Thread: Babies Born June 2005

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Goodness where is everyone??

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Ooooh are we allowed to do that? :-k

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Ooooh, I see, well I might pop on in some time then

belmarks Guest

ohh, that's not fair, I wish everyone could post together again, we have all been split up and its harder to keep track of so many threads....

Come back girls!!!

Stormi Guest

I'm still here..was wondering why it was so quiet and everyone has disappeared to July 05 thread! I liked this thread coz it was quieter and I could keep up a bit better, otherwise I read the posts and then by the time I'd get around to posting a reply I'd have to go, or miss a couple of days of reading and never catch up.

Miss Makenzie's doing well. Have to use the Sigmacort 4 times a day, it's improving a bit but it's still there, I was told by the GP to go back again in two weeks if it's not cleared up, she might need different treatment. Have been doing all the stuff I'm supposed to for eczema - changed washing powder to that Purity stuff, keeping her cool, only letting her wear cotton, bathing her in QV oil and bathwash etc. She's sleeping well again. She still has a late bottle (around 10-11pm) but she doesn't really wake fully for that (DH wakes her to feed her) but we've noticed in the mornings she's waking later and doesn't want a bottle straight away, so we think we'll drop that late bottle now and see what happens.

Anyway, have to fly, have to take Cooper to the dentist - he has a front tooth coming out but I don't think it's actually really ready to come out - it was loose but last week after he smashed his mouth and lost that other tooth, I think it loosened it more and it's literally hanging out of his mouth but there must still be some root holding it in coz I can't get it out - anyway, I want the dentist to look at it as he can't talk properly etc with it.

angelfish Guest

Hi, can I join in this thread?

My daughter Amelia (Milly) Mary was born on 16 June 05. At the moment her favourite activities are bouncing up and down, either in the Jolly Jumper or on somebody's knee, and putting everything in sight into her mouth. She's not interested in crawling yet, but rolls and wriggles around a lot. She is still fully breastfed right now, but we're planning to start her on food next weekend once she is six months old.

Shannon, I was interested to hear about the people who expect their kids to walk at 6 months. I have read about another culture where they don't allow kids to walk until 2. They live in the jungle (in South America I think) and there are so many dangers that it's not safe for toddlers, so they get carried by mum and if another baby arrives they get carried by dad. Isn't it amazing how different things are in different places?

Stormi Guest

Hi Angelfish,

Milly has the same birthday as my Makenzie!

You're welcome to join this thread, although I think most of us are posting in the July 05 thread instead or as well as this one, but we're all a friendly bunch so join us in July too.

Is Milly your first baby? Makenzie is my third, but she's my first girl (and only girl, not having any more kids lol).

Welcome Angelfish - great that you can join us

Well I haven't posted for a while. Have still been experimenting with solids. Maggie's still seems to dislike the rice cereal and I think it is giving her tummy pains at night, either that or I am trying to feed to her too much. So I think I will slow down and just give her apple for a couple of days, then try the rice again.

Have been really working on getting her to sleep. For a few weeks I was putting her to sleep by rocking her in her chair and playing music. It was going really well and she was going to sleep quite quickly, then all of a sudden she wouldn't sleep that way!! Today she has finally started to go back to that way again. Not sure what happened, but it is very confusing and frustrating.

We have been co-sleeping a lot more. I think she enjoys it and it is certainly easier on me when it comes to feeding her at night, but I am missing my toss and turn time. Might put her in the cot tonight and move her to the bed when she next wakes it. It is very cute having her in bed. She plays with her Daddy's beard in the middle of the night.

Better go, I really should have a shower and go to bed.

Astrid

Here's my update

Forum Name: Astrid
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 22nd June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 13oz/3520g, 50cm length
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Margaret Judith nn Maggie
    Baby's Website: DH won't let me have one
    Health Concerns: Difficult feeder, slow weight gain.
    Notes: born 8 days late. Attempted natural birth, bubs would not come out. Attempted a ventous extration, but that did not work, so ended in emergency c-section with complications.

Just trying to think what has been happening since my last post...
    Had MCHN visit this week. Went OK, Maggie is growing in height well, but not in weight. I was told to make more of an effort with solids. I was being a bit half hearted, as she is not yet 6 months, and some early attempts gave her a sore tummy. So I started to take it slowly and just give her 1 meal a day, normally apple and I had just started pumpkin. We had been advised that at this age solids is just experimenting, so I am a bit confused at the change in her advice. I now have to bump her to 2 meals, then try to get to 3. I am finding it hard to fit the meals in, as we don't follow a routine and she has been so mucky on the breast so she never seems to get in a full milk feed. I don't want her solids to interfere with her milk feeds, I would like to give them soon after a milk feed.

Maggie has been quite difficult this week. We have had builders around (or atleast waiting for them - grrrr) So we have been getting up earlier than usual. Even though we don't follow the clock, I found the earlier mornings have really affected her (and me). We are mostly co-sleeping now, so when I get up she will normally only sleep for another 15 minutes.

Got to go, she is stirring

Astrid

Stormi Guest

Astrid - Although solids is supposed to be mostly for the "experience" at this stage, if they aren't gaining enough weight then they'll suggest feeding them the meals to help with that. My first son wasn't putting on weight so he was on solids before 4 months (under the advice of my paed.)

Makenzie hasn't really had much in the way of solids yet (she was 6 months on Friday), she's had banana and rice cereal (and licked a gherkin lol). Oh, and she had a taste of avocado. I suppose I'll start her on regular solids soon, probably wait till after Christmas.

angelfish Guest

Here are my details:

Forum Name: Angelfish
    State: Tas
    Baby's DOB: 16th June 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 8lb 13oz, Length can't recall off the top of my head!
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Amelia Mary (nn Milly)
    Baby's Website: -
    Health Concerns: none - disgustingly healthy so far
    Notes: Easy home waterbirth, arrived 4 days after big brother's birthday and 1 day after daddy's birthday, so mid June will be a big celebrations month for us.

We're just beginning solids, she loves banana and will chew it quite well although she has no teeth yet. Going to embark on pumpkin this week!

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, I haven't been around much lately, was in QLD last week visiting my friend who had her baby 3 weeks ago. Both are going well.

Was worried about taking Coby on the plane, but he was absolutely fantastic. He actually enjoyed the whole experience I think. We are going to Melbourne for the Commonwealth Games in March so hopefully he will still be really good then too.

Coby is doing great, loving his food now, although I tried him on some food tonight that had a bit of texture to it and he didn't like it, in fact he gagged so much on it that he ended up throwing up, poor little man... So not really sure about how to introduce "texture" to him at this stage - any suggestions?

We are all geared up for Christmas, pressies wrapped and under the tree, organised except for our seafood which we will get on Saturday morning. What about all you girls?

Coby is sitting up now, I still have to watch him though, as we have wooden floors and if he fell, he would really hurt himself.

He is also trying VERY hard to crawl. He moves around, but its just some sort of grub looking shuffle...(IYKWIM)

Wow Brooke, I can't believe that Maya is already starting to talk, that's amazing!!

Hope you are all doing exceptionally well and your bubs too.....

belmarks Guest

just updating my details....

Forum Name: Belmarks
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 12 June 2005
    Baby's Stats: born at 17:50, 5lb 8oz (2505g), 45cm long and HC 33cm, APGAR scores 9 and 9
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Coby Matthew
    Baby's Website: www.marks.bigpondhosting.com
    Health Concerns: reflux - very bad, still chucking heaps
    Notes: Coby was born almost a month early, he was delivered via emergency c section due to reduced fetal movements and distress. He was placed on CPAP for 4 days due to difficulties breathing (even though his APGAR scores were great). Coby is fine now and growing well.

belmarks Guest

where is everyone? Am I the only one here now?

Has everyone moved over to another thread?

I'm still here. I refuse to move, but I admit I am really bad at posting in here.

belmarks Guest

Hey Astrid, I don't want to move either, I am a bit disappointed that everyone feels they have to move to another thread to chat to others, what about our thread - it shouldn't be neglected either...

We'll just chat amongst ourselves then Astrid....

Thats sounds fine with me will post an update later, I need to have dinner and see if I can get bubs down so I can type more easily.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast