Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006

Default Babies Born July 2006

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

July '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Name: Trish (Baby~amore` - I chose my user name before I knew it was twins - means Baby love )
    State: NSW
    DOB: 1.7.06 (35weeks & 4days - EDD was 1st August)
    Stats: Samuel 6lb 8.5 oz (2960gm), Length - 46.5cm
    Joel 4lb 12oz (2164gm) Length 43cm
    Babies names: Samuel Matthew Gordon (twin A) and Joel Thomas Ryan (twin B)
    Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t...rbellybubbies/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Spent 3 days in NICU and 15 days in Special Care Nursery - though well
    Born by emergency c/s - Breech and Maternal obstetric cholestatis (more common in multiple pregnancy)

Forum Name: Bubseykel
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 6/7/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.98kg (8lb 12oz) Length 52cm Head Circ 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Danielle Lucy
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/hobbsbaby
    Health Concerns: n/a
    Notes: Born 9 days early - Vaginal birth - 6 1/2 hours labour - pushing 1 1/2 hours - 'Corkscrew' method used to pull her out as her shoulders got stuck - Danielle ended up with a broken shoulder bone due to being stuck but she is fine now!!
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

Name: [email protected]
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 11/07/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4065 g - 53 cm - 36.5 cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Oskar Maddox Cooper
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: 11 days overdue (EDD 30/06/06). Admitted to hospital for induction 09/06/06 (evening), had a c/s 11/07/06 (early morning) as baby was not descending.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Forum Name: AJ
    State: Christchurch NZ
    Baby's DOB: 15 July 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 13oz - Length 50cm Head Circ 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Ethan Paul
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: 40hrs of contractions not progressing- waters manually broken, Synto drip, Gas then epidural bubs went into distress emergency c-section performed- all good from there.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Forum Name: Fee
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 17 July 2006
    Baby's Stats: 3.63 kgs (8 lbs) - 51.5 cm - 35 cm
    Baby's Name: Cooper Harvey
    Baby's Website: http://www.totsites.com/tot/babywoj or http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrswoj78/my_photos
    Notes: Vaginal birth with pethidine - labour approx 12 hours long and pushed for only 43 minutes

Forum Name: Cassie
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 17/7/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.9kg (8pd 10oz) Length - 51.5cm Head Circ - 37cm
    Baby's Name: Dylan Sebastian
    Baby's Website: http://www.babysites.com/sites/cassie77/
    Health Concerns: None so far
    Notes: Vaginal birth, 21 and a half hour labour, no pain relief apart from
    the gas, was a vacuum extraction (ventouse)in the end after I became
    exhausted, had been pushing about 2 hours, poor little mite had a bruise on
    his head from the vacuum that is nearly gone, was also jaundiced for the
    first week or so but better now, I had two first degree tears and four
    stitches.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

Forum Name: Fraser (Emily)
    State:TAS
    Baby's DOB: 20 July 06
    Baby's Stats:Weight 7 pounds 15 ounce, Length 53cm, Head Circ 36cm
    Gender of Baby:Male
    Baby's Name:Charlie Simon
    Baby's Website:http://darguethomsonbaby.photosite.com/
    Health Concerns:Nil
    Notes: Born 9 days early - 4 hour 'active' labour - popped out way sooner than expected even caught the OB by surprise - no time for drugs but unfortunately enough time for an episiotomy!

Forum Name: KMH
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 20/7/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.29 kg (7lb 4oz) - Length 48cms, Head Circ 34.5cms
    Gender of Baby: female
    Baby's Name: Charlotte Johanna Howell
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Tongue Tied
    Notes: VBAC, was induced as i was 5 days over, waters broken and sytno drip, 7 hours of labour with all drugs, pushed for 1hr and 20mins with an
    episiotomy!

Forum Name: Boisey
    State: Melb, Vic
    Baby's DOB: 27/7/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.345kg Length 5ocm Head Circ 35cm
    Baby's Name: Jensen Robert
    Baby's Website:

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Last edited by Astrolady; August 4th, 2006 at 09:56 AM.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

we now have a few born in July bubs - so I will kick this off and introduce myself- hope there are few others ready to join me. Comm'on all you July belly buddies ...

My boys Samuel 2960 (6lb 8.5oz) and Joel 2164gm (4lb 12oz) were born on 1st July - @35wks and 4 days by emergency c/s - though not dramatic .I developed obstetic cholestatis - and they needed to be delivered as there is a risk of stillbirth.Thye were both breech as well. I already lost our daughter (at 26wks gestation) to stillbirth 22 months ago for no known reason.

They spent 3-4 days in NICU though well and then we got transferred to our local hospital (also where DD was born) and have now spent 15 days in Special care nursery but will be hopefully coming home tomorrow.Basically there establishing feeding and weight gain.Though Samuel was a good size already.

I am breastfeeding Samuel (well except overnight atm) and Joel is too fond of the bottle - but only having expressed breast milk. I will keep trying him and I have appointment with Lactation Cons Friday to get more ideas and next week she is trying to fit me in for a home visit.

Janie Guest

Trish - your boys look so cute. Sounds like you are doing everything right. Good luck with the breastfeeding. All the best - Janie xoxo

Thanks Janie -wow you are on the home stretch now in 3rd trimester !

I hope Samuel and Joel are home safe and sound Trish. What a relief it must be for you.

I have a feeling I may be in this July thread. I've been super crampy and loads of pressure down there. I feel like I have to walk with my hand between my legs in case she falls out. Whenever she's ready I guess....

hey little ... go directly to 'Vagina' and do not pass go ...
    Justine thinking of you - are you accepting Labour vibes ?

You betcha Trish - after tomorrow (getting my haircut) then you can bring those LV's on!!!

Fee Guest

I'm here now!

My little man, Cooper Harvey, was born on 17 July weighing 3.63 kgs (8 lbs). He was 51.5 cm long and had a head circumference of 35 cm.

I have posted my Birth Story in the appropriate section.

We came home yesterday and all is going well so far. I think the BF is going pretty well. I have a lot of milk! Also at Cooper's weigh in yesterday he had put on 150 grams (only lost 140 grams the other day). So he is already past his birth weight!!! The midwife couldn't believe it!

Fee - great news BF is going so well for Cooper and you .way to go on the weight gain too .I love his name.

Saving up those LV for you Justine !

Fee Guest

I have soooooooo much milk!!! And my boobs are soooooo sore (engorged). Ouch!

I have one boob which is leakier than the other (left) and the other boob (right) is the one which gets more sore and rock hard (usually toward the end of the day).

Whenever I feed on my right boob I need to put some cloth nappies around my left boob to soak up the milk! Breast pads do nothing at all. One will get soaked in about 2 minutes during a feed.

And I have to watch when it's coming up to 4 hours as my breast pads are usually soaked through then.

Fun, fun!

I don't have as much as a leaking problem but when I'm feed on one side the other leaks a lot - I also express for Joel a few times a day.

I was told the supply settles down to meet your babes sucking demands and they don't get so hard and sore ...always enough in storage though.

Mine have settled from first week but when boys still in hospital overnight - they did get hard and sore in the middle of night when I waking to express anyway and 1st thing in morning before I went to hospital.

Hi Trish and Fee!!

I thought I'd pop across now too. Danielle was born 9 days early with a weight of 8lb 12oz (3.98kg). We had some trouble with the birth as her shoulders got stuck with her head hanging out (sorry!! DH says it's not a sight you want to see too often!). They ended up twisting her around inside me and pulling her out. Her shoulder bone broke as they did this and that's what they think made her come out. She seems to be fine now - waving her arm around all the time. We ended up staying 6 days in hospital due to her being jaundice and the ped wanting to keep an eye on her arm for a few days and I wasn't in a hurry to get home. I wanted me little girl to be fine first.

I'm not so sure BF is going well. She's not putting on enough weight. She had a weigh in 2 Friday's ago and she seemed to put on her weight but they didn't take off all her clothes. Last Friday they took off all her clothes and she has actually lost weight. She seems to be full and content after feeding so I'm not sure what's going on. Tomorrow we have another weight in as she shouldn't put on some weight since Friday but if she hasn't we'll have to do a part formula part breast milk feeding. I feel like a bad mother as I'm not giving her enough. I have no real leaking problems but I guess that could be a sign I'm not making enough. I've been checked out and we've been told I'm doing it right so I'm not sure what to think. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!!

I better go - she's due for a feed again.

Well done girls on your beautiful babies!!

Kel - I was told better to offer EBM - maybe express off after she has a feed - as hind milk has more fat etc. and offer her this. Sometimes offering formula can paradoxically decrease your supply further as she sucks less on breast. The more she sucks the more milk there is.It is so hard in beginning I read somewhere last night on BB ... about this issue.Remember you are doing a fantastic job and it takes time.

Have you tried seeing if LC at your community health centre to ask her advice.

Trish - I was told on Friday to express if she doesn't seem too fond of BF. I read your post about Joel and Danielle seems to be a bit the same. I managed to get 100ml out of my breasts and fed her that at her last feed and she only took 80ml of that but she seems more alert but content. I don't mind expressing and feeding her it in a bottle if that's the way she wants it. At least she's still getting breast milk - I'm not too keen on the formula idea. We did get checked out by a LC when we were in hospital but if she doesn't put on enough we'll be making an appointment to see her again.

Great work expressing Kelly - I am happy to do it too-as long as I can - as it is better than formula. Though I know it isn't possible for everyone.

Joel is taking about 70mls in a bottle.If we give him more he has reflux.

Samuel (on tube/bottle feeds)was on 87mls for his weight (4hrly) - based on 170mls per kilo per day (divided by 6 feeds) when we left hospital Thursday so sounds like she took what she wants. Did she b/f as well ?

Trish - I tried to BF her first but she was just mucking around with it and not really sucking much at all. As soon as she has her bottle (twice I've done it now with her taking about 70/80mls each time - 3 hours appart) she's taken the whole thing and seems to be much happier afterwards. Also, thanks for the chat. It's made me feel a bit better about everything.

Tanya - Lucas is so cute!! I love the pic of him on the arm. Good to hear your feedings are going well.

Joel is pretty much the same - , hang in there and keep trying you are doing a great job. If she is happy - you are happy and that is what matters at the moment.

I joined ABA online ($50) a week ago and they sent me the book (worth $34.95) already ... it is free if you join before 31st August.I only had a quick skim through so far but it looks great.

Tanya - the photo is very cute -did you do it yourselves ?
    We have been co sleeping in morning - it helps settle them a bit longer. I now understand how tiring the first days are - my DH has been up/down more than me though -poor thing. I got to sleep in till 9.30am -he had to go to work. I am so thankful my mum is here helping though. I hope Lucas sleeps a little longer for you.

baiza
    bailee bourchier was born on the 15th of july 2006 at 1055am he weighed 3.36kg and was 52.5cm long head cm was 36 he was born 9 days over due and was planned to be born by vbac but the noght befor he was distressed and we had a c/section found out why he was distressed as he had the cord raped around his neck
    we stayed in hospital for 4 days hated the first day as i was bed riden for the hole day and hated it but after that it was a great after that

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast