Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #10

Default Babies Born in June 2006 #10

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

Name: Emishka
    State: ACT
    DOB: 1.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 3620g ( around 8lb I think), Length - 48cm, Head - 34cm

Babyname: Caitlyn May
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Trying to get this feeding thing right....

Name: Amanda3
    State: QLD
    DOB: 2.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 4oz (3310g), Length - 53cm, Head - 34cm
    Babyname: Cody Lincoln
    Notes: Feeds and sleeps like a trooper

Forum Name: Sara
    Baby's DOB: 5 June 2006
    Baby's Stats: 8pound 3ounces, 51cm, 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Briley Jean Harvey
    Notes: WE LOVE HER!!!!

Name: Jaspen
    State: NSW
    DOB: 06/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 8lb (3638g); Length – 53cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Samuel Ashton
    Health concerns: none thankfully
    Notes: such a little guts (200g weight increase in 3 days) !!!!

Name: Gabysmum
    State: WA
    DOB: 07/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 9lbs 12 ozs Length: 58 cm Head: 36 cm
    Baby name: Alexander Ivan aka Alex
    Notes: Big boy adored by older sister.

Name:Neeny
    DOB: 8.6.06
    Stats: Weight - (3140g – about 6 pounds), Length – 52cm , Head – 34.5cm
    Babyname: Aleise Irene
    Notes: sleeps too much and doesn’t eat enough in one sitting!

Name: simone
    State: VIC
    DOB: 9th June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 3lb 11oz (1680g) Length - 30cm, Head - 28cm
    Babyname: Anneliese Bethany
    Health Concerns: None... fingers crossed
    Notes: Born prem, due to infection in my uterus... APGARS of 8&9, breathed
    on her own; suffered from jaundice for 2 weeks after birth, came home at 27
    days old. Readmitted 3 weeks later to the Childrens with bronchiolitis and
    apnoea, admitted to ICU. then developed pneumonia. Spent 2 week in hospital.
    Is finally home, where she belongs...
    __________________________________________________ __

Name: *Jo*
    DOB: 09/06/06
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz (4020g), Length - 50.5cm, Head - 35.5cm
    Babyname: Freya Jean
    Notes: Repeat elective c/s @ 38wks

Name: littlerigger
    State:
    ACT
    DOB: 11/06/06
    Stats: Weight -8lb 3oz, Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname:
    Ryan Vaughn
    Notes: farts & burps like daddy!

Name: Roryrory
    State: Vic
    DOB: 11.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 3905 ( 8lb 9oz), Length - 52cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Flynn
    Health Concerns: Nil

Name: enigma
    DOB: 13.06.2006
    Stats: Weight 3220 grams Length - 50cm, Head Circ.- 36cm
    Babyname: Aneta Klaudia

Notes: Has my double chin and chubby cheeks

Name: Bathsheba
    State: Vic
    DOB: 13/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 9lb 0oz (4080g); Length – 52cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Niall Atticus
    Health concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 38wks due to Cholestasis of pregnancy. Birth attended by Kelly Zantey.

Name: Dee78 (donna)
    DOB:14.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3310g), Length - 51cm Head - 36cm
    Baby's name: Lachlan Roy
    Health concerns:
    Notes: very unsettled, doesnt like to sleep anywhere but mum or dads chest!!

Name: Nickel
    DOB: 16/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 6lb 6oz (2.9g); Length – 42cm; Head – big enough thanx!
    Babyname: Ruby Jago
    Health concerns: only after birth, but we're good now.
    Notes: Breastfeeding actually works this time.

Name: IK
    State: VIC
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight 3.47kg, Length 47cms, Head Circ 34cms
    Sex: Male
    Babyname: Oscar William
    Notes: HypnoBirth&Waterbirth, relaxed baby so far, waking to feed and
    sleeping when not feeding! Co-sleeping and exclusively breastfeeding.

Name: Our 7th Heaven
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 7lb 9oz (3.44kg); Length – 55cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname:Nathan Xavier
    Health concerns: No all's well here
    Notes: He's a natural booby boy and a right little guts.

Name: #karen#
    DOB: 22.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 14oz (3580g), Length - 50.5cm Head - 34.5cm
    Babyname: Nathan John
    Health concerns: Talipes
    Notes: So far, so good - feeds and sleeps well

Name: Ali25
    DOB: 23rd June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 2 Oz (3700g), Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Tori Rose
    Notes: BFing well and starting to settle nicely

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found HERE

Love

first? Candy: my suggestion was on the previous thread.

Am cooking Thai Chicken green curry now...

Wade is under my feet saying "I want beetroot!" He has already had a handful of seaweed crackers and half a dozen prunes... as you can see he has broad tastes!

ETA: Also added a piccy of Verity helping Wade with my home-made play dough on his site... taken on Monday... good girl

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    I've just forgotten everything from our last thread... umm.. oh yeah,
    Amanda, I'm so glad you have a new date....third time lucky?
    Nic - yeah, my eyes kept getting worse until I was 33.. they are still getting marginally worse, however they said I should get the operaiton done before 40 or there was no point as I would then need reading glasses anyway, so jumped in last year and hopefully will be glasses free for at least 10 years. It cost $4k. Ouch!!!!

Kel, I'm sorry about your horse, such a shame... hugs to you honey...

Me: DH took a sick afternoon from work, so he baby sat and I rode his push bike all around Sydney Park, it was beautiful, the sun was shinning and I was free!!!!!!!!!! So good to finally get some real exercise too.

However.....I'm paying for it now, Ally was crying and feel asleep on my chest at 5pm, so our 6pm bath, boob, bed routine is out the window and she will probably now wake at 4am and want to stay awake oh well, I just have to realize that I can't control everything... it will be interesting to see what time she wakes, maybe it won't matter that she has gone to bed 90mins earlier???? what do you think gals?

Baths - going to look at your photos now...

PS Hello to Kathryn (our friendly mod).. I must say your belly is looking great!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I am so over AF she has caused absolute havoc in our household. Tori is sooooooo unsettled and an absolute nightmare to feed, she will feed for about 4-5 mins and then come off and then when I try and put her back on she screams and carries on, i know that she is still hungry because she is making big mouths etc. I try and give her a break and let her play on the floor but she still grizzles, when I try and put her back on she just gets upset. Eventually after getting herself all worked up she will take the boob again, but not before a lot of cry- which I must say is very distressing for all of us! SHe wont take the bottle either, which I guess in a way is lucky because I would have chucked the whole BF routine by now if I knew she would take a bottle.
    Nic I really feel for you, this whole carry on is so exhausting! I am going to give it a couple more weeks, but if it doesnt settle down i am going to wean her, I cant go on like this for over a week each month, it just all too distressing.

Anyway I am going to go and enjoy the last bit of sunshine while she is sleeping (finally, thank goodness for DH) and I will come back on catch up on everyones news later.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Ali - ohhhhhh I'm sorry.... hopefully it will end soon? I'm going through something similar... it is really hard....

I know this is a common concern, but I think my milk is drying up? I exclusively BF, but by 6pm, I feel that their is no milk left, I tried to express and I only got a few drops from one side and none from the other... Ally has just woken up and wants a drink and is crying on the boob as she is not getting any milk. I just put her to bed, I feel so bad, have I put her to bed hungry????

CeeCee: where's your website link gone? You had one with your wedding photos... Oh and sorry I missed your last post... hectic around here too! Hey I feel "empty' at the end of the day too but don't worry: Try having a shower and let hot water run on them (boobies) for a while... this usually helps... especially if you have your baby in with you. Also I posted recnetly about how sometimes when i feel totally empty I attach Niall anyway and then he sucks and brings on a strong let down... or he sucks and I don't think he's getting any but then I sit him up and he burps some milk out at me and I think: "where did that come from???"

Kath: I agree, a very nice bump And an amazing piccy of Lachlan's first photo!

Hi Bath,

Yes I like to have my big show horse and at least one or two that I am re-educating after they have finished racing to sell on as show horses. Its a good money spinner. Unfortunately not this time!

Gotta go, twins are needing a bath. I'll be on again as soon as possible.

Lottsa love
    Kel

Hello everyone!

Had a nice day today up at oldest SIL's (for a change) and caught up with Matt's uncle and aunt from NSW. It rained on and off but was good to see the neice and nephews again. Oldest SIL is due with #4 any day now.

Well my news is that Aleise is starting day care next week - Thursdays only. I don't go back to work until end of October but I was told to take the day now or I may not get anything next month! Matt get's every 2nd Friday off so he can babysit then (I work Thurs and Fridays) and our mums can alternate on the days he is at work. I'm a bit worried about how I will go moreso than Aleise. So next week I'm starting her off on just half a day.

Yesterday I also found out a schoolfriend died of a brain tumour last year. She was only 34. Pretty sad - goes to show we can go at any time so make every day count!

Also found out today my brother's fiancee may have Multiple Sclerocis (spelling?). Gee I hope that doctor she saw was wrong - she's only 26! What is going on atm??

Miskel: Sorry to hear about your horse. I do wish I got to own one during my "horsey" days when I was at a riding school in my teen years. However now I'm old enough to understand about vet fees for a dog I realise what my dad meant about vet fees for a horse being too much! Oh well maybe when I win the Lotto?.

Candy: Yay for your freedom. Hope you hear about job interviews soon too darls! About the friend's baby with the hole in heart problem - apparently it is quite treatable. I went to school with 2 girls who had that problem and they were pretty healthy and just had to avoid strenuous sports - like running. ONe of them was dux of our high school.

Amanda: hope your son's operation goes well on Friday.

Bath: Your macadamia stuffing sounds great - I'm gluten intolerant and don't get to eat stuffing at all - I might just try it!

Well its late and I'd better get to bed. Aleise has taken to waking up at 3am the last two days despite being fed at 9 or 10pm the night before - I hope that she sleeps through tonite 'cause Matt can't do it as he has to work tomorrow.

Nightie night all!

blah... demotivated today... had a dream last night that I was taking care of 2 children (not my own) and they were playing on the top on a very high dam wall... one was blind so I kinda focused more on her (they were both girls) making sure she didn't accidentally step over the edge. Anyhow she somehow dropped one of her socks that snagged just out of reach over the wall and as i was trying to retrieve it the other little girl rode straight over the edge!!! OMG. I woke up quite disturbed. What does it mean? Is something happening in my life that I just can't see even though it's right under my nose? Anyhow.... don't need help with this... just getting it out so hopefully it won't haunt me all day. Your comment about "making each day count" was timely Neeny... I gotta remember that, be grateful for my health and that of my children.

Ok... now to fold all that washing I've done over the past 2 days... it's a mountain on our dining table.

Oh and also Niall is being "funny" with my milk... seems like all of a sudden he's just not that hungry and I'm getting an oversupply issue. Hope it's not AF! All that talk about it lately might have somehow triggered a sympathetic reaction with me! LOL I've heard of women who work together getting AF at the same time but this is ridiculous! LOL

Before I go further, what does "AF" actually stand for? I have worked out what it is, I just can't work out the abbreviation!!

Bath, that's an awful dream! I hate it when weird things like that come out of nowhere. When I was pg I had a really disturbing dream that my evil grandmother (mum's mum) told me I actually had an older brother but my mum gave him up for adoption (I am an only child) and when I confronted mum in my dream she said it was actually a younger brother but she had an abortion because she could only handle one kid and couldn't bear a reminder of my dad (my dad died when I was nine). Awful!

And Neeny, that is dreadful news about your schoolfriend and future SIL! We really do have to take each day as it comes, don't we....

I plan on spending an industrious day at home today, cleaning and organising. I spent a large part of yesterday arvo looking at "organise you home" websites, then realised it was probably more productive to do some work rather than just plan it. Kinda like planning an essay for a week and only leaving yourself a day to write it LOL!! But still, I have a dream....a dream of a household where there is no "junk" drawer, where paperwork is filed once and not moved from table to bench to table again, where all food in the house is efficiently used and there is no waste, where....

Hang on!! (cue sound of needle being scratched across record) Um, that's right, I have a baby to look after! Sorry, I was in a bit of a Martha Stewart moment there

ciao bellas

Morning all, well I'm well and truely annoyed today, it seems that I'm having another bad day with Lockie(DS2). He is just been naughty especially when I'm taking Kailen to school he just runs away and won't listen to me when I try and call him back, I get so embarassed that I can't get my child to listen to me without me screaming at him which is not a good thing to do at a school. I just don't know how to handle him anymore I'm at my wits ends. Bath you might know, do you think it could be a testostrone surge he will be for in about 3 weeks, I just don't know.

Rory AF stands for Aunt Flo.

Bath Cody is also been fussy at the boob for the last few days and I've had AF like pains for ages now but nothing has come of it, so it may be sympathy for the others. I've also heard that about women who work or live together usual get AF together.

Misskel sorry about your horse.

Ali sorry to hear that AF is causing such a hassle with bf hopefully it will get better .

CeeCee your milk shouldn't be drying up, but at night your milk supply is less then in the day, just try and keep hydrated.

Ok better go this has been a big post.

hugs xoxo

LOL Nah, that's not a big post Amanda... compared to IK and me it's nothing! keep going, I like 'em rambley

Rory: hahahah! You're a classic! Love those industrious aspirations I actually have self-help books about organising your home but the problem is it takes MONEY to be organised... or so I tell myself... we just don't have enough appropirate storage and cluttler exactly as you described builds up.... I've actually just taken a photo of our worst area and I'm going to post it on my website so that the shame of it will motivate me to clear it and post an "after" shot! Maybe we should all do one?!

Amanada... I'll get back to you about Lauchlan in a tick... my number 1 son has just had yet another potty accident.... BRB

Good Morning June Mummies!

Well another grim day in Brisbane with overcast one minute and sun the next. I've resolved to hanging washing inside this time and putting the tumble dryable stuff in the dryer 'cause I'm sick of having my washing being soaked after I put it all out!

I've got a bad sore throat today too so am trying to avoid talking - Got a phone call from oldest SIL about all this baby stuff she wanted from me (like she's having #4 - where is her stuff???) and I just replied via email. Was a good excuse (the sore throat) not to call her anyway. She made a comment yesterday about Aleise being chubby. Probably because she is bottle fed. I just interjected "Its just her face, she's only just starting to wear 000 clothes!". Where do some people get off??

Candy: LOL at your "Martha Stewart" moment. Glad you can be real about the housework. I've been meaning to mop our floors for 2 weeks now. But let's be honest none of us eat off the floor (well I hope not) and our bub's aren't crawling yet so no great rush is there?

Amanda: Testosterone rush - gee I think Matt (DH) has too much as he's permanently on the TV or computer playing games. I nearly died when I saw him do dishes yesterday and should'a bought out the camera! I think he did it so I'd iron his clothes for work. Normally he does that himself.

I'm waiting for AF #2 any day now. Can't remember when the 1st one was exactly but I think it was mid August. Not going back on the pill until I get back to work 'cause it costs more than love gloves! Besides only seem to get some once every 6 weeks so what is the point?

Apparently Best and Less have a sale on BAby stuff so am going out to buy cot sheets - only got one set since we only just got a cot! Well can't think of much else to say so end off here.

Take care all and catch you again soon.
    **Huggies and throwing chocolates to all in forum today**
    Neeny xoxo

Whew! I think I've finally got everything under control now... kids a bit wild this morning... few spots of rain and now they say it's too wet to got outside! Pah! Kids today! Anyhow I've just fed them... big bowls of steamed rice and last night's leftover curry... they are settled now, rice does that I've allowed them to make a cubby house inside so lets see how much extra work that generates in packing it all away afterwards... nah, I'll remind Verity there are negative consequences if she doesn't. She's lost her computer time today because she was cheeky and laughed at me when she was in trouble yesterday... geeze, nothing makes a parent's blood boil faster than when a child smirks when they are in trouble! I have to remember not to blow my top... so I count to 10 and issue the "consequence".

Amanda: I'm no expert, just know what works from trial and error and teaching colleagues but regarding Lauchlan this might work: First, do you have special toys that you keep aside out of reach for use as reward? Wade has access to only about half of his toys... most of the good stuff he has to "earn" the right to play with. You could tell Lockie that if he stays with you or comes when you call that he can play with something special? For Wade it's jig-saw puzzles, he's obsessed with them, but each child is different... each has their "price" you just have to learn what will get them to "buy" what you want them to do... I can't remember which parenting book discusses the "currency" of children... but it works for us and it's a good one. Verity's currency is screen time (computer/tv/dvds), her GameBoy and her Mp3 player. Food is a less popular choice for some parents but we use it.... our kids never just get a sweet treat, they have to at least been "good" that day. Anyhow, that's just my suggestion... see how it goes, you might have tried it already though.

morning all - I do refrain from the good cause mine is just not.

anyway to everyone else first
    Kel - sorry to hear about your horse. How are the twins going???

Amanda - not that mine's reached that age yet but it sounds a bit like he's testing those boundaries again with the knowledge that you've got a bit extra on your mind at the moment. Hoping he settles down a bit for you. Good to hear you got a new date for Kailen's op - lets hope they stick with this one. ETA - I'm with Bath - every child has their price it just depends what it is whether it be reward for good or consequential for bad. Sometimes it may take a while to work out what it is and other times it needs to change with the times but anyway I hope maybe this works for you.

Clutter - I've got the problem of the half unpacked house and not knowing where to put things - its a bit of a vicous cycle to put one lot of things away I've got to shift something else and find it a new home - something you need time for otherwise there is tonnes of stuff left lying on the floor - not good with little ones.

AF - I've been thinking mine's on the way too but nothing as of yet

Neeny - yeh it would be nice sometimes if people could keep their not so nice comments to themselves wouldn't it especially family members - sometimes think that the word family means people think they have the right to say and do as they please without thinking about how it affects anyone.

ETA Candy - thanks for asking about Townsville - finding it not too bad although have been flat out would really just like things to settle abit but I odn't see that happening. DS is sort of settled into his new daycare although we have tears everynow and then I think that has more to do with Daddy time rather than daycare though - we seem to cry for daddy all the time at the moment (its giving me a complex I tell you) and he's always worried about whether daddy's going to pick him up from daycare. Even though Townsville's not huge I am finding the size difference more difficult to deal with ( I really did like in the small country town). Finding it interesting living near the defence force barracks when you wake up in the middle of the night and they are having target practice or something or as on Saturday the choppers taking off for Timor.
    Last edited by jaspen; September 14th, 2006 at 02:53 PM.

Firstly, Astrolady, is it possible to have a link to the new thread placed in your last post from a thread? Maybe it's just me, but I get distracted by emails and other tasks and by the time I go look for the new thread I've missed a page or two of posts and, of course, don't get the email reminders to get me back into them to catch up.
    Cee Cee - trust me, you've got milk! If you're ever in any doubt about anything to do with BF'ing, please, please call the ABA hotline before you decide on any course of action. Just knowing from my GF's experience of acting on bad advice, if BF'ing is something you want to do, don't play around with it cos it's hard work to get back to it and is heartbreaking. I get upset and a bit nauseous when I think of having BF'ing taken from me prematurely. I would be heartbroken, especially if it was caused by something I could have avoided like acting on a misconception.
    I've got a coldsore again, grrr! I can't kiss my boy again!!
    Went to my course last night and it was nice to sit through some firefighting training with my boy asleep on me. He woke up for a feed at 10pm on the dot...just as we finished!
    Sorry, Kel, about your pony. Even when you're not emotionally attached to them it sucks big time when something happens to them I have friends who take on horses, work them and sell them on. I could never do it, my pony is my friend until he is dearly departed - he'll make a great first horse for Oscar! But that's just me.
    Oscar is hungry again! Be back later!

here i was thinking u were all really quiet and didnt realise there was a new thread!

Rory- AF stands for Aunty Flow! dunno only started using this term since being on BB!
    Bath- i was looking at Wade's website and i have to say there is a bay shot i thought it was Niall! I think these two will definatley look alike!
    Jaspen- that sucks re: Canada, i will as DH because he has lost his license b4 (when he was baout 22 i think) and he lived in Canada for 18months and then we went there together 2 1/2yrs ago, nothing was mentioned......
    Ali- do u still have AF? mine kinds stopped tomorrow so waiting to c if things get better, he has been good so far today, we'll c if this lasts. i too dont want to go through these hassels every month, i am aiming to keep going till i get back from sydney (so another 2-3weeks) if its still the same i will be well and truely fed up (both of us will be i think!)
    CeeCee- i just bought some Fenugreek tablets yesterday to try and increase my supply, apparently it doenst happen overnight but thismorning my boobs were very full (But Nixon slept till 7am rather then 5-5.30 so could have also been that)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast