Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July - December 2004

Tegan, I didnt know you were moving either. I hope it all goes smoothly, sounds like you will be having a busy year!

We had a family day at the zoo on Sunday, it was so much fun! Aidan's favourite were the seals (Mummy's too!). Took lots of photos and hopefully one day in the future I will scrapbook everything!

Aidan is walking more and more, he gets very excited and shows off.

I have missed my Mothers Group and will see them all today after one month off. I bet all the bubs have changed a lot.

Training went well for the new job and I have my own first lesson on Wednesday afternoon. Although I have had a lot of practice I am still nervous. I need to set the rules in the first lesson and make sure I impress all the Mum's watching like hawks (I dont blame them, I would too). Let's hope I train the next Ian Thorpe!

Kellee, I hope Charlie is feeling better.

Hope all bubs are well and cool in this hot summer.

Jess, goodluck with your own first lesson!

How cute Aidan liking the seals! When we went to SeaWorld, Lily loved the stingrays and penguins lol.

Hi all

Quiet in here...

Well over the weekend I made a few decisions about the next couple of years - first I am not going to enrol in my graduate diploma, I feel the study workload, even part time, will interfere too much with my main job which is, of course, being a mum. I thought I needed to do something else, so I am not 'just' a mum, but the truth is I am happy being 'just' a mum. I get asked a lot when I am going to 'use' my degree, because to a lot of people, getting a degree and then deciding to be a SAHM is a complete waste. To me I am doing the most important job there is, but sometimes it gets to me and I wonder if I should do more with my life and I start to believe that maybe being a mum isn't enough, as a job it certainly isn't valued very highly by society. But I realised on the weekend that I need to have more faith in myself and being a mum IS enough, it is more than enough. Maybe choosing not to study is lazy, I don't know. But it feels right.

Anyway following on from that, DH and I were discussing the prospect of having a third baby and as a result I am now off the pill. We both know that three is our limit, we have enough bedrooms, a big enough car and all the baby gear so we decided "Lets do it!" I won't be charting or anything, just keeping track of my cycles as we both want to take a casual approach to it and see what happens. I really don't want to start obsessing about it!

Anyway that's enough of talking about me, I feel better now!

Bon

Jess- I know you would have done a wonderful job today, COngrats!

Bon- I like your logic re study, and the important thing is to what makes you and your family happy. Good luck with the ttc! Will wait for the announcement!

Just a quickie, cos I am back on my banger of a puter, cos mum took her cool laptop home!

I gotta get a new puter bf I scream. I was trying to find a hotel to stay in for our wedding anniversary on Friday and it is Aust Open weekend so everything is booked out of course esp since it is weds and I have left everything to the last min. I have booked am Imax movie though and it really doesn't matter how fancy the place we stay is so who knows where we'll end up LOL

Hope to be back tomorrow
    Michelle

Michelle, thanks for your thoughts. I was sick with nerves before the shift with no reason to be as 2 of my 4 classes were absent anyway! I always work myself up too much, it is horrible. I bet I will feel just as nervous for my next shift....

Bon, I loved reading your post, I feel the same all the time, and then other days I think, hang on a minute, this job aint easy, and I am pretty good at it! Good for you, good luck TTC and I think I will be joining you very soon. I think my new job as a casual swim teacher will work really well with my #1 job of SAHM. Maybe that's why I get so nervous, because I want it to work out sooo much?!

Tegan, I can't wait till Aidan is old enough and we can take him to the theme parks on the Gold Coast. He was conceived in Brisbane so it is kinda special! To this day I still wonder if the Lethal Weapon ride had anything to do with my conceiving??!! (I heard a story about a woman who tried for years and years to conceive and what eventually worked for her was one of those really fast updside down rides - freaky!)

Glad to hear the new job is going well Jess! The day at the zoo sounds great, I can't wait to take Kaleb one day.

Michelle, hope you've had some luck finding a place to stay!

Bon, woohoo for your decision! I think it is very admirable, but IKWYM with being made to feel that being 'just a mum' is not enough, especially by non-mums. You are definitely not being lazy by choosing not to study. And how exciting to be planning for number 3!

Kaleb is being an adorable angel child this week, which I am making the most of, because he can switch at any minute! Only complaint I have, and question those with older children is, how do they survive childhood? Kaleb has started almost running around with no regard for what is on the floor and the amount of falls and near misses he has are just heart-stopping.

Jess, yeah i heard that story too, very freaky.

ARG Lily has now figured out how to climb up ontoi our bed! We have wood planks under the matress and the frame is metal so she gets up onto the frame and then onto the matress, very smart. Still not walking yet! I wonder when? She's showing all the signs.

Hello girls,

Dachlostar posted in the When are you due Forum, reminding me to keep you girls updated on us.
    Sorry for not posting in such a long time. You can imagine what it's like to be pregnant and have a 14 months old... and on top of that I am sick... arrrg

All is well. Bubs is 2.7kg now (according to the u/s the doc did yesterday). Nothing seems to be happening "down there" though, so I think I won't go early.

Wolf has had bronchitis for 2.5 months now (on and off). It sucks. First I thought it was just a cold and then once it was diagnosed, we have been trying to treat it - thus far unsuccessfully (long story, involving way too many doctors with way too many opinions). I think he is sounding worse again and what was an infection last monday might have flared up into a proper bronchitis again ... but he is quite happy, eats well, sleeps quite well... you wouldn't know it if it wasn't for his coughing and rattling breath.

I hope all of you are well. Sorry for being so crap at posting here.

Snowy

Melinda Guest

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in a little while! I hope you are all well!!

Jacob has just recently learnt how to give kisses - adorable!! It's so lovely....it just makes you want to melt!!! Cuddles and kisses from my boy are just the best thing in the whole wide world!!! Today he gave his Nanny a kiss and I think she nearly melted too! LOL

Bon - good luck with TTC. I agree - being a Mummy is definitely not highly valued in society. IMO it's the most important job in the world, yet the most underpaid one LOL. You also don't get any training. But having said that, you'll never find a job more rewarding either! I too find that people tend to look down their nose a bit when I say I'm a SAHM, particularly those who know that I used to work etc. A family member recently said to me "have you got a job yet" and I was so incredibly offended by that statement it's not funny! I couldn't believe they would be so bold as to stick their nose into our business like that. I was fairly quick off the mark and replied with "what, a job beyond the one that I already have? The job that I have that keeps me occupied 24/7 - no, being a Mummy is the most important job I can have". Still thinking about that comment gets me angry GRRR!!! *end of vent* LOL

Well Lily had her 12mth needles today. Bit late, but better late than never! She was so brave though, the nurse was really amazed to see she wasn't protesting very much. She's really grumpy now though, poor thing.

Melinda - How cute Jacob learning to kiss! Lily sorta does fish lips when i kiss her, it's cute.

Colleen Guest

Ok here it goes....

Firstly, apologies to all for my slackness in posting here, I have contemplated it for a few days but always think I wont have the time to respond to everyone and because I have missed so much, it makes me thinks PHWOAR i will never get through it all lol bit daunting! haha

In no particular order ...

Snowy - Sorry to hear about Wolf being not well, and for so long! poor lil man and like I just said, dont worry im very crap at keeping up with this forum and posting!

Melinda - How cute that Jacob is giving kisses, Jaykob does it with a big open mouth but makes the MWAH noise lol Hes been melting everyone too lol

Michelle - Woohoo on your new office! Hows it all looking, did you paint? Mine is so full of junk (no garage built yet) that I just have room to come in and sit down lol How was your anniversary? Did you end up staying out ?

Bon - Congrats on TTC #3, I like the relaxed approach you are taking, I hope it all goes well for you...

Jessica
    , WTG for Aidan walking!!! Jaykob is still a little off that yet but a confident stander iykwim How is your new job going? LOL @ lethal weapon ride and I had never heard about that ride theory! Im glad Aidan had a good time at the Zoo, I cant wait to take Jay!

Dach - How awesome that your bub is nearly here!!! How exciting for you! And lol @ your cheeky monkey - Jaykob is a climber too, he loves coffee tables! I have to admit, Im glad he cant open doors yet though 8-[ (our handles are too high)

Tegan - Good Luck with your upcoming move. Lol at your Xmas Tree still being up, I was so sick of ours that I got DP to take it down Jan 2nd, i was sick of the pine needles and Jaykob trying to eat them haha I had a quick look @ Lilys Site, She is just ADORABLE! and sooo cheeky

Jo - Glad to hear Kaleb is being an angel for you, I definitly know what you mean about them mood switching! Heres hoping the angel hangs around a lil longer

Well Jaykob has been pretty good lately, Hes walking assisted by whatever he can find and standing very well by himself.. We still havent had his 12 month needles yet, theres a day on Wednesday but we are going away for 5 days that afternoon so I dont think the timing would be very good :/ see what happens... Hes completely past the chickenpox now, he has got at least two lil scars on his face from it though but you can hardly see them.

He has been saying 'ta" for a couple of weeks now and has started saying it when you hand him things which has been so cute.. No signs of any new teeth, still just the 8 in there... umm what else...

Hes been a little clingy at times but hes also been going to Nanas for a few hours on Friday nights, which while I miss him to bits, has been nice for DP and I to get to know each other all over again iykwim

Well best I be getting to bed, I have tonsilitis and am really very much OVER IT! lol i just want to be able to swallow my drink without pain!

Sorry to anyone I missed and I will try my hardest to keep up in future, at least I will get alerts now....

take care, big hugs for all the bubs (well toddlers i guess i should say) lol

Colleen

HI girls

melinda- I used to work ft too, and I thought that being a SAHM would be a piece of cake esp since i already had 2 kids by thsat time, but it wasn't easy at all and I also found I was frustrated at being on this cleaning loop where all I seemed to do all day was clean. It is hard to listen to insensitive people, esp when they say what they said.

Tegan- I lol at Lily and the bed, she is so funny esp since she isn't walking but climbing like she is.

Jo- I don't know how they survive to tell you the truth, they just do!

Snowy- so good to hear things are ok with your pg and hope you can finally knock the broncitiis on the head.

Colleen- glad to see you back, I was wondering about you the other day. Glad things are going well with Jaykob.
    Office is nowhere near being used as it is full of garage sale stuff. The date is yet to be set for the garage sale! So won't be for awhile.

Jess- how many lessons/hrs a week are you working? When are you starting to ttc!

We drove around for about 4 hrs looking for a place to stay friday night so Arron was pretty ****ed off to say the least. AND a woman walked out in front of us (just after I told arron to not drive stupidly in case someone stepped out on the road.) IT was so close too, he locked up the wheels and she had her hand on the bonnet so it was def her lucky day. We had a nice nightout though, and did some shopping the next day bf we came home. I have had Jemma up to the drs today, to check out her glands in her neck, which have been up for ages. We had to take her for a blood test and she was far from happy about that I can tell you. Results should be on tomorrow so I am ringing on Weds.

Hope you are all well

Kellee Guest

Hello everyone! Well, I posted a big post the other day, but for some reason it did post. How annoying!

Melinda – I am fuming now after reading that insensitive comment about how you haven’t got a ‘job’. Did you smack them out? I would have. Or I would have at least never spoken to that person again! And so cute about the kisses. I could never wait until the stage where Charlie gave me kisses and cuddles all the time. He’s so funny about it now – whenever I feel sick, he can tell and he gives me a cuddle. The funniest time is when I’m actually throwing up in the toilet (sorry, TMI!) and he comes behind me and gives me a cuddle because he knows I feel bad. It’s very sweet.

Tegan – don’t worry – Charlie hasn’t had his 12 month needles yet either. I have real issues about immunisations, as we know of one baby who died and one who is permanently brain damaged as a result of things going wrong with immunisations. I know I have to get it done, but I think I’ll space them out rather than getting them done in one hit. Wow at Lily climbing so much! I bet she will go straight to running and skip the walking stage – she sounds so clever!

Mitch – glad to see that you ended up enjoying yourselves on the weekend despite the mishaps. Sorry that Jess is feeling a bit crook. I hope that the test results tell you that it’s something minor that will clear up quickly.

Jessica – mother’s group sounds nice. Until now I had been put off the idea of going to one, but it might be a nice thing to do. One of the ladies from my pregnancy forum is moving to Bris, and she has a little girl a bit older than Charlie and she’s due the same time as me too, so I might meet up with her and see what happens.

Bon – congratulations on your decision. That’s really exciting! It will be lovely to have them all so close together too. You’ve got the rest of your life to “work” – enjoy the kids while you can, because one day they won’t want to hang out with us as much!

Jo – Re: Kaleb’s heart stopping moments… I have started taking a leaf out of Mitch’s book… she said once that sometimes you just have to close your eyes and not look! I suppose one way to look at it is that if they hurt themselves enough times they’ll learn not to do it (whatever it is – running into walls, etc.) again!

Anyway, not much to tell. Charlie and I have been forced to stay indoors recently due to me being sick again (I thought that phase was over!), the rain, and then the heat. Getting a bit stir crazy now. I was going to talk him for a walk to the park this morning, but it’s 31 degrees here and his heat rash will go crazy, so inside with the airconditioning it is. Not that I like it too much, but at least he will watch a couple of things on tv sometimes – Spot, Play School, Wiggles, Humphrey – so that he’s being entertained while we’re in confinement! I always said I wouldn’t be one to let him watch tv, but there you go. At least I sit there with him and talk him through everything, so I don’t feel like I’m using it as a “babysitter”, know what I mean? Can’t wait to be able to go outside again! Anyway, I think he’s getting sick of the computer room (AGAIN) so I’d better go. Hope you’re all well.

Hey Kellee- sorry to hear you are feeling unwell again, that is a bugger! Wow at being 22 weeks already, boy that has really flown (well for me anyway). Don't feel bad about tv, there are some really terrific programs esp on ABC tv, and I think they learn alot from them. Jemma knows her numbers up to 10 and she got it to begin with from TV, she is almost 3 so I was impressed (at 2 she knew the no. 6 and I didn't tell her). Sometimes you need a break and there isn't anything wrong with using the tv for that. I find that I let mine watch the shows that are ok for them in the morning and then klick them off the tv and they go to their rooms to play or outside.

Nothing to report here, just a bit lazy today. Hung out some washing, still more to hang though. It is cool today and very windy, only 7 sleeps till school goes back. I actually haven't been desperate for the kids to go back to school, they have been good, a few fights but not too bad.

Cheers mcihelle

mooshie Guest

hi there

sorry i haven't been posting in here, been hanging out in the ttc threads just to make my obsession more real lol - we took the whole ttc quite relaxed but after 7mths and time a ticking away (or a least my biological clock ticking) it has become a bit of an obsession.

i have been reading everyones news and it sounds like all the bubs are doing really well. i am going to make this thread the first thread i come into each day and then i can do daily personals, so i can keep up.

lani is going really well and omg at how much she talks (so much like me lol) jay has taught her a heaps of things especially animal noises lol - she says moo, miaw, woof, hehehe (monkey), tweet tweet, rar (tiger) and sssss (snake) she is so eager to learn and i find her copying everything i say - i reckon she would have at least 30 - 40 recognisable words - her favourite at the moment is dinner, up, unch (lunch), beky (breakfast), tic toc (favourite biscuits) and she says ello mummy to everyone except me lmao.

michelle - jay tells me each day how many more sleeps until school starts - i think he may be just a little excited lmao, it is so good he is cool about starting school, i am not tho lol, it dawned on me the other day that he will be out in that big playground at lunch time with around 700 or so kids at the school that is quite alot of new things to experience and then i thought holy **** what if he decides nah he has had enough of school for the day and walked out through the gate and tried to make his way home, i started getting heart palpitations thinking about it lol - i am guessing this would not happen tho - just another mummy worry thing i have happening.

well speaking of school i have a stack of iron on labels to put on the uniform, and all sorts of things to label and books to cover so i may do that today, before all the hot weather comes again and i can't be stuffed doing anything.

i vow to keep up in this thread.

MIchelle I can imagine Jay's excitement, it wouldn't hurt to just makeit clear to him that he can't leave the school grounds or go out of the gate unless you are there. I know when I taught preps some kids did need to be told things like that. At least then you will be sue that he does know. I am sure he will be fine it is us parents who seem to suffer the most LOL. I am an old hand now that I have 2 in school, but I am dreading Jemma and Jessica going to school I can tell you. It means I have to return to work but worst of all it means they are all grown up BOO HOO !!!

Have fun preparing all the uniform, I haven't even been to the shops yet, and Jemma is the only one with a lunchbox (she is going to 3 yo kinder, starts on the 2nd Feb)
    gREat news abut Lani's vocab, Jemma and Jordan were the same as that, Jessica does actually know lots of words. I may sit down and work out how many, she did repeat after me "Let's get brekky!" came out as "ets et ekky", very cute and a surprise, her word for today was dangerous!!!!

Cheers michelle

*wahhhh* I just typed a huge post and my computer crashed Anyway, starting again..

Colleen - How smart of Jaykob to be saying 'ta'. Lily hasn't learnt that yet, but when we say ta she hands over whatevewr it is she's holding, so i think she gets it.

Michelle - Wow at all the wrds Lani can say! LOL at saying ello mummy to everyone but you! I used to be the same when i was little lol.

haha Lily was just up to some mischeif and Jacob goes 'Lily what are you doing!' and she came crawling back out at lightning speed lol so funny.

Lily's 8th tooth is now coming up. Can see it but not feel it yet. Also think the 9th tooth is coming up somewhere because she keeps chewing on things on the other side.

Poor Lily's legs have bruises from the needles yesterday she keeps bumbing them and crying.

Tegan- I am sure Lily does understand, even if she doesn't say anything! Poor little bubba with her legs, she'll be better by tomorrow! No more now till 18mths, are they giving chicken poxs at 18 mths up there? I guess you won't be there then though, when is moving day? DOn't you hate computer crashes? I am on Mum's laptop, save that happening. I found out to get my pics off the computer and Onto memory sticks I can buy a cable (worth $12.95) and simply connect the laptop to my computer and transfer data. If I had of known that then the puter would be much easier to use, cos now I can get the pics off. I couldn't load a burner or a memory stick cos the memory was all taken up. We are hoping to organise our rental of the new laptop very soon, I was going to do it this weeek but thought I'd leave it till the kids go back to school now.

Cheers michelle

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast