Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July - December 2004 #4

Default Babies Born July - December 2004 #4

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July to December 2004

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    SherieB - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

July - December 2004

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Kellee
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 12th August, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Charles (Charlie)
    Baby's Website n/a
    Health Concerns: n/a
    Notes: Having sleeping problems, but am on the way to fixing them. Crawling, sitting up on his own, hates solids (so far!) but will keep persevering!

Forum Name: Melinda
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 18 August 2004
    Baby Name(s): Jacob Laurance
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born via emergency caesarean. 8lb 6oz, 51cm long, H/C 35cm

Forum Name: Rose
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 27th August, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Amelia Jane
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/r/roseamelia
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Struggles to eat fruit. Gets constipated easily.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Induced labor.6hrs.

Forum Name: mitch4now - michelle
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 2nd Sept 2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Jessica Brodie Jayde
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jessica4th
    Health Concerns: noticed slight turning of eye, was seen by RCH and they were happy all is fine, will go back early 2006 for check up.
    Notes: Jessica was born 2 days early, totally natural and drug free labour. Is very advanced with walking etc, just wants to upset her mother LOL
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Dachlostar
    State: New South Wales
    Baby's DOB: 25th October, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Yasin Ramadan
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/y/yasin/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) milk/hormone rash
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

Forum Name: *Tegan*
    Baby's DOB: 11 December 2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lily May Ellen
    Baby's Stats: 9lb 7oz, 50cms long, head 35cms
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lilymayellen
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: 1 week overdue, induced due to pre-eclampsia, 5 hour labour, vacuum extraction used due to Shoulder Dystocia.

Forum Name: *Jo*
    Baby's DOB: 11 December 2004
    Baby Name(s): Kaleb John
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Posterior, c/s
    Last edited by Astrolady; June 6th, 2006 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Removal of those that haven't posted since April 2006

mooshie Guest

Smile

hi girls

sorry haven't posted in here for a while, but i have been reading everything - sounds like everyone is doing really well. i have been to busy self absorbed in the ttc 6+ thread and posting heaps of questions re charting and opk's - but i have officially had enough of it now.

just a quick post as i am waiting on dh to get home and then i am off - yes am off on our annual girls weekend away, going to daylesford this arvo and coming home on sunday night should be pure bliss, packed my togs for the spa lol, have kahlua, red wine, heaps of chocolate and of course marshmallows for the fire. also got heaps of manicure and pedicure stuff so we can pamper ourselves ad i have splashed out and got a hair dye with tinting - going from blonde to reddish colour should be interesting and one of the girls is a hairdresser so she is going to cut my hair to. can't wait am hanging to leave lol - there are 6 of us and we plan on making it a good time. tommorrow we are off to the day spa for a day of luxurious pampering (jealous yet lol = so sorry)

i will miss the kids especially lani boohoo but she probably won't even know i have gone.

have a great weekend and i will catch up next week

ps kellee i hope that you have your little boy over the weekend, good luck and labour vibes if you are accepting them (which i am sure you are)

Oh gee - have i never posted my details here?

Forum Name: Snowgirl
    State: currently in London (home is Manly, Sydney)
    Baby's DOB: 21 Nov 2004
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Wolf Patrick
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/snowmonkey
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: induced due to bad heart rate of bubba, heart rate got worse, emergency c-section

Wolf is sick again,... arrrrrrrrg, constantly it seems. Nose running, coughing, conjunctivitis... poor munchkin. Am seeing the paed in 10 days so either he'll be better again and get his meningokokken shot or we'll get some medication for whatever it is he has (gawd, i pray not another bronchitis)
    He's talking so much ... it's wonderful! Unfortunately he still hasn't grown out of this biting stage. He never bites when angry or frustrated, just when he goes a bit crazy when we play .. .but it hurts nevertheless... Very frustrating.

Michelle - enjoy your girls' weekend!!!nSounds lovely!

Snowy

Yay Michelle I have missed you not being around. ealousy is very strong from me, have a super time you deserve the break, sounds just divine.

Snowy lol at you never being in the top, I hadn't noticed, but glad you're there now. Poor Wolf, I hope they figure something out for his illness, poor little man must drive him nuts.

Can't believe we finally filled a thread LOL

Kellee hope your mum has a nice bday and the dinner sounds yum pmsl at nothing happening, its always the way, stop caring about when and maybe it will happen.

My cousin had her litlle boy, his name Is Jayden Nicholas and he was 3500gms. So exciting for my aunty her 2nd grandchild this year and they got a pink and a blue.

very tired so will boot off have a great weekend girls
    michelle

Kellee Guest

Mooshie - you lucky bugger! Hope you have a fabulous weekend. I'm so jealous! Enjoy the time without the kids, although I know it's hard to switch off completely. I hope ttc works this month! Thanks for the labour vibes - I am CERTAINLY accepting them. The more the merrier!

Snowy - poor little Wolf. Do you think him getting sick has anything to do with the cold weather over there, or doesn't it make a difference? Ouch at the biting - he'll probably get bored of it eventually and stop. Fingers crossed!

Mitch - yeah, I'm trying not to care when it happens. He really dropped last night - I have never felt a baby so low, I don't remember Charlie being that low until I was in labour, so hopefully that's a good sign. Congrats to your cousin, too! And btw, how do you manage to stay up so late at night? I turn into a zombie after ten, so I always make sure I'm in bed by then. I'm sure growing another person has something to do with it. Hope you're able to have a bit of a relax this weekend to compensate for being a single parent a fair bit this week.

Off for a nap in case something happens tonight. Hope you're all having a rad weekend.

Kellee - I hope something happens soon for you. Sending you heaps of labour vibes!

Mitch - Congratz to your cousin on her little boy!

Snowy - Poor Wolf, i hope he is better soon.

Michelle - I'm very jealous of you! But i hope you have a great weekend!

Well yesterday we went to the Newcastle Show. Lily loved it, especially the farm animals. Got her out of her pram so she could walk around and pat all the animals. She loved the goats in particular, kept laughing when she patted them. Didn't like the pigs much(dont blame her lol) but loved the ponies. She has a few my little pony's and just loved the fact she could see a real one. There is a farm near here that has all the animals and you can go into the pens etc and feed them and pat them, so might take her next weekend.

Also, i'm not worried about her not talking anymore. She can say hello now but is understanding so much now then she did a few weeks ago. She knows what a ball is and a pony and a few other things. She also knows how to blow her nose, it's gorgeous. Only thing is she jst doesnt blow hard enough for anything to happen lol. The thing i'm trying to get her to say is 'ta' when she takes things from us, she knows that it is but is too stubborn to say it and everytime i try to get her to she'll chuck a tanty.

Good thing is though, her tantys arn't as bad now. Bad thing is, she still has an attachment problem to Jacob and now has one to me aswell, which is difficult sometimes. I just don't know what to do when Jacob has to go off to Adelaide for air force training for 10 weeks, she's going to go mental and i'm also going to have a newborn aswell!

Kellee Guest

Hey Tegan. Sounds like you had a great time at the show. I'm looking forward to taking Charlie to Australia Zoo when DH has some time off when the baby is born. We don't even have a dog at home, so he goes crazy whenever he sees animals! She'll talk when she wants to - if she's understanding everything that's the main thing. Charlie is going through a clingy thing atm too - hopefully it's just a stage they go through. Yay for the decrease in tanties too! An idea about the 'ta' thing - Charlie can't say ta yet, but he can say Nan, bub and a few other things, so my Mum has been making him say 'Nan' when he wants something instead of grizzling for it. Works for her (haven't tried it myself yet). I bet once they start talking we'll wish they hadn't! Do you have some family support close by for when Jacob goes away? You'll be fine I'm sure - vent in here whenever you like.

Charlie woke up sick today - was actually sick a couple of times but he seems to be feeling a bit better now. I'm making him stay still (as still as I can make him!) because I want to himto rest and recover properly so I've got a whole heap of DVDs from the video shop. Does anyone else want to murder a Wiggle? LOL I got a cartoon of The Cat In The Hat (Charlie's favourite book) and it's so funny. It looks like it was made in the 60s or 70s by a whole heap guys who were sitting around high on something! We watched Spot too, and there's an episode where Spot is trying to find out what a particular smell is. In the process he ends up sniffing some paint and some furniture polish, so Tom and I have called that episode "Spot Goes On A Bender". These people are nuts.

Anyway, better go and take care of my poor boy. I bet my body won't let me go into labour until Charlie is well again, so let's hope he gets better soon! Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

kellee - i can so relate to murdering a wiggle cept mine is a member of hi5 that drives me insane!!! i taped hi5 when it was on tv so have 6 hours on a tape but it is my life saver as eliana loves it & without another pair of hands here gives me a break from time to time - anyway this weekend she has been crappy - think she is cutting her eye teeth plus has a runny nose - watching hi5 was wearing a bit thin so i suggested we watch the wiggles - her dad said why change it its not that bad - only cause he admitting to perving on the girls & it wouldnt be the same watching the wiggles!!!

tegan - how cute lily was with the animals - eliana loves them too & its great to watch them interact - that's good she is saying more & hopefully she will be over her clingyness by the time jacob goes away

mitch - congrats on the new baby in the family - hope you had a great weekend & that your SIL wasn't too painful

snowy - bummer about wolf's cold - how he going as a big brother? at least it will be coming into summer soon so i hope he is feeling better soon

mooshie - your weekend away sounds fab - hope you had an awesome time & that the kids survived without you

richards mum came up today to spend some time with eliana - she arrived with a red wagon for eliana so was very excited to be able to pull her toys around - we went down to mooloolaba spit & it was sooooooooo hot - eliana loved chasing the seagulls & had a splash around before eating some chips - at least she is sleeping well tonight - she has had a bit of runny nose so im hoping it will go away & that i dont catch it!

ps forgot to say to kellee - why are you in labour!!!!

Kellee Guest

Mel - oh yes, I REFUSED to let Charlie watch Hi5 after I saw one of my cousins get hooked on it a few years ago. I just don't think I could stand it. I try to encourage him to watch Sesame Street if anything because the music is AWESOME. They actually have fabulous professional musicians, composers and producers so as a muso myself I find that I tolerate it much better! It's a standard thing for musicians to spontaneously play Sesame Street and Muppets songs (like that counting one that you probably all remember from when we were kids), so I love it! Sounds like you and Eliana had a great weekend. It's wonderful that you still have such a good relationship with XDP and his family - that's great from Eliana. Wish I lived near the beach too - sounds like fun.

Don't know why I'm not in labour yet, Mel, thanks for asking! Not happy, Jan. Soon, I'm sure, but it doesn't feel like it will ever end.

Charlie is feeling much better today - that illness was weird. It really only lasted for the morning because once he had a big afternoon sleep he was fine. It's happened once before too about six months ago, and it disappeared just as quickly. I suppose I should be grateful, bit it's odd!

Well, Mum is coming over today to see if there's anything left for us to clean. I doubt there is though - I think it's all been done and we'll just have to sit around twiddling our thumbs *sigh*. Hope you all have a lovely day.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post to send lots of labour vibes to Kellee (was my b'day yesterday so was hoping you may have had bubs then but it doesnt look that way?!).

Hope all the bubs are well.

Happy Birthday for yesterday Jess! Hope you had a great day!

Kellee - glad to hear Charlie is feeling better, now there is nothing stopping you going into labour! Hope things start happening for you soon, dying to see the announcement on here! LOL at "Spot on a bender", that is hilarious, I'll have to get that one out myself!

Mel, hope Eliana's runny nose doesn't progress any further. Eye teeth are being cut here too, seems like all of them at once after no new teeth for ages. I am so jealous of you hanging out at the spit, I love it up there!

Tegan, glad to hear Lily is doing well with her understanding..sounds like she had a great time at the show! Kaleb goes nuts over animals when he sees them, except his favourite is actually pigs (strange boy!) Re the ta thing - I try very hard to get Kaleb to say this when he takes things from us, but he won't...instead he just goes "ta, ta, ta" and points when he wants something. Hmmm, not sure how to turn that around.

Mitch, congrats on the new member of the family, how nice for your aunty to have 2 in one year! Hope you had a good weekend.

Snowy, sorry to hear about Wolf being ill, poor little guy. Hope he is on the mend. How are you going with the two of them ... remember Kellee and I will be all ears to any tips you may have!

Mooshie, hope you had a fantastic weekend, can't wait to hear how it went!

Things are pretty quiet here...still waiting for the hospital to ring & give me a date for my c/s...knowing them they've lost my form or something, I've had a gutful of being stuffed around by them lately. Getting fed up with this pg (sorry Kellee, I know you must be 10,000x more over it than me) but can't sleep, too painful. Sorry for all the whingeing! Kaleb is going well, he has had a big word-learning spurt the last few days, and has suddenly started learning all his animal noises too. Maybe because I'm too lazy to do anything ATM, we spend a lot of time sitting down looking at picture books!

Kellee Guest

Thanks for the LV Jess! Keep 'em coming...

Jo - yay for Kaleb learning new words! That so cute. Don't underestimate the power of books - I expect to be reading a LOT of them over the next few weeks while I recover and can't be bothered getting off the couch! It's good that your little man loves books - it's so good for the future. DH and I devour them so it was only natural that Charlie can't get enough of them. I'm in need of some more Dr Suess - they're definitely Charlie's favourite. Don't worry about whinging about the pg - I've been doing it all along too! I can't imagine having 3 weeks to go, so whinge away! I hope they've called you with your c/s date... are you having one this time because you had one last time?

Anyway, off for a walk. Haven't left the house today and there's nothing to eat, so we need to get something for dinner. Walking is supposed to be good for inducing labour too - although I'm certainly not holding my breath. Hugs and kisses to you and your bubs.

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

i'm back, had a great relaxing weekend but strangly enough was glad to come home, can you believe i burst into tears when i walked in the front door and saw the kids - i was so happy to be home lol. i was so tired and emotional (didn't get to bed before around 4am on both nights) but all was lovely

kellee - i see no action on the weekend, looks like you may be having a winter baby. have you an induction date? or is your doc just happy to keep going. i log on all the time looking for your announcement.

michelle - hi there, congrats on a new baby in the family. we had one too lol, my cousins wife had their first baby last night (11lb) omg makes your eyes water lol. hope the kids are all well

jo - hope you get your date soon. lol on kaleb learning all the animal noises - too cute, just watch the monkey one for some reason everytime i ask lani her name (and she knows how to say lani) she tickles herself and makes monkey noises lol i honestly don't know where it came from. children are so like sponges at this age, they just absorb everything it really is interesting to see how they learn, you can almost see their minds ticking away

jessica - happy birthday, hope you had a nice day. how is the ttc going your end. my end is hopeless so i have given everything the flick - only thing i have now is some fertility crystals i brought whilst i was away i reckon i have just as good a chance as falling prg with them under my pillow as charting (like ff knows my body phft - i don't so much like ff anymore it was starting to rule me iykwim)

mel - hope elianna's eye teeth don't cause to much trouble. lani cut one of her bottom ones last week and the other is nearly there - HOORAY then only the 2yr old molars to go. lol at the kids show - lani loves hi-5 my other 2 didn't like them at all but were into the wiggles, lani hates the wiggles lol she runs away when i put them on - i have 1 hi5 video and i have i reckon every single wiggles video lol - maybe a potential ebay listing lol. so nice the mooloolaba spit, arhh you make me so jealous that you can take elianna down to the beach like that - such a beautiful place.

tegan - very cute with lily and the animals. wow your preg seems to be flying along (oh congrats on the little boy too) hope you are feeling good and have enough energy to chase lily around

snowy - hi there, sounds like things are going well over there. poor wolf being sick, its just the pits isn't it, especially when you have a baby to care for as well - it is amazing how much mothers can spread themselves around their children.

well hello to everyone else - i can't go back any further and this post is already too long but i just needed to do some personals (was feeling a bit rude)

hope you are all well and bubba's are doing just great.

Hi everyone, sorry for being so slack about posting. I'm still not quite on top of having 2 babies but I'm far better adjusted now than a couple of weeks ago.

Kellee, I hope you've had your by now. I haven't checked the birth announcements today so I'd best toddle off there next. If you're looking for stuff for your Mum to clean you can send her over here. My security system at the moment is that if anyone breaks in they'll look around and think that someone else has jsut finished doing the place over and leave LOL.

Snowy, I hope Wolf gets better soon. Its awful when they're sick. We has to take Yasin to hospital on saturday night because he had Croup. It was really scary - we put him to bed with a bit of a runny nose and he woke up at 11 freaking out because he could hardly breathe. Luckily they can fix it really quickly so he was almost as good as new in just a couple of hours.
    DH would sympaphise about Wolf's biting, Yasin bit him on the nose the other day.

Mel, I hope Eliana's teeth come through quickly and don't cause you too much grief. I'm trying to get Yasin interested in the Wiggles but he never watches for more than a minute before deciding that he wants to play with his kitten. He tried to copy him yesterday and lick his bum but toppled over instead. The look on his face was just priceless.

Tegan, it sounds like you had a great time at the show. I'm so glad to hear that you're not stressing about Lily talking now. They say that seperation anxiety usually peaks at 18 months so hopefully it will start to improve soon.

Michelle, I'm glad you had a great weekend away, its always nice to come home isn't it. I hope your crystals work better than FF and we see a BFP soon. LOL at Lani's monkey noises - how cute.

We got Yasin a new kitten called Mr Bigglesworth. So far they're best friends although I'm not 100% happy that Biggles has started sleeping in Yasin's bed. I've started playing a stop game with Yasin where I tell him stop at random times when we're walking (the threory is that if I ever need him to stop for real he will) he loves it but for some reason he's taken to squatting down reeaallyy slooowly after he stops which totally cracks me up.

Hi girls!

Dach, sounds like you are doing a great job with 2 bubba's.

Michelle, glad to hear you had a nice weekend. I know what you mean about FF. I have registered but I dont use it as I have a very 'addictive' personality where if I start I know I wont be able to stop, and DH is very funny with the whole BD-ing at the right time etc (he says he doesnt want it to be clinical), which makes me mad because it would never happen (get pg that is) if we just BD'd whenever. Men can be so... dumb?! This month has been OK so far but DH is having bad wisdom teeth issues so he hasn't been too keen but you know what men are like they will never say no. I am waiting for EWCM (wierd I had some on day 11) but BDing over this week to make sure we catch the eggy.

Aidan is really well, very energetic and talking all the time. His favourite words are Mummy of course, Ja Ja (PJ the dog), shoes, socks, Pooh, poo (done poos would be very helpful if they werent so smelly anyway!) and my favourite, "baked beans"! Sooo adorable.

Kellee Guest

Gosh, we're quiet in here atm, aren't we? Hopefully it's because those who are ttc are bding like crazy and catching their eggs this month! Welcome to Teresa too - good to have you in here.

Not much to report. Still here. Induction booked for Thursday which is looking more and more likely at this stage as an internal yesterday found that my cervix is quite closed. MIght have to jump on DH tonight to get things moving naturally - although BDing when you're term plus one week has its difficulties! Anyway, hope you're all well. Will get DH to post in here when things have happened. Big hugs to you and your bubs.

Kellee, I really thought you had given birth! Good luck at getting things moving, they say BD-ing is the best thing for it, if it is physically possible! Cant wait to hear the good news. BD-ing like crazy, who me?! Not so much but only once is enough to catch the eggy I suppose!

Oh Kellee, i thought you'd had bubs too! Maybe you should jump on and down with a skipping rope lol. No joke, a friend of mine did this(half joking) to get her waters to break, and it worked!

Has anyone's bubs had a huge hypo moment? Lily keeps having one at the same time in the arvo everyday and she goes absolutely bonkers. Spinning in circles, laughing at herself, runnign around and falling over on purpose and rolling around on the ground, really weird.

Lily has also started wearing my shoes, lol so funny how she walks in them.

Pregnancy for me is not so great at the moment. I've just been having dizzy spells and feeling off and just not myself.

On a brighter note, Jacob and I are getting married before bubs comes along! 2nd Spetember. All i need is a dress, searched everywhere and no one has maternity dresses, i thought i was doomed but a lovely lady i saw the other day that owns one of the bridal shops, knows someone who makes wedding dresses for cheap, as we're on a budget. This lady rang me today saying she can do it for me for the price i can pay and she's also made maternity dresses, which is just great! So it's pretty much all set and organsied!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast