Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2005 #3

Default Babies Born June 2005 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

SherieB - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

June '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: *Megan*
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 2nd June 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Finlay
    Baby's Website: http://photobucket.com/albums/v709/babypics/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Born by c/section
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: BekZ
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 9/11/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.580 kg - Length 51- Head Circ -34.5
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Sara Ellyse
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Generally a really happy little bub. Started walking on 5 October 2006 and is getting into every thing.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

Forum Name: Belmarks
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 12 June 2005
    Baby Name(s): Coby Matthew
    Baby's Website: www.marks.bigpondhosting.com
    Health Concerns: Immature Sphincter & valve between stomache and oesophagus causing vomitting - Still chucking heaps - will correct itself with time/age
    Notes: Coby was born almost a month early, he was delivered via emergency c section due to reduced fetal movements and distress. He was placed on CPAP for 4 days due to difficulties breathing (even though his APGAR scores were great). Coby is fine now and growing well. He's our little peanut!!

Forum Name: Stormi
    Baby's DOB: 16th June 05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3090 gm /6lb 12oz Length - 49cm Head - 34cm
    Baby Name(s): Makenzie Rose
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/threecherubs/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) C/S

Forum Name: Brookey
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 19th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -3745g Length - 52.5cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Baby's Name: Maya Ellen
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Born with a moderate tongue tie which made BF near impossible, tried for 6 weeks and then switched to formula. Maya had colic for first 3 months and has a flat head on one side which is evening out. well. She is very happy and healthy otherwise!!
    Notes: 3 days overdue, extended first stage labour, vaginal birth.

Forum Name: Astrid
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 22nd June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 13oz/3520g, 50cm length
    Baby Name(s): Margaret Judith nn Maggie
    Baby's Website: DH won't let me have one
    Health Concerns: Difficult feeder, slow weight gain.
    Notes: born 8 days late. Attempted natural birth, bubs would not come out. Attempted a ventous extration, but that did not work, so ended in emergency c-section with complications.

Forum Name: heather
    Baby's DOB: 26th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -3120g, length - 49cm, head 33
    Baby Name(s): Hendrix John
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/hendrixjohn/
    Health Concerns:Wind
    Notes: 5 days early, 4.5 hour labour, natural vaginal water birth

Forum Name: LG
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 30th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.52kg Length - 52cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby Name(s): Evan
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/n/nickandlinds
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Tigergirl1980
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB:30th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -7lb 5oz Length -54 cms Head Circ -34cms
    Baby Name(s): Jonah Alexander
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ouralienbaby/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None now as they are all clear.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3 weeks early, forceps delivery after pushing for 2 hours.

Forum Name: Wardygirl
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 30th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4110 gm /9lb 1oz Length - 53.5cm Head Circ - 36.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Blake Elliott
    Baby's Website: TBA
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3 days late, natural 5 hour labour. Spent 5 days on antibiotics due to GBS+
    Last edited by christy; October 21st, 2006 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Removal of PPL from names list that haven't posted since 1st April 2006

To catch up on your previous thread go here

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, how are you all?

Brooke, Maya's new photos are great, gee she looks like Dan, even with his sunnies on, I can tell she looks like him....Same face shape or something...

Just a quick post from me. Coby is going well, although his little personality is starting to get stronger everyday and he is asserting himself quiet well now with mini tantrums etc. Hmmmm interesting!!

Have a question for you all, we went to the paediatrician yesterday, and he said that Coby has a small head, its below the grey scale in the blue book and hasn't increased in about a month or so, he didn't seem overly concerned, but he did mention it, so I assume that he was at least a little bit worried about it. Any suggestions on what I can feed Coby as "brain food" to get his head to grow?

*Megan* Guest

Hi Everyone

Sorry that I am so slow with the posting - just can never find the time! Having the day off from work today and am catching up on all of the jobs!

Bel - not sure about the head thing? I didn't think that a head could be too small??? What about feeding him bits of fish? Does he like seafood? Let us know how you go!

Brooke - I thought about you lots too and I think that I still have your mobile number....good to be chatting with you again!
    Finlay sleeps from about 6pm-5am every night which is great....he wakes though as his dummy falls out but he is learning to get himself back to sleep without it which is fabulous!

Must fly - hope that everyone else is well - talk to you soon

Megan

Heys girls!

Well what has been happening here?? Maggie is almost standing by herself, it is funny she needs to be holding on to an object to do so, I suppose it tricks her into thinking she is holding on to furniture. She has 6 teeth now, the top front ones are finally through, trust her to not do anything in order.

She seesm so much bigger than before, it is like her body is getting longer longer, but her legs aren't, she must be taking after her daddy. Found an old school photo of mine (6yrs old), so I finally have proof that she looks like me. I was blonde as a kid, but everyone thinks her blondeness is from her daddy.

Oh she had a new sound now "tickaticka****a" Don't know where she got that one from. It is know the new sound for hitting daddy in the head in the middle of the night

Stormi Guest

Hi all, just a quick pop-in post as I have things to do, people to see LOL.

Bel - I looked at Coby's photos and his head doesn't seem small. Does he have that flat spot at the back of his head? I have found that as babies sleep on their backs these days (as recommended) and they get that flat spot at the back, that seems to decrease their head circumference somewhat. Kenzie only has a little head. My 7 year old seems to have a small head compared to other boys his age, while my 4 year old seems to have a big head. Do you have the actual circumference measurement? I can't remember what Kenzie's was last time it was measured but I'll have a look and get back to you.

Astrid - I was thinking that about Kenzie the other day. She seems to have a longer body and short legs! I think when they have a nappy on though it makes it look like their legs start from the bottom of the nappy. Plus babies are a bit bow-legged until they start walking all the time etc so that makes it look a bit funny too.

Well no exciting news here. I've started Kenzie on finger foods in the last couple of days or so. She can eat chopped up food okay but was a bit worried about her holding her own food and eating it. Till the other night when DH let her have McDonalds fries! She loved them, ate them no problem. She's had vegemite on toast and I let her feed herself that, she was pretty good, biting small pieces off to chew, but then at the end she was stuffing too much into her mouth and having a tanty when I'd take some out! The last few nights she's been eating what we have for dinner, normally she has a separate meal to us but I've just been chopping up what we've been having and she's been joining us for dinner. Will be glad when she can feed herself with a spoon though, will stop my dinner from getting cold! Last night she had spinach and ricotta ravioli with sundried tomato sauce!

Anyway, better go, MIL is coming for lunch and I still have a towel wrapped around my wet hair and have washing to bring in and more to hang out, so better get to it (think I might cheat and use the dryer)

*Megan* Guest

Hi Girls

Astrid - little Maggie is an angel! She is sooo cute...good news that she does look like you. I know what you mean about everyone always saying the baby looks like daddy! There have to be some mummy bits in there somewhere....

Lisa - little Mackenzie is beautiful! Wow she has changed (mind you I haven't been around for 7 months and time sure does fly!)

All is well here, we are getting some more teeth on the bottom though which will make 8. He has been a little grizzly and not his cheery self! As soon as he cuts them though, he will feel a lot better.

Hope that everyone is going OK - we have the day off together today so I think that we will do some shopping and more chores....the weather has cooled down here in the mornings so I think that I will make a butter chicken! Love curries in the cooler weather...

Have a good day everyone

Megan

Great to see some posts in here!!!

Thats great that Kenzie is doing so well with finger food, Stormi! I tried to get Evan to eat finger food but it wasn't very successful!! I can't work it out - everything he grabs (i mean everything!!) he puts straight in to his mouth. Yesterday i put some bits of bread in front of him, he picked them up, squished them between his fingers and promtly threw them over the highchair :-k ! He is doing better with lumpier foods, but still prefers the smoother stuff. He will eat pieces of banana if it's from a spoon, but he won't pick them up! Mind you, Evan has only got 2 bottom teeth so maybe we've got to wait for a few more.

I'm running out of ideas for lunches for Evan. Any suggestions? For the past 2 weeks he's had the same thing - half an avacardo, a banana and a tub of yoghurt. He has cereal for breakfast and a cup of warm veggies/meat plus half a cup of fruit for dinner.

Evan is cruising around all the furniture now. i can't keep his bum on the ground for more than a few seconds anymore! He's not balancing himself standing yet, but i don't think it's far off. He hangs on to a table/chair and reaches down with one arm to pick something up and then looks so proud of himself =D> !!!

Brooke, from memory you said that Maya was sleeping through now \/ ? Lucky - so envious!! I was just wondering, how did you do that????? Did you stop feeding her at night? I tried not to feed Evan last night but he wouldn't go back to sleep until i fed him (after an hour of trying - it seems like a loooooong while at 1am!). He still wakes 2-3 times a night :shock: . The water idea didn't work. Anyone else had babies go from waking for feeds to suddenly deciding themselves to sleep through? I'm all for attending to all his needs, just wondering if there is really light at the end of the tunnel...?! Must be soon.... we're nearly 10mo (how time flies!!)

Linds

*Megan* Guest

Hi Girls

Brooke - so sorry to hear about your grandma - sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead of you . Lucky little Maya is such a good girl!!

Linds - I have been making soup for FInlay. He likes the pumpkin and sweet potato one and I give him a piece of wholemeal toast with this. We also sometimes have pasta for lumch with vegies or cannellini beans with pumpkin and parsley - hope that this gives you some suggestions to work with.....

Poor little Evan not being able to 'chomp' with only 2 teeth - I bet that they will all come at once!! (Not wishing this on him though..... [-o< )

I got Finlay to sleep through very early and I cluster fed him a lot. We also play music now to put him back to sleep- maybe tthis would help? We also try adn leave him for a few mins so that he can self settle - but if you are doing this a couple of times a night - I bet this is exhausting! Does he wear a sleeping bag to bed? I found that this helped as well as he couldn't roll around and wake himself up.....

Do you girls have mothers groups?

Better go - I have a little man that wants to help me with the typing?!?

Speak soon

Megan

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Brooke - Sorry to hear about your Nan. You'll be surprised about how quickly they recover from him replacements though! My mum had both of hers replaced a few years ago, and she was only in hospital for about 3 days as she recovered so well. She had one replaced a couple of years ago as she fell and it cracked. She didn't recover quite so well from that one though as she was 10 years or so older than when she had them first done and also she's in a nursing home so she doesn't move around as much to exercise it, but she's still mobile again and doesn't need a stick or anything.

We don't really have a lot of spicy foods for dinner these days because of the boys, especially Cooper - fussy is an understatement! He'd lived on plain pasta if he could. We do have spag bol with garlic in it and she eats that. Just makes life so much easier when they can eat the same meal as the rest of the family. Sometimes she gets hungry before we have dinner so then I just make her something else, but she usually still wants bits of what we are having.

She's started standing between the boys' chairs at dinner if she's not eating with us, as they normally drop a lot of food so she's learnt to hang around there in the hopes she can get something. I said to DH that she's like a pet dog, hanging around for scraps that are dropped LOL!

Linds - I think they can still "gum" finger foods if they only have a couple of teeth. Both my boys only had the two bottom teeth at the same age and they used to devour everything! I don't think finger foods matter too much, as long as they have lumps so they learn to chew. I think it's one of these things where kids learn to do it at different ages. They won't be eating purees for life!

Megan - We don't have a mother's group. I didn't even go to the clinic with Kenzie, let alone join their mother's group! Didn't go to antenatal classes either so don't meet up with any of them either. Playgroups are good when they are a bit older, like from about 18 months. I think there are a few now that run them on Saturdays for the working mums.

I tell you what, I am sooooo sick of monitoring the floor all day long. The boys were really good at keeping small stuff off the floor but they've got lazy lately. Riley just opened a packet of choc-coated sultanas and of course they fell out and rolled onto the floor, I've just had to examine every inch of the floor for wayward sultanas.

OMG, had the worse thing happen the other day. Kenzie ate something that made my stomach turn. I was sooooooo dry-retching. Let's just say bathroom door was open and small boys sometimes have accidents and leave pants on the floor. :shock: Sorry if anyone's just eaten LOL.

Better go, the boys are being feral. They are having their own WWF in the hallway, now one of them's been injured.

Stormi Guest

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day, especially those celebrating their first mother's day.

Brooke - Glad your nanna is doing well. Woohoo with your getting-to-sleep improvements with Maya. Before long you'll be able to pop her in the cot and she'll go off to sleep no worriess. How is her hand? I read about the burn. They are little buggers, aren't they. So unpredictable and so fast. I remember when one of the boys was young, probably around a year or a bit older (can't remember which it was, I think it was Cooper) he reached up to the kitchen bench (actually, was probably closer to 18 months). I didn't think he could reach that high and pulled down a cup of coffee straight over his face and down his body. OMG all I could think of was he was going to have a scarred face for life so I ran a cold bath and threw him in it fully clothed, poor kid was screaming more coz of the cold water than anything. I just remember seeing his face go red from the coffee and totally freaked. Luckily he didn't actually get any severe burns, his face and chest was red but once the cold water was on it for a while it went away. I was so upset, I couldn't stop crying for ages.

Can't really help with the food thing with Maya. Don't stress too much about the vegies. My boys went off vegies and I was told just to make sure they eat plenty of fruit instead. Just wait till they are 7 and every dinner you make you get a tantrum and "I HATE that, you KNOW I hate that, I'm not eating it, it's not fair that you make me eat it" blah blah blah. Now THAT is fun.

Well Makenzie is doing pretty well. Always into mischief and doesn't sit still very often. She's been crawling properly for a little while now, always thought she'd just do her weird caterpillar slide thing. She stands up on her own now and stands without holding on for ages, she even bounces up and down while standing on her own, but hasn't taken any steps yet. She walks for ages though if you hold her hands. She even tries to run if she spots something she wants lol. I got her weighed etc last week and she's 9.5kgs and 72cms (I think, or maybe it was 74cms lol). Not really saying anything consistently, only really says "bubba" "dadda" and "mummmmm" now and then. Still, she doesn't shut up with her babble lol.

She does this cute thing now where you say "Where are your eyes?" and she scrunches her eyes up really tight. She's obsessed with eating paper, cardboard etc. She thinks she's won the lottery if one of the boys leaves their pokemon cards on the floor ROFL.

Anyway, better go, she's trying to open the hard drive and will probably reboot it before I post this LOL.

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Brooke - glad to hear Maya is eating well and that you also got a nice sleep-in. I'm lucky that Kenzie is not a morning person (neither are my boys - they all take after their mummy lol). She usually gets up around 8-8.30am. We've had a few nights of her waking up at like 3 or 4am and crying and not wanting to go back to sleep. Coz she shares a room with Riley we can't really leaver her to howl in her cot for long so if she won't settle we have to take her into the lounge room to get her back to sleep. Anyway, after about 3 nights of that I think she was thinking she could wake up and get cuddles. So the other night when she woke at 4am I just kept laying her back down and covering her over and standing next to the cot with my back to her though, and every time she stood up I'd say gently "no" and lay her back down and turn my back to her etc. Did this for about half an hour, then really had to wee badly so I walked out expecting her to scream and she did a little half hearted cry and then went back to sleep. So then last night she didn't wake up at all! So hopefully she realised that if she wakes up at night she's not always going to get cuddles out on the lounge with mummy!

Not much is new with Kenzie. She loves dancing to music and it's really funny how when the TV is on and an ad comes on with music she stops what she is doing and dances.

MY exciting (well, exciting for me, at least) news is today I bought a drumkit! I have wanted to learn drums for 20 years and that desire has not waned over the years, but by the time I moved out and had the money, there wasn't really any room for a kit and I thought by then I was too old to learn to play and there wasn't much point learning if I didn't have a kit to practice on. So a couple of weeks ago I thought "stuff it" and booked in for lessons, had my first lesson on Tuesday night and it was awesome. Been looking at drumkits since then and went and bought one today. I get it tomorrow as they have to put the skins on it etc. Now we just have to make room for it! I'm so excited. It's just so awesome to be fulfilling your lifelong dream.

Anyway, am supposed to be folding and putting away about 3 basket loads of clothes, so should go and do that I suppose.

Hope everyone and their bubs are well. It IS hard to believe they are almost one. What's everyone planning for their birthdays? I think we'll just have a family BBQ or something. I'm sure the boys will suggest a McDonalds party though LOL

Stormi Guest

Brooke - I just looked at Maya's webpage. She's so gorgeous! I lurv her dressing gown! Kenz is getting a dressing-gown off SIL for her birthday. She's been wearing the hand-me-down one from the boys, but it's dark blue with a dragon on it. I told SIL to get a size 2. I did that when I bought the blue one for Cooper, got a size 2, he wore it for about 3 winters then it was passed on to Riley who wore it for a couple of winters or so and now Kenzie wears it when it's really cold. But a pink girly one would be much nicer!

Kenzie's started to have tantrums. She used to just cry when something wasn't going her way, but yesterday she started having full leg-kicking, arm flailing ones. She did it when I tried to take a tube of nappy cream off her. Of course Cooper thought it was hilarious so kept trying to take it off her to make her react. It was quite funny, coz if you just touched it with your finger she'd start yelling at you and kicking her legs and arms around.

Nothing much else is happening. Kenzie LOVES my drumkit though (as does the rest of the family). If I'm playing it, Kenz crawls between the drums and gets at my feet and looks up at me with that "Let me have a turn" face. It's quite cute, as she's been watching me play so knows exactly what to do, so she gets the drumsticks, sits on my lap, hits one stick on the hihat and the other on the snare. She'll end up a child drum prodigy!

Not long till their birthdays now! Suppose I should think about what to buy her, I have no idea. She doesn't really need toys as I kept the baby toys the boys had, and she just plays with their stuff anyway. I guess she doesn't need much anyway as she won't understand what's going on. Might just give her one of my old magazines LOL.

Better go, we are going to an indoor play centre today. Kenzie has been to one since she crawl and pull up on stuff so I'm sure she'll have fun climbing around all the stuff and bouncing around on the jumping castle. Ohh, better pack my camera and get some pics.

How is everyone going !! Busy celebrating birthdays ??

Love

Stormi Guest

Yes, it is very quiet in here.

Happy birthday to Finlay! Happy birthday to Coby for Monday, too!

Can't believe Kenz's birthday is in a week! I'm so disorganised. Have not organised anything for her birthday yet, haven't even bought her presents yet either! I have NO idea what to get her. The only thing she actually NEEDS is summer clothes but the shops aren't stocking summer stuff yet. I might actually buy her a couple of thick sleepsuits, like in that fleecy tracksuit stuff, or polar fleece or something. I will have to go shopping and check out toys and get some ideas. She likes buttons and switches and stuff so will have to look for something that has things like that.

I asked DH what we were going to do for Kenzie's birthday and he said "Ignore it". I got so cross! Then he said "She's ONE! What do you WANT to do?". I think he thought I wanted to give her a big party at a playcentre or something. He also thinks I shouldn't worry about what I buy her as "she's ONE" and won't know what's going on. I told her the boys would be very upset if Kenzie had a birthday and got no presents from us. I'm not going to go overboard with it, will probably only buy her a couple of toys and that's it. MIL will probably spoil her anyway lol.

Kenzie's being a bit naughty with her food. You used to be able to give her a sandwich or a slice of cheese etc and she would bite bits off and eat them. For a few days she's been stuffing the WHOLE thing in her mouth and then choking/gagging on it. She's got a bit better again in the last couple of days though. But first she did it with a chunk of chicken breast, started biting bits off it then I saw she was gagging and out came the whole chunk of chicken. Then she did it with chips, shoved a whole heap in at once and tried to swallow them whole, did it with a sandwich, did it with a slice of cheese. I guess she was just testing her boundaries as to how much she can have in her mouth lol.

Anyway, think I might go and update her website, hasn't had any new pics for a while, and I have lots of cute ones, especially of her playing the drums!

*TamaraP* Guest

Happy Birthday to all the June Bubbies!!! Hope you get some yummy cake!!!

belmarks Guest

Happy birthday to you all for this wonderful month.

Coby's birthday was a hit, we had a party and it was a nice day for family and a few of Coby's friends from mothers group.

Hope you are all well, and looking forward to hearing all the birthday stories....

Happy Birthday to all the little June Babies!!!

Sorry have been quite neglectful of this thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast