Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser
    Baiza - that's great - 500 grams - wowza! Is bottle feeding easier? seeing as you've done the breast and now the bottle - which is easier?
    i found bottle is easier because you can be more comfy when feeding you can eat wat ya wont to eat and drink wat you like as well baby is more full and happyer and sleeps better and someone else can feed bubs when you cant like hubby feeding in morning so you can sleep in when your out you dont have to flop out you boob to feed etc i found it easier

Fee Guest

After a tough day yesterday it was a good night. I am thankful for that Cooper is great at night. At least he has his day and night sorted. Yesterday he just wanted to feed, feed, feed. I felt like I was permanently stuck to the couch! But then last night he fed at 10.00 pm, 3.00 am and 6.30 am. And he settles down in his cot immediately after the feed. I wonder why it's different during the day?! I'd love to understand it! I'm hoping it's just a growth spurt.

After his 6.30 am feed he went straight down in his cot and then woke up 4 hours later on the dot for his 10.30 am feed. He then fed for 35 minutes! Much better than his 5-10 minute efforts of the last couple of days.

Unfortunately he grizzled and didn't want to sleep after that. He then had an hour sleep around 1.30 pm and woke up at 2.30 pm for his next feed. He is now sleeping soundly yay! Hopefully he stays asleep until 6.30 pm.

Mark is picking up our Baby Bjorn carrier tonight. Hopefully we like using it. I think it will be handy for when Cooper won't settle. Then I can carry him around the house in it and still do other things. We are going to test it out tomorrow when we go grocery shopping. I haven't wanted to take the pram to Coles. I really miss grocery shopping with Mark!

Fee Guest

Tulip Sorry to hear about Lucas. I hope everything is okay when you take him to the doctors.

Baby~amore You and your DH are doing a great with the boys. It must be such hard work. I definitely admire anyone with twin babies as it seems so tough with just one baby!

Baiza Glad to hear it's working well with the bottle feeding. The only thing that seems like a pain to me is all the sterilising. Otherwise it sounds quite easy!

fee the sterilising is quiet easy there are machines that can sterilis your bottles and i find it easier with the water you make up bottles the night befor for how many youll need for the dayand the same time every night you change water sterilis bottles then make up wat you need for the next day it great i love it

Hi girls,

Just a quick check in today. My milk supply has definately improved and it's almost back to the way it was when I started expressing. As Cyn puts it, I woke up with 'massive hooters' this morning. They felt like they were before - hard and full. Looks like the extra water and Fenugreek tablets are all helping. I feel a whole lot better now.

Danielle had a weigh in today again - another 300gms - now up to 4.45kilos. Everyone said she's big for her age. We also went to a Parenting Expo today. Not much there so I didn't really enjoy it but it was good to go out.

I've been called up for Jury Duty!! Do you think I'll be excused being a full time carer for Danielle??

I better run. DH and I had a barney on the phone earlier about his new mobil phone. He bought a flip phone but the buttons have scratched the screen so I've taken it back now twice and finally came to an agreement with the store that they'll give us the new modle but it doesn't come with a hard cover case yet. So DH spat it at me that I took this new phone. So I told him to sort it out himself and take it back tomorrow but now he tells me he's going out tomorrow! First I heard about it I told him. So we left it at that. Seems like I can't do anything right!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi girls

Geez it is hard to get on to do a post I do have the time to read everything but then to actually write a post it can be impossible, on well that comes with having a baby I suppose. One of my older friends from work came to visit us yesterday and bought Dylan so many presents you would think she was his grandma, and she was wearing so much prefume that he stank all day until I changed his outfit. Plus she was kissing him heaps which is kinda ok I guess but then she licked her finger and smoothed his hair do you think she went a bit far? Should I be grossed out? I don't even think I would like my own mother doing that to him. Am I being overprotective? I really appreciate the interest and the visit and gifts but that was a bit much.

Fee I use a sling with Dylan and he settles really well in it so I hope your baby bjorn helps with Cooper, I think it should.

Boisey I am going well and yes DH is still at home, he has one afternoon a week work with a friend which is good and he is playing gigs (he is a guitarist) which sometimes pay. The plan is he will be looking for full time work early next year as he is getting some of his super money which should last us til the end of the year. Thanks for asking. I am using normal washing powder which doesn't appear to be affecting Dylan's skin so far. We were told by our MCHN to get wind drops too but haven't go them yet will get some over the weekend.

KMH Sorry you have mastitis hope you are feeling better soon.

Tulip Dylan like to lay on my chest too. Have you tried Lucas on his tummy on a flat surface? That seems to calm Dylan down if he has wind and also carrying him in an airplane position on his front helps too.

Boybump Hope Ben is doing ok and you are feeling better.

Fraser Yay for your house starting to come together. I wouldn't worry about your milk as my BBs seem to go floppy at times too and then Dylan feeds and seems to get heaps.

Babyamore We don't have a routine as such yet either every day it is different. I am worried Dylan won;t have worn all the 000's by the time he grows out of them. We were given a size 1 outfit for him for next winter and it just looks so huge I can't believe he will ever be that big.

Bubs Dylan's got lots of 000s and quite a few 00s may have to buy some more of them once he is in them.

Yay have finally done my ticker properly with a photo, I figured it out yayayayay!

Bye all.

well i am feeling a whole lot better, thanks to everyone sending your well wishes. feeding is not hurting so much today which is great. Charlotte is sleeping really well, last night it was 9:30pm, 12pm, and then 5am. i settled her in her cot last night until about 2am then she was in bed with us. she seems to be streching her feeds by 1/2 hour during the day.

Bubs- i am so happy that you milk is increasing, i have started to take milk thislie (spel) as i think my milk is starting to decrease in my right boob which i had mastitis in, as i have expressed before a feed and only got about 15 mls out of that side and then got about 50mls out of the other side, so hopeful with the masititis clearing up my milk supply will increase.

Biazar- glad to see this are going well for you.

Tulip- i hoe things improve with lucas, i have a swing that i use for Charlotte she is asleep in there at the moment and loves it also Madison loved it too, its great when they are unsettled.

Caais- i wouldn't be happy with anyone licking their fingers and rubbing their fingers through Charlottes hair.

Fee- Can you let me know if you like your Baby Bjorn carrier, i have been looking at them for Charlotte.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, tim is at work at the moment and madison is with my mum until tomorrow night so its just me and charlotte at the moment. Also i have lost 14 -15 kilos i am so happy

Fraser Guest

Hi guys,

ohmigod what a day - Charlie would NOT settle at all - bit colicky - Mum got me some infacol and that seems to have done the trick - so tired - only got two hours sleep last night and then dealing with him crying all day today - I feel like a zombie - but I don't want to go to bed for some reason

frustrated with SIL - my bestest friend is over from Melbourne - there's a long story in there surrounding SIL and hanging around talking about breasts and 'feeding' when I just wanted to spend time with my friend - too long to go into - might write it up on the Boo Hoo forum later to get it off my chest

KMH - who hoo on the weight loss! that's fantastic. Hope you're feeling less ouchy

Cassie - My aunt cuddled Charlie for an hour or so and then for the rest of the day he smelt of her perfume - it was nice at first but then over powering - yes I think licking your finger and smoothing hair down on a baby that you're not blood related to is a little OTT

Bubs - did you work stuff out with your DH? I would tell him to shove his phone you know where..... Good to hear Danielle is doing so well and the one stop tuck shop is working again!

Fee - you wont know yourself once you get the Baby Bjorn - we have a Quinny front pack and a hug-a-bub - Charlie settles right away once he pops into one of them

Hey Tanya - Hang in there, you know you're doing a great job - I think it will be a while before any of us can think straight again! Is it wind? have you tried Infacol?

Cyn - I just wash Charlie's clothes in normal washing liquid (Surf I think) Start as you mean to go on is my motto - may as well use normal stuff now - he'll have to get used to it at some stage

Trish - you're a gun! - I don't know how you do it with two - I'm struggling with one!

Cle - fingers crossed that Ben decides to keep that routine!

I'm off to watch the Bombers beat C'wood........

have a great weekend all - Em.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Bubseykel - I am sure you would be excused as a breast feeding mum of an infant.Great you have hooters again - I have a great emoticon on MSN of hooters that is.

KMh - hope your mastitis has heard the call ... it's time to go ... and your milk comes back in gallons.

I am just checking in quickly off for a bath with DH while the boys hopefuly sleep. A friend gave us some radox bath salts/ foaming stuff etc so better try it out so I can thank her properly.

Em - things were OK with DH until this morning. He had a really bad day yesterday and that's why he was so cranky. We went food shopping and to the chemist to sign my Jury Duty Excusal form and get some Colic Relief which is meant to help with wind as Danielle has heaps on wind. After buying it I put it in the trolley and we did our food shopping. DH put the groceries in the car and I put Danielle in. I unpacked the shopping and started to feed Danielle when I asked him where's the colic stuff? He said I took it out the trolley and put it in the car. I said no - I put Danielle in the car and he put the shopping in. He checked the car and it wasn't there. He told me it was a silly place to put it and I told him it wasn't hard to take it out the trolley and put in the car. He stormed out and he's off to his mate's place to work on a car now. I'm so angry and so upset. I'm so game to gather a few of mine and Danielle's things and go for the night but I know it will be worse later. He makes me feel so bad. All we seem to have done for the last 2 days is fight and argue. On these talk shows ladies have written in saying all they seem to do is fight after a new baby is born. I can't believe it's happening to us now after I asked him when I heard that is do we fight heaps now. I know I shouldn't be spilling on here but I don't know who else to talk to.

Fee Guest

We weighed Cooper at home last night. I just jumped on the digital scales and then I jumped on with Cooper and just subtracted the amount. He's now 4.3 kg at age 3w4d. We will be going to the clinic for his 4 week check up on Tuesday. So hopefully he's put on a bit more by then. He was 4.02 kg at his 2 week check up.

Baiza Sounds like you have a good routine with your bottles and sterlising. Makes it sound quite easy!

Bubseykel Yay for your improved milk supply. That's fantastic. You must be so relieved. As for Jury Duty, I would imagine you could be excused. I got called up once and I just got my work to write me a letter! How are things going with your DH? Settling down at all?

Cassie Poor Dylan being smothered by your older work friend. I would be a bit grossed out too I think! BTW your ticker looks great. Dylan is very cute!

kmh Glad to hear you're feeling better. And yes I'll let you know about the Baby Bjorn. I haven't tried it out yet but DH wore it this morning at Coles. Cooper was asleep the whole time. DH just loved it he looked so proud walking around!

Fraser How is Charlie today? How do you tell a baby has colic?

Baby~amore Hope you got your relaxing bath with DH!

Fraser Guest

Hey Bubs - I would say if you both had a full nights sleep under your belts then it would be different.

I find myself getting snappy with SImon over stupid things - he doesn't do things the way I want them done, or he can happily sit in front of the computer and ignore the fact that Charlie is screaming his head off. I get so so mad at him - but I force myself to not say anything to his face - I try and remove myself from the situation and look at it from a different angle - deep breaths - what's the worst thing that could happen, you or your DH have to jump in the car and go and buy some more Colic stuff. It's so hard but I think the only thing you can do is change your reactions to what your DH does - you're not going to be able to change the way your DH handles things - that's up to him.

Has your DH had a good nights sleep since Danielle was born? last week I let Simon sleep from 6pm until 5am - and it made the world of difference in how he handled things - he was calmer which made me calmer. I know it seems unfair because you can't get a full nights sleep - but hey if one of you can then you may as well.

It's so hard to laught stuff off when you're really tired - but if your DH told you it was a silly place to put something, when you weren't pregnant or had Danielle how would you have normally reacted? told him to f*ck off or laughed in his face and agreed with him? Try not to take things to heart and accept you are not in the right frame of mind to make big decisions like packing stuff up and taking off.

You'll be fine, I bet it's just a rought patch.

Chin up! Em

Fraser Guest

Oops didn't see your post Fee.

I couldn't really tell Charlie had Colic - Mum told me...!!! it's basically just when they have heaps of wind that they can't get rid of and they cry a lot because it hurts. We could actually hear it bubbling around inside of him and after lots of tummy rubbing from Nanna he farted a lot of it out....eeuuuiiiiii

I have started using Infacol and I would like to marry the person that invented it.... alas I am already married... perhaps I could give them my first born.... (actually I would gladly have done so yesterday..!!!!) what it does is make all the little bubbles merge to make a big bubble that is easier to get out.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

GRR I lost my post ...oh well not too long to remember

Good advice for us all Em - I find myself snapping at my DH more over silly things and getting .

I read in my twin book today about increased fighting/tension in any relationship with a new baby. The advice was similar about not taking it too personally and reminding yourself you are both on same team.

We did get our bath - till big DS wanted his turn (alone)

There is also Brauer's colic relief .. homeopathic.

Fee Guest

I tried out the Baby Bjorn today. Cooper was a little unsettled and whinging after his 9.30 am feed. So I popped him in the carrier and he was asleep in minutes. I then transferred him to his cot no worries.

Like Tulip I've also got more photos on my Yahoo website http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrswoj78/my_photos (album called "Cooper").

Fraser That's great that the Infacol is working.

Baby~amore Yay for getting your bath in!

Tulip I can see what you mean about bubs falling out of the Baby Bjorn. Even on the instructions it says not to bend forward just bend at the knees. So does Lucas cry during tummy time on his mat? It sounds like he is doing the right thing though pulling his head up to try and look around. It will all help to strengthen his neck. And yay about your pre-pregnancy jeans! I managed to get mine on the other week and I was so impressed! Your new photos of Lucas are soooo cute!

Your question about who looks after bubs during the night --- I get up to do all the feeds as I am exclusively BF-ing right now. As for settling this isn't usually an issue for us at night. Cooper usually goes straight down. Last night he was a little grizzly though and DH got up to try and settle him. This was because it was a weekend though. If it were a week night then he probably wouldn't and I probably wouldn't let him!!! I also do all the nappies during the night. It's all me! But I only get up once or twice during the night. Cooper sleeps for a long time. DH helps a lot at other times though when he's around. I don't mind that he doesn't help during the night. I find it all quite easy. It's the day times I wish DH were around! I miss him lots as well.

Tulip- to answer your question, i do everything for charlotte during the night, sometimes tim gives charlotte some ebm but it is usally before midnight, as she has been a bit unsettled, to get to sleep. Also where do you get hug-a-bubs from, i havn't seen them but like you said everyone is raving about them.

Fraser- tim can be the same he could be playing the play station ( which i want to throw out) and Charlotte could be crying. MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i was up to 1.30 with charlotte she was very unhappy, just wanted to be feed all the time for about 2 hours, and i got to the stage where i had no milk left, so today i have expressed some for her if she ends up like that tonight.

i hope everyone had a good weekend.

hey tulip during the week i do the night feeds i do the 12am feed and the 7am feed but on the week ends i do the 12am feed and hubby dose the 7am feed so i dont get a broken sleep some of the time it could be a 1am feed for me and a 5am feed for hubby as long as i let hubby sleep in that day everything is sweet hubby should be helping no matter if he works long hrs as i see it they get breaks form work eg:lunch etc and there not around the baby 27/7 as for us we done get lunch breaks morning breaks or weekends off if ya know wat i mean also its inportant for father and baby to bond as much as they can when daddys home coz when they are older they start to miss there dady when they are at work

Hello Beautiful People,
    It seems like I haven't been able to get to the computer. My DS number 1 spent the weekend with us and Ben took a few days to normalise after the day on formula - unfortunately we reckon the big sleep was due to him being so backed up from the formula - on Thursday morning he woke at 8 at grizzled and cried til 9.30 that night. Of course it didn't help that DH had a work do that night - so came home at 7.30 after 4 hours of free drinks very merry while I was in a foul mood - more to do with being stuck on the couch all day than anything else - normally I would have chucked him in the pram and taken him for a walk but we had a guy here all day installing windows.
    I saw the kidney specialist on Friday - nothing is any clearer. He wants to show the xrays to his colleagues in Perth and will call me this Thursday - several options: I will have to go down to Perth for an ink injection and scan, or explorative surgery to make sure it is not a tumor (my Dad is having kittens about that one!) or he will leave it as a certain percentage of the population are prone to kidney bleeds and the pregnancy may have exacerbated it. The good news is my wees are clear and I have had no pain for over two weeks.
    Bubs It is really awful fighting - we have had a few since Ben was born - usually when DH has had a few beers and is more prone to taking things the wrong way - those big boys find it hard to cope with not being the sole focus of your attention anymore - though they wouldn't admit it, alot of them may feel jealous or resentful towards bub and you. It seems impossible at the moment but it helps to find some time where you two can be together without bubs being the centre of attention. Try not to stress too much about it!
    re nighttime care DH gave grand speeches to all and sundry before Ben was born that he would get up and change Ben and give him to me during the night so I could get a bit more rest.....sometimes it's hard to hear Bub waking over DH's snoring!!! He does wake up occassionally while I am feeding and he will check on me - when Ben was first born and he had a few days off work (and it was all new and exciting!) he woke more readily when Ben cried. I seem to sleep more in the double bed in Ben's room - seems like less of a chore to get up and I am able to sleep with Ben next to me - I can't do it in our room - 3 in the bed is too squishy , I can't relax - in Ben's room I give him heaps of room to sleep.
    re pre-pregnancy clothes I have no idea how much weight I have lost, but I am back in my jeans - yay to no more trakky pants!!! - and it is all due to the BFing - I have done nothing else - unless sleeping helps you lose weight!
    tummy sleeping Ben is really windy - maybe I should look for those wind drops... but he seems to settle better and sleep well on his tum. I feel awful doing it - terrified that I am doing the wrong thing - and I try to turn him over once he is asleep, but the pressure on his tum really helps pass that gas! but then DH and I come from parents who were told to sleep babes on their tummies - and we are still here!
    Gotta go - the milk monster is rousing...
    Have a good day!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast