Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #10

Oh I'm bored out of my mind! Wade's asleep, Niall's awake but happy... house is in disarray but I just couldn't be fagged. Been on the 'phone looking for someone to have a goss with... everyone out. Baked a cake this morning, better put the strawberries on that (with a cheekcake-type icing which holds them in place). Ho hum... Hey Nic, let's organise that Junies meetup... what about next week? IK/Rory... doing anything? What about Melbourne Central next Friday... I can't go in tomorrow because Niall has a checkup at the MCHN tomorrow. Actually any day except Monday and Tuesday would be good. Oh and yep, the boys are quite similar although I can see some subtle differences... Niall is fairer (skin) with darker hair but that's hard to pick up from piccys. I've been taking some more of him today... he sat in the high chair (reclined with a blanket) for the first time today... photo on his site. ETA: looks like I've dressed him in pink but it's actually a salmony colour LOL

Bath - I love that cheesecake/creamcheese style icing but don't have a recipe for the blend of what and what - if you have a minute at some time would you be able to email it through. I've been thinking of putting Samuel in the highchair too cause he so prefers to be sitting up straight looking around - the rocker just doesn't go straight enough for him - if only he could get his balance a bit better he'd be fine. With you on that boredom thing - must be one of those days - tonnes to do but really couldn't give a rats.

Nickers - just went into edit the Canada stuff and accidentally deleted the lot but we've been there too in the past with no problem so maybe ignorance is bliss.

Ceecee - my bbs always feel empty at night but Sam manages to get enough out of them somehow and still ends up with dribbles out the side. Only if there are other signs like screaming baby who doesn't seem settled or is losing weight would I think that you are losing your supply. With DS#1 I felt like I had no supply from early on cause let downs settled and boobs deflated but Ben kept eating without too much fuss, settling normally and easily and putting on or plateauing with weight so I guessed he must be getting enough. If you are concerned though and want to persist maybe get some hints from ABA or some of the herbal stuff Nickers is trying - just make sure you hold off on the guilts.

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Very tired today Tarleha had me up till 4 this morning!!
    Bathsheba: LOL at Wade, beetroot hey haven't heard many kids who actually like beetroot but it's good that he likes a variety of foods. Gee your dream sounds like a scary one! I don't know what i would think it means. I can relate to the dining room table being stacked with washing i only had to fold ours up the other day as you couldn't see the table at all!!! I hoipe for your sake AF isn't on its way.
    Cee-Cee99: It must have been nice to get out of the house without a kid in tow. It sounds like you had a lovely time on your bike ride. I find the same thing if i haven't excercised in a while boy do i feel it!! I understand what you're going through with Ally, just as you think you have a routine it goes out the window. Had that happen quite a few times.
    Ali25: When i first got AF it caused havoc here too. I was so cranky i had them back at just 6.5 weeks after having Tarleha. Although i don't have problems in the BF department as i wasn't allowed to BF but i did for just 5 days i really wanted to too!
    Neeny: It must have been nice to see you SIL and neices and nephews. If only my SIL to be would even speak to me, she hates me sooo much. Its a big step to put Aleise in day care, i don't think i will put Tee (Tarleha) in day care i would miss her too much. I hope your sore throat leaves you alone and dissapears. People can be so rude about the sizes of our babies i hate it...except i get the one, "Are you sure you are feeding that child, you tell meshe is 11 weeks today she looks like only 11 days" It really makes me agro. I am in the same boat i am waiting for AF#2 to show up anyday been having like period pains but nothing of them and it's now been 5 weeks and 5 day since i had AF the first time, mum says my hormones are still all over the place so who knows?
    So sad that one of your school friends died from a brain tumour at such a young age. It makes me appreciate what i have at the moment when i hear stories like that....brings back memories of all my friends that were only 16-22 that have died in the last 18 months, it's getting to the point where i am nearly the only one left! and your brothers fiance...gee you are having a tough time at the moment aren't you, thinking of you.
    Roryrory: I think we all have the same dream about a declutted house, well i know i do.
    Amanda3: oh i hope the thing with Lockie stops soon for you it must be so frustrating.
    Jaspen: Thats a pain in the backside about you holiday for xmas. That is ridiculous about loosing your liscence and it's some big criminal record. Some countries have such silly laws. Hope everything works out for you and you still get to go on your holiday...fingers crossed for you.

Us: Well nothing really dramatic going on at the moment with us. I am back talking to DF now. Tee (Tarleha) cot turned up yesterday and DF assembled that yesterday night after he finished work because it just looked like a giant marcono set to me. I put Tee in there just for a while and she looks like an ant in it, she is sooo small and it is so big, i'm worrying that if i put her in there i will loose her!!
    Going away on the weekend so may not be able to het on here on the weekend so if i'm not i will be back on as soon as i get home, as you guys are the only friends (iykwim) i have now, everyone has derserted me.
    I wish AF would hurry up and turn up i am fed up with this period like pain and cramps and there's nothing although i know when it turns up i will be begging it to stop LOL i can't win.
    Had a big crying session last night, as i stepped on the scales and didn't like what i saw.
    I have put on 2.5kg since last weigh, DF tries to cheer me up by saying, "That's still 7kgs off your pre-preg weight", but to me thats not the point.
    Get to go out to karaoke again tonight, DF is letting me go out every thursday night as a night off, although i don't think i will come hme like i did last week! I stumbled through the door at 1/4 to 2. And Tee hadn't settled it was if she knew i was gone! Gave her a kiss and bang she was asleep!! Weird i thought.
    Better go as i've made a really long post and don't want to ramble to much.
    Hugs and Love to you all.

Kristee-Lea - 21
    Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06
    Tying the knot 7th April
    TTC around March April

Jaspen: I don't have a recipe for it... just use Philly cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice, and either cream or butter and beat it all together. I add some of this or that according to consistency and flavour... it can't be too drippy or too firm... kinda has to stay on the knife if you dip it in and hold it above the bowl. If you wanted a recipe you could probably find one on the net. My approach to cooking is to try and nut things out yourself (if they are cheap ingredients)... I spend a lot of time trying to copy food that i buy in stores... think I once bought a cake with this type of icing and just had a go at copying it... after about 10 (edibile) failures i kinda got it! LOL I've just sent Verity down to the IGA to buy some white cooking chocolate actually... going to have a go at making white "shards" of chocolate to go around the edge... you know, like a "fence"... you make a heap of thin slabs and stick them around the sides of the round cake... well that's what I think you do... never done it before, but as I said I'm bored enough to give it a go! I'm sure even if i fail it will still be edible. Oooh good, she's back... and she bought Plaistowe's cooking chocolate! Good girl! Excellent quality... here's me off to make professional looking "shards" LOL

ETA: Piccys of the cake on my website (Bathsheba's Homepage). The shards worked! Didn't take long to set in the freezer.

Oh and verity just found a snake's skeleton in the hole Wade was digging in yesterday!!!!! :eek: She went out there to have a bit of a dig herself.... found a hole and kept digging... then found the skeleton... mainly the head of it.... FANGS and all!!!!

love the cake Bath and thanks for the icing tips will have to give it a go sometime - used to do tonnes of cooking and experimenting but lost the enthusiasm over the last few years (along with the enthusiasm for a lot of thing for some reason - just often feel lack lustre and lacking energy for too much more than the basics) - have to get back into it and cooking with the kids although will pick those days carefully as I remember it you need the patience of a saint.

Bath that cake looks sooo delicous could you send me a piece . Also thanks for advice have tried the food option not so much the toy might give that a go. The doctor has said that he is a strong willed boy, which is true but it gets frustrating when he just doesn't listen and since my x-friend said what she about him, everytime he's misbehaving I feel as if everyone is looking at me, like I should be controlling him better. I just feel like a failure of a mother lately and I know that I not but I think the words of that woman have stuck in my head and I can't seem to get them out .

Oh also Jo how's next Friday the 22nd sound for a meet up. Neeny and I have still to organise a spot to meet but it will be close to the city and child friendly as I'll have 3 of the 4 boys, so somewhere where I can keep and eye on them and still chat to you guys. Just let us know if you can make it.

KLR hope you have fun at karoke tonite.

hugs xoxo

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    Jaspen, I just made that icing for my friend last weekend, it is one packet of philly cheese, 1&1/2 cups of icing sugar and 1 tbl spoon lemon juice.. Blend with an electric beater, ice cake then refigerate. I also grated some of the rind from the lemon and sprinkled it on top (her kids are allergic to all nuts). Yummo!

Darn, Ally is awke, will write more later.. but quickly, IK, don't worry, I would not do anything about BF without speaking to a LOT of people - it is very important to me. She has only gained 300grams in 3 weeks, so I think I need to investigate if she is getting enough.. till I find out, I'm waking her for an additional feed at 10pm... gotta go...crying baby..

yep well i am all for the meet up, only thing is i am going away Next Thursday for 10days. So Thur onwards is out for me, Tues i have mothers group which leaves Monday or Wednesday. Simone is also away at the moment but if we do meet up next week we will organise another when she returns. I am not sure about Jess as she has not been around for a while. So left there was IK/Bath/Me/Racs/Rory yeah? so are any of u free next Wednesday? Melb central sounds good.
    KLR- I haven't put Nixon in his cot yet it just looks so big for him! How did Tee going sleeping in it? sorry to hear u didnt get much sleep, have u managed to have a rest today?
    yikes on the snake skeleton!! glad it was a skeleyon though!
    I did a load of errins (sp?) today, dropped the dogs to get washed (actually one of the girls in mothers group), then went picked up dh suit i got dry cleaned, went and picked up dogs medication, went and bought dog bisc, went to nappyland, come home unloaded it all, went and picked up the dogs (had a coffee whilst there) and finally come back home about 1pm! Nixon was so good when we were out (he usually is) I find him a lot harder settling in the day when we are at home. I think he likes being on the move, car/pram/carrier/held just loves it awake or asleep. the after his feed when we got home he was just a grumpy little man! just woken up feeding again. feeds still going ok today finger crossed.
    I put Nixon in the high chair for the first time a few days ago, he slopes to one side! i tried to take a pic today but the batteries ran out!!

Wow, what a lot of posts!

Melbourne meet-up : I can make Monday or Friday next week - DaVinci Exhibition on Tuesday, Mothers Group on Wednesday, Law Institute meetings Thursday - poor Flynn - he will be bushed!

Nickers, flynn is like Nixon - likes being on the move but grumpy once home. I put it down to the broken sleep if he is in and out of car all day. If I am in the city and training in, he is ok cause he spends the day in his pram, but in and out the car seat really irks him.

Bath, that cake looks so professional! I always say that "baking is not my forte" but DH says it's just cause I don't practice (I am generally considered to be a good cook). I think he is right, but until this year I had a wholly unreliable oven.

Amanda, like I said a few posts ago - to be a mother of four, you are an inspiration. IT makes me believ it is possible for me to have three, one day

KL, just noticed you plan to TTC in March/April - aound the same time as DH and us are planning. Maybe we will be December buddies as well as June buddies! So sorry you feel your friends aren't around much anymore - are you the first of your bunch to have a child? We are lucky in that most of our mates are pg, have kids or TTC.

Jaspen, re: unpacked house and clutter - try the 4 box method. One is for "must keep, use daily" (ie : sheets, towels); two is for "must keep but don't use often" (baking trays), three is for "not used often but needed" (ie: cake tin in shape of dinosaur) and four is for CRAP (ie: stuff you keep out of guilt, broken rubbish, etc) Idea of using 4 box method is you just sort, don't dwell. There is no getting distracted by putting scissors away then seeing washing needs folding, then watching Dr Phil, etc. You just sort, and deal with it later. I reckon you could then focus on putting away the stuff you use all the time first. I am trying this in my place and it seems to work.

Neeny, what is it with people commenting about babies' size! One woman in my mothers group is always getting told her boy is too big, and never did you see a more happy, strapping lad. There's nothing wrong with him!! A bloke in the street asked her if he was "on the boob or the tube?" Just tell them to wrack off, or maybe as IK would say, "bite me"!

My day : I was industrious!! I have been saying to DH I can't believe how little I have been getting done around the house, now I realise it is because I am always out Today I cleaned Flynn's room, organised the cupboards, threw out stuff, sorted his "too small" clothes, did and put away washing, did the filing - so much! Gotta start having at least ONE day a week at home, I reckon!

Better go - last minute tidy up before DH gets home. don't you hate it when you have been busy all day but it looks like you've done nothing cause you're "in the middle" of a big clean!

ciao bellas

Rory thanks I appreciate that, I think I'm been a sooky-sooky la-la. I'm home nearly ever day and I don't get half as much done as you have.

hugs xoxo

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Baths - your cake looks AMAZING!!!
    Nic - can let me know about how you go with the Fenugreek tablets - how did you find out about them????
    Jaspen
    just make sure you hold off on the guilts.
    = how did u know? of corse i took it out on DH last night, but then apologised and told him... oh have to go.. DH just got home, he was bit by a dog (he was trying to break up a fight)...

Uh, Amanda, you have THREE under four, and I have ONE who sleeps for most of the day or just lies there gurgling!! I'm pretty sure I'll be tearing my hair out not getting much done in a few years

CeeCee, bit by a dog!! Please update!

Don't know what to do - Flynn has been asleep since 4.30pm (its 7pm now). He usually feeds at 5-6. Should I wake him, or "let sleeping dogs lie"? Will he be up all night now??

Cee_Cee99 Guest

sorry, back now.. DH is at the Hospital getting a tentis shot and maybe some Xrays - apparently this physo dog just started attacking this other dog (a lab) and the lab owner (a girl) asked DH to help her. So DH pulled the other dog off her dog and got bitten in the process... The owner of the physo dog apologised and said her dog has attacked 3 dogs this week, she is going to have it put down... which is sad.
    DH just walked in, sorry - will get to personals tomorrow...

just uploaded some pics i took tonight, hehe the first one is really cute! (not that i am biast or anything!)
    CeeCee- i remember Racs was taking it for a while when she was expressing & also a girl in mothers group has been using it said its increased.. apparently one side effect is you can start smelling like Mayple syrip! will let u know if that happens

We are having a much better day today (thank goodness) Tori hasnt screamed once at feed time today- and has almost been making up for lost time with her feeds ie. nicebig feeds. It was a lovely sunny day in Perth today so I wentout for a walk, went to the shops and the library and then strolled home, was great, even managed to get Tori into some summer clothes, she looked so adorable.

Cee-cee: Your poor DH, I hope that he is OK. At least the owner took some responsibilty for the actions of her dog and is going to do something about it. I know how scary it is to be attacked by a dog, got bailed up by one last year when I was out walking, and I was quite jumpy around barking dogs for a while. Oh and we are going to Bali on 27th Oct, can't wait.

Rory- Your day sounds very industrious indeed, I know the reason that nothing gets done here is because I find any excuse to not do it, ie. go out, play with the baby, etc. I think I also need to dedicate one day a week to staying at home and getting jobs done. I vowed that I would sort all my teaching stuff out while I was on maternity leave, however i havent gone near it, it is spread between about 12 plastic boxes and a filing cabinet at the moment.

Bath- your cake looks divine, I hope your family appreciate it. As for the snake that is a little scary, I had the scare of my life last year when a snake slithered into my classroom- the kids thought it was great, however I didnt agree.

KL- Good luck getting Tee into her cot, Tori sleeps in her cot during the day now, and I am slowly building up the courage to put her in there at night ( I think I like having her in our room more for my sake than hers)

Neeny- It is so frustrating that people feel the need to comment on babies size all the time. Its like when we were pregnant though, one person would say OMG arent you looking big, and the next would tell you how tiny you look. Gotta remember it is never about us (or our babies) it is always about the person making the comment!

Jaspen- Dont feel bad about still having boxes to unpack, we have been in this house since april and I am still discovering things that I had "hidden" to do later. I am probably one of the most disorganised people I know, its terrible, clutter everywhere!

Nickers: Not long untill you go away now, you must bee looking forward to it. Glad Nixon has settled down with his feeding. I still have AF (although quite light) but Tori seems to have settled down too. I emailed a councillor from ABA and she said that it is likley that we wont get a period every 4 weeks like before, probably be longer in between. If I have a week like that every 4 weeks I am pretty sure that I will have to give BF the flick, it is just too distressing and emotionally draining.

Anyway I had better go and get some stuff done while Tori is having a nap, I might actualley manage to get the dinner dishes done and the kitchen tidy before she wakes up!

poor girl with psycho dog
    tuesday or wednesday is good for me to catch up. tuesday could be cool cos it's oscars 3 month day! actually, all days are good for me!
    something dumb happened to me on ebay. lately it doesn't properly record which items i've ticked for comparing or that i want to watch. well, when i got my 'bidding ending soon' for a item i put a bid in and then won. it's just that i had ticked an item and when i saw that it was a video and not a dvd i didnt want it on my list anymore and watched the other dvd's of the same title...or so i thought. when the end of bidding email came round i thought it was for one of the dvd's...not only was it the vhs, none of the other dvds i thought i had ticked have come up for end of bidding. i checked my account and they're not being watched...and i had ticked them for watching!! im going to try to sell it on when i get it. payment has gone through before i realised. dumb, dumb, dumb! at least i won a horse rug and thats what i wanted...
    oscar is all packed for the weekend. i decided i'll leave the pram behind and just use the portable carrier at the spas for when he sleeps on saturday. otherwise he'll go in the HAB or one of the other mummies' arms!. 1big weekend bag bwthe two of us, his nappy bag and my pool bag, easy peasy!
    oscar slept on our bed for over 3 hours today - got loads of washing done!
    oooh, in other news, i've packed cloth nappies and hope to use only them the whole weekend. i figured that i'd waste too many disposables at the spas (going t o the effort of buying non-disosable swimmers and then having to throw out barely worn sposies once i got there, between treatments and between stints in the pool!), then thought i'd go one step further. i have washing powder packed in a small plastic bag and i'll use the laundry at the house, just to make the most of their facilities that i've paid $125 for!!! its not too daunting, but would be even less so if i were driving up in my own car...gotta take a slightly bigger bag to do the cloth thing, in order to bring the nappies back!
    i think i had the opposite day to Bath's! when i realised it wouldnt rain i got a gumption to do all the washing. the house isnt clean, but our clothes are! dp will return from camping on sunday and we wont have weekend away clothes on top of during the week clothes to wash. ummm, i'm thinking out loud now!!
    have oscar in my arms, hence the lack of typing etiquette...
    cee cee - there are threads here pertaining to recipes for boosting supply, thats where i read about fenugreek.

Morning all, well my mum had come down from Hervey Bay for the weekend so we are going out for coffee today, which will be nice.

IK have fun at your retreat spa this weekend, god would I love to have a nice relaxing back massage ahhhhh.

Ali glad that you had a better day with Tori hopefully all was good last night.

Nickers I'll have to go have a look at the pics in a min, I'm sure he looks as cute as ever.

Ok better little a fire under my lot so that I can leave for school on time, and will be back later.

ETA: Nic I love the towel with his name and those shoes of his are just the cutest think I've seen. Has he got slightly red hair or strawberry blonde?

hugs xoxo
    Last edited by AmandaJ; September 15th, 2006 at 08:29 AM.

a family friend gave us the towel for Nixon when he was born. thats "her thing" we got N & T towels for our wedding & my sister has towels for her girls Jemma & Alyssa in pink! he sure does have some red in his hair! my my and pop were both red heds & DH had red in his hair as a kid (still gets the red tinge when he doesnt shave for a while) we joked that we could produce a red hed when i was pg!! but i dont think he will be real red u can see it come through in different lights.
    hope u got the boys all out on time & they behave for you today.

So mel meet up
    Nic: avail Mon/wed
    IK: avail mon/tue/wed
    Rory: avail Mon/fri
    Bath: avail wed/thur/fri
    so in saying that i dont think there is a day next week we are all free. did u wanna make a date now for a few weeks time? (I get back on the 2nd Oct) and i'll email Racs & Simone aswell.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast