Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #17

Gosh Sara, that is a lot of people! You have your work cut out for you I think. Have fun (being secretly proud that Kaetlyn is the only crawler LOL)

Actually she was the first one to do everything- roll over, sit up, crawl and She is pretty darn close to walking as well, So I am happy- and she is not the eldest either!
    Everyone calls her the superkid heheh its cute!
    And I am so proud of her!
    At least is it casual- everyone brings a plate with food on it and host just supplies drinks and space.
    I am nervous thats a lot of people in one room!
    I think I am all set up! Just need them to arrive

Megan76 Guest

It's very quiet, i wonder how poor little Ethan is travelling.....

Hope your day was ok Sara!

Sacha how was your mushy dream...he he, get it!!

Hi all

Just wanted to pop in quickly to say Sacha - I tried (well Charlotte did) the raffertys baby food and she loves it!! She has had the apple, sweetcorn and pumpkin one! The only thing is that silly mummy couldnt open the lid so I had to cut it and sqeeze it out into the bowl .

Hope your mothers group catch up went well Sara!

Jess - thinking of you and praying Ethans op went well.

Hi to everyone else!

Gotta run and do my exercise DVD.

Jem

Hi girls,

Hope little Ethan is recovering well after his operation and I hope his mummy is ok and getting some rest.

How did today go Sara?

Sacha have you decided when you will try the mushrooms? Let us know how much she screws her face up!!! lol

Not much going on here, Oliver is asleep in his swing. He's become a bit of a bum shuffler, gets half way accross the lounge room. And he's spending a lot more time on his tummy these days so I don't think it will be much longer until he starts crawling, although I really don't want him to! Sounds a bit selfish I know but he's my last and he is has grown far too quickly as it is.

I started up a mothers/play group! So far we have 5 ladies with the bubs ranging from 1 week to 16 months. Two of them I met on bb and the other two through Lexxen's school and soccer team. Our first meet up is on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to it.

DF has made it a whole week without the cigarettes. I'm so proud of him and except for the first day he hasn't even been cranky! He has actually been happier, and he has even talked his boss into giving up too!

Hope everyone is well.

Raels and Oliver. xo

God Jem - you make me feel lazy! I've just been on the couch watching the eposide of Brothers and Sisters that i taped and eating sticky date pudding. i have a good Pilates dvd that i must pull out and use again so i can tone up and get rid of my 'mummy tummy'.

Well i have something funny/scary to share that makes me worried as the mother of a little boy.. My mums car got stolen last week (this is not sounding funny so far). My dad is a horse trainer and he got home from the track at 5.30am and noticed mum's car was gone. He quickly woke up mum and they went hunting for the car, noticing big tyre marks out the front of the house where the car had obviously been driven into a ditch, then out again, and finally found it crashed through a fence down the road. They called the police who came out and said it must have been teenagers who have crashed it then run off..then the police noticed the keys were in it. Very suspicious - must of been a family member. Mum said not possible, its only our 19yr old daughter and our 3 foster kids at home..oh dear, so they quickly rang home and got my sister to check the bedrooms. Boy was missing. Eventually found him hiding in a neighbours shed and he admitted it was him that stole the car. The worst part he is 7 years old!!!! When mum was dealing with the insurance they said that it is so common for boys to take the car for a hoon..although he was the youngest they had heard off, normally they are around about 13 or so. It is unbelieveable. Mum drives a Kia van so its huge, he has reversed down the drive, into the ditch and out again (BIL drove into same ditch, got bogged and took 3 guys to get him out) and then down a luckily quiet 70k road, and then through the fence at 5.30 in the morning. GOd only knows why and what was going through his head. The whole car needs to be resprayed and has a few dints. It's just crazy!

The little man is awake so i'll will try to bbl to catch up some more

Em, I didnt really see the funny side, sorry I think scary would be the way to describe it. To think that someone that you even thought to take the car in the first place

Antenatal group went well! Luckily two didnt end up coming. That is a lot of babies all in one spot!

Now for the clean up....

Emma ~ My goodness where do you live?? sounds heavy!!

I'm poppoing in quickly at a reasonable hour for a change (although I was here early this morning hehehe).

I've been thinking of Jess and Ethan all day, I told DF and he couldnt believe it either... I hope he is ok and Jess TOJ is getting all the support she needs.

Oh and I love mushrooms for the record!

better run and make sure dinner isnt burning!

Smile

It has mushrooms in it BTW!

Hmmm... I probably shouldn't have described it as funny. Sorry guys! Unbelievable is more like it. I still cant get my head around the fact that a 7 year old could start up and use the gear stick (manual) in a car. My parents live about 3 hours away for me so thankfully i don't have to deal with it. I was horrified and felt sick when they told me. The only amusing part - for me anyway - is that we constantly told mum that the 7 year old would turn out to be a car thief (in his later years) because from the moment she fostered him (about 3 years ago) he was obsessed with cars and car keys. I should have explained that properly!

Ok Em, Now I see the funny side, when you put it like that!

Megan76 Guest

Just after some opinions....there's a couple of things i make with tuna, one a pasta and the other a tuna mornay type thing with rice that have those packet soup mixes in them and maybe some veg or chicken stock, and creamed corn just wondering if they could be mushed up for Lucas?

Em - can't believe that about the car....i can barely drive a manual now!!

Megan- I wouldn't bacuase the soup and pre made meal packets are really high in salt, and it is not reccomened that babies have salt. It is your choice though. HTH

The other thing is the pasta is wheat which you should probably wait a few more months to introduce as it's one of the main allergy culprits. But you can get rice and corn pasta that are both pretty good. I can't wait until I can just give Autie what I'm eating - was just thinking it today when I had curried sausages. You can add herbs and spices though as long as you're careful and watch for reactions, and probably chilli isn't a great idea. I didn't dream of mushies btw, but I've been thinking about them all day...mushie soup, mushie stir fry, mushi casserole, fried mushies, stuffed mushies, sauteed exotic mushies with butter and garlic...mmmm.LOL

Oh Jem you are so making me get the guilts with your exercise I keep telling myself I will do that, or at least my yoga one. But I never do. Did you taste the Rafferty's yourself? Sooooo different from the other brands.

LOL Raels. She doesn't screw her face up, she does a cute little shudder. but it won't happen with mushies for sure! Good news about your DH's quitting and your playgroup. I'm thinking of going to one at our community centre tomorrow.

Em, your poor parents and the little car thief! Sounds like he needs to live on a property where they all drive before they can walk LOL

I was telling my DH about Jess and Ethan and he just kept saying 'you're kidding?!" then told me to ring up tomorrow and get the house sprayed (we have redbacks outside and have been slack in doing anything about it) I've always been against it because I think even spiders have their place and I don't like killing the lizards and geckos but now I have Autie, all those reasons just fly right out the window. I did some research today and it said no-one in Australia has died of redback bite since the anti-venom was made in the 70's or 80's so that's a positive for little Ethan. Hope they are all doing well and we hear soon.

Sacha - I did taste the raffertys and cant say it appealed to me at all LOL!! It was a very unusual taste but hey if Charlotte likes it I like it!! So easy for when you are out and about!

Wow Em - it sure sounds exciting at your parents house!!

Megan - ditto with what the others are saying re the mornay and pastas.

Yay DH just got home so I have to run !

Mel - when does Luke get home? Cant be long now!

Take care
    jem

Hi everyone

Okay, selfish post from me tonight. I am so proud of Diana. This evening I took her nappy off to give her some nappy free time. I put her body suit back on (sans nappy) and kind of forgot about it. Well, she played, fed and had a small nap and only went wee when we put her on the potty. No accidents.

Hey ladies,
    I have been thinking of Jess and Ethan all day, I hope they are well.

Jem, 6 days yey and counting. Charlee has really missed him this time. Everytime she hears a car door, she lifts her head with a big grin saying daddy, daddy, daddy, then I tell her no princess daddy isn't home yet, she drops her head again and lets out a sigh, so cute and so sad at the same time. When is Les back?

Megan, yeah ditto me too.

Em, OMG, he can drive better than me I only have a auto license, although I can drive a manual now. What a little bugger, good on him for owning up to it though. That would have taken some guts to do, what happened after that?

Ummm mushrooms, I used to hate them when I was little, but loooovvvvveeeee them now, especially mushroom sauce on a steak, (homer aaahhhhhh!!!!!! with drool)

All is good here, going to get a pixie photo taken tomorrow of the kids. Then on friday I'm going to get proper professional shots done. I get a free voucher to get 1 photo for a twinkle toes frame. But we purchased a set for Charlee, so will purchase some to Jack too, and some of them together. I can't wait. I would love to get a really nice one of the family but DH is still away ATM, but my sister wedding is in May, so will get some then. Jack is going to be wearing a little suit with bowtie, found a lady on ebay that makes and sells them for $35. And I bought Charlee a little discontinued flowergirl dress that I found when we bought our bridesmaides dresses. Is so cute!! I can't wait to get all done up, I hardly ever get the chances to these days. Oh speaking of which, we hopefully will be going to the races on the 8th March. I love the races, and mum said she will mind the kids, so I can have a couple of drinks, yey!!

Has anyone had their parents take there baby yet for a sleep over. I was only thinking of it the other day. I would was thinking about seeing if mum and dad could have both our babies, for the night of the race day. But a little worried about the idea of leaving Jack for a night. Not at all worried about him being the care of mum and dad, I just haven't been away from him for more than a couple of hours so far, and I'm a little anxious about the idea.

Hi all,

I am way behind so forgive me if I've missed any major goings on.

Mushrooms i'm with Megan! with your tuna dishes you could make a variation on what you usually make omitting the soup, and by boiling and pureeing your own corn, it goes a little creamy. and if you needed to change the consistency to be more milk add either formula or ebm, whatever you have. When Xavier can have tomato and pasta etc I will be making a home made napoletana sauce with crushed tomatoes so he doesn't get all the salt of bought spag sauce.

Jessikah, I'm sorry to hear Ethans not well. I hope everything goes ok and you get your little man back soon. I am thinking of you all.

Sara, about onec a month I start to think AF is back only to be proven wrong. Not complaining though. it has been a while, I guess i'm getting used to not having it. I'm pretty sure that if you had no probs anything past your first 6 weeks it's ok to use tampons. if your not sure don't use them for the first time and see how you feel.

em, that story about the foster kid is mad. Has he been with your parents long, was it out of charachter?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast