Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2005

Stormi Guest

Hey, I'm still here too. I just presumed everyone had moved to the July thread. I still read this one anyway, so I'll post in here too if others are still in here.

belmarks Guest

yay!! another recruit!!

Well ladies, Coby and I had a lovely day today, we went to the clinic and got weighed and measured etc, and Coby has put on 505g in two weeks - WOW that's heaps!! He has always had slow weight gains because he was early and because he's a chucker, so hopefully he is catching up. He still chucks heaps, but at least he's now putting on weight!!

He's been really unsettled the last two weeks with his teeth and all the excitement of xmas so it was nice to have the old Coby back today, very calm and lovely!!

He's been blowing raspberries at everything lately, and loves to do it while he's eating - its tops when he blows food all around the place. Oh well, you gotta laugh!!

How are all your bubs going?

Stormi Guest

Hi guys,

Bel - That's great Coby is putting on weight. Once they start solids they usually catch up with weight. I have no idea what Makenzie weighs, she was 7kg a couple of months ago.

Kenzie was funny last night. She's recently started solids and yesterday she finally realised that when she sees the spoon she should open her mouth. Then last night Cooper (my 6 year old) was sitting near her eating a yoghurt, and she was watching him intently, then he was talking and waving his spoon around and it was near her face and she opened her mouth! He thought that was hilarious so kept putting the spoon near her face to make her open her mouth.

So has anyone given their bubs yoghurt or custard? I read somewhere not to give them dairy now till 12 months (with my boys they both had dairy at 6 months). I don't know why I'm so paranoid about what to feed her. With the boys I just followed the basic guidelines and fed them whatever. I think because she has eczema I'm a bit paranoid about her having food allergies.

I love when they taste something new how they get the "heebie shivers" and shut their eyes and shiver LOL. It's so cute. Then they look at you like "What the hey are you giving me???" LOL.

Anyway, better go, lots to do and so little time. I'm sure I live in my laundry. There's a constant flow of washing to be done every day.

belmarks Guest

Hey Lisa, I've given Coby the custard and yoghurt that Heinz make, Im sure that if you couldn't give it to them it would say on the package 1 year and over, but its in the "all ages" category....

How funny about Makenzie opening her mouth, that's so cute, Coby does it too with drinks - as soon as I put a drink to my mouth he's wanting some so if I wave it in front of his face he opens his mouth for it. They are like little birds aren't they!! Cute little darlin's!!

Not much to report here, Coby is well, and out of his teething rage - he's still teething, but these last few days he's been alot happier. Isn't it funny how they get really cross for a few days or a week, then its all over until another few weeks....It is so horrible for them...

how are the rest of you and your bubs going???

MIL is gone so now I can get back online. It was not as bad as I thought having here. I think she was on her best behaviour and I was trying to not take anything personally.

I posted in punching bag that Maggie has a couple of lumps behind her ear. Her blood count is fine, so it is just wait and see if the lumps go down, if they don't, then she needs to have an ultrasound.

Funny about Kenzie and spoons. Maggie is similar with us. I feel as though I am teasing her when I have my cereal of a morning. Not only do I have her watching me, but I have one of the cats waiting to see if she can get the milk dregs.

Maggie is now sitting really well by herself, it started just after Christmas. She almost as a real crawl happening. She is so mobile now, I can barely keep up with her. Her favourite thing to get to is my shoes and she likes to put them in her mouth. I have to put them up now.

I think she is teething. She really loves to chew things, especially teething rings straight out of the fridge. Bonjela seems to help settle her at night.

Must go, I will try to be in here more often.

Maggie's lumps are not going down. Will need to make another appointment with the Dr I think.
    Having a bit of trouble with leaking nappies overnight. Not sure if it is the batch, or because she wiggles so much when trying to put it on that I am not putting it on well.

How are all the other June bubs going?

Hi

I was posting in May as I didn't think anyone was in here anymore. So I am also here. Not been around much in the last few months as had loads of visitors over from UK.

Erykah is doing well but she is dairy intolerant due to her daddy being sri lankan (asians are dairy intolerant) I have to give her Soy milk with her rice cereal to see how she copes with Soy.

She also couldn't tolerate chicken but the MCHN thinks in a couple of months she will be fine.

She has done most veg and fruit and cous cous and rice. Gonna try pasta next.

Not sure on her current weight but she has her 8mth check up at the end of the month. She was just over 7kgs at 6 mths.

I promise to post more often. Erykah is sitting and rolling and moving backwards not far off crawling I reckon.

Wonder when she will say her first words???

It is scary how quick they grow up. She is not a tiny baby anymore

Jo

belmarks Guest

Hi Jo, welcome back. Isn't christmas a fun time with all the visitors....aarrgghh, bet your glad to have your house back... Its hard when they have intolerances, Coby doesn't have an intolerance as such, but has really bad reflux, and vomits all the time, its so frustrating! Good luck with the new solids you are trying.

Astrid, what's going on with Maggie? Im sure the lumps will be nothing to worry about. What brand of nappies are you using on Maggie overnight? I use Huggies and they never leak, they are fantastic. Have tried others but not anywhere near as good as Huggies...

I am just about to try some bulk nappies, they are called My Bear, has anyone used them? I am hoping they are good, we'll see. I haven't ordered them yet, a bit scared because they come in boxes of 100, what if they are crap????

Coby is going really well, still not sleeping much during the day, but on the whole he's pretty good. We had to go grocery shopping today and I have one of those "trolley mates" padded thing that they can sit in while they are in the trolley. Anyway, he was in it and wanted to go to sleep, so I layed him down (with his feet sticking up over the edge) and he went to sleep little peanut, it was so cute. If anyone was walking towards me all they would have seen was a pair of cute little feet sticking up over the edge of the trolley, very cute!!

Jo, pity about the dairy intolerance, atleast there is an alternative milk to try. I know what you mean about how quickly they grow. At times it seems to happen overnight. Just when Maggie seems to be putting on weight, she suddenly seems to grow longer legs and the fat disapears!

Belinda Have been using Huggies at night, I am putting Baby love on her now and it seems to fit better on her skinny body. Heres hoping for no wet patch in the morning. Pity about Coby's reflux, at least Maggies seems to have settled down

Brooke Occasionally I look at the July thread, but I am not very good at keeping up with it all and I am even worse at posting. Isn't it both great and scary when they start crawling. Good to see them reach a milestone, but scary when you realise that the house in not yet child proof.

Maggie seems to have her own little language developing. She seems to be trying to say something to the cats when she sees them, but we can't quite work out what it is. She has become very mobile in her sleep, she seems to sleep crawl and will head but the headboard. Can't even put her in the cot for short sleeps now as she wakes herself up moving around and bashing into the sides.

Hey there,
    my daughter was born 28th june 2005 at 35 weeks.

Shes obviously now 6 months old and growing SOOO fast. She was 7.6kg last week and 67cm... compared to 5lb12 and 46cm at birth!

She learnt to roll just before new years which was very exciting

looking forward to learning about all your bubbas

Well so far so good with the soy milk. At least now I can make custard with it and semolina.

Brookey - I started Erykah on solids at 4 1/2 months she was so ready for it. The MCHN said it was OK. She started off slowly introducing her to a new food every three to four days. She has eaten everything I have given her and she has a decent amount 3 times a day. Only trouble I have had is the dairy and the chicken.

I am considering whether to get a playpen or whether to use the travel cot (we hardly use the travel cot once every couple of months) she is moving around so much that soon it will be unsafe to leave her for a mintue.

Are any of you using a playpen?

Jo

belmarks Guest

Hi Charmaine, welcome to the June thread. My son Coby was born at 36 weeks and was 5lb 8oz and 45cm. He's now 6735g (at last weigh in last week) and 63cm. So sounds like they are similar.

Jo, I don't use a play pen, but a friend of mine does. I guess it all depends on what your house is like as to whether you can leave them...Mine is all one level and no stairs (except outside) so no probs in leaving Coby (not that he's mobile yet)

Supposed to be pretty hot here today 35 degrees, so Im just going to try and keep cool. I suppose it is summer afterall and we should really be expecting hot weather, but its horrible. I used love the heat, but since I was pg, I can't stand it!!

Hope you all have great days with your bubs.

xx

Charmaine - welcome to BB and the June thread, hope to hear lots about you and Bella

Jo - we have bought a playpen/porta cot, It is mainly for the times when I have to leave the room and it is not practical to bring her with me. Maggie is incredibly mobile and moves everywhere, so I can't really trust for more than a few moments by herself. She is getting better at going in it, she actually was happy for long enough to let me have a decent shower!

Not much going on here, just have to start getting ready to go away for the weekend. It was so much easier when she was little. Now I have to think about solids for the trip and whilst we are there. How many toys does she need etc Better write a list.

Brookey

No Erykah is not on meats I tried Chicken now she is 7mths but she woke screaming in the night (the same as she did with yogurht and dairy custard) so we are leaving it for a month to try again. Pumpkin didn't agree with her either but she can handle that now.

She was fine with soy milk which is great but I have to avoid anything with cows milk in it. So no yogurt, custard. I am going to ask the MHCN if she can have soy yogurt and soy ice cream (when she is a little older for the ice cream). I wonder if she will be able to tolerate cheese??

This may explain why I had so much trouble in the early days with her screaming through the night with colic symptoms. She was unable to handle my milk. Bless her I remember her little tummy was sooo swollen and rock hard. Poor little mite.

I am waiting to go out but she is tucked up in bed. I can't believe the change in her over the last couple of weeks. She settles down to sleep so easily and also resettles if she wakes and isn't hungry.

We have decided to try for number 2 baby from Oct I want to be able to go back to the UK and be able to go out and have a drink with friends and also we will have an abundance of babysitters so do not want to fall pregnant before we go.

DH has just signed for a new job with Yarra Trams in Melbourne and he is gonna be earning enough so I don't have to return to work if I don't want. I think he would like me to go back to work. I am not sure. Waiting for work to get back to me with a date to go and chat about my return and what job they would give me.

Best go got a huge pile of ironing I am trying to avoid but should do

Jo

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi Everyone

Sorry it's been a while since I posted, glad that people have come back in here. So I will try and keep up from now on

Jonah is going great guns, getting so much bigger. Loving all of his food, we are on broccoli for our veg at the moment and rockmelon for our fruit and he LOVES both. He's almost crawling now but hasn't quite figured out that he needs to put what he does with both of his ends together to get moving. He manages to move a little bit, but will definitely be on the move soon. He's a very smiley little boy and loves to laugh when I make silly noises, funny faces or tickle him. He's a real chatterbox when he gets going but no real words yet. At last weigh in he was 8.2 kilos but that was before Chrissy and last measurement was 66cms but that was October or November our next MCHN visit isn't until the end of this month.

Well I think yuo're caught up on us now and I will try and keep up in here from now on

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Thanks for the WB Brooke Jonah is doing very well, sounds like Maya is going great guns too, sounding VERY advanced there, that's excellent \/

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Geez, I go away for 3 days and come back and this place is so busy! WOW!

Well, DH and I got back yesterday from our couple of nights away WITHOUT the kids. It was wonderful! We stayed in a cabin in the bush in the Blue Mountains - it was so quiet. We just did nothing, basically - read our books, sat on the deck, sat in the sunken spa, drank red wine, ate olives, camembert and brie and chocolate a lot of the time. It was so nice to have no noise and no responsibilities!

OMG! I just noticed a few minutes ago that Makenzie has a tooth! She just had her solids and was smiling at me when she finished and her gum looked a bit white so I had a closer look and she has a tooth! The one next to it looks like it might appear soon too. I wasn't expecting a tooth as both the boys never got their first teeth until 8.5 months, and she hasn't really been showing any of the horrible teething signs like waking at night and being really whingy. Hope they all come through as easy as that. I think they look so gorgeous when they just have those two bottom teeth showing when they smile.

She's sitting on her own pretty well now - good enough to be able to sit her up and walk away from her. She still topples a bit but then she gives you this look like "I meant to do that" lol. I think she got too frustrated trying to crawl so she hasn't been trying as enthusiastically lately. I'm in no hurry for her to crawl as it means I have to be extra vigilant with the boys toys on the floor. Will have to sort through all their toys and stuff (and they have a LOT) and pack away all the small things because a 3 and 6 year old won't remember to keep small stuff off the floor.

EDIT - She's actually got TWO teeth! They've both come through together
    Anyway, better go do a load of washing (welcome home, me!).

I had a bad night with Erykah bless her she was in pain.

I think it was from the glass of milk I drank before bed. I was making the recipe to increase my milk supply which I have used before. I never realised that when I drank milk that Erykah got upset. Now it is all falling into place the sleepless nights when she was tiny and I feel so guilty for putting her through them.

We have only realised since introducing solids that she is dairy intolerant.
    And doh didn't think that she was affected by me having dairy. Although I can eat cheese and have milk on cereal and in tea without her been affected.

I am feeling like a bad mum. That I should have realised it was dairy she was getting upset with when she was younger.

Jo

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast