Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2005

Hey guys

Must be a day of sleep and happiness! Hendy slept right through last night without one wake up which was lovely. Then he had a two hour sleep today as well as two other short ones. Very very happy mummy!

Brooke - PMSL @ you with the phone in your boobies! hehe you silly duffer.

xx

Wow, lots to catch up on with all of you and your babies! Trying to think what has been happening here.

Maggie kind of has her own routine. Of a morning she is "Angelbaby" she sleeps lots and goes to sleep quite easily of a morning. After midday she becomes "hellbaby" difficult to settle and very difficult to feed. Evenings she begins to settle down. I feed her when she seems to want to be fed, which has become difficult as she behaves like she wants to be fed, but then refuses the breast. She is constantly changing her preferred position. As for a nighttime routine, we don't have one, I am so slack at implementing one. I should really give it another go.

We have been taking Maggie to an Osteo. Her reflux has really improved and it has helped her original bout of breast refusal, but she is still fussy. Have had to stop for the moment due to finances.

Maggie seems to have a constant blocked nose and it is interfering with her sleep at night. Last night I had her in bed and she would not stop feeding, so I got her up and put some drops in her nose. This cleared the blockage and she went straight to sleep. Not sure why a blocked nose makes her want to feed. Anyway does anyone have any ideas on how to keep her nose unblocked?

Started solids yesterday. It looks as though she is almost ready, she has been really interested in watching us eat for ages and has been mimicking us. She seemed to enjoy it but not love it, she did not eat much, only a couple of teaspoons of rice cereal. Will try it again today and see how she goes. If she doesn't take a bit more I will leave it for a week and see how she goes then.

Astrid

belmarks Guest

any of you lovelies live near Southport in QLD? I need to find some cheap accommodation for one or two nights there. My friend who I went to school with is in labour as I type this and she is at Gold Coast Hospital, so I am thinking about flying up to visit her once the baby is ok (like in the next few days) so if anyone has some cheap accommodation that they know of, please let me know (just a crappy motel on the side of the road will do)

Thanks heaps!!

Hi again everyone,

Bel, firstly sorry I haven't sent to pattern yet. I just realised when I saw your name in the thread. Doh! ](*,) What a bad BB Buddy. Will get it done today.

Blake slept through again last night - hasn't dont this for months - well nearly 2! Now that my milk is back to normal (do I have a normal?) after all the stress of Dad's death, and now that Blake's having food I think he's a happier boy. Hopefully he's sleep well again tonight.

Brooke! Oops, what a troublesome time you've had with your phones and the spider! Apart from dropping it, I think it's a great way to talk on the phone - down the bra between the boozies! LOL. I know when I'm hanging out washing I take the phone with me to get 10 mins or so to chat. You have to be able to multi-task... it's just part of being a woman!

Not much other news. Still haven't decided on whether to sign Blake up with the agency. I don't want to stuff up his routine by having to take him out all the time. we only really went in to meet them out of curiousity, not to get him signed up. I'm flattered they want him but.... I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Stuff to do... have a great afternoon.
    xx

Hey gals

Well it must be a week of accidents except that mine this morning was a little more major than brookes oopsie! I crashed the car! Never had an accident before and this morning i scratched the whole of the side of the car on a parked car ](*,) ](*,) ](*,). Thank goodness I didnt have Hendy in the car he was at home with mike. God i feel like an utter idiot. BIG [email protected]#k UP.

Rach - good to hear from you matey! I think that you should do with Blake what you feel. Maybe if you sign him up you can do a job here and there or be a bit choosie of the work you choose for him. I thought about signing up Hendy but we cant afford the 400 or so dollars they quoted us!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

OMG Heather, you poor thing, glad to hear it wasn't a really bad one and that you weren't hurt. Bet you were still shaken up though. Don't beat yourself up too badly though, these things happen unfortunately.

Kate- What an odd dream you had, maybe it was a premonition, maybe there will be a Bellybelly camp or something

belmarks Guest

hey Rach, I think I would be really flattered if I was asked to do that with Coby, just go with your gut and like someone else said, just pick and choose!! Glad that Blake is sleeping better again!!

Heather, wow, glad you're ok, I have done something similar to that when I was on my fertility treatment, I just didn't have my mind on the job, but I hit a pole in a shopping centre. Felt like a stupid "woman driver".

Just found out my friend had her baby yesterday at 3.30pm, a little girl - Olivia 3.45kg 53cm. I can't wait to go up and see them.....

Oh guys thanks for your kind words. Im fine just feeling as bel perfectly described as a stupid women driver!! Although today im feeling a little apprehesive about driving.

Kate - i feel so special to have been in your dream! I hope you are preggers and im the first to know hehe!! I wish i wasnt a dream and that we really could hang out!

Bel - congrats to your friend for the birth of her baby girl.

Hey Kate - if you go to amazon and search for the book you can click on it and preview a few pages. In this it shows you the calender for every leap the book discusses. I dont have my book on me as a friend is borrowing it.
    xx

Stormi Guest

Hi guys,

Heather - sorry to hear about your accident. I get so upset whenever I have an accident - luckily I've never had a major one - I've taken side mirrors off parked cars a couple of times though! Makes you very shaky though when you have to drive again though. But don't worry, it happens to us all at some stage.

Well I'm stressed out today. Poor Kenzie has eczema (I think it's eczema). She has it mostly on her chest and when she had her needles last, it wasn't too bad and the GP just said to use a cortisone 1% cream on it. Anyway, it's flared up in the last few days and it's soooooooo bad now. I'll have to take her to the doctors tomorrow. I've been using Sigmacort on it, I bought Dermaveen cream that I've been putting on it as well, and bought QV bath oil and also bath wash. I feel so bad because she is obviously itchy because as soon as I take her clothes off to put the cream on her hand is on her chest scratching it. She is not on solids yet so it's obviously not food allergy - all she's had was one mouthful of plain rice cereal a couple of weeks ago, yesterday she had some banana, but other than that she's just been having her formula. It's so weird as the boys never had eczema, and no-one in either family has it either.

Anyway, that's my little vent, hope everyone is well.

Geez where is everyone today?? Its a very lonely place with no one to talk to!

Heather - A lot of the forums are quite slow with not many regulars, May is quite busy you can always pop on over if you like, I`m always interested to know how you and Hendy are getting on and I want to thank you for the lovely message you left me in the pregnancy announcement forums, I got very emotional reading it :flower:

I"m about today, but Maggie is being a bit high maintenance and I am not getting to much oppurtunity to post, every time I start she wakes up.

Maggie has developed a strange rash on her bottom. It is not thrush and it is not normal nappy rash as I always use a cream on her. The doctor looked at it and has prescribed Sigmacort cream, but that is not doing much. The rash is between her butt cheeks and on the edges of her girlie bits (not sure what the preferred term is in this forum). Anyone else had this?

Astrid

belmarks Guest

hang on hang on....

Dee, you're pregnant again CONGRATULATIONS HONEY!!

That's wonderful news. Were you trying or just happened??

Well done, you will be very busy come July next year!!

Fingers crossed it happens for me soon too........

belmarks Guest

where is everyone? Its awfully quiet in here lately.....

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh yay Brooke, that's so exciting! Will give you congrats when it happens I guess I hope you don't have to wait too long, and of course we expect full details of the moment

Brookey - congrats on the soon to be engagement. I hope Dan proposes to you in a lovely way. Maggie loves the Jolly Jumper as well. We set her up with her activity table and she loves bouncing and hitting the buttons.

Having trouble getting motivated here. I should be doing housework, but it is the first time in ages I have not had DH in the house during the day (he was on night shift) and I am enjoying the peace and quiet and not having someone hogging the couch.

Astrid

belmarks Guest

Wow Brooke that's fantastic news - no congrats yet though, will wait for the BIG announcement, but how exciting hey!!

Yeah we use Huggies, we tried Snugglers a few times and while they were ok during the day a few months ago when Coby was tiny, they aren't now and I find that his little wizza gets a bit red cause its been sitting in wee (even though we change him quite frequently). They just aren't as absorbent as Huggies - they really are the best aren't they. Its just a shame that they cost so bloody much!!

We wait until we see them on sale and buy up big. They were on sale a couple of weeks ago at BIG W for $29 a box (usually $39 I think) and we bought 4 boxes of his size (6-11kg - crawlers) and a box of the next size up (walkers), we seriously ended up getting a box and a bit for free I think, it worked out really well...

Hey all, just another quick question, how much are your bubs weighing now at around 5-6 months? Just want to know if Coby is going ok? Clinic nurse says yes, but because he was a month early he's smaller than most babies and I just want to know what ballpark he's in...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast