Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #10

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Baths – yeah, I must update my website – don’t even have an a/c anymore... had to laugh at the snake skeleton.. ummm..kids!

Kel – always good to see you on line. I always wonder how you, Charlee & Jack are.

Neeny – WOW Aleise is starting care! I’m sure she will be fine and you will be counting the minutes! Good idea to start off with a half day. – re: your SIL’s comment about Aleise being cubby, just say “thankyou, it is so nice when people say nice things about my baby”.. Babies are suppose to be chubby!

Amanda – how is Lauchlan going? I don’t know how you manage, I’m sure no ones thinks less of you for screaming at your kids occasionally, most NORMAL people would sympathise and think “I’ve been there”, or like me, “I will be there” at some stage. I know u don’t want to be screaming but sometimes what else is there to do? Like everything else, maybe the thought that it won’t last, can help? Bath’s ideas sound good? I guess with kids it is mostly trial and error with what works? You are NOT a failure.. A failure of a mother would not care!!!You do care…a lot…that is the most important thing!

Jaspen – hope the house gets in order for you??? Maybe try for one room a week? I don’t know how you will find the time, I find it hard enough just to keep one small apartment clean, moving house with a toddler plus a baby would be out of my league!

Kristee – LOL “if i put her in there(cot) i will loose her!!” Sorry to hear about the weight gain… however, even on ‘the biggest loser’ TV show when people were working out with trainers 7 days a week, some of them occasionally put on weight.. so don’t take it as a permanent things, stick with the long term program.

Nic – glad the feeding is better! LOL “one side effect is you can start smelling like Mayple syrip!”..Just saw the pics, he is beautiful..

Rory – I love your 4 box concept! You have inspired me!!!! What happened with Flyn’s sleep last night?

Ali- Yeah bring on 25th October.. I’m so excited for you.

IK – you are going to have a great w/e… I will be thinking of you… I will also check out the threads for boosting supply.. thanks.

me: all good, spending today at home, it is 11.40 and I'm still in PJ's - yeah!!!!!!!!

Back from MCHN visit. Niall doing well:

Height: 60cm exactly
    Weight: 6.05 Kilos
    Head: 41.5 cm

Bit too hectic to stay... back later

Nic Kailen also has red hair we have it on both sides of the family too. All the boys have different colour hair here, Lockies got mousey brown, Wyatts got blonde and Cody has black. I had a feeling when I was pg with Kailen that the baby would have red hair, he also has the temper of a red head sometimes to.

CeeCee thanks so much for saying that, you guys in here may me feel so much better, it's much appreciated.

Bath Niall is doing so well, hope alls been sorted out there.

As for me, we all did get out nearly on time, Kailen got there just as the bell went. To my surprise my brother also came over with my mum, we went to the shops and had a look around and had some lunch, I had a subway sub mmmm.

Haven't seen Tanya, Dee, Karen and a few others in a while hope all is well.

hugs xoxo

There has been quiet a few regulars missing for a while.....
    Whats the temprament of a red head? Firey?!

Nixon banged his head against mine today and i think he had his finger in his mouth when he did it, he had a little cut inside his gums and was bleeding a little, poor sausage was very upset about it..

just went & did the shopping and put Nixon in the baby holder thing (havent done that b4 usually wear baby bjorn) well he LOVED it and it was easier for me putting things in and out of the trolly! i was just thinking back to when he was first born and i used to think how will i ever be able to manage shopping with him, the task just seemed to hard. Now i know it will get harder when he is older but i find it quiet enjoyable with him now! atleast i have someone to chat to!

Bath- great stats for Niall!

Yeah they can be firey at times, especially if provoked. But I must say he is also very sensitive by this I mean will cry at the drop of a hat and will get upset if something does go how he wants it to. But I've been told by other redheads that it's not until they hit their teens and all hormonal that you see how firey they can be.

hugs xoxo

Cee_Cee99 Guest

baths- Wooo Hoo! What a big boy, how much has he grown since the last check?

Red hair and gemini - luckily they are boys, i think it is only red haired girls who are "tricky"...

I rearranged the house today... i finally set up the baby room...i know i should have done it ages ago - but I had to 'figure' it out. eg: what goes where.. I also finally received payment from the Government..$4,700 (the bonus and some back payments)..yeah,,about time!

putting some photos on my home page now...

HI all

Got ANOTHER cold and feel like cr*p again!

Well today Matt and I checked out the Electrical light stores and bought some fittings for our rumpus room. I can't live with those 3 80's style Neon sconces for another year ARGGHH! Anyway we bought some snake lights with the luminous globes which were on sale from Ideal for only $65 each! Will update those horrid 80s fittings soon.

We also had lunch at Lonestar today and Aleise slept through all of it - then like a little angel she woke up when we finshed and Matt gave her a bottle. Gee why can't she do that when she's home alone with me???

Comments re baby size: Yeah babies are supposed to be chubby (to some extent) but if you met my oldest SIL you'd realise she meant a niggling comment in a "subtle way." Matt's sisters boast about their breast feeding efforts and on occassions have made me feel less of a mother by bottlefeeding. They understand why I had to but still some people just don't know when to dig out their manners from the depths of their nappy bags (lol!). Anyway I guess they're jealous that Aleise sleeps most nights and is a very good baby 'cause their kids are quite the opposite. Oh and oldest SIL is a total snob so let's just say I tolerate her.

Jaspen: When did you move to Tsv? I grew up there. I guess you have a lovely house near the Army base from what you were saying. Is your DH in the Army? Mine used to be. I miss Tsv this time of year - not too warm and just right!

Nickers: I have to watch Aleise doesn't head but me either - she can't quite hold her head up yet but when we nurse her over our shoulder she tends to sway from side to side and sometimes clonk us one.

June Mummy:KR: Yeah its nice to catch up with neice and nephews but if MIL had her way we'd be up there every weekend! Oh and of course Christmas belongs to her so no way we'd be doing our own thing this year now we have a bub. Long story.

Well its dinner time and Matt has made a lovely sweet potato soup. I just wish I could smell it - darn cold!

See you in here again ladies - sorry not many personals. Had to stop midway and feed Aleise.

CeeCee- I LOVE your video!! hehe how funny u on BB! i love that sling thing, where di u get it? how much was it??
    we just went out for dinner, Nixon slept the whole time and is still asleep in the car! waiting for him to wake up to give him his last feed.
    that took a long time to get your payement. i got my baby bonus not long after but still waiting for my centre link payment, i first put it in in June, been some dramas ofcourse and still ahvent got it......
    Nixon might be a Gemini by heart but he is actually an Aeries! i think they are pretty firey aswell from what i have read!
    anyway gonna go watch a movie then watch the Saints V Manly game (being Melb they dont show it live sucks i know, so have to wait till 10.30pm)
    Nixon got me up at 3am thismorning and hoping he doesnt tonight as i wanna stay awake for the game.
    have a nice night everyone

Hows everyone doing?? Ive missed a few days and wont be able to catch up on personals... One thing i did notice was the rerdheads... As you might be able to see by my ticker pic, Xander is a redhead (although it looks more brown in that pic...) and boy, does he have the temper to go with it. Most of the time he's just a cheeky lil buggar, but when he's p!ssed, the pitcher temper comes out in him... i should know, naturally im a redhead too, and i have the same temper

Well, hoping Anneliese will sleep well tonight, she had her needles yesterday (as she was so prem, i wanted to wait a lil while to get them done) and she has been so unsettled since she had them. I NEED a goods night sleep so i can watch the 'Scray slaughter to Eagles tomorrow night... Dh got me tickets, said i should take advantage of the fact i happened to be holidaying in perth and they're playing a final here!! Only prob is i wont be able to watch the Grand Final, the plane tickets back to melb even 2 weeks before are soo expensive... Buggar!! Me and Xander are going to go, get our faces painted, wear our guerseys, hats, scarves, take flags... We're gonna be soooo decked out in merchandise!!

CeeCee: yeah great video! I see what you mean about that baby hammock now... looks like Ally just looooves it!

I just can't seem to get on here much... Niall is more wakeful these days...

Meet up: hey Nic we might have to put it back to the following week... How does the 22nd sound to everyone? Does everyone have regular committments on a Friday? I can't remember what you said in previous posts. I'm going to have to start thinking about Christmas shopping so will do a bit of that when I'm in there too (mainly Myer). Don't laugh first timers it takes 10 times longer to get organised for Christmas when you have kids constantly in tow! It's absolutely crazy I know.

need a cuppa... hopefully back later... Niall is more wakeful (finally) during the days now so it's getting tricker for me to find a time to post... and am sooo tired at night... back gets so sore from BFing and I find sitting at the 'pute makes it worse!

ETA: CeeCee inspired me to put a piccy of my 'pute desk on my site too... Wade leapt into the picture at the last moment too! So typical LOL

Bath, were u meaning the 22nd Sept? i will be away, but the rest of u r free u should catch up. i was thinking of planning a date now for say 2nd or 3rd week in october? i usually meet up with a friend Fridays but if it comes down to the only day everyone is free i could post pone.
    Thank god i am going to a baby shower today DH is on my nerves already. He has this big thing about its saturday so dont disturb me.... well that just give me the irates, i dont get this luxury anymore and when i was up trying to do things i left Nixon with him. He was winging (not crying just moany wingy) he just ignored him for 30mins! didnt try to find out what he wanted just because ITS SATURDAY and he doesnt want to get out of bed......
    i end up (prob going overboard) ripping the doona off the bed and throwing it in the hall b4 getting Nixon! why does he not understand our life is different to what it used to be 5yrs ago when we had no commitments/responsibilities like we do now, if he wanted to sleep all day he could, but he has a house/family now things just arnt what they used to be...... oh i oculd keep going but it only fuels me even more!! does anyone else dh have a thing about sleep?? he just HATES getting disturbed from his slumber, here i was thinking i was good for not waking him to change Nixons massive dirty nappy (4 days between poos!) thismorning @ 6am but godforbid i wake him at 8am to help me!!

Oooh Nic! He'll change! Tell him my DH was up at 6am this morning to take Verity to Little Athletics and he sooo didn't want to! And when he gets home from that he'll have to take over looking after the boys AS WELL because I need a break from them. Maybe don't attack him, just calmly point out that no father gets to sleep in on a Saturday (well, maybe on Father's Day if they are lucky!) LOL Sounds like he just needs to speak to more dads to gain a bit of persepctive

ETA: I don't really mean to imply he's being a bad Dad though... as I said, maybe he needs to go online and read about how much sleep other dads are missing out on! What would he do if you went back to work? Actually.... you ARE working! I really feel for you... I know how tired BFing makes you... they just don't get it hey? Actually they do get it when you leave them alone with the kids for a day or 2... but I know it's hard when they are so young.... I was like that with verity when she was a baby... until my DH was more experienced I worried that he wouldn't take care of her well enough to leave them alone together... but the only way your Dh is going to realise is to make sure he does as much as possible... just make sure you let him make mistakes (as long as they aren't life threatening) I know it can be hard to let go but make sure you don't create a rod for your own back. Sorry I'm lecturing now... it's taken my DH a decade to understand the full nature of selflessless that comes with being a dad... my DH seems to need a hell of a lot of sleep on the week ends too... it IS a bloke thing. Still, I know it's good for everyone that I get out by myself for at least half a day on the weekends... if when I return the house is a mess and Niall is dressed totally inappropriately it doesn't really matter... gotta see the big picture and choose your battles i guess.... a few weeks ago I spent all Saturday afternoon at Savers LOL and at about 4.30pm Verity rang me on my mobile and said "dad and Wade are asleep... Niall has woken up... should I wake dad or give him a bottle myself?" I told her how to make a bottle (she kinda already knew from watching DH) ... anyhow I was mildly freaked out but you gotta let go... and all was well when I got home...

Oh and sorry... I forgot about you going away Nic... we might have to make it for when you get back then... it'd be good if we all can make it

Hello girls - what a lovely Saturday in Melbourne!

Nickers, I am sure your DH will get over his current state - once Nixon is toddling around and interacting more and he realises that "Daddy!!!" is around, I'm sure DH will come to the party. It is amazing to see men melt once they have an adoring little boy or girl looking up to them.

Update on the dummy wars - I left Flynn with DH for a few hours the other day while I ran errands. In that short space of time DH learnt the joys of the dummy - he couldn't get anything done without it! We now have no debate in our household about the merits of the gobstopper.

better go - off to a mates' place for dinner - made triple choc brownies for dessert - mmmmm

ha Rory! i know what u mean. DH shoves the dummy in Nixon's mouth at the drop of a hat! i am always saying dont give it to him unless u think he actually needs it because its going to be hell trying to wean him off it when the time comes!
    Before i left he did appologise for his reaction to being woken thismorning, but then followed with a "u appologise for waking me up"!!! ha well i took it as a joke because i said i am not appologising for waking u up, other Nixon's has many appologies for me then doesn't he!
    Thanks Bath- i didnt take your advise as a lecture, its good to get other perspectives aswell, i know i jumped at things that had to be done the minute he woke which isnt really what u wanna hear! we've had this convo many times, he is not a good morning person, it takes him a good 30min to actually start acting human after waking of a morning! I've watched him get ready for work sometimes and he is just a zombie! ive said things to him and then later in the day he doesnt remember having the conversation!
    anyway baby shower was good, for my friend having identical twin girls, she got heaps of nice girly things as well as everyday stuff. to my surprise i was the only bf mother out of 6 mums with babies from 5-14weeks old, i kinda felt like the odd one out! i was planning to feed nixon there but cause he stayed awake charming everyone for so long he was zonked so brought him home he slept the 30min trip back so just feeding him now. having some troubles again so thanking i made it back home to feed.

Rory throw me some choclate brownies this way please!! yummmmmm

I just sent you all an email containing some 80's computer game classics... but it's just occured to me that as I'm...um... a bit older than most of you, you might not actually remember them... *blush*

Been gardening... had the first BBQ of the season... lovely day here in Melbourne.

Simone: ooooh! Go Doggies J/K hope you have a great night out!

Hi girls, what a lovley saturday! DH and I have done not alot today, I actualley made it for a nap (like the 3rd afternoon nap I have had since Tori was born), I also got out and did some water aerobics this morning so feeling pretty good.
    DH has spent most the day looking after Tori, is has been a nice break to have a bit of me time, he did just say to me though that he feels really worn out from spending all day looking after her, and I said 'welcome to my world'. At least i know he is starting to get an appreciation for what my days are really like.
    I have just added our Pixi Photo shots into Tori's album on her website, I am really happy with the way the family shot has turned out.
    Tomorrow we are going out for lunch with a bunch of old school friends and husbands/partners. There are 5 of us girls that are still friends (2 of the girls I still see all the time) and we manage to all get together about once a year for a catch up. It will be the first time we have all caught up since my wedding last Sept, so there should be heaps to gossip about, it is also the first time 2 of the girls have met Tori.
    Anyway I am off to do a bit more relaxing on the couch!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hi gals,
    The video is pretty funny hey! I made it for you as I was always talking about how cool the hammock is! It is a Natures Sway, borrowed from a friend, but all the other gals on BB use another brand "Amby" (buy from the internet) they are $230. Since making that video, I've learnt how to do it with my toes!

Nic - my first hubby loved his bed, this one is normally fine (he actaully takes her each morning at 6am while he walks the dog and gets ready for work, so I can have a sleep)..this morning however he was very hung over (Demons' lost), but I still made him "take over" at 7am..there was a small amount of grumbling.

Neeny - sorry u have a cold - pls try my ginger tea - it is AMAZING.. grate one teaspoon of fresh ginger root and put in a mug of boiling water with one teaspoon of honey (or to taste).. drink 3 cups.. the ginger makes you sweat your cold out I think? It always works for me...Sorry SIL gives you greif, my sister makes sly comments to me all the time, I find it really hard, as I so want us to get along... but every time we speak I feel like she always finds some way to work a sly comment into the converstaion.. DH thinks she is jealous that the family is focused on me at the moment/ maybe your SIL is jealous of your little "cubby" angle who sleeps well and is so beautiful!!!!

Simon - pls take a photo of you all dolled up with Xander! I love face painting.

US: DH took us on a ferry to this beach (Bunnenda) in Sutherland National Park - the ferry driver let our dog on the ferry as well. But said, the rule is - "if anything comes out either end we have to clean it up!" LOL We had a great day, so nice to be at the beach with my DH, my dog and my baby...

Baths - gee your house looks clean!!!! My computer room / baby room was such a mess, I was even in my PJ's during that video.. I'm not that young (36)....

Ali - yeah, don't you love the w/e... DH is in charge at our house on the w/e.. I still need to feed, but he really does everything else.. which sometimes works, but other times it does not, last night he did not do her nappy tight enough around the middle and it leaked (the nappy was actually dry, but the single, jumpsuit were all wet).. so I had to do the 'full change', which of course woke her up and then she was awake from 2-3am!!!! Ahhh.. tonight she has a fluffy over her nappy! She has never been awake at night before, I definatly do not want to start something....
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; September 16th, 2006 at 06:59 PM.

hey guys,

sorry havent been on for a while but have been thinking of you all!

Lachlan is still very unsettled but is slowly getting better, i took him to the gp the other day who suggested that he may have a lactose intolorance (thanks tresillian and the three paediatricians that i have seen for not suggesting this) he has really itchy eyes, mucasy (sp?) vomit and poo and has broken out in eczema! they told me that by four months it should be ok so im going to persist with BF until then (three weeks) and if no better i will wean him (unfortunately) he is not staying on the boob long enough to get the hind milk, i have tried expressing but it just doesnt work, im having a bad time feeding him at the moment but at the same time dont want to stop!
    He is still only cat napping through the day and waking 4 - 5 times per night so still no rest for me, im looking forward to a good four hour sleep or something like that, it will be heaven!!

Cee Cee - Where abouts in sydney do you live? my mum and dad are right near bundeena, i would love to catch up with you next time im up if your near the sutherland shire area!!

Sorry i dont have time for personals but will definitely make the effort next week!

Oh one thing i did try which i think might be having some effect is Calm! its from the chemist, totaly natural, just a few drops every four hours and it helps to relax baby. its made from Chamimile etc!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast