Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #7

Default Babies Born July 2007 #7

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Hi girls - i hope i am not crashing your thread. i have been reading it and thought i would drop in and say hi. My name is Em and i posted a few times with you girls in the pregnancy buddies section. Tom was born on the 17/7 by c-section, as he was breech. So far it has all been a big learning experience - but lots of fun too! Tom also has reflux which we slowly controlling with medication. He is sleeping really well at night, although last night he woke at 4am which was a shock to the system!
    Look forward to getting to know you all . Em x

Hi Em and welcome to the group. We would love to have you join us - the more the merrier. Looking forward to getting to know you and Tom.

I had a girl (Charlotte) on 9 July - she is my third (i already have two boys) so life is very busy but its all good!

It is still a learning experience for me too and this is third time around!!

Hi Em welcome, I'm sure you will find everyone in here very helpful and very nice too.
    I had Jack on the 1st of July and I also have a daughter Charlize born May last year. I'm also learning new things. Jack also has reflux, what meds is Tom on? Jack did try Zantac but wouldn't swallow it, so he has been on Losec for about 5 weeks now, and he is so much better. Look forward to getting to know you.

Well everyone, I'm sorry for always sooking to you all, you must get so tired of hearing it, but now DH and Jack are sick and I think I'm coming down with it too. I still haven't managed to pack anymore boxes since last week. Luckily mum is going to take Charlee for the day today and probably night too, so I can try and get some done. Although I'm tempted to try and catch up on some sleep while she is away, naughty hey, but I'm just soooo tired.

Again, thanks for listening, I'm sorry to pass on all my crap, but it makes me feel better to tell someone. SORRY

Hope you all well. Take care.

Hi Mel -poor you. You guys have had it tough lately. I hope you manage to get a bit of rest today as well as getting some packing done. I bet you are soooooo looking forward to moving into your new house so you can forget about packing boxes and just concentrate on setting up a new home.

BTW - we dont mind you venting! Go for it.
    take care
    Jem

Mel you have nothing to fear - why else are we all hear - to let out our crap and hopefully someone out there has just the right shovel to help us with it - bad metaphor i know but i'm tired - oh sooooooooo tired

welcome Em & Tom - hope anything you've read so far has helped - i'm a first time mum too - scares me to death everyday and yet i can't get enough of it

Thanks everyone for the needle and flying info - i only going away for a week (my cousins getting married and michael is yet to meet his great grandparents so it's a little adventure) i might give the doc a call and see what he says

well ladies i'm off for another wonderful day with my son - i love this age they do new stuff everyday

OOOh Zy just rolled from tummy to back!!! hee hee he scared himself too!!!!

Yey for Zyon. I forgot to ask Tracey, how is his reflux going?

Hi all,

Welcome to the newies, and just a quicky 'cause I'm pushing my luck Xaves been happy for a while and I've squeezed the shower in and now he's getting cranky.

Hair cut was fantastic, all 3 hours of it. And I feel great now, with brand new hair.

Well done zy on rolling over!!

Bye

Megan76 Guest

WOW i cannot keep up!!

Lucas managed to go from 8pm till 5am this morning which was a bit better but i am still so buggered!!

Does anyone else have any problems with the pram? Lucas is screaming every time we go for a walk lately it is doing my head in!! Also, anyone got any tips to get babies to sleep in prams when you are out? At the moment Lucas will not sleep anywhere but his cot and it makes it so hard to go anywhere cos we have to hold him the whole time....coupled with the fact he will not go to anyone else without crying. Oh the joys!

Sorry for the lack of personals and the abundance of whinging!!

Megan76 Guest

Just read my post and it sounds so negative! He really is adorable just has some quirks at the moment that are frustrating me!!

Megan76 Guest

Another question...has anyone else got a catnapper???

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

hi girls

Hi to all of the newbies and welcome!

Mel, I know how hard it is to move at this stage babe, so whinge away!

woohoo for Zy on rolling over well done little man!

Well we seem to be coming to the end of our little BF hiccup, I am so relieved, and looking onwards with it now, as of tomorrow Angus is my longest BF baby, so I am really proud of that achievement.

Well I had better go and get stuff done, I am out tonight, tomorrow night, friday night and Sat morn with client appts and now on call for my last training birth, so after this birth I am a fully qualified Doula! Woohooooooo

Megan, both of mine were and are short sleepers. Charlee would always be wake for 1hr sleep 1hr or 45mins etc. And Jack is great he will sleep pretty much anywhere anytime, which is a blessing. So he is happy to sleep 15mins or 1hr. And sorry haven't hd much troubles with either of them sleeping in the pram. But out of curiosity, is he still wrapped? If he is maybe he would want to be wrapped in pram also. Or maybe a nice soft blanket or pram liner to lay on might help????. But I just normally push pram back and forth and they nod off normally without to much of a fight. And have you tried covering the pram up with a wrap or something so he can't see anything to stimulate him, this worked really well with Charlee but saying that Jack is the opposite he loves to watch things as he drifts off. Sorry I couldn't be much of help.

Snap Relle, woooooo hoooooo about being a fully qualified doula. Congrats i know you'll make the best doula out there.

Mel,
    Zy hasnt needed any meds for about 3wks!? When we arrived in Bali we forgot a few times to give him the Zantac & he was fine so I kinda stopped & he's heaps better, he is a catnapper during the day tpp, unless he's in the HAB, but so much happier than before!!!!

How is Jack?

Relle - Two big woohoos for you on becoming a fully qualified doula and for breast feedng Angus for this long. YAY.

Megan - I was going to suggest exactly what mel did re getting Lucas to sleep in the pram so SNAP!! I wrap Charlotte in the pram and put a cover over it if I am wanting her to sleep for any length of time or else she just cat naps. As far as her day sleeping habits go she has had to be very flexible in that often I am taking her to the different things the boys have on so she is being pulled in and out of the car and therefore only catnaps. If I am home more of then than not I can get her to have a decent sleep in the morning and arvo. But in saying that there are days where I want to pull my hair out as she only drifts off for short bursts.

Tracey - yay for Zy rolling

Mel - did your mum come and take Charlee?
    BTW I am eating cookies and cream icecream as we speak. I feel so guilty but I cant stop eating it yet I complain almost daily that I cant get rid of my tummy rolls!

Hi,

Tracey that's great news about the not needing medication.

Relle, congrats on the fully qualified doula.

Megan I normally have a cat napper, but he's a sleepy head today. I think it's the heat. We only have problems sleeping in the pram if he's hungry, otherwise as long as it's moving he's fine. How is Lucas in the car?
    Xavier does turn cranky in the pram if he's too hot hth

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast