Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born July - September 2005 #3

Love the name to Brooke! ..they did well :-) HOw are your two little cherubs doing?. Is life settling into a nice routine for you?.

Where are all you ladies...helloooooo

Hi ladies..just popping in briefly...weve had the most horrific few days.

We were driving up to Mandurah Sunday morning to spend the day with relies when Sammy vomited in his car seat. Emily had been ill for with a virus for 3 days previously so I thought oh geez..poor little boy is coming down with it. We cleaned him up, stipped him off and kept driving to get him some panadol. Within 10 minutes he had a glazed look in his eyes and I screamed at darren to stop the car....He was having a convulsion. It was the scariest most horrible time in our lives. His jaw was clenched eyes unresponsive and every part of his body was twitching. We called the ambulance immediately and they told us what to do but they took 20 MINUTES to get to us....OMG it was horrific. Im trying to remain calm and keep Sammy comfortable on his side.....the girls are all crying...and screaming. The ambulance arrived and we were given priority one...his convulsion lasted 40 minutes!!!!!!!!!! He lost consiousness in the ambulance but then came around. We got to the Peel Health Campus where the ambo rushed off with him and he was given immediate care. After 3 hours we were transferred through in another ambulance to another hospital in Freo because of no Paed being available.

OMG girls it was the scariest time in my life and in that ambulance I honest to god thought i was going to lose him. I know how common febrile convulsions can be but have been blessed to have never had one of my children have one but to last so long was so scarey. He had a wonderful team manage his care though and is now starting to feel so much better. We have all been sick with this dreaded virus that has caused this to begin with. I do want to say though..i always thought that a febrile convulsion was caused because of really high temp...Sammys was 38.6 so high but not really high..weve now discovered that its the spike ( the speed in which a temp developes) that is more a preindicator of a convulsion occuring.

As you can imagine we have just wanted to hold our precious family close to us and count our blessings. Our beautiful baby boy gave us such a scare but he is really getting back to his normal happy self now.

I never ever want to spend an easter like this again.

Jo

Jo - I hope your and Smmy are feeling better, I was talking to my dad tonight (he's a Ambulance Officer) and mentioned what had happened to you and he said it is very scary and comes on so quickly, I guess that is why mum and dad are always pushing me to give Maria panadol when she has a fever and not wait until it is above 38.

Thanks girls....its been very emotional. Louise Ive always thought the same thing but all the new literature ive been given from the hospitals says that giving panadol etc has not been shown to reduce the incidence of convulsions...ive really learnt alot...makes it all the more scary.

Jo

Oh Jo...I am so glad your precious Sammy is ok . I am not going to sweat the small stuff today as you have reminded me what is important in life...that our loved ones are safe. I cant imagine the fear that you must have been feeling ...give your beautiful baby boy and all your wonderful family big hugs from Kaitlyn and I . I am so relieved that he is ok .

Alright ..was going to write more ..but need a moment just to ...well not write other stuff really. ....need to reflect...and possible go fix my make up

Good Morning Ladies,

Where is everybody these days???

Jo how is Sammy going this morning?.

Well fingers crossed ...dont want to jinx us but we seem to have made it through another week without Kaitlyn coming home with Foot N Mouth . There have been 5 reported cases since last Friday in her Nursery room alone!!!!..oh god I hope it has missed us!. She is picking up so many words now ..just repeats almost everything I say!. Plus we have these Baby Einstein flash card things which she really just likes to through around but in the pack there is a bannana card and a card with a bunch of grapes on it ...so for three nights running she has pulled the cards out searched through them and pulled out either the grape or banana card and said "more". So I take the card and her to the fridge and get out the thing on the card and offer it to her ..and sure enough she wanders off fruit in hand sits on her lounge and eats it!!!!!!!. I think she mostly loves it as she now has a way to tell me what she wants ...just need a card with more then just those two fruits :-).

Nothing big for me on the weekend. Although the lead up to our friends wedding starts this weekend ..Sat night is the Bux night so that will be a big one for DH , then next weekend we have the big family party before the wedding which is thier tradition , then the weekend after that is the wedding . So we really have three weekends of wedding...how lovely!.

hope you ladies all have a nice one.

OMG Jo, I just read it & OMG I think I'd have had a heart attack!
    Indah recently started holding her breathe when getting upset or angry & DH panic's, I manage to stay calm & settle her down, but he starts freaking out which I think also frightens her & so shed gets more upset!

But I am so so glad little Sammy is OK & your all Ok... How truly terrifying....

Not sure if I mentioned or not but work hav Ok'd my return from mat leave & I will now be at home with my babies & come in to work Mon-Fri 8pm til Midnight!!!

It may sound yucky etc, but I think I will be getting the BEST of both worlds, home with my kids all day & then still earning similar money to help raise them & stuff!

I think I will do it til Zyon is atleast in 4yr old kinder & maybe will do a course or something during the day in a few years in something I want to do (yet to have discovered what it is, but I want it to enable me to work or do something when we are in Bali!)

Ok gotta run it's bedlam at work, which makes the days go fast I guess only 10wks of work to [email protected]!!

Oh yay Trace at your work hours being approved!.

So glad it is the weekend ...yay!. Just going to chill and to a whole lot of nothing much :-)

How is everybody?? So quiet in here this week :-)

Hi cass - don't have much planned this weekend either, friends have just got back from holidays so will probaby visit them sometime. Otherwise I will just try to cope with the all day sickness.

Well maria had her first hair cut the otherday, Daddy cut it in the bath.

I'm here too - reading but not posting too much, busy 'cos DH is on hols. Actually why does it seem like there is so much more mess when he is at home?????

Hope you are all ok.....BBL to post more.

Im here just been feeling blerrrgh. We all got the dreaded virus so it has gone through our whole family one by one...looking forward to feeling fantastic again

Jo

Hi Ladies ..home alone tonight as DH is off at a friends Bux night. Just finished a big bowl of vanilla ice cream with sprinkles..mmm. Was going to hit the scrapbooking and get a heap done but I cant find one of the tools I need so now I have had to stop that and jump on BB instead :-).

Took Kaitlyn to see the Duckies at our local lake again today ..ohhh she lovesss them!. she throws bread to the them and calls "ducky Ducky" very cute!. Plus we met mums to new pussy cats she saved from the RSPCA last weekend...they are very cute and Kaitlyn gave them lots of kisses and a few to many bear hugs

Hope all you ladies are having a nice weekend :-)
    Last edited by mummy2Kaitlyn; April 14th, 2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

Jo - hope you are all feeling better.

Cass - the ducks sound great, I like laking maria to Centennial Park, but the birds are just a little agressive at times. Maria thinks you just have to stand and hold out the bread and birds will take it from her, not have to throw it.

Soph - I here you on the mess when partners are at home, my DH is terrible, the extra dishes etc.

Brooke - hope all is going well with your beautiful littleones.

Well we went to a friends place yesterday, I am still getting all day blergh, but it is easing a little, which also scares me, we watched a most forgetable movie in the evening and Maria talked all through it, she was more entertaining than the tv. it was very cute as she was saying everything so clearly, we just don't have the translation book yet. Tehn last night I had the most horrible cramps, so I hope everything is ok with gigi.

Time for a new thread ladies.

Jo I am so sorry to hear about your Easter. I hope he's feeling better!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567