Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #20

Default Babies Born July 2007 #20

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-19-a.html

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Avaleigh is walking!!!!!

My little genius was holding on to the couch and she was eyeing off her toy on the other side of the room, she was edging herself away and I was wondering if she was going to let go and SHE DID!!!! She took some very slow, steady steps and got to her toy. YAY FOR AVALEIGH!!

The past few nights Jason and I have been 'practising' with her and had her walking between us, so the practise must have worked!! Hmmm but I dont know whether to be overjoyed or a bit worried that I am now going to have a terror on my hands

But, oh well!!

Enchanted Guest

How exciting V!!!

I'll be back soon... I know I've been MIA but heaps has been going on here.

Hope you are all well

Tracey & August - your boys are both gorgeous little spunks, I love the photos that you've got in your signatures. Look out ladies I say!!

V - congratulations to Miss Avaleigh. No surprises though, she was always going to be an early mover & groover from what you've described. Hope you've done all your baby-proofing.

Jess - welcome back, it's great to hear from you, and good to hear that everything is going ok. How cute is it when they wave Clever Ethan for looking for people to wave to, that's funny. Have any of his teeth popped through yet?

Sarah - woo hoo for the sleeping, that is so good for all your family. Is there any one change that you've made that you could share with those of us who aren't getting sleeps??

Megan - hope DH's hangover was better by Sunday & you got some proper DH input for at least some of the weekend.

Em - your cooking spree sounded delicious. Makes me feel like I really should pull my finger out a bit more for Liam, except that he's so hot & cold with the whole eating thing that it's not yet really worthwhile doing too much for him, so much of it just gets thrown out. I can't wait until he's into food a bit more.

Bec - woo hoo for Xavier's crawling, that's exciting. And clever little boy, getting mum to let him sleep in a big bed.

Jas - how's the study going?

Danni - good to hear from you.

As usual, nothing much to report from our side. Liam has started to wave, but at completely random moments and with no real connection to why he would be waving, but he's got the movement mastered, so I figure if I keep practising it with him he'll eventually piece it together. Still pretty cute though. I'm quite enjoying having a little monkey to train! I met the tiniest baby today when I caught up with my cousin. She had a bub 6 weeks ago, he was 2.5kg when he was born, and he's still tiny, like a doll, just beautiful. And with all the newborn characteristics that I'd kind of forgotten about, like the auto-grip when you put your finger in his fist, and the baby-blink thing that they do when they're tired, and the nuzzling. Almost makes me ready to have another one. Almost, but not quite.

And I finally made the call to try to get into sleep school, but how's this, I'm on a waiting list to get a phone call back to simply assess what would be the best solution for us (i guess to determine whether we're a 1 day fixit or a 5 day fixit case). 3 WEEKS!! For a phone call. This is what you get for having a kid when so many other babies are being born I guess. But I'm going a bit mental with it all, he's not giving me any more than 4 hours at a time, and won't settle until I feed him. And I just haven't got the mental strength to listen to him scream in the middle of the night, it just breaks my heart too much. And feeding him just means I get back to sleep earlier, even though I know that it's probably contributing to the problem. I wish there was a magic wand.

Jan, have you heard of the book 'No cry sleep solution'? I got a copy from the library and it's well worth a read if you're not keen on the controlled crying.

Congratulations on your little walking doll V Now she can get things for you! LOL

Haven't had much time lately. Hope all are well and healthy.

Megan76 Guest

Well i have a little devil on my hands this morning! His two top teeth are cutting through so i assume that is part of the problem but he has screamed over everything...bottle, breakfast, changing, banging his head due to climbing on everything, being given panadol.....arrrhh! I think he is just teething and overtired cos i heard him whimpering every half hour from 3am this morning the poor little munchkin. Its going to be a long day!

Will try and pop back later for personals!

Oh and JAN - not sure what sleep school your trying to get into but i know someone who said MASADA private hospital sleep school (in East St Kilda) changed their life!! Maybe look it up if its not the one you're waiting on!
    Last edited by Megan76; April 23rd, 2008 at 09:43 AM.

YAY for Avaleigh V How exciting but abit sad all our bubs are growing up soooooo fast... It feels like bayleigh hasnt even been a baby really

Jan- We had a lady from the council come visit us first My MCHN arranged it and she was great gave me heaps of info to read and so on she told me everything i was doin was right (not talking to him, No lights, Just resettle ) only thing i could do was let him cry .... i to like you cant let him scream but i did the first night he cried for an hour i just went in every 15 mins to resettle him and he ended up goin back to sleep then he woke 2 more times that night but only for 10 mins n put himself back to sleep second night he woke twice i think but only for 10 mins n he put himself back to sleep 3rd night he woke once maybe lol i cant remember to tell you the truth once again he only cried for a short amount of time ithink maybe 5 mins by the 4th night he slept 10 hours striaght n n the next night he slept 11 hours he had a crappy ngiht sunday night as he was wayyy over tired as he didnt get his afternoon snooze sunday but monday ngiht he slept 12 hours n last night he slept 12 also penny asked wat itme i was putting him to bed (730pm) and she said to bring it forward half an hour and see how that goes and it works better then the 730 bed time just means he wakes at 7am but that doesnt worry me as DD alarm goes off about then anyway ..... so maybe ring your MCHN and see if they can organise someone to come out and see you.....

Well yesterday i was a busy lil bee i cooked up a storm i made beef casserole for bayleigh in the slow cooker and it smelt awesome alllllll day tasted even better lol i also did a pasta vegie bake thingy in homemade cheese sauce for him and i cooked a stew for us to have last night for tea and i also made mixed vegies for bayleigh so now i have a freezer draw full of food for him ithink i have 5 different foods for him to have through the week now He better not get bored with it lol
    Also yesterday i rang our local TAFE about doing a photography course.... seen we have just brought a DSLR i thougth i may aswell learn how to use it to the fulliest also when bayleigh gets abit bigger i might get a job out of it so yeah

Well im gunna head off Hope everyone has a good day

Sarah

Hi Everyone
    Jess- welcome back, great to hear from you again
    WOOHOO Avaleigh such a clever girl
    Jan- your cousins bub sounds very cute, bummer about the waiting list for sleep school.
    Megan- Hope your little mans teeth cut through quickly.
    Sarah- Thats great that Bayleigh is sleeping through the night now, you must feel like a new woman. The photography course sounds great. I would love to do one someday too.

Well not much to report here, Tayah is still taking a few steps here and there but so far hasnt taken any more then 3. I have been really busy with uni at the moment, lots of assignments due, so its been hard to find time to get on here. I also have 4 weeks of prac work for uni at a local school starting on the 5th of May, so im getting a little nervous about that. Not looking forward to leaving Tayah everyday for 4 weeks, I know she will be fine, i bet she will cope better than I will.

Hi to anyone i missed

Just thought I'd say HI, and that I am still alive....

Hi ladies

Thankyou all for your warm welcomes

OK i have some news!

SO I had my drs appt yesterday and it went great, he was so fantastic and has everything set up so i can get the support i need. I asked him to do a pg test before i started any meds as we were ttc but stopped to sort out the pnd thing first BUT little did i know......I was already UTD!!! when we made that decision lol My dr rung me himself and told me the news this morning, i had my suspicions but was still shocked but we are now over the moon, and im feeling really positive for the first time in ages I have to go see the Dr again tomorrow and also he has organised me a councellor and a PND support group to join. When he told me i was pregnant he said "now dont stress jess i will personally support you through out your pregnancy and we will get on top of it" he is wonderful! So I am about 5wks 1day and EDD is 23rd December 08!! VERY close to christmas!! had to tell you ladies before anyone else

Nicky- Hi hun, how are you and your little man?

Emma- Sounds like you are going to have a busy few weeks. Yep im sure tayah will be fine too. I haven't been away from ethan longer than 2hrs or so and i dont think it worries him, i feel sad even when dh takes him to the shop lol its so quiet without him!!

Sarah- Yay on all the cooking, i need to do more soon too! I hope bayleigh enjoys it all, sounds yummy to me! Welldone to bayleigh on the sleep to thats fantastic

Megan- hun hope your little devil has had a better afternoon for his mummy.

Sacha- Hi how are you and Autie doing?

Jan- 3WKS!! Wow, thats quite a wait. Hope liams sleep issues improve soon you must be so tired. The waving is so cute hey. Nope no teeth yet but it doesn't look like they will be too far off i dont think, but they have been that way for a bit now, he was super grizzly for most of the day and sooo clingy and off his food.

Veronica- YAY for Avaleigh clever little princess! How exciting, has she exhausted you yet lol have fun with the new milestone.

Well Ethan has been in cloth nappies for 24hrs!! I wanted to use them from the start but im sure now i would never have kept up with the washing He has been getting a bad chaffing type rash on the inner part of his legs where his sposie keeps rubbing so i thought i would make the switch and see how we go, im only using the flat towelling ones atm as i dont want to spend heaps of money on MCN's if its only for a little while.

Well i must go BBL ladies.

wELL i posted in you preg announcement but I just wanted to say congrats in here as well!!!

My study is going great! Thanks for asking! I just booked my final birth so I will be completely qualified within 6weeks!! very exciting and I already have some births booked as a qualified doula!!! sorry i m=have been doing dodgy posts lately! just been busy with doula course and everything, My first client is due in 8days!!! I am so excited but nervous as well!

for all you special ladies i'm thinking about you all!

Thankyou Jas!

Wow you must be so excited, well done. Good luck for the birth in 8 days hun i hope all goes fantastic. You will be great

Oh jess CONGRATULATIONS big hugs to you that is great news ...... also that is great news about your Dr good luck with it all

Jas- How exciting about your first birth You will be great

Well as for us Bayleigh's teeth are coursing him grief very grumpy yesterday and last ngiht he went back to his old sleeping pattern He woke at 11pm after goin to bed at 7pm and he was up every half hour at 1am i couldn't take it so i put him n i in the car and went for an hours drive try and get him to sleep (didnt work) he just screamed so we came home and i slept in his room in DstepS bed had bayleigh in bed with me and he still screamed so we got da panadol out and i had to fight him to take it As he hates panadol (as any kid would) so i finally got him to sleep about 3am and he was up at 3:45 screaming so i tried a bottle and some bonjela it seemed to have worked as he fell back to sleep till 5am then he was up again screaming and he had a slight fever runny nose pulling at his ears so i put more bonjela on his gums n he finally went back to sleep at 6 n woke at 745am he seems to be ok now fever gone runny nose still there but he not screaming which im happy about as soon as we drop DD off at school ill be heading to the chemist to buy more medicine for him as we ran out and then he will be straight back into bed n i think i will be too

well best be off got lunch order to write LOL cant be bothered today

Have a good one

Sarah

CONGRATULATIONS JESS!!! That is so nice what your dr said to you, you will be in good hands. I hope that you have a wonderful pregnancy!! I know its probably early, but are you going to be finding out what you are having?

I am soooo tired today!! Looking after my nephew today too.. better get my morning coffee in to me.

CONGRATULATIONS Jess that is great news
    Sarah- Hope Bayleigh is feeling better soon

CONGRATS JESS!!!! that's very exciting news!!! You are the first from our buddies aren't you?? Hopefully I won't be too far behind....

Well, I have news. But it's a huge surprise and I can't risk it getting out... so everyone must keep it a secret for me.....(ESPECIALLY YOU REBECCA!!! can't have my mum finding out!!!!)

Adam and have decided, we are getting married in September. FINALLY!! after all these years we are getting hitched. We are having a surprise wedding at our engagement party. My folks don't know, and won't until they see me walk in, in my dress. Most things are booked. Going for first dress fitting in 3 weeks..... all pretty exciting. We're not 'technically' engaged as of yet... we are waiting until about July for that to happen, so as to not give anything away.

So.... that's pretty much why I haven't been around heaps. Been very busy. Have only known about it for 3 weeks now...

Anyway, Al going well here. All I hear all day is 'dad dad dad'. We're still having constipation issues ( in a breastfed baby LMAO), but will hopefully have them sorted in the next few weeks.

Other than that same old..... 7th and 8th tooth nearly cut through. and geez it hurts when Lach bites. LOL

Have a good day all. And congrats again Jess!!!

xxoo

Wow! Just jumped on quickly to catch up with posts and so much news! Nicky - that is fantastic news!! I absolutely love the idea of a surprise wedding - and you can do things exactly how you want to without anyone else stressing you out (Long story - my mum turned into Mother of the Bridezilla before our wedding! Super stressful!). Do you have any ideas about your dress yet? You will have to keep us all updated on the details! Does Lachlan almost have 8 teeth already? That would be so cute. Tom only has 2 and i am hoping that's all he ever gets .

Congratulations Jess! It is so exciting! The first of our baby buddies! Your doctor sounds amazing - it would be great knowing you have his support.

Emma - hope all goes well with your placement! Are you putting Tayah in childcare, or with family? The 4 weeks will fly by hopefully! I love your ticker picture. Is Tayah painting? I have been trying to work out what she is doing - i think I can see paint all over her legs. I had a little peek at your website too - not only is Tayah super cute - you are a gorgeous mummy!

Megan - hope little Lucas is doing ok and my heart goes out to you over the feeding! We have had a slight break through over the past few days.. I have been adding a little bit of cow's milk to his bottles and he has been drinking at least 150-200ml every feed.. I know it is probably considered a bad thing to do but I am only adding in 60ml of milk to 120ml-150ml of formula, and using formula on his breakfast instead of cow's milk. He was previously having about 200ml of cows milk on his weetbix so it works out the same amount roughly..and it seems to be working (fingers crossed I haven't jinxed it).

Jan - a few girls in my mum's group had the same problem with sleep school and having to wait 3 weeks for even a phone call. It is so annoying! I think most of them gave up before they got the call! Regarding the whole cooking thing - Tom isn't a fabulous eater either but I have found some of the home cooked dishes, he just loves and really tucks into, which makes me feel like an appreciated mummy!
    For everyone that asked - the chicken balls went down a treat. with DH and his apprentices from work! Tom had a couple but he really just played with them - i think it was the different texture that he enjoyed messing around with but he did get some in his mouth! DH had some of the guys around after work and they tucked into them! They said they were yummy! I have some in the freezer so with try T with them again soon when his father isn't around!

V - I can't believe Avaleigh is walking. Clever girl! I love Sacha's idea of getting her to fetch things for you. Maybe one day you can even teach her how to make toast and coffee!! How have you been going with your job interviews?

Jas - well done on almost reaching your goal of becoming a qualified doula. So exciting for you! What will you do with Noah while you are attending the births?

I know I have missed people.. sorry! I haven't got any exciting news, how boring! Looking forward to the long weekend. We might be going to the races tomorrow - I think my dad has a horse running so I can't wait to show Tom all the horses. If not, will be stuck at home with DS watching the footy. He is a crazy embarassing Pies supporter. Today has been a gorgeous day here which I think might almost be the last of the lovely weather. Tom and I sat outside on the lawn before and i put down some bread for the birds - he went crazy. He was so desperate to catch one.
    Has anyone started to think about Mother's Day yet? I am getting a bit excited about my first proper one. Last year I got a card, but I think DH is a bit panicked about making it special. He keeps asking me when it is and what are my favourite authors. Obviously I am getting some books . Jodi Picoult and Cathy Kelly, by the way!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend. I better go out and take some washing off the line before my teething monster awakes!

Smile

WOW CONGRATS ALL ROUND!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast