Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2005 # 2

Default Babies Born June 2005 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

*Shannon* - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    Nellbe - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

June '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: *Megan*
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 2nd June 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Finlay
    Baby's Website: http://photobucket.com/albums/v709/babypics/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Born by c/section
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: aqua81
    State: Melbourne, Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 3rd June 2005
    Baby Name(s): Aidan James
    Baby's Website: -
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) -
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2x failed induction, went for caesar and loved it

Forum Name: Joh117
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 04/06/05
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Erykah
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: colic until 4 mths
    Notes: 10 days overdue, induced and forcep delivered. Seen Chiro since 8wks old to help with colic

Forum Name: Belmarks
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 12 June 2005
    Baby Name(s): Coby Matthew
    Baby's Website: www.marks.bigpondhosting.com
    Health Concerns: Immature Sphincter & valve between stomache and oesophagus causing vomitting - Still chucking heaps - will correct itself with time/age
    Notes: Coby was born almost a month early, he was delivered via emergency c section due to reduced fetal movements and distress. He was placed on CPAP for 4 days due to difficulties breathing (even though his APGAR scores were great). Coby is fine now and growing well. He's our little peanut!!

Forum Name: Stormi
    Baby's DOB: 16th June 05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3090 gm /6lb 12oz Length - 49cm Head - 34cm
    Baby Name(s): Makenzie Rose
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/threecherubs/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) C/S

Forum Name: Angelfish
    State: Tas
    Baby's DOB: 16th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 8lb 13oz, Length can't recall off the top of my head!
    Baby's Name: Amelia Mary (nn Milly)
    Baby's Website: -
    Health Concerns: none - disgustingly healthy so far
    Notes: Easy home waterbirth, arrived 4 days after big brother's birthday and 1 day after daddy's birthday, so mid June will be a big celebrations month for us.

Forum Name: Brookey
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 19th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -3745g Length - 52.5cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Baby's Name: Maya Ellen
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourbub/
    Health Concerns: Born with a moderate tongue tie which made BF near impossible, tried for 6 weeks and then switched to formula. Maya had colic for first 3 months and has a flat head on one side which is evening out. well. She is very happy and healthy otherwise!!
    Notes: 3 days overdue, extended first stage labour, vaginal birth.

Forum Name: Astrid
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 22nd June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 13oz/3520g, 50cm length
    Baby Name(s): Margaret Judith nn Maggie
    Baby's Website: DH won't let me have one
    Health Concerns: Difficult feeder, slow weight gain.
    Notes: born 8 days late. Attempted natural birth, bubs would not come out. Attempted a ventous extration, but that did not work, so ended in emergency c-section with complications.

Forum Name: heather
    Baby's DOB: 26th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -3120g, length - 49cm, head 33
    Baby Name(s): Hendrix John
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/hendrixjohn/
    Health Concerns:Wind
    Notes: 5 days early, 4.5 hour labour, natural vaginal water birth

Forum Name: LG
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 30th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.52kg Length - 52cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby Name(s): Evan
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/n/nickandlinds
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Tigergirl1980
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB:30th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -7lb 5oz Length -54 cms Head Circ -34cms
    Baby Name(s): Jonah Alexander
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ouralienbaby/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None now as they are all clear.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3 weeks early, forceps delivery after pushing for 2 hours.

Forum Name: Wardygirl
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 30th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4110 gm /9lb 1oz Length - 53.5cm Head Circ - 36.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Blake Elliott
    Baby's Website: TBA
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3 days late, natural 5 hour labour. Spent 5 days on antibiotics due to GBS+

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Love

belmarks Guest

Hi just wanted to be the first in this new thread....

tee he he...

lozi Guest

Hi there Brooke, Belinda and Lisa!
    am really looking forward to hearing about all your bubs, so far it seems like everyone who has posted has a bub born within one week of my little max.. who is everyday getting a little bit more not so little O I know what you mean about growing over night Belinda, I feel like some times when i go to pick up max in the morning he definitely looks like he bigger. I have been trying to put max into a bit of a routine too, at first i was trying the contented little baby book routine which seemed to be working but then we kinda got out of the routine and for the last month or so have been trying to get back into it but it doesnt seem to be working.. am going to persist with it a bit longer anyway. hopefully we will get back in the swing of things soon. max was sleeping through but has started waking up lots at night now.. not sure if it has anything to do with solids i have started introducing..reading your posts has got me thinking...

by the way has anyone tried controlled crying (think that is what it is called) ???

speak soon

Laura

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Miss Makenzie is 7 months old today! YAY! She's been a bit funny today though, she didn't drink much of one of her bottles and that is so not like her (little miss piggy). How many milk feeds are all the bubs having? Kenzie has 4 bottles a day and is on one solid meal a day. I wondered if she was thinking that by not drinking her milk I'd give her more solid meals LOL. She's also not sleeping much today. She's tired, but just won't sleep. At least she's not whingy though, she's pretty good that when she's overtired she won't really cry.

Was a bit sad today coz it's the first anniversary since my dad passed away. My SIL and her daughters came over today so that kept my mind off things.

Laura, I'm in the southern suburbs of Sydney, near Hurstville. Watsons Bay must be lovely (not that I've ever been there - I don't eat seafood LOL).

Ha ha ha, poor Kenzie is so tired. You know how they get all silly and giggly when they get overtired? It's so cute, she's looking at me and giggling and giving me silly faces. Better go get her bottle ready and try and get her to bed for the night.

Just got back from being away at the in-laws, not too bad, but glad we didn't stay a minute longer. The main problem with being away is that I don't get the fun bubs, I get the tired and cranky bubs to deal with. Frankly it was exhausting. Wont get started on the in-laws, otherwise I would be here for an hour posting! Maggie doesn't travel long distances as well as she used to, probably due to her being such an active bub and having more awake time, I think she feels very restricted by the seat. So I had to sit in the back with her most of the way.

Maggie can now get herself into a sitting position (not sure I put this in the last thread, but I am tired and can't be bothered checking) and only today she pulled herself up into a standing position to play with a toy.

Sorry no personals, brain is to fuzzy.

Thanks Kate - I wondered where she got too

Just popped into say Hi. Its quiet in here isn't it. I have not posted for a few days as I was not getting the new post notification.

Not much to report this end. I have a meeting with work tomorrow to discuss my return at the end of April. I only want 2 days a week and I actually do not want to work for them but I will go see what job they have to offer if any ( I think they will say there is nothing part time which then makes my decision!)

I have another job in the offering through a mate of DH more in line with my career I had in the UK so fingers crossed that will pull off.

Best go gotta feed bub and get her into bed early tonight as I am off swimming with my friend.

Jo

angelfish Guest

Lisa,
    Milly has just gone from 2 to 3 solid meals a day, although
    I don't know how much she actually eats as she insists on trying to feed herself but has no co-ordination. She's still a fiendish breastfeeder, I couldn't even keep count.

Jo,
    hope you manage to get the work arrangements you want.

Astrid,
    Sounds exhausting travelling and dealing with inlaws. I have my mil here on Friday, staying for 3 weeks.

Laura - Welcome to the June thread. I follow a gentle parenting philosophy with Maggie. I tried the routine thing with her, but it did not work, so now I just follow her lead as to when to feed her and put her down for a nap. As for control crying, it is no my thing.

Lisa - Wouldn't know how many feeds Maggie has as I demand feed and sometimes feed her to sleep, she is also a snacker. I do 2 - 3 solid meals, they are not large. Hope Mackenzie is sleeping better

Jo - Hope your work situation works out the best for you. Did you enjoy your swim?

Angelfish - Hope it goes well with you MIL, do you get on well with her?

Now for some Maggie updates. On Monday she actually pulled her self up onto her toy table and stood! Totally not expected, I had her on the floor in the middle of the room and when I looked up she was in the corner standing at the table! She can stand for quite awhile, but when she gets tired her legs get a bit wobbly. She also said her first word today "da da". I count it as a word as she said is whilst looking at her daddy and is was definitely separate from her normal babble. I tested her later by pointing at DH and ask her "who's that?" and she said a very clear "da da' again. How cheeky of her not to say "mummy" first.

Hi sorry its been a few days

I did enjoy my swim thanks it is nice to get out of the house for an hour and relax while exercising.

I am no nearer knowing what is happening with work. 2 companies have merged and they are expecting redundacies. The guy I saw has no idea how the structure will look and is no part of the reorg but yet could tell me they will not want part time staff!!!

It really annoys me as they have part time staff and many of them are temps (I am permanent). Also the other co we are merging with do have part timers and also job shares but he said they didn't (I know this as my mate works for that company). She advised I spoke to their HR as my co has no hr. Complicated but to be honest I am not in a rush to return and so am not that bothered. I had to tell them by the end of this month of my intentions so I will just have to wait and see

God its hot here today

Jo

Not much happening here. Maggie seems to not be as interested in solids as she once was. I'm am finding it really hard to get more than a couple of tablespoons into her. Might try introducing a few new foods and see how she takes it. She is so much more interested in rubbing the spoon on her gums than eating. If she is teething then I wish they would just hurry up and come through and stop annoying her.

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Astrid - That is sooooo cute about Maggie saying dada! Don't worry, I think most babies say dada before they say mum-mum, even in countries where they don't speak english. Makenzie doesn't even make any word-like noises yet. She just screeches and squeals and says "ooooh".

Joh - what a pain with your work. A lot of companies don't seem to like part-timers so try and avoid it where possible. I dunno, I've never worked for a large company so wouldn't know what it's like really, but that's the impression I get from other people.

Well, not much news here really. Miss Makenzie was meant to go have her 6 month needles yesterday but I cancelled as we took the boys and our niece to the zoo instead. So she's going on Tuesday. She is already way late with them so a couple more days won't matter too much. Although she had her 2 month ones later so I'm sort of following on from when she had those. I'm anxious to get her weighed as she hasn't been weighed for over 2 months. Last time she was weighed she was 7kgs so will be interested to see what she is now, especially as she's on solids. I think I might start her on two meals a day as she eats so much during her one meal.

Her two bottom teeth are quite noticeable now. Still can't believe she got them without any real symptoms, except for the day the second one broke through, she was a bit grizzly in the morning.

She's sitting really well now, hardly topples over anymore, except if she gets really excited and she starts jigging herself around and then falls backwards. The last couple of days she's started "dancing" if she hears music, she'll be sitting and she sort of bounces up and down to the music, it's so funny. She managed to get herself on all fours properly today and rock back and forth a couple of times before she face-planted herself, then she got frustrated as she couldn't do it again for a while. I don't want her to crawl yet because we will have to do a major sort-out of all the boys toys so that all the small things are away and the boys can't just get them down themselves. They also tend to leave half full packets of chips on the floor, and their drinks, and their lunch crusts on their plates on the floor if they've had lunch in their rumpus room, which they won't be able to do once she's mobile. I think we'll have to put safety gates across the doorways to their rumpus room or I'll be too stressed all the time.

Anyway, better go and put all these clothes away that I've dumped on the bed. I always do that so I can sort them and fold them etc but I then get sidetracked and then drag myself to bed only to find all this washing still sitting on there that I forgot about!

Lisa - Have fun with the clean up. I am no where near ready enough for Maggie and she is now so mobile. Have you tried Mackenzie on a soft surface for crawling? We would put Maggie on the bed and she would face plant, put her bum up in the air and push herself along with her feet. She really loved it.

Maggie is in the wars today. She loves pulling the books etc off the shelves of the coffee table. Anyway she was kneeling on a book and lent forward to pull out more stuff and slipped and bashed her head on the shelf!! Looks as though she is going to gt a black eye. Poor bubby. I don't think I could baby proof this house enough to protect her. She is into everything and moves to quickly, I think I will be putting her in the play pen more often.

angelfish Guest

Funny about kids saying dad first - but I heard that it's just common because d is physically easier to say (bc you don't have to pull your tongue back in your mouth the way you do with m). My little boy's first word was not mummy or daddy, it was button. Go figure. Milly makes a huge range of sounds and is very good at letting us know what she thinks, but she is not attempting any words as yet. Astrid, I reckon Maggie is so intent on practising standing up, she can't be bothered to be interested in other things like food. They do seem to have little bursts of concentrating on one aspect of development. Re my MIL, I kind of get on OK with her, it's just that we get on a whole lot better when she's in Sydney and I'm in Hobart. She does help out a lot when she comes to stay, but I'm always relieved at the end of the stay as I like my own space, KWIM? Stormi, that thing with the washing on the bed - happens in our house quite often

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi All

Just popping my head in to say hi and so I get the reminders for this thread Will post properly tomorrow

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Well Makenzie FINALLY had her 6 month needles today LOL! Poor little button, she howled but not for long, she settled down quickly after the initial shock. The doctor got the nurse to come in so they could do both needles simultaneously so she only had one shock, not two! She got weighed and everything, she's not as heavy as I expected, she was only 8.4kgs and 67cms long.

Brooke - I read somewhere that once solids are established they should be having between 1/3 and 1/2 a cup. I'm going to put Makenzie on two meals soon as she still only has one but she loves food so much so I'll have to do that soon.

She had avocado for the first time yesterday and absolutely loved it! I put a little bit of rice cereal with it so it wouldn't be so strong a taste and she gobbled the lot! So basically she's tried banana, apple, pear, carrot and now avocado LOL. I bought a heap of vegies yesterday and I cooked up a large sweet potato and pureed that, and then did a couple of potatos and have put them in snaplock bags and frozen them for when she tries them. We ended up making ourselves mashed potato with dinner last night as when I did the potatos for Kenzie in the food processor they were so light and fluffy! So we did more potatos for us with a bit of butter and milk and salt and they were sooooooo yum! I've never been fussed on mashed potato but this was yum! I tasted Kenzie's sweet potato too and that was yummy as well! Gonna cook up the pumpkin today and whizz and freeze that.

Brooke - that's so cute about Maya crawling everywhere and all over you. Makenzie's starting to get on her hands and knees a fair bit now and she can inch her way around the place, but takes her ages.

When I was shopping yesterday I got Makenzie her very first toothbrush! It's so cute, has little ducks all over it. I thought that now she has teeth I'll start getting her used to a toothbrush.

Anyway, better go get the boys lunch and tidy up as MIL is coming over this arvo to make chocolate crackles with the boys LOL

Stormi

Great that Makenzie loves avacado so does Erykah. A recipe idea (simple one if you can call a recipe) is Avacado and Banana Erykah loves it.

Erykah has been on 3 meals a day for a while now. I slaved (slight exaggeration) over Egg custard for lunch made with soy milk and when I gave her it she turned her nose up to the savory and the sweet and cried till I gave her my milk. Bless her she has eaten both many times before. Not sure if her teeth are coming

She is getting a little clingy to me (well anyone) she is less independant and always wants someone with her. If she is fine on her own then glances me she starts to whinge till I sit with her.

Best go get her tea been out to a winery all afternoon for lunch with girlfriends v nice

Jo

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast