Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2005 # 2

Maggie is crawling like a trooper now. Normally she is crying whilst crawling, as she is coming after me. Starting to have a few separation issues I think.

Almost ready to give up on the whole solids thing. There was a stage where she loved it, now she it not really interested, she always grabs the spoon and she isn't trying to feed herself. The only food I can get into her is a milk arrowroot biscuit and then 2/3rds of it is left mushed on the floor. She seems really happy with finger foods, but she doesn't seem to eat them, only kind of sucks and chews on them. It is like she sees it as an activity not eating IYKWIM.

Jo - The clingy thing is frustrating isn't it. Even when I give her to DH she will cry if I walk by and don't take her back.

Stormi - Oddly enough I have not tried straight sweet potato with Maggie yet (she has had it in some jar foods). I love grated sweet potato, with zucchini mixed with egg to bind and cummin to season, then fried in a bit of oil.

Brooke I say if Maya is eating a half a mug then give it to her, be thankful she is eating.

Stormi Guest

Hi guys,

Nothing much happening here. Makenzie had a bit of a crying bout yesterday arvo for a while, don't know why. Might have been a belly ache or she may have just been reacting to the needles she had on Tuesday. She settled down after a little while though.

She was sooooo cute today. She was in the lounge room sitting on the floor playing so I went out to hang out some washing. I came back in and she was still sitting but she had her head down between her knees. I said to her "What are you doing?" but she didn't look up - then I realised she had fallen asleep! The video camera was in the lounge room so I grabbed that but then Cooper came in and started laughing and woke her up and she popped her head up so didn't manage to catch it on video.

She's still trying desperately to crawl. I'm in no hurry for her to get mobile yet. Both my boys were walking at 10 months so I hope she doesn't follow suit! Little buggers, one of them put a tiny teddy biscuit on her playmat right next to her. Luckily I found it before she did, but of course the boys blamed each other for putting it there.

Cooper goes back to school on Tuesday, and Riley starts back at pre-school the following week but this year he's going two full days instead of the half days like last year. I'm looking forward to having a couple of days a week with just Makenzie.

Hey all,
    Been away on holidays for most of Jan and just noticed people were posting in this thread.

Lozi - i live in vaucluse and my son is hendrix his birthday is the 26th June.

Anyway gotta run will catch up soon.

lozi Guest

Hi Everyone,

Max has been very upset (teething) but still no sign of teeth peeping through yet and has started waking up at night lately and i am finding it hard to settle him back in his cot in fact last few nights actaully gave up after and hour and he ended up sleeping in our bed .. and we didnt get much rest ..if anyone has any advice i would really appreciate

Hi Heather, Love the name Hendrix! great to speak to someone that lives close, actually where i live is right on the border of vaucluse and watsons bay.

speak soon
    Laura

Maggie pulling herself up on everything is becoming a bit of a pain for both her and me. I have had to completely clear the coffee table as she is grabbing at everything. Tonight, the poor little bub, pulled herself up and grabbed at my dinner, before I could stop her she had sunk her fingers into a hot chip!

She is finally back to eating, even though I now have to let her have the spoon and feed her from my finger. I tried 2 spoons, but she prefers my finger, she also really likes finger foods.

We're having good days and bad days sleep wise. Some days she goes down quite easily and other it takes a real effort. Can't figure out the reasons why though.

Stormi Guest

Just a quick post (LOL, well it IS quick, I type fast!). Kenzie is getting stroppy. I think she knows it's just me and her all day today (Riley went back to preschool today and this year he is going for a full day, not half). So she is disturbing my peace!

Well, Makenzie's not pulling up on stuff yet, luckily. I don't want another early walker! She is almost crawling though - she can get around the room slowly but surely, I have to be very vigilant with what the boys leave on the floor near her - near her being 2 metres or more away! She gets really frustrated as she crawls backwards and then ends up against a wall with her feet and can't keep going so she had a hissyfit.

I've noticed her showing her "dislikes" lately, too. If she doesn't want something (rest of her bottle, a toy etc), she gets this frowny face and slaps at it and if she grabs it she'll throw it lol.

She had her first try of yoghurt yesterday. Ate the whole tub! I bought the Wiggles kids yoghurts for my boys and noticed on the box it said suitable from 6 months so I gave her the vanilla one. She couldn't eat it fast enough! She still doesn't like potato even if it's mixed in with something else she likes.

She's been unsettled with her sleep. Quite often screams at me if I put her down when she's tired but she decides she'd rather play. The night before last she woke about 4 times through the night, normally she sleeps through. Then a couple of mornings before that she decided 4.30am was a good time to wake up for the day! I think her top teeth are coming through now, they look very close, and they are a lot bigger than the bottom ones so might not be so lucky with getting away with no teething symptoms.

Astrid - they are so quick to grab things, aren't they! It's amazing how they can have quicker reflexes than us!

Brooke - Kenzie has been doing this growling noise, it's so funny. She does it for ages. I was doing it back to her one day and it was irritating my throat, don't know how she can do it for so long.

Oh, and she's started laughing to herself, it's so cute. Normally you have to do silly faces or noises or at least interact with her to get her to laugh, but the last few days she'll just be sitting on the floor playing and she'll start laughing to herself, not just a giggle but full-on laughing. I said to Dh I wondered if babies thought of something funny that had happened previously and laugh about it again - like when you're on a train or something and you think of something funny and start laughing to yourself and people stare at you like you're a weirdo coz you're sitting on your own laughing LOL.

Anyway, better go, with the boys both at school/pre-school I finally get an opportunity to clean up their rooms and also do a toy cull and also pack away all the small stuff before Makenzie gets too mobile.

Hey lovelies,

Lisa - PMSL @ Kensie laughing at herself. Hendrix also has a giggle to himself when he is playing on the mat.

Brooke - i bet the room change makes a huge difference. Fingers crossed anyway.

Well Hendy is no where near cruising furniture. He isnt crawling yet either just rolls all around the place. He is happiest sitting though which is nice and easy for us. He is quite sick with a cold at the moment (we all are) and is sleeping a lot which is good as prior to this his sleep was all over the shop. We got our first toothiepeg through today (well i just call it a scratchie as its tip is only officially through). How long does it take for them to be through visibly?? Like a 'real' toof??

Hi all

Not posted for a while but being reading when I get a chance. Erykah has decided she is the little social butterfly who doesn't require a sleep during the day and parties until 10pm. Then sleeps through till 7 ready to party again.

Bless her she is finally exhuasted from her weekend of partying and is sound asleep. Hallelluha (not sure if that is spelt right) I get some time to myself.

I should be glad she is sleeping through but all weekend I have had no time out.

Anyway she is doing finger food great now she has steamed carrots sliced avacado and chunks of banana. She is able to handle lumps or chunks much better than 3wks ago. She is properly chewing food rather than sucking. She has a huge grin when she is feeding herself and laughs as if to say I am a clever girl!

She has DaDa, NaNa, YaYa off to a tee just got to work on MaMa.

She is still breastfeeding but is down to 5 feeds a day which is good. I am going to continue until she is 12months old.

No teeth yet and she is not crawling or climbing. She is happy sat playing with her toys. She can pull herself up from sitting if you hold her hands (I do not help her in anyway but she can push her legs up straight) to standing.

Not much else to report off to have a well earnt coffee now

Jo

Stormi Guest

Heather - I just had to check back to see when Makenzie got her first tooth - if it was just before 6 months or just before 7 months LOL! Anyway, it was January 12, so about 3 weeks ago? (seems longer than that). They have probably grown to about half their final length in that time. You can see them when she smiles, anyway. Don't think it takes too long once they are through to grow, it's just coming through the gum that's the long, drawn out process. They look absolutely gorgeous when they have those two little toofy-pegs down the bottom and no other teeth! I'll have to take some photos of them and get them up on her webpage.

Speaking of which, Heather you need to update your webpage or it's going to expire!

Brooke - those yoghurts are Paul's brand, with the Wiggles on them. They come in a pack of 12 I think with Vanilla, Strawberry and Peach and Pear?? Bit iffy about giving her a strawberry one though, coz it has real fruit in it (not big chunks though, it's mostly smooth with tiny specks of fruit). I think strawberries are not supposed to be introduced until they are a bit older. Not sure on that, will have to check.

Good luck with Maya in her own room. Makenzie's never been in our room. She was in there for some of the first night and was so noisy in her sleep we moved her lol. Then whilst in the bassinet she was in the living area just outside our room. Then when she went into the cot we turfed Cooper out of his shared room with Riley and moved Makenzie in. We had to rip out an old kitchen (unused) and use that space to make Cooper a room of his own lol. We do have a spare room but it is used as DH's office and is full of stock as well plus a heap of other cr*p!

We went to pick up Riley from pre-school and we got there a bit early and all the kids were sitting on the floor having a story so I sat her down on a mat while we waited and she got so excited because she could see all the little people! She started doing her excited screech, and kicking her arms and legs around.

Thanks lisa, i just updated to our new web address!

Stormi Guest

Awwwwww, Heather! He's so cute (just looked at the new webpage). Love the "Rock Star" outfit!

Grrrrrr, I'm supposed to me meeting a few friends for brunch today at a cafe, but Kenzie is feral! I hope she calms down, don't want to get up there and have to leave straight away coz she's screaming so much. I think I might give her some Panadol coz I think the teeth are bothering her and she has a bit of a cough and cold. Don't like giving her drugs if I can help it, but she's so miserable.

Better go, she's getting very upset.

lozi Guest

hi everyone!

went to the early child hood nurse today and she said that at this stage max should be having 3 solids meals a day and one has to be a protein meal (fish, meat or chicken) a day.. has anyone else heard this? i have been giving him three meals of solids a day for a while now but no protein..how are you all going with solids? have you started on protein yet?

also max is becoming a bit disinterested in breastfeeding (only been feeding when he is really sleepy) and discussed this with the nurse she said he might be self weaning.. so will have to start giving formula. which i am having mixed feeling about. its so confusing.. anyways nurse said that all the formulas are the same ?? does anyone have any recommendations for brands of formula?

heather- congrats on the toothie how exciting max is still all gums

brooke- congratulations on the upcoming proposal .. how exciting !!!!
    thanks for all the advice.. max's sleeping is still a bit all over the place just as it seems to be getting better we have a bad night. i have been letting max sleep in our bed then tucking him in his cot once he has drifted off but have also been having to get up about two times to repeat the process.. nurse today recommended cc again but i am not sure

Hi Stormi, Astrid and Lisa

hope everyone else and their bubs is doing well

xx laura

belmarks Guest

Ok, Im getting a bit annoyed, I havent been getting the email messages that there are new posts in here so I've missed out on heaps....

Im trying to read them all now, will get back to you all soon.....

belmarks Guest

oh thanks for that Shannon I'll keep checking...

lozi Guest

Thanks Brooke! will check it out

Hi, been offline for a few days, but have finally caught up on posts. It is so good reading about other peoples babies.

Had Maggie's weigh in last Wednesday, I was dreading it, totally expected to be told off and that I was doing something wrong, but I was wrong about that. The MCHN was very happy with her, even though her growth has slowed, Maggie is soooo active, that we cannot expect her to put on a lot of weight, also she is a small eater, so all I can do is offer her high energy foods 5 times a day. She is really on and off with this whole eating thing. In fact the MCHN was really surprised at how well she was doing with crawling, standing etc she said I was doing a good job, and seemed a lot more accepting of us co-sleeping.

With the whole sleeping thing Maggie is still waking through the night. I have gone back to starting her off in the cot and then bringing her to bed at her first waking. I feel a bit more rested that way.

Took Maggie swimming for the first time the other day. She seemed to enjoy it. I think she enjoyed grinning at the young men (little flirt) than actually being in the water.

We both have colds today. Maggie is very sooky right now, poor thing.

belmarks Guest

Hey girls, I know I've been MIA lately, just had nothing really to contribute, but I've been reading all about your bubs so Im keeping up to date.

Astrid, that is great that your clinic sister is happy with Maggie. I had Coby weighed last week and he is 6995g, STILL not 7kgs. Sheesh!! He's gotten alot longer though, so I guess that's where all his growing has gone to.

Coby has got a tooth (not sure if I put that in one of my old posts or not...) and is trying desperately to cut the other bottom tooth through. Oh its agony, I sometimes feel like getting our peeling knife and just cutting a little slit for him....He he I would never do it though!!

How are all the other bubs going?

lozi Guest

hi there all
    just wanted to say a quick hi ! max has been sleeping a bit better lately.. YAY and has returned to BF which has made things a little easier

He is standing up by himself all the time now and using our coffee table as a hand rail to walk around the lounge room..he is so proud of himself that he can do this too, smiling and laughing as he does it.. very cute

He has also started waving and copying us when we blow rasberrys and make clicking sounds which is really cute and he dances to Humphreys clock song when it comes on ! so DH has been singing it and he dances when every he does ha ha

hope you are all good and bubs too
    xx
    laura

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast