Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July - December 2004 #3

TDBear Guest

Smile

Hi girls,
    Just a quick note to say I hope you all have a really lovely Mothers Day and that those falla's really show the little ones how special you are!
    For those TTC, hang in there! I'm thinking of you!

DH has all but the bub with him down the street as i type!
    I so love Mothers Day!

Have a great weekend,
    Love TDBear.

Happy Mothers day right back at ya TDBear! Hope you hve a great day.

I know there are not much in the way of pressies this year, not much cash and all LOL, but I have a new fridge so not too worried. My gf got a plasma screen!!! Lucky her LOL

Happy mothers day to all!
    cheers Michelle

Kellee Guest

Woah, Michelle, a plasma screen! I don't even think I'll get flowers or anything. I remember that DH thought I didn't make a big enough deal out of it when he gave me flowers the day after Charlie was born. Well EXCUSE ME if I've just been through 17 hours of labour and I'm a bit tired! Silly men. A fridge is pretty cool though (sorry, bad joke!) so you've done pretty well.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I hope that you are all spoiled rotten and that you have a lovely day.

i hope everyone has a great day too & at least a little time to themselves for a relax
    i was quite surprised that ex DP bought me an huge george foreman grill - so now i can cook without worrying about the gas catching fire here!
    i am going with my family down to mooloolaba spit so the kids can play in the park & also at the beach & we get to have a yummy seafood picnic

Kellee Guest

What a nice thing for ex DP to do! Hope Eliana behaves for you (as I hope Charlie behaves for me!) and that you have a great time at the beach. That picnic sounds yummy!

mooshie Guest

hi girls

happy mothers day

melbee - i love it down at mooloolaba spit - have fun btw that was nice of ex to buy you a pressie

kellee - you still around lol, lol at not getting excited about flowers after 17hrs labour

michelle - hope you are have a nice day

tdbear - i like that idea of having all the kids off your hands, have a nice day

hi to everyone else and hope you are having a lovely day.

i have had a nice day jay didn't get up till 8am and lani 8.30am which was great (she is knackered as we went to a party yesterday) anyway i got my slippers i wanted and also jay got me a pot and gardening gloves and bits and pieces from the mothers day stall, very cute however i don't garden, i think he got them more for him pmsl.

i didn't get brekky in bed cause had mum and dad come over and dh and dad cooked breakfast we had bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes done on the bbq with hollandaise sauce and couisants and champagne followed my cappacino's twas very yummy.

i think dh and ds are cooking dinner for me, i am spending most of my day trying to get the washing done and dry i would leave it usually but it is dh work gear and ds school uniform that needs to be done - why oh why does our school have a white uniform the cuffs are black not to mention the stains left by mud from playing footy on the oval - spraying with stain remover then 3 days of soaking in napisan oxy then washing twice still has not got them clean - arrhhhhhhhh think i will did the sleeves into bleech lol.

have a great day
    chat soon

i was quite suprised by the grill - he has made more effort this year than last! he even went out this morning (he is up here staying so he gets to see eliana as i know he wouldn't cope with her by himself) & got he papers & yummy things from the bakery, got me nice card that he traced eliana's hand into & actually helped out alot with her - he went back to bris to see his mum & eliana & i had a great time - she loves playing with her cousins & the park was good - eliana loved the beach & squealed at the water even when it knocked her over - i should take advantage of living so close to the beach more often i just take it for granted

michelle - sounds like you have had a great day - lol at jay getting you gardening things! hope your dinner was yum - im too buggered to cook & eliana has been asleep since 3:30pm!

Kellee Guest

Mooshie - what an awesome Mother's Day! The brekky sounds yummy and yay for your sleep in! Hope you had a nice dinner too. Good luck with ttc this month - how do you think you went?

Mel - sounds like you had a great day too. LOL at ex DP not being able to cope on his own! Men...

Hope that everyone had a lovely Mother's Day. Ours was ok, I suppose. Until the kids are older I think the emphasis will still be on my mum and MIL, but I'm looking forward to the day I get breakfast in bed! But I hope it happens more than once a year...

Off to see if any other May ladies have gone into labour and then an early night. Have a lovely Monday, everyone.

mooshie Guest

hey kellee, gotta watch my son lol, he wanted to give me nutri grain for breakfast in bed with his milk (soya milk blerrgh) lol, luckily i had to get up cause my parents were coming around.

dinner was lovely, pretty plain just chicken schniztels with vegies but hey it was soooooooo cool i didn't even go into the kitchen i just laid down in front of the fire and read the paper BLISS

btw ttc = arhh who knows, i think every month maybe my month - thought i was in for a chance but ff took away my coverline, just guess i will wait and see what happens, tho if af arrives she better come before 26th may - thats when i am going for my annual girls weekend away = full on spa treatments etc etc, so bad to do that if i have af - arhhh.

anyway hope you all had a lovely day and i will update with personals soon.

Sounds like Mothers day went well for most, that is so good!
    Hi Michelle, I have missed you! Sounds like a lovely day, gotta love kids making brekky.
    Mel- lucky you and good on ex dp for being a good man!
    Kellee- you're right about Mothers day getting better when the kids get older.

I got up at 8am cos IO wanted to embroider towels and facewashers for MIL and my mum for Mothers day and hadn't had a chance yesterday cos we went out. Bf I could start though I had to dew out 7 designs so I could work out what I wanted. That took over an hr. And I finally finished everything at about 2pm, and I didn't even stop for lunch. The I had to drive all over town to find mothers day cards for both of them cos I was slack and didn't get them earlier. That'll teach me for being slack. I got a Xyron sticker machine (I brought that for myself), Jordan got me from the mothers day stall, a glass bowl with a glass bird next to it, a glass paperweigth with a unicorn imprint inside, a little angel (glass again, a worry angel), Josh got me a hairbrush and nail kit and some makeup brushes, Jemma made me a bookmark at kinder. Arron gave me a card which said You got a fridge for Mothers Day and I was really a bit upset. I know mothers day isn't about money but the kids spent $16 at the mothers day stall and the other thing cost me $30. Now I always spend enough to get arron some really cool stuff and I had said that if he didn't have the money I was happy for him to make a voucher so I can go shopping cos I need clothes, and he didn't. So I had a sook about it. Seems shallow I guess but he made NO effort. Not even with his own mothers pres, I told him this morning when he went out to get her a plant and he didn't, meaning I had to, plus I had the towel and facewasher. So if I hadn't done that he would have had nothing for her. He is going to give me the $200 for shopping later when we have it but it's not the point, I felt like he really didn't give a **** cos he put no thought into it, although he did get cards this year that said Happy mothers day instead of Merry Xmas or Happy bday.

Only got home from mums at 10.20pm, MIL dropped in here about 5pm and we went to mums and had tea.

Anyway I hope the rest of you had a lovely day
    hugs Michelle

mitch - sorry arron wasnt more thoughtful - it doesnt take alot of effort (im still suprised by richards effort) even if he got you something little to go with the fridge plus he gets to use the fridge too!! at least the kids got you some cute things - the towels you are doing sound great - will have to keep them in mind as i hadnt thought of it for anyone cept kids!

kellee - i too am looking forward to when eliana is older & can get something herself for me - im pretty sentimental so things like that will mean alot - not too more many days left till you are a family of 4!!!!!

mooshie - hearing about jay still makes me smile, his little gardening set & breakie with his milk lol - dinner where i dont have to go into the kitchen would be bliss

not having an overly exciting day - just putting away washing & need to sort through eliana's clothes & paak away the more summery ones that might fit next summer & then need to get my a**e into gear & list the rest on ebay - we were out with the horse before & the chickens get into their paddock & eliana chases them - well she chased a chicken towards a horse & dont think ive seen a horse move out of the way faster (he's 14 so not real fast) its my dad's bday today so will be going over to my parents after school time with eliana's cousins
    hope everyone is having a great day

Kellee Guest

Michelle - silly men. See, the thing is that they don't realise that thoughtful (not necessarily expensive, either) presents and housework is the best foreplay that they could probably ever provide us, so it's their loss, really! My DH didn't get me anything either, but he did spend 2 days making the downstairs area clean, organised and baby-proof (it looked like a bomb had hit it and I just couldn't deal with it), so I suppose that's something nice. I hope that Aaron has learned his lesson. IKWYM about MIL though - Tom wouldn't have thought to get his Mum anything if it weren't for me. *sigh* At least your kids got you some lovely stuff. How cute! Hope you're having a better day today.

Mel - had to laugh at the horse! I can understand his fear, as Eliana looks like such a scary girl! Not! That would be so cute to see. Good girl organising her clothes though - that's such a big job. I hope you have some luck on eBay. I just remembered how much I love eBay - I have 2 DVDs that I'm bidding for atm (so far I'm winning) for Charlie, and they're so much cheaper than new, AND I don't have to go out looking for them!

Had a big day today (for 9 month pregnant me, anyway). Went shopping to buy Charlie a present (a Thomas train) for when the baby comes. He's going to 'give' the baby his teddy bear that he used to love (he has two other ones now that he likes better) and the baby will 'give' him the train. I got all teary at the shops thinking about what that will be like! Tried to find some new teats (apparently Avent have some good ones) and the breast pads I used to use, but they are hard to find! Will have a look on my own when DH has a day off on Wednesday. Dr appt tomorrow, then getting the mattresses and lounges steamcleaned, then packing my hospital bag on Wednesday (I'm in denial!) and then No. 2 can come whenever he wants. Can't believe it's so close! BTW, can't remember if I told you about DH having trouble getting leave even though he put in for it in JANUARY... well, he found out today that he can't get any until 3rd JULY. Can you believe it? That means that the baby could be anything between 4 and 6 weeks old before DH gets some time off. I HATE his work. I am so angry about it, but I suppose we will just have to deal with it. Thank god my mum is a legend and is close by or I think I would probably go mental. If any of you who have two kids have any advice about what to do in the first few weeks, and how to cope, I would love to hear it!

Anyway, to top off my busy day I have to go and do a recording now... I'm so tired, but we need the money so I can't complain. Hope you're all having a lovely day.

TDBear Guest

Wow Kellee! not long at all till the family has a new member.
    How anoying DH has had trouble getting time off when the baby is due? Your mum will be a real help and Im sure she will love to be involved.
    Way to go with giving Charlie a gift from bubs. We did the same with all of ours but when #6 was born the kids all got a specially made up goody bag with lollies and other little things that they could play with at the hospital. The kids really loved it.
    Mothers day was great with lots of hugs, kisses and a gift from each! wow! I feel blessed!
    Good to see others had a special day too!
    BFN

TDBear

Hi guys

I haven't been in here for ages. Not much to report really (my life is so boring lol). Grace had her chickenpox needle today but she was a champ and it hasn't had any side effects which is good.

Glad Mother's Day was good for everyone - mine was good too, even though DH wasn't here - he is away working- and I had to buy my own present! But I did get flowers which was nice.

Kellee - I can't believe you are 38 weeks already. I wish I could offer you some helpful advice about the first few weeks but the truth is I can't remember much about Grace's first weeks at home! DH was off work which helped a lot. We did settle into a gentle routine after a while. Of course you will be tired but if you catch some rest when you can that will help. Take advantage of your mum! I know I did at first.

I will try not be so slack about posting from now on...

Hello girls,

well, no presents for me on mother's day, but I didn't think I would get anything and I don't mind. I managed to send flowers to my mom and MIL though (funny that we all seem to be in charge of making DH look good on mother's day to their mothers, huh?) and they were both stoked... that makes me happy.

Wolf is talking so much - he said "Teddy gone" the other day (pointed at Zara's cot where her teddy was missing) and "Car wet" when he had gotten his toy car wet. I was so amazed.

He just brought all his soft toys from his cot to Zara ... he is such a cutie!

Love

Snowy

Kellee Guest

Bon glad to see youre still going well, and congrats on the pg too! Im not sure if I have already congratulated you on that. Hows it going? Not too much m/s I hope.

Snowgirl what a good daughter and daughter in law you are! And sounds like Wolf is really coming along with the talking how cute! Sounds like hes a very good big brother too, sharing his toys.

Not much happening here. Still playing the waiting game and Im BORED of it already. Will be jumping on DH later to see if that helps, but I doubt it. I feel like Ill be pg forever! Anyway, hope you are all well.

Snowy you are a good girl, giving presents to both Mums. Shame you got nothing though, even something small.

Bon- hi and hope things are going well with your pg, do you get any sleep at all during the day?

Kellee- hopefully things start early rather than late, were you late with Charlie?

Jess is full up with the cold and chucked this morning, she just wanted to hug and snuggle today. Hopefully she feels better tomorrow

have a good one
    Michelle

Hi girls, haven't been on much lately, getting over this stupid cold/cough with the help of nothing but butter menthols! Feeling heaps better now, thank goodness, as I am arranging a suprise 30th for DH on Saturday and am starting to panic!

Mothers Day - well, DH was working, so I visited both our mums. Oh yes, I am in charge of present buying, and MIL always comments on "how thoughtful" DH is to remember she likes whatever it is that I bought her. DH actually rang me from work on Sunday morning before he rang his mum to ask what "he'd" bought her again! Anyway, when he got home I got a lovely bunch of service station flowers, lol, but got taken out for lunch on Monday which made up for it.

Mitch, hope Jess is a bit better today, poor little gal!

Kellee, sending lots of labour vibes your way! Can't believe it's that time already! Thanks for reminding me about the gift from the baby, that is something I still have to do for Kaleb. We finally moved him into his new room on Monday night, and there were no dramas, so that was good. Have been washing all the baby's sheets/towels/clothes to get her room ready now, and it feels so bizarre having all this pink stuff, I feel like I'm in a game of pretend or something! I can't believe that about DH's holidays, that really sucks that employers would do that, especially when he gave them so much notice!

Snowy, Wolf sounds like such a little sweetie, Zara is lucky to have such a lovely big brother!

Lovely to hear from you Bon & I hope your pregnancy is progressing well.

Nothing much else happening here, just taking advantage of DH being on holidays this week to indulge in nesting activites. Kaleb loves having his Dad around, so I get lots of time to myself, which is wonderful!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast