Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006

hi t o all my july mummys

just to let you all know Xavier Robert Bell arrived thrusday 12.29pm after 15 hour induced labour. He is well, ECHN has me on bed rest...grrrr. He weighted 7pound13.,

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Cassie - you might need to reduce (compress) the pic in Lilypie - shouldn't take more than a minute to upload it if small.

Cassie & Boybump- Sammy gets that milk drunk look too and the smiles - very cute. With two - we get one each but when I see my Mum snuggling up and cuddling Joel (when I am feeding Sammy) I feel so jealous - not really but I feel like I am missing out.

Cassie a couple of hours to yourself sounds like bliss. I get mine once a week when I go to the gym when Mum has Danielle. I dont have time to miss her, Im too busy working out. Im going tomorrow and Im so looking forward to it. Im going to book in for my appraisal once I get the total all clean from the doc. I think a Hugabug is a baby carrier. Ive got one for Danielle (we bought it on Saturday) and she loves it and falls asleep.

Thats a good idea Cle. I might cut off the feet and just put socks on her. But shes got so many clothes its not funny. If I dont murder them I can pass them onto one of 2 friends who are due in January.

Yummy mummy congratulations on Xavier!!

Danielle had a 5 hour sleep last night from 8pm to 1am! It was bliss!! But every 3 hours since then. I guess I cant really ask for more. Its horrible weather here today. Its been stormy and blowy all night and even now this morning. Looks like Im not going to the bank today!

hi guys - I know i have been a bit slack - its quite hard getting time to go on the computer! I like trying to catch up on sleep too much. Well This is week two of home alone and we are doing OK - Just had the midwife round and the wee tubby put on 280gms last week (10oz!!) (up to 8lb 10 oz) so he is feeding really well - had to laugh at cle saying that her bubs is a wee guts and the dribble out the nose for warning of the power chuck to come - as we have that too!!! shame that there is not a fuel gauge on these babies letting you know they are topped up enough!

Weather here is crap and everyone has colds - DH is sleeping in another room as he is coughing too much and Ethan has the snuffles. Thats not helping with sleep - we get about 3hours at the most at a time.

The dressing came off my c-section wound today and its lookin really good - it was probably over due but i was too much of a wimp to take it off and i was worried that it wasn't selaed very well after the weeping last week.

Ok sorry for no personals will try really hard to keep up...
    by for now

hi all

well i havn't been on for a few days and so much as happened.
    charlotte is doing well, she has her restless time during the morning where she wants to feed all the time, and she dosn't sleep much and then in the afternoon she will normally have a big sleep, over night she feed about 3-4 hourly. She slept in her bed last night all night too for the first time, tried to put her in their today and she wont go down, she is laying in her bouncer at the moment.
    We moved Madison in to her big bed yesterday and she seems to sleep longer in there during the day. I am doing well.

Cassie- i have stopped taking fibregel for the moment, things seem to be happening down there at the moment.

Bubs- you are game for dtd so soon, tim would like it but i keep saying until 6 weeks. Yay for Danielle sleeping for 5 hours. have fun at the gym tomorrow.

Yummymuumy- congrates on the birth of xavier

well charlotte wants to be feed again , so i must be off

Hi girls, I have been having a really bad week over here. I apologise for being slack as far as my moderation has been for you all. If I have not updated something for any of you as of today, please send me another email or PM. I "think" I have updated everything, but I don't want to miss anyone out.

Thanks!
    [email protected]

Hi Girls...god you all sound like your doing soooooooooo well!
    Jensen and I are doing pretty well too...but I need your advice girls....any feed back would really help....my problem is that Jensen wont settle at night....Ive tried everything...so I feed him which takes about 45mins and then it takes me another hour or more to get him to go bach to sleep....last night he was awake and crying from 6pm till 12pm- thats 6 long hours of crying and top up feeds!!!..then I got so desperate that I took him to bed with me and he slept for 4 hours...wow....but in the books I read it says that they should sleep in their own beds...arhhhhggg what to do....what are you girls doing at night to get your babies to sleep...and what time is night is it 7pm or 10pm????? Please...please...help...I really need to get some sleep!
    Sorry no personals....love to everyone though!
    Congrats on the safe arrival of Xavier yummymummy!!! Hope your all doing well!

Also where is Dee??? Has anyone heard from her???
    Love Cyn

Oh Cyn - sounds like you are having a bit of a battle. This is what I do. I don't know if it will work for you but you can give it a try. I had some trouble with her for a while. I noticed that Jensen is not even 2 weeks old yet. You might just need to give him time. Danielle's only just settling nicely about a week ago. Anywho - she has feeds from 5ish every 1 1/2 to 2 hours until about 8ish as that's what she wants. She normally takes about 120mls in total give or take 40mls. Her last feed is about 8ish. I feed her as much as I can and as much as she can take. Before I do her last feed I wrap her up in a bunny rug so she feels warm and secure. I feed her, burp her and cuddle her until she falls asleep. If she's not settling I go in my rocking chair or just walk around the house and pat her bum. For some reason patting their bum helps them settle. When I go and put her down I put her night light on, turn her CD on, lay her down and tuck the sheet and blanket under the matress so she's nice and tight in her craddle. If she stirs as I put her down I pat her again. I might not be much help but that's what works for us. I also found that expressing and then bottle feeding her helps settle her too as she seems to get more that way then from me directly. I just have a low milk supply which doesn't help and have to give her formula too.

Kel - Yay for Charlotte sleeping in her own bed!! She just needed some time to adjust. Danielle was crabby this morning too after her good sleep last night. Luckily she's having an afternoon sleep now. Just wait until the cranky evening!! I think I might put her in the carrier if she's really bad.

AJ - sounds like Ethan is going really well. I was thinking about you the other day. Good to hear you are well.

Fraser Guest

Hi Ladies,

Congratulations Yummy!! well done - Xavier is a fantastic name - you must be so pleased.

Has anyone heard from Dee? I've checked the Aug Belly Buddies and the birth notices - but haven't seen anything about or from her. She must be about 42 weeks by now, so maybe will be induced soon - or perhaps she's already had her little man. Not sure whether to text her or not - she might be sick of people asking how she's going!

Cyn - Charlie was exactly the same as Jensen - unsettled at night, he still has some bad nights - but like Bubs I just try to feed him as much as I can at the last night feed - which for us is between 10 and 11pm - then hopefully he sleeps until about 2 or 3am. I found with all the top up feeds I was actually making his wind worse - he had wind but thought it was hunger pains so woudl make that open fish mouth thing and I would just top him up - but that just made him really really windy - I would say you may have to spend a good 45 minutes burping him - or get DH to do it so he can't smell your milk. Apparently settling on DH's chest is a good thing for wind - it's warm and doesn't smell like milk so he will settle a bit and then all the wind will just seep out. Anyway - that is the extent of my experience summed up in a paragraph!!

everyone is so chatty - and I'm forgetting who said what! so here is summary

Good idea about chopping ends off gro suits - Charlie is into 000 now - he looks so strange and contorted in the 0000 - I feel bad if I try to squeeze him into them!

I have a hugabub and it is the best thing ever - it's a sling that you tie around yourself - it's basically just one long piece of material that wraps and ties around you - it's so comfortable and Charlie falls asleep every single time I put him in it - even if he's cranky beforehand.

Skylights went into the extension today - flooring goes down tomorrow and shelving goes up the next day - so hopefully by the end of the week the extension will finally be finished! yaay yaaay yaay

hope everyone is well -and babes are all sleeping!

Em

Bubseykel - Danielle's done well this week. Do you weigh her at home or take her somewhere? I don't have any scales at home so will have to walk down to the ECHC when I want to weigh Oskar.

Cassie - Sounds like you had a lovely time by yourself. You reminded me I really want to see Memoirs of a Geisha (loved the book). I will have to get it out soon, but we have a huge fine at the video store as we got a dvd out the day before I had Oskar and with all the excitement forgot to return it for almost two weeks - not good.

boybump - That is such a good idea to cut the feet off the 0000 outfits. Oskar only fit some for two weeks and some not at all. I remember he was very unsettled one day and I realised he couldn't straighten his legs in one outfit! Very annoying about the smoking woman you had near the pram, but I figure if smokers' don't worry about their own health and wellbeing, they're unfortunately not likely to care about someone elses. Best wishes for you appointment on Friday, it must have been very scary when you fell - but sounds like things are healing without too many problems.

yummymummy - congratulations on Xavier's birth!! Can't wait until you post a picture, I love looking at all the baby photos on here.

AJ - I'm glad your c/s incision has healed well. They took my dressing of when I was in hospital and it was weeping heaps one night after I had been laughing a lot (which hurt heaps at the time!). I can't wait until it is completely healed as I really want some waxing done and I'm scared if I have it done to soon it will damage the incision.

kmh - Oskar only sleep 3-4 hours too. It is fine for me at night as I just sleep until later in the morning, but it must be harder for you with Madison too.

Boisey - Sounds like Jensen is a typical newborn, don't worry if he is hard to settle, every week has got easier for me. It felt like I was feeding Oskar continuously in the first two weeks. But now he must be more used to the world and doesn't need to be comfort fed. Don't feel you have to put Jensen to sleep at a certain time. Oskar is always awake from around 10/11 pm until 1 am! The midwife I spoke to said this is just his cycle and you can't change it yet, so just go with it. If I try to put him to bed he just gets distressed, so I bath him, feed him and have play time until he gets unsettled, then try to put him to bed close to 1 am. No one thing seems to settle him, every night something different works. I try to get him to a transient stage be rocking, patting, or sometimes playing music. I then put him in his bed before he is fully asleep so he learns to fall asleep in his own bed - that was a hint the midwife also told me, otherwise the babies can panic if they wake up in a different place to where they fell asleep! Some nights are harder than others - there is a gelato shop open until 12 am near by and Jeremy and I have pushed the stroller down there near closing time before to occupy ourselves while waiting on Oskar to get sleepy!

Fraser - I really need a sling or something like you mention. I feel like I waste so much time carrying Oskar about when I could have my hands free to do something else. He has a rocker/chair-thing, but sometimes prefers to be held.

It's so chatty in here! I just realised today Oskat can fit a gorgeous pair of sneakers my sister sent from the US, so put him in the stroller for a walk and a coffee at my fav. local cafe. He got compliments too - there's nothing like a new pair of shoes is there

Found out my mother and dad are coming over for a week in the second week of September, so that is exciting (all my family and Jeremy's live overseas). My mother was here for three weeks around when Oskar was born, but misses Oskar already.
    Last edited by [email protected]; August 7th, 2006 at 11:34 PM.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Becca- the hugabub is a beautiful baby carrier - babe is held comfortably and close to your heart -so they feel very secure and you have both hands free. They don't wobble too much like some slings. Comfortable for mum or Dad to wear too.

The ECN told me it takes babies a while to develop there circadian rhythm thats why they may be unsettled at night - they want to be awake when we want them to sleep.

We get about 2 -2 .5 hrs between feeds overnight , they feed 3hrly but takes 1hr to change/feed/ resettle. I do Sammy (BF) and Dh does Joel (bottle EBM).We also put them in bed with us - Sammy especially likes to sleep very close to me. It is so easy to feed him lying down in bed too.We both fall asleep LOL.

Though they will sleep through all noise in our arms - even loud drums/musicians in church.

Ohhhh you girls are the best!!! Thank you Thank you sooooooooo much! And Kel....I turned my mobile phone on this morning at recieved your text msg... your kind support nearly made me cry...sending you a big hug from me honey!
    All your advice has been great! I think Jensen has bad wind too Em...as he has these turbo poos and I can feel them through his nappy...so Ive stopped the top up feed hopefully that will help...
    So we got alot more sleep last night and not so many visitors now either...so feeling heaps better!
    Sending you all lots of love...I will write personals soon I promise!
    Cyn

Cyn - you are very welcome. Even though I'm on the other side of the country I'm always here to help in some way. I'm glad that some of the advice from everyone here helped you.

Becca - I go to the ECHC to weigh Danielle. I don't have scales at home either that will do the job. Yay for your Mum and Dad coming over. You must be thrilled!! I wish Danielle had a cute pair of shoes but I can't find any here that will even remotely fit her.

Em - Have you read the birth notices lately. Dee had her baby this morning at 7.07am. Yay for the skylights and the extention almost finished.

Had a great workout at the gym today. And I've lost 1 kilo already without really trying too hard - yay yay yay!! I know it's not much but it's a start. I better go - it's the grizzly time of the day!!

Evening girls,
    Ben and I are having a rough day. I was rang by my doc yesterday and told I had to have a test today. It involved having a fluid injected that would show up my kidneys on an xray. AND I wouldn't beable to breastfeed for 24hrs - would need to express enough milk for Ben. I was told this at 10am yesterday - had to disturb Ben's morning sleep to go to the hospital to pick up some tablets - which I later found out were laxatives - didn't work on me but were very effective on Ben. Also raced to the chemist and bought a pump and bottles - I asked the midwife what pump I should get and she said the Avent Isis - I tried using it yesterday and over 3 separate sessions managed to get 120ml - a struggle. Found it really hard to get a good seal on the pump and my milk just dribbles out. so I ended up buying a tin of formula and poor Benny is suffering (after the laxatives yesterday!) constipation and a very sore tummy. And me? I haven't breastfed since 7.30 this morning - tried expressing but had probs getting a seal so have resorted to just using my hands - can't empty them - just easing the pressure ... think we are going to have a long uncomfortable night.I am really looking forward to our brekky feed tomorrow at 8.30!
    Has any one else got an Avent breast pump? any advice? I spent $100.00 on it and I really want to beable to use it....just finding it so frustrating. WAAAH!
    The good news is Benny has taken to the dummy - he is finding it a great comfort between feeds. For some reason it really seems to help him with his sore tum, and it has stopped him from screaming the house down while I change his nappy before a feed.
    Hope someone out there can help me with the expressing prob. Sleep vibes to you all...Cle

hi girls just thought ill say hi bailee is doing really well he has put on 500grm since being on the bottle and is just a wonderful little boy dose cry as much as he did when he was on the brest which is good and it proves i did the right thing by putting him on the bottle
    talk to ya soon girls
    big hugs

Fraser Guest

hey Cle - Sorry can't help you with the breast pump Q - haven't used one myself - but would be interested to see what people say - I'd like to get one so that I can go out for longer than a couple of hours - so at this stage I should hold off on the Avent Isis until I hear more from others!

Had a good night with Charlie last night, he was very sleepy and wind blurted out of him easily! DH went to bed at 6pm and didn't wake until 5am - which was good for him - he's pretty run down - I got about 7 hours - disjointed of course - but still nothing to sniff at!

Bubs - yaay on the workout - I'm glad you enjoyed it - I find it really hard to make myself to stuff like that - I kilo is fantastic!! you don't want to lose huge amounts right away - slow and easy means the weight will stay off

Cyn - hang in there!

Baiza - that's great - 500 grams - wowza! Is bottle feeding easier? seeing as you've done the breast and now the bottle - which is easier?

Yaay yaaay yaaay for Dee - well done on the VBAC hun - can't wait to see pics of Adrian.

Speak soon ladies

Em

Fee Guest

I haven't been on for a while!

OMG what a day yesterday. I'm sure I'm just being dramatic though. I know that newborn babies can feed up to 12 times per day. But I'm so used to Cooper feeding every 4 hours on the dot and longer at night. But yesterday was just so weird for me. I felt like I was not giving him enough milk or something! And a lot of feeds were short he just wouldn't have more. But then of course he would be grizzly just 2 hours later. I did 9 feeds yesterday.

So yeah, yesterday was weird because the day before he was so sleepy and I had to wake him up for all his feeds.

I think he must be having a growth spurt or something. Today is looking to be the same as yesterday. He's very grizzly.

Baby~amore I can't believe the boys are 5 weeks old! It goes by quickly doesn't it?

boybump You asked if any bubs going into a trance at the boob no, not Cooper. He gets all frantic and claws me! As for breast pumps I have the Avent Isis but I haven't got it out of the box yet! Hope it's going okay for you.

Tulip How exciting about getting your hair done. That will be a nice treat!

Becca Sorry to hear you were so sick. Sounds awful. How cute about Oskar wearing little sneakers! He must look adorable!

Bubseykel Cooper is in 000 too (with some clothes). I think he's going through a growth spurt now. He's 3 weeks old.

Cassie Hope your bowels are becoming more regular!

~yummymummy~ - Yay for the arrival of Xavier! I love that name!

AJ Hope your c-section wound is healing well. Does it hurt much?

kmh Cooper seems to be restless in the morning too just recently. I just keep feeding him! Sounds like Charlotte is doing very well otherwise.

Boisey "Night" for me means when it's dark. That's when I go back to feeding Cooper in his room with a lamp. I won't feed in front of the TV during the night. Cooper is pretty good at settling after feeds during the night. I'm not sure what advice to give! I hope Jensen settles for you soon.

Fraser Sounds like it's all happening with your extensions! Yay! How exciting.

Baiza Sounds like Bailee is doing great on the bottle that's fab!

Yay for the morning!!
    Ben and I got back on the boob at 7.30 this morning. What a relief! He slept really well and I struggled to pump som milk. At 2am I had success with my left boob, but none with my right. Got to sleep at 3 ,was woken at 4 by Ben for last bottle. Had another go with the pump and found if I ignored the instructions on the box and did my own thing I got a reasonable amount. I will persevere with it as I have no idea what is going to happen re the kidney thing and if I have to go to hosp again it will be handy to have a supply for Ben - but if not I know the formula is there too.
    Baiza That is such good news about Bailee's weight gain. I will see the community health nurse next week - I am guessing Ben may be about 5 kilos...not sure!
    Fraser Isn't great when you get a reasonable nights sleep? Ben usually goes for about 3 or 4 hours at a stretch - so if I go to bed early I can sometimes get 8 to 10 hrs which helps me feel like a member of the human race in the morning!
    Fee I hope Cooper is a bit more settled for you today.
    Have a good day everyone!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast