Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2005 #3

Stormi Guest

Awwwwww, look at Kenzie's ticker, it says 12 months!

Well we are not sure what's happening with the birthday celebrations today as Kenzie and Riley are both sick. We have rellies coming tonight, but my SIL was coming today but we aren't sure the baby should be around Kenzie or not. So we're waiting to hear.

Kenzie's eating the box one of her presents came in LOL. That's more exciting than the actual presents.

Better go and clean up in case SIL is coming, coz she'll be here in an hour if she is.

Happy birthday to Maya too! Hope you have a nice day in your new house!

Stormi Guest

Happy Birthday MAYA!

Happy 1st Birthday Maya!!!
    Hope you are having a lovely day.

Stormi Guest

Your ticker seems fine now (didn't notice anything wrong with it before though). I can't believe a year has past. I had to go to the chemist today coz Kenzie's horrid cold is so bad, I only got 3 hours sleep last night, and that's coz I put her in bed with me at 4.30am, and DH is away in Melbourne for a week. So went to get some Demazin for her and the girl in the chemist asked how old she was now and I said "ONE!". Seemed so weird, saying just "one" instead of however many months. Mind you, it starts again next month with "13 months" etc.

The scary thing is, I remember when Cooper was a baby, saying stuff to people like "Oh, I wonder what he'll be like when he starts school" etc and that seemed sooooooo far away, like an eternity. Now he's halfway through his 3rd year at school, and Riley starts big school next year too! That's why I'm making sure I enjoy every moment of Kenzie being a baby/toddler, coz it goes so fast!

Wow - had Maggies 1st Birthday yesterday. Was fairly uneventful due to both her and me being ill. Poor little thing has croup. We had family over as well, so it would have been nice if we could have done more for her. I suppose we will make up for it when the next lot of family arrive next week.

Stormi Guest

Happy birthday Maggie! Croup is awful, Riley's had it twice in as many months.

Don't talk to me about sickness! Kenzie got over her week-long diarrhea and has now got a rotten cold - luckily she slept through last night, first time in 4 nights. Riley is just getting over croup/gastro/cold, and today Cooper is home with the cold, I've woken up with the stupid cold, and of course DH is in Melbourne so I've been coping with 3 sick kids on my own! I'm so glad I got sleep last night, because if I had another bad night last night I know I would have totally lost the plot. I didn't sleep well because of the cold but at least I wasn't constantly up all night with Kenz.

She's been having Infant's Demazin and also I've been rubbing that Vick's baby balm on her chest. She's having trouble eating as when she closes her mouth to chew, she can't breathe properly. So she's been having pureed food!

All I can say is thank God DH comes home tomorrow - I plan to spend all of Sunday in bed!

belmarks Guest

Happy birthday Maggie, hope you had a great day xxx

Lisa, poor Makenzie with the sickness. And you all are sick too, how do you cope, especially with DH away? Hope you are all back to normal soon xxx

Coby is going well, has 6 teeth now and is fighting fit, apart from this persistant cold he has had for months now, he just can't shake it. Other than that though, he's going really well.

Stormi Guest

Hey Bel,

Hmmm, how do I cope? Only just! I could manage it quite well I think if it weren't for all the sickness and me having hardly slept for most of the time DH has been away! I've been so cranky. At least I'm in a bit better mood today coz I got some sleep last night. Just as well, coz my throat is so sore I can't really yell at the boys anyway! They always test my patience when DH is away. They had crappy dinners tonight because I really wasn't up to cooking a proper meal for us and I'm not really hungry anyway, and I couldn't bear the thought of them whinging about dinner AGAIN, so they had whatever they wanted (Riley had peanut butter on toast and Cooper had a cup of those Fantastic noodles lol). I'm sure one night of rubbish for dinner isn't going to do any harm. Kenzie had baked beans mashed up.

Glad Coby is doing well. Don't they look cute with teeth. Kenzie has 8 now, she looks so cheeky when she smiles.

Don't know if I mentioned Kenzie was walking 80% of the time. She was taking just several steps and didn't take long for her to get the hang of walking across a room. Now she prefers it to crawling, but she cheats a bit, she goes around all the furniture and holds on with one hand, like she'll walk all the way down the hallway but has one hand against the wall. She can walk a fair way on her own but she does it quite slowly, and gets upset when she tries to go fast then loses balance.

Anyway, better get her to bed and the boys ready to bed so I can get to bed too!

Stormi Guest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENDY!

Hope you're well, Heather, haven't heard from you for a while! Hope Hendy has a great
    1st birthday!

Hey Guys! Im back to BB (just recently and had forgotten about the June thread!!). Thank you all so much for the Birthday wishes for Hendy and HAPPY HAPPY belated birthdays to all your bubbas!

Ill be back soon to catch up on the goss.
    xx

belmarks Guest

Hey Brooke, good to hear from you, how was Maya when she was getting her molars? Coby is getting his I think, and he is awful, just so whingey and clingy all the time, its just awful for him and nothing seems to pacify him. Oh well, just another one of those things we've gotta put up with I guess....

Brooke - hopefully Maya walks soon for you. Bummer about the ear infection.

Well Maggie has had some form of cough/cold the past month, she even had croup that developed into Bronchiolitis (nether very severe). Anyway the cough is still hanging around, so we have to go for an xray in case there is an infection there that the doctors cannot hear.

She will be starting childcare 1 day per week next week, very scary, but I think she is of an age now where she can handle it. She rarely gets cared for by anyone but me and DH, but she has been coping better when I have left her with someone.

Maggie is so mobile now, climbing on everything, able negotiate obstacles really well etc Such a change from a year ago when she was such a little baby. She is such the little performer now. When we brush her hair she says "pretty" and tries to brush our hair. She also has a thing now for pulling her top up and she now does it when we say "flash your belly!" LOL

Hope all the other little (or not so little anymore) June Bubbas are doing really well.

Geez this thread is even quieter than our May thread PMSL! Hope all you girls & your bubbas are doing well.

Brooke, I'm just popping in to ask you whether or not you found a non cow/soy milk substitute that was suitable for Maya to drink? I'm sure I remember you posting something ages ago about it?? Kynan is still having 2-3 BF a day but I'm thinking ahead for alternative drinks in case he decides to wean (because of the PG).

I had a look at the latest pics of Maya on your website the other day BTW. She's just gorgeous!

Ahhh that explains where you've all gotten too LOL.

Thanks, Brooke. If Kynan decides to wean I might try him out on the occasional drink of rice milk. He has cows milk on his cereal most mornings but too much seems to make him a bit spewy.

Hehe yep I think you knew that I was PG... actually, I think you were one of the first on BB to congratulate me LOL. Kynan is still going strong with the BF for the moment so we'll see how he goes the further into the PG I get! If he wants to continue I'm happy to BF 2 bubbas.

belmarks Guest

Angel wow that's fantastic that you are pg, congrats honey!!

Wow you girls have been quiet... took me a while to find this thread

Hiya girls

if not one posts in here anymore I may contemplate merging you with another thread.

Love

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast