy Dylan's chrissy present from them and he got spoiled, he is getting a highchair, an aqua duck which is a play mat that you blow up and fill with water and they can push the water around and there is sea creatures in it which float around it will be good for tummy time and to put on the high chair tray when he is in there and bored! Plus the sunshade for his pram which I couldn't get for the whole time he has been born. Very lucky boy. I am going to also get him a bath seat and some bath toys and a block trolley from Santa plus I also bought him the piano mat that Helena has for Caelan. Spoilt but I love buying him things. My DH's band has a video clip on youtube which is their first one . Note my husband made the video clip I am so proud of him he has had no training in video clip production or any thing like that and is in fact an auto electrician by trade.

kmh sorry about your settling/sleeping/feeding issues with charlotte I hope the farex works for you. is she on formula or breastfed? I have added a bottle of formula for Dylan at dinnertime about 6 or 7 and he sculls the whole lot usually which is 210 mls and it is helping a bit with his settling issues and with his pooing issues too. Although I am rocking him til he is drowsy and then pop him in his cot but it takes 15- 30 mins now instead of 2 hours. and less tears from everyone.

Fraser You are right January isn't that far off and we are surviving at the moment I hope they can teach me how to settle him without the rocking him although it is quite nice and I am sure he loves it being cuddled to sleep by his mummy. Dlan is also doing those open mouthed kisses to me but he doesn't say anything and I love it. In amongst his baby babble I can make out parts of words and he was saying his vowels the other day like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooo sooo cute and today he was doing mu mu mu and I was like mama to him but he would just say rrrrrr. He is also imitating us eating really cute.

Mads Sorry Freya has gone downhill for you it is very frustrating when you are falling asleep and keep getting woken up. I hear you on the AF front too I have had it twice though my cycles are not back to normal yet.

Fee Poor Cooper's thumb I hope he is ok. I bet he was cranky after all that touching he would have been very overstimulated.

Off to bed now hope bubbies are sleeping and mummys are going to be sleeping soon.
    Last edited by christy; December 17th, 2006 at 04:18 PM.

Fraser Guest

hey Cassie just a quick one - your husbands video is awesome!!! his band has a bit of a motorhead feel about it (I hope that's not insulting!), which one is he again?

Clever DH!

Cassie=- wow your DH is cleaver, tell him i said well done, very cool
    I hope things work well with Dylan ans the sleep centre i have been down that path with MAdison.

Charlotte is feeding better today cassie she is b/f, i think she had an upset tummy yesterday, i hav not started her on solids yet she seems to be sleeping a bit better so i will leave it for after the new year.

Hi girls

kmh Thanks for that I will tell DH yoou said so, I think so too. Good isea for the solids for Charlotte I am waiting til 07 too.

Em I agree with the Motorhead similarities too and my hubby would be proud that you said that as he loves motorhead. He is the guitarist the only one in the band with long hair! I think you see his face maybe once, LOL I think he did that on purpose.

Had an ok night last night Dylan went down ok and woke about 2.30 for his feed but wouldn't settle again which was a trifle annoying as I was so tired. Today we have been grocery shopping and he missed his arvo nap so after his bottle and pjs and story I have put him straight to bed and he went down with only about 5 mins of rocking which is amazing though I think I can now hear him stirring must be at the end of a sleep cycle.

Here is a photo of my little christmas angel I received the professional photos I had taken of bubs today and they are just beautiful and I also got the disc so I am sure I can post this one. I have to now decide which ones to give to whom for chrissy. All our family except the kids have said no pressies so we are giving photos and choccies.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...masDylan-1.jpg

Bye girls
    Last edited by Cassie; December 17th, 2006 at 09:01 PM.

Cassie - i just wanted to tell you that Dylan is so cute where did you get those pics done?

Fee Guest

Cooper had a good sleep last night. 6.00 pm to 6.00 am! Yay! That's better than 5.00 am. Although I guess I shouldn't even complain about 5.00 am. It's still sleeping through.

My Nana (mum's mum) is up from Melbourne. She wanted to come up to meet Cooper her first great-grandchild. Mum and Nana visited yesterday and it was lovely.

I can't remember if I showed you the photo of Cooper sitting on Santa's lap? Maybe? I can't remember! Sorry if I did... here's the link
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...s2006small.jpg

Oh and he's doing this weird thing when he's on his tummy. He gets his feet right up underneath himself!
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN4838.jpg

Oh and one more pic... stuck in the cot bars!
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN4795.jpg

Mads Oh no about AF. What a bugger. How was Freya last night?

Fraser I'm sorry to hear about Simon's grandfather. I hope you're all coping okay. Thinking of you.

Cassie I saw that Aqua Duck water play mat in Target the other day and thought it looked very cool!

Love the pic of Dylan. Gosh how adorable!

Wow at your hubby's video clip. Very impressive! I'm going to show the clip to my DH.

kmh How's Charlotte's feeding going?

fee- those pics are just beautiful. Charlotte is still feeding the same she will have a good feed and then one where she wants to play over night she will feed really well, still waking 2-3 times over night, i have held back on the farex, will try and hold out until she is 6 months of age.

I got Charlotte weighed yesterdat as she has not been feeding right, she now weighs in al :6230 and is 61 cms long, she is still very small, i get weighed at 6 months next.

i took this pic of me and the girls the other day, i love it http://102_0093

Hi girls

DH has got friends over who wanted to meet Dylan am I being rude hiding down here??? Oh well I will go back up soon. Dylan is in bed yay. We had a horror day yesterday and the night before. Dylan went to bed ok on Friday night but then at his middle of the night feed he would not resettle and it was taking over an hour so DH suggested bringing him into bed with us and I snapped "no' back to him as I was tired and frsutrated but then I did anyway and it worked as Dylan went to sleep. Then in the morning and all day yesterday he cried and cried and wouldn't play and didn't want to be put down on the floor or in the rocker or the pram and he just wanted to be held and even then he cried and he only had one 15 minute nap in the morning it was very frustrating and at one point I put him in the cot and closed the door and left him to cry for a while then I felt terrible and thought he may be teething or have a headache or anything and I felt terrible so I got him up and gave him panadol and a feed and that made him happy for about 5 minutes. So yesterday was a right off. Last night though he went to sleep quickly and had to be resttled a couple of times and then he went back to sleep after his middle of the night feed and then after his 7 oclock feed I brought him into bed with us and we all slept til 10 which was amazing I was rapt. So not sure about yesterday no teeth have popped through but today he has been much better he is on to his second nap and has had play time and holds from our visitors. Yay!

KMH That photo of you guys didn't work for me, sniff. Yes the photo of Dylan is gorgeous it was done at GFP Studios at Adamco Business Park, Unit A1/2A Westall Road, Clayton, VIC. They did a great job though a little pricey for me anyway but we are using them for presents which makes it easier. He is having more done at a different studio in January but those are free which was a gift from my work.

Fee Yeah I love the aqua duck and will be getting it out for him on Christmas Day they can play with it on the floor on their tummy or on the high chair which is ace. I want to play with it myself in fact I was in Baby Bunting my in laws must have thought I was mad. I love the photo of Dylan too. I will tell my hubby you said so about his clip. I love those photos of Cooper too, it looks as though he may be crawling soon in the second one or sitting? I thought about getting a Santa photo of Dylan but will wait til next year the one I have with the hat on is good enough for me.

Anyway no more news byeee.
    Last edited by christy; December 17th, 2006 at 04:16 PM.

Hi girls, I'm just popping in to let you know that photos in posts & links to business sites are not allowed. We have edited them out, if you have any questions please read the forum guidelines & if you still have questions please email me. [email protected]

Thanks

Fraser Guest

oh my god - why oh why oh why did I say Charlie was sleeping fine - why did I do that - I have now been punished for gloating.

for the last couple of nights Charlie has woken for feeds at 9pm, 12am, 3am and 5am - I am so exhausted - I think it might be a growth spurt because his feet don't fit in his gro suits again.

Simon weighed him last night and we think he might be 10kg - not sure.

so tired my eyes hurt - I'm back off to bed!

Fee Guest

Cooper did not sleep until 6.00 am yesterday morning not even his usual 5.00 am. It was 4.30 am. That was just the start to a grizzly day! He would NOT sleep. He had a bit of a nap early on, maybe around 7.00 am and woke at 8.00 am. I gave him a feed and I ended up giving him another feed at 10.00 am because he would not settle and sleep. Even the feed did not put him to sleep. We then had to go to a friend's house for a Christmas lunch. He was pretty grizzly. Obviously tired!!! We set up the portacot and had to rock him in our arms to sleep. By this time it was 1.00 pm!!! He had been awake for 5 hours. Anyway he slept for 1.5 hours which was good. Enough for me to eat my lunch and have dessert etc.

Anyway Cooper was 5 months yesterday. And he has remembered how to roll from tummy to back! He didn't do it exactly like he used to 2 months ago. He really twists his bottom half around. So funny. He actually fell asleep like that today. So cute. Also today, for the first time, he protested and cracked a tanty when we took a toy away from him! We had to laugh. And for the last few days he has been really great at tummy time and finally lifting his whole chest off the ground so he's not resting on his forearms.

It's all happening. No wonder he's grizzling. He seems to be going through a developmental stage.

Today he woke around 4.00 am but I turned on his mobile and he kept it together until around 4.30 am. I fed him then. Once again it has been a struggle to get him to nap (he's asleep now). I am having to pat his bum to sleep. What is the deal with that?!?! I don't want that to become a habit. His day sleeps have just become terrible lately.

kmh Can you post that photo link again? It didn't work. I'd love to see it.

Cassie Oh what a bad day for you. I've been having similar days with Cooper. I think they must be going through something around this age. They are learning a lot! I hope Dylan is good for you today.

Fraser I think I've been punished about Cooper's sleeping too. I was so excited he slept until 6.00 am and then I've been glad he seemed to be sleeping until 5.00 am regularly. But the last 2 mornings it's been 4.00 am or 4.30 am. Okay, at least it's not every few hours but still boo hoo. Wow with Charlie. He must be having a growth spurt. That's a lot of feeds!!!

Well Charlotte has been sick today had a temp of 39.4 this morning and the doctor does not know what is wrong, She hasn't had a temp since but has had not many wet nappies and is not her self we are testing for a uti. We go back tomorrow morning. She also had some type of rash but thats gone now and she is a bit more sleepy today, I really wish they would not get sick.

Fee- can you tell me how to put photo links up, i have tried and i have no idea

i also got Charlotte weighed last friday and she now weighs in at 6.230 and is 61 cms long,s till so tiny she still fits into all her 000 clothes and 00 jumpsuits, its great
    Last edited by kmh; December 18th, 2006 at 07:17 PM.

Well i am very tired today Charlotte was up every 1-2 hours last night, not settled and this morning at 5:30 and at 7am she was screaming, poor bubby, we are off to the docs soon so hopefully they can get to the bottom of it, and her temp is down for the moment, also she has had not many wet nappies, they think she might have a UTI

Fraser Guest

Hey Kelly - I hope everything is ok with Charlotte - poor little bunny - fingers crossed they can help her with something so you can get some sleep tonight

Charlotte has tonsilitls, and i am waiting for some test results in regarding her blader as something came back a bit high, so hopefully i will hear about that tonight or tomorrow morning. But my doctor does not seem to think it will be anything at they know why she had such a high temp yesterday, otherwise it might be a twist r a kink in her blader and we would need more tests done

Fee Guest

Cooper's check up went well. His latest stats are:

Weight: 8.03 kgs (8030 g) (17.7 lbs) - 75th percentile
    Length: 67 cm - 75th percentile
    Head: 43.5 cm - 50th percentile

The MCHN said Cooper is exceeding all his milestones so well. She said he seems very strong and alert. She explained his crying and funny moods as him just becoming aware of strangers. I have noticed lately that he will cry when I leave the room. She gave me an information brochure for 6-9 months and it has a bit about babies this age being wary of strangers and also crying when the mother is out of sight even for a short period.

Cooper cried at the MCHN when she tried to measure him. He screamed the place down. Afterwards when he was sitting on my lap, he was smiling and blowing raspberries at her!!!

Also, I have been practising sitting Cooper up. Today he sat on his own on the floor for about 10 seconds or so! Enough time for me to take a photo.

kmh Do you have a Photobucket account? I just upload photos to that and then post the URL link.

Poor Charlotte. I hope she'll be okay. Poor little bub. I hope her temp has gone down.

Mads Sounds like Freya is such a happy and fun baby! I hope you all have a nice time away and have a wonderful Christmas.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast