Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #6

well Corban has decided he has no reason to use the word "dada" any more. Has not said it in a while and has been very content like that. Oh well.

Fraser Guest

he's probably disappointed you made him go for the losing superbowl team....

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    he's probably disappointed you made him go for the losing superbowl team....
    them are just about fighting words!!!

Heidi has wondered if the reason the bears got into the superbowl is because we had a son so she is thinking we need to try an have a boy a year now to get the bears in the superbowl every year..lol
    Last edited by Dustmite; February 11th, 2007 at 12:06 PM. Reason: added more flowy words

I just have to say the Charlotte slept through the night again, yay, she slept from 9pm till 8:15 this morning, I am still having trouble getting her to sleep at night, she is still being rocked to sleep and is being wrapped, but we will sort those things out at sleep school this week, oh i love bed time now.

carlys Guest

Hi All!!

Well, Georgias two bottom teeth are well and trully out... dont know if I need to start brushing them yet..the nurse said just a wet face washer over them morning and night for the moment, but everything else i have read says to brush them..? any thoughts on this?

Georgia is starting to get back into some form of night time routine again, although im haveing trouble getting her to self settle again... I used to be able to put her in her cot sleepy, but no asleep and she would just nod off, but now that she is moving around so much, she refuses..so i am back to rocking her to sleep again... oh well... looks like a few more cc sessions

Fraser - hope you are feeling more rested, and your little one is better .. you know the old story, when it rains it pours! (everything happens at once...sickness, tiredness etc)

Dustmite - Dont worry Corban will crawl when he is ready.. Georgia is trying very hard to get up on her knees...manages to get up, and rock a few times, then her legsslide down again, and she cries with frustration !! poor little sods, it must be so hard for them... oh, and Georgia had not said Dada yet... Id be happy to hear it once! Maybe in the coming weeks!

Cee Cee - how did you go with the stewed citrus fruit? I didnt think I could give Georgie Citrus yet.. if you went okay with it I might give it a go! Im running out of things to try!

Kelly - Well done for Charlotte sleeping thru! you lucky thing! Good luck with sleep school... I cant wait to hear any hot tips you might learn!

Well, Georgia has just gone down for her morning nap (8:30am)..so its time for a shower..then Im off to have a fitting for my NEWEST wedding dress!! (Third time lucky!!) Boo Hoo

Hi to anyone I have missed!!

Carls xoxooxxx

Cars- i am not going to sleep school anymore, there was no point in me and Charlotte going when now she is sleeping 12 hours a night YAY, around 8pm till 8am, and is sleeping 2 lots of 1 1/2-2 blocks and maybe a 30 mins sleep too. I carn't belive how well she is sleeping, I feel so much better.

Fraser Guest

Yaay for Charlotte Kel!! that's super!! can you get her to have a chat to Charlie about how and why she started doing that?

Oh Carly! two bottom teeth and you are trying to get ready for a wedding - you must be wonder woman!!! let us know how the wedding dress fitting goes - - I am sure it will be perfect!

Weeellllll Charlie's sleep is still a bit disturbed - but he is feeling better, which is good and you can see his teeth when he smiles now!

Who has started giving their Bubs some meat? my mum seems to think Charlie is still hungry and that's why he's waking at night alot so she thinks I should start a little bit of meat in his meals - whaddayathink? anyone else done that yet? (Fee - check your notes... )

I had a four hour block of sleep last night so am feeling strangely refreshed - how is everyone else going (no need to brag here Kelly!)?

Em- lol, Charlotte is driving me nuts today with her sleeps, she wont sleep, grrrrrrrr. I will try and get Charlotte to send vibes to Charli and tell him to sleep.

I hpe that you are all getting some more sleep soon, I don't know what happened but something just clicked with her and now she is the best sleeper over night.
    However my boobs don't like it, and i have gone back to wearing bra's back to bed, and wearing breast pads too.

Fee Guest

We had a very nice weekend away at Kingscliff. Cooper was pretty good sleeping in his portacot. The first night we put him to bed a little later due to the fact that he just woke up from a nap at 4.30 pm. Plus it's daylight savings down there so it was light later. I think he went to bed closer to 7.00 pm (instead of his usual 6.00 pm). He ended up sleeping until 5.00 am like he always used to. None of this 4.00 am stuff!!! He did wake when we went to bed around 10.00 pm but we managed to pat him back to sleep. The door to our room was soooooo noisy. The second night he went to bed at his usual time and woke around 4.00 am. I might try to push his bed time back a bit and see what happens. Although he used to be able to go to bed at 6.00 pm and sleep until 5.00 am. But then on Monday morning he woke at 3.00 am!!! So who knows.

He ate well too while we were away dinner anyway. He seems to enjoy pumpkin. He doesn't eat as well in the mornings (apple at the moment). He just started with a new Farex last night the 6 month plus one (Mixed Cereal instead of Baby Rice). He seemed to really like it!

He's started copying us when we make open and closed mouth movements to him. It's very cute. Also he can now wave! If we wave he copies and he looks so cute flapping his hands around at the wrist. The waving was confirmed this morning when Mark headed off to work. Cooper and I were standing at the front door and Mark waved then Cooper started waving! So cute.

Cooper had his first trip to the beach while we were away but I think the water was too cold. He seemed in awe looking at the waves and was pretty excited but when Mark put his feet in the water he screamed! I think he was tired too which didn't help. Otherwise he enjoyed his two trips to the pool.

Cooper had 3 solid meals yesterday breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was the first time he's had lunch. He ate well too, especially last night. I think it's the best he's done. He was opening his mouth and when the spoon went near he totally lunged at it. Mark and I were killing ourselves laughing!

Cooper woke for a feed at 4.30 am. But today I didn't mind so much as then he slept until 7.30 am which was 3 hours from the last feed. So I don't feel out of whack with my sleep/feed/play routine. I'm not enjoying him waking at 4.30 am for a feed but then only sleeping until 5.30 am or 6.00 am. It was quite dark and rainy this morning maybe that's why he slept until 7.30 am?

I tried giving him breakfast at 8.00 am but he didn't seem too interested. I'm not sure if he's just not a breakfast person (!) or maybe he's not liking apple too much. I will give lunch and dinner again today.

Did I mention that Cooper has said "mama"? I think I might have, but can't remember. Anyway it was only once I still am not sure whether to believe it or not.

RoyaUK Our IKEA won't get the tray in for 2 weeks. Won't it be a bit hard for you to send one up to me? Just let me know! Thanks for offering too.

Dustmite Cooper isn't crawling yet but he can get up on his hands and knees. Otherwise he gets around by rolling and also pivoting on his tummy in a circle. And sometimes he can push along the ground backwards!

Those pics of Corban are so cute. He's a real cutie pie!

Cassie Gymbaroo sounds really cool! I might look into it for Cooper.

CC Thanks for the tip about feeding bubs in the bath. That's very cool.

carlys Yay for Georgia sitting! It's great when they can sit. Something new and exciting! And wow 2 teeth. It's all happening. I bought a baby toothbrush for Cooper's teeth. But a soft cloth will do the trick.

Sorry to hear about your wedding dress debacle. How awful for you. What's the latest?

kmh Yay for Charlotte saying "dada" how wonderful! And another yay for her sleeping through. Such great news.

How'd the potato go? I haven't tried Cooper with potato yet. At the moment Cooper has Farex with sweet potato or pumpkin for dinner. Got to start trying some other vegies. Might try green beans this week. I haven't tried carrots yet.

Fraser How are you? Is Charlie better?

I haven't tried meat yet. I will after 7 months.

Mads Wow for Freya commando crawling. That's so exciting. And I'm so glad to hear she's sleeping better too.

Yes I definitely recommend the IKEA highchair. It's so easy to clean! And we take it places so easy to pack in the car. I hope you're enjoying your chair now!

As for the Farex. We started with the 4 month baby rice too. We have now just started with the 6 month mixed cereal. Cooper seems to like it better. I'm not going to bother with the fancy fruit flavoured ones. I would rather add my homemade real fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by carlys View Post
    poor little sods, it must be so hard for them...
    I can guess, but would rather just ask, what is a sods? I love the language uniqueness between our two countries. Someday I would love to come visit!

Fraser Guest

well technically a sod is a piece of turf - but when you call someone a sod it's like calling someone a bugger or a nice b*astard - you know like 'poor little bugger'

or you can use it on your husband - for example - it wouldn't be wrong to say 'stupid drunken sod....' or something to that effect

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hello all,
    wow, so many posts since last I was in - that is great...
    Starting meat: my friend gives her bub chicken soup, my other friend gives her bub liver - however I only give Ally lentils and tomorrow she is going to eat silken tofu. I was a vegetarian for 16 years so I'm not that keen on eating meat at the best of times... still grosses me out a bit... But do try the lentils (red are supposed to be easier for them) most babies love lentils and they are super easy to cook and mush.

Mads & Kmh: I'm so glad that your sleep is improving, it makes such a difference in your day...

Fee: glad you enjoyed Kingscliff, DH and I are thinking of moving near there next year....

Us: well, we are great, really, I feel like I'm enjoying being a Mum more and more each day.. esp. now Ally sleeps all night I just feel fantastic???? (also think I maybe ovulating for the first time - sorry if TMI)... that normally makes me feel good? Maybe I will have my first period since bubba in a few weeks???? Have the rest of you gotten your periods yet? OH, good news in my June group, one of the girls is pregnant with her second bubba - how nice is that. she is super nice too, I'm so happy for her.

must run and pay bills
    hello to everyone I've forgotten
    CC
    PS: I bought the Ikea highchair last week, it is UNREAL! We also bought a new pram, a new TV and a new fridge... Now we need to stop spending!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!!

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Heaps has happened since I was on here. I'll try and keep it short for your sanity.

* Danielle is doing great. She eats everything I give her - vegies, meat, bread, rusks, fruit, custards - everything!! She has 3 solid meals (about 1 cup every time) and 4 bottles per day. She's almost crawling (got the hands and knees moving now but it's easier just to pull the legs up and flow forward but she has crawled properly), loves sitting and standing. We walk with her just holding her hands and letting her walk across to something. We were having heaps of trouble with her waking during the night because she was getting stuck in the bars of her cot so I wove her bumpers (I know I'm not meant to use them but I need sleep and my sanity!) and now she can't get stuck in the bars and pretty much sleep through the night again - maybe 5 out of 7 nights - and those nights I just have to pat her to sleep when she wakes.

* Work sacked the lady I was working with last week (was doing job share) and offered the job to me full time. They said I can bring Danielle into the office because we don't have any customers coming in and they really want me. Mum is looking after her 2 days and my aunty 1 so she comes with me 2 days. Loving it for now. Danielle loves pulling my files off the shelves and playing with full water bottles.

* PND seems to be getting better every day. I can't remember the last time I actually cried or lost it about anything. Still have my appointment with the gyno but things seems to be settling down. Maybe it just needed time - who knows. I think I might still go anyway just to make sure.

* Looking at buying a block of land to build a bigger house on before rugrat number 2 comes along. Everything is so so so expensive. We've got to do something soon - our house isn't big enough.

Sorry I haven't done any personals. I should be able to have a chat at least once a day now during my lunch break. I hope everyone is going OK. Hang in there!!

Sorry - I forgot to mention that I've lost 10.3kgs - 5.7kg to go!!

Kel - my MIL didn't even noticed that I've lost all that weight - typical!!

Fee Guest

GUESS WHAT?! I'm so excited. I put Cooper to bed this morning for a nap and I went past to check on him and he was SITTING UP!!! OMG! I have no idea how he got up on his own. Then I went past a bit later and he was still sitting up and then he hit the on button for his Ocean Wonders Aquarium! So funny.

Here's a pic of him.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Fee78/DSCN5966.jpg

I tried putting Cooper to bed 1 hour later last night (7.00 pm) to see if he'd sleep longer in the morning, but no such luck. Oh well I'll deal with 4.00 am or 4.30 am I guess. I just prefered 5.00 am!!!

CC I haven't got my period back yet. Thought I did the other month but I only bled for about 12 hours and then nothing since. Weird.

Bubseykel That's great you can take Danielle into work with you. Sounds like it is working out perfectly.

Fee Guest

Oh I guess I should say that he's been sitting up for a while now but he's never gotten into the sitting position from lying down on his own!

Fraser - Thanx for the explanation.

Bubsykel - CONGRATS!!!...on the weight loss!

cee_cee99 - Heidi still is with out which as I have stated before is really weird with her, I think normal was within about 3 weeks of delivery. So she is feeling real weirded out about not having one and on top of that she is really wanting to be pg again so it is adding to it all.

Time for a new thread!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567