Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #11

Good idea, Bath! I was too busy relating to Jaspen's consternation to come up with any possible solutions...of course, if I had any of my own I probably would have used them by now!

*Kristee* Guest

Gee you girls are so talkative it is hard to keep up with!!!

TEE IS 3 MONTHS OLD TODAY!!!!
    Well i have had Tee sick again, i was stupid and took her out into the heat yesterday for a walk without thinking of the consequences i would cop after. Needless to say i have had barely any sleep and Tee isn't eating much. Oh well i think i have learnt my lesson now....for a little while anyway.
    Littlerigger i can't believe your little man is sitting up all by himself...such a clever little fellow. Tee is similar to the other girls children and ccan sit up for a while than looses balance. No i don't have a pic of my ring yet, but in my opinion photo's don't do anything justice.
    Jaspen i too get the days where the fist in the mouth is the most important thing to do... i wish Tee would sit up by herself so i wouldn't have to hold her up as well as she loves to sit but can't balance
    Kareni know what it's like having to go summer shopping, i have recently bought some stuff for DD for summer but have plenty more to buy. I wish that i could find a pair of Boardshorts that would fit her i am having no luck so far.
    IK and Jaspen it's not only your partners that are like that mine is too...i could ramble on about how/why/where/what but don't have that much time LOL.
    With that said i had better go as washing and DD are requiring my attention...be bak soon.

Kristee-Lea - 21
    Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06
    Tying the knot 7th April
    TTC March/April (unofficially Jan onwards)

Funny thing happened this afternoon while feeding Cody, I was sitting in my chair in front of TV with the boys watching their Ninja Turtles DVDs and because I hadn't had much sleep last night and didn't get to have my nana nap today I fell asleep for a full 1/2hr, I feel great now and the boys didn't even notice that I had nodded off, aahhh simple joys .

Happy 3 months Tee.

DH's - sometimes mine comes home and has expected the place to be spotless and has asked me what have I done all day, I simply tell him I had cleaned the house and that as soon as it was clean the boys dirtied it again. He also reckons that he could keep the house spotless if he was a SAHD, but I know different hehe. So my moral is that if it gets done then fair enough if not then so be it, as long as we have clean clothes and clean dishes to eat off then at least thats something, nobody is perfect and DH's should just give us a break every now and then, or they could always see how we have it day in and day out.

hugs xoxo

Agreed, Amanda! My motto is "what didn't get done today wasn't important enough to get done"!
    Happy 3 months, Tee Sorry she's still sick - that feeling of helplessness can get rooted, huh?
    Am I a negligent mummy? I remembered the day before and the day after, but I forgot to notice that Oscar was 3 months on Tuesday! Maybe cos I was busy missing doctors' appointments, making new appts and then hearing about my GF's news.
    Oscar is getting better. We've had a much better day and now I'm the one who's worse for wear - I feel physically exhausted, but pony had to be attended to and puppy dog needed walking, so I had to soldier on. Now I'm home I'm in my pj pants and DP has said he'll cook something with the chicken I bought. I hope so cos I'm also starving!!

Hi everyone!

Aleise started daycare today and I only had her in half the day.

I picked her up at 2pm and walked in on her crying, on her tummy. I told the daycare lady that she hates tummy time and asked how long had she been on her tummy. She told me "only half a minute" then picked her up and gave her to me. I was a bit annoyed and the other bubs were looking on - Aleise is the youngest one there. Oh well will have to keep an eye on that. I will try TT with her each day now but not for long. Her Godmum (who's accredited child care assistant) told me they should'nt've left her like that and should've re-positioned her! Apart from that they said she was fine and slept for about 30 mins in the morning.

Personals: Well I've had to skim the last part of #10 and it seems some people have been annoyed at not getting many personals. I recall this was a problem when we were all ready to give birth too. I don't let things like that bother me and basically I like to post in here and read other's experiences 'cause I don't feel so alone (being a new mum). If some people get upset about that then maybe they should re-assess. This is a chat forum and I got the opinion that its a free for all to post - with the standard etiquette rules of course. Whilst BB is addictive you can't stop living real life and I don't think anyone should take it personally if we don't send personal messages. Some of us don't have the time! (Like mums with more than 2 kids for eg!).

Meeting up with Amanda tomorrow - sorry to hear about your family Jo. Hope things look up for your parents soon. Mine split after 17yrs but they should've done so earlier.

Its late and I've rambled on long enough - catchya all tomorrow.

Oh yeah you think 30c is hot? I'm sure Brisvegas will be getting 37 this time next month oh and Jaspen - even though Tsv is notorious for hot weather SE Qld often get higher temps at Christmas time - just doesn't last as long as NQld weather!
    Nightie night! *hugs*

#karen# Guest

Good to see you neeny.
    Kristee-Lea - do you have best and less near you? I saw some swimwear and stuff for babies there.
    Hugs to all annoyed with their dh's. I agree ik, I feel it is far more important to nurture my baby than nurture my house, but dh sees the house as a priority.
    Amanda - yay for your sleep, I remember doing that with my 2nd.
    Hi to everyone else - I too don't always respond to everyone, but do read and appreciate all posts.

Had a busy day yesterday... managed to tidy that table of stuff that has been building up ever since Niall was born! Will take an "after" shot for my website as proof LOL Had BIL over for dinner... he is a bachelor too like our friend that rings every 6 months for a feed but at least BIL brings drinks which always includes a VERY nice bottle of red (something that our family budget wouldn't extend to these days) so I don't mind at all going to extra effort. He is also a primary teacher and totally understands the needs and demands of kids... infact he kept them wonderfully entertained while I started on dinner which is something our our mate isn't capable of... infact don't you just hate friends who whip your kids into a frenzy to the point that it distracts you and almost ruins the evening because you have to spend the rest of the evening trying to calm them down? That's what that other mate always does: sniggers behind his hand when DH and I try to discipline the kids totally undermining us! argh! Our kids just end up thinking that the naughty things they are doing are funny! The more I think of this particular "mate" the more I wonder why we bother...

Anyhow Neeny: good to see you. That doesn't surprise me regarding Aleise in care. The staff would be trained to encourage babies to spend time on their tummies so they would give her a go. Hopefully they are compassionate staff though and wouldn't keep her there if she was getting very upset. Just as long as she isn't just left in her cot being ignored I guess which can happen in 0-2 rooms as the older kids are more demanding.... what's the staff ratio? Are they keeping a diary for her? I used to love filling out the children's daily diaries when I worked in childcare The parents really loved reading them and because I love to waffle on I used to document every detail of their days. Our ratio was 1 - 3 (one staff member to 3 children in the 0-3 room so it was possible to do this kind of thing)... makes a wondeful momento of their early years which are so precious.

Well I'm hopefully meeting Rory in the city today Better start getting ready now LOL even though we won't be leaving until midday... honestly it takes that long to get 3 kids and the house ready (ie if I don't want to leave it in a mess). Better start by getting dressed while Thomas The Tank Engine is on!

thanks for your understanding of my stresses ladies - DH got involved this morning and really helped out to get things packed (which I didn't get done yesterday) and cleaned up after dinner after I refused etc. I think he got the message when i said "oh I'll have to get up and get started to be ready in time" - at 4am LOL. Anyway we're ready to go with an hour or so to spare which is great.

Neeny - too true about the temps in southeast Qld over christmas

#karen# Guest

Forgot to add - Neeny - i used to work in childcare and when putting such a young bub on tummy, would remain with baby and talk to them encouraging them to lift head etc. At least they are now aware you had concerns with it. It can be hard on worker as well allocating time to all babies, depending on ratios. What are the ratios there? We used to have 1 adult to 5 babies which in my opinion is ridiculous in a daycare setting.

yay, Jaspen! There is hope for the rest of us, perhaps... Actually, there is, cos last night I went to get chicken, came home after an afternoon out and told DP that I was physically exhausted...he cooked! And it was a brilliant meal, much better than anything I could have done with that chicken. It's always the way, though. I'll cook, but DP is a much better cook, so we eat better when he does it!
    Oscar is still asleep...
    Was going to see my horse again cos it's heading to 25 degrees...however it's not a necessity cos he has light rugs on, so I think I'll avoid being blown from Lysterfield to Sorrento with this blowy northerly and find another pastime...Glad I took the dog for a walk yesterday after I fed my horse cos today is not going to happen for him. At least I can rest from yesterday's efforts.
    I might heed the SES's warnings and move the outdoor furniture to safe positions and bring in my washing before nappies end up wrapped around the neighbours' goat...
    Daycare - I just couldn't relax if Oscar was in care! I took him to my CFA course for gas suits on Wednesday night and my GF (fellow firefighter) took him around the host fire station, cos DP was also donning suits...you think I could stop looking at the door? Well, she did come back and I could hear him crying...hunger cries...I couldn't get out of that gas suit quick enough - whilst maintaining decontamination protocol, I think I'll pass the assessment next week! Anyway, DP reckons it won't work to bring him next week, but that's cos he's not creative enough to think of solutions to fit Oscar into these things Anything I can't take Oscar to at this stage I figure I just shouldn't be doing. At least with the horse riding I can take him to the property and if it comes to it, get one of the mummies to hold him while I have a quick ride. I can also bring the pram and walk him to sleep before doing a pram transfer and just stop riding when he wakes up. It's been done by many a mummy rider before, so I'll find a way.
    I suppose if I had not been feeling so wrecked yesterday I could have thought about meeting up with Rory and Bathsheba...but it's only just occurred to me that I could have done that! Oh, well, next time.
    Might check on that monkey now...

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    This probably won't be very long as i'm trying to type with a broken hand and it's quite hard not tomention looking after Tee with it. It hurts real bad
    Amanda3 it's great to be able to sneek in a sleep every now and then even though i only have one at the moment let alone 4. I totally agree with your prospective of if it gets done thats fine and if it doesn't oh well.
    IK the feeling of having to sit back and watch my little girl suffer is so hard!!! Sometimes i just can't bear it and cry with her. Just curious what was the ses thing for as my mum lives down that way??
    Happy 3 months Oscar for last Tuesday!!!
    It does get very tiring you are just lucky your partner will cook for you mine will only cook once in a blue moon!
    Neeny i would've cried having your little girl in daycare for even just half the day. That is so wrong what they did th Aleise, leaving her on her tummy when she was obviously distressed
    Karen i do have a best and less near me. I haven't been down there yet but most stores stock swim wear for bigger kids, Tee is still in a 00000 to a 0000.
    Bathsheba well done on being able to finally clean up all the stuff of the table that must have been a huge achievment. I agree with you, your "Mate" doesn't sound like one i would want around...TMO.

Well it turned out to be a pretty long post but my hand is killing me now!!! Tee is being a real sook today...has been for the last couple of days what is the go with her it is driving me insane i can't even put her on the floor she has to be held ...which is hard when there is stuff to be done and a broken hand to try and take care of too.
    Bak Later

Kristee-Lea - 21
    Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06
    Tying the knot 7th April
    TTC March/April (unoficially Jan onwards)

Hi all - qucik one from me
    Bath sorry about not contacting you and telling you I wasn't going in, after me making such a deal of it. Flynn slept for ages this morning after a really unsettled day yesterday and I decided best not to take him out in this crappy windy weather. :-(

But I definately want to head in to city soon - let me know when you are next planning a trip and I will try to make it!

MY KITCHEN IS ALMOST DONE!! DH put in shelves and final cabinet yesterday - now all we need are the glass spashbacks installed and a bit of timberwork (skirts and architraves) and its finished. I now have all my cookbooks in the kitchen and the benches are all cleared. Only thing out on benches is toaster, kettle, coffee machine and kenwood mixer, so it's really clutter-free. I LOVE IT!!

I have really nothing to complain about DH - he is working all day on house renos and is actually the one who is nagging me to pick up after myself. I am as much a pig as he is and we are both trying to reform (ie: put things away after you use them, a place for everything and everything in its place, etc). But I sympathise with you who are having probs - my dad was a hopeless case. When mum was sick he used to say benevolent things like "don't worry, you can do the dishes when you get better...."

LOL at that comment from your dad Rory! Yeah we went into the city and waited for you for aaaaaaages... hehe... just kidding... we were at the clock at 1pm while we had our nori handrolls and briefly caught up with my DH... there was a new Volkswagen people mover right beside us (in the store) that we occassionally glanced wistfully inside... then at 1.20pm we figured you weren't able to make it so we came home. Don't feel bad... we'd been in there since 11am... hung out at Myer in the toy dept. Wade played with a permanent Thomas the Tank Engine train set for ages... World war three broke out when it was time to leave... bought a few Chrissy gifts too. Oh and sorry IK! It would have been lovely to see you too...it was all kinda tentative (LOL at that goat comment BTW!). Like Nic said, it'd be great for us all to catch up when she gets back Maybe also we could all meet here at my place? I think I'm kinda central here in Eaglemont? (Near Ivanhoe). Now that I haven't got that "Table of Shame" to stop me from inviting people over things should be ok... but yeah rory, not on a windy day like this....it's driving me nuts!

Oh and KL... how did you break your hand? I must have missed the post that you told us in.

Niall needful.... back later...

Well Neeny and I had a good day at Southbank watched the kids play then went and had something to eat and drink and the boys ran around playing in the water that the birds poo in, not a good thing. Me been dragon mummy keep yelling at them to get away, got some pics of Cody and Aleise together in their prams will email them around. So over all I had a good day. Then when I left I had to pay bills on the way home which is not so good.

Will have to get DH from work in another hour so will be back later.

hugs xoxo

Good on you for meeting up, Neeny and Amanda! Sounds like a lovely afternoon was had
    No worrries, Bath, I was just thinking this morning that I may have been up fpr am impromptu meet up - texting you when i was there as a surprise! But I hung out here ith Oscar instead, which was nice, too.
    Went over to introduce him to the next door neighbour finally! Saw him come home early and went over - they're expecting a baby in May. he told me, so that's exciting - a playmate for Oscar
    Gonna work on DP to come do the fortnightly shop with me - the last couple of times has proved too much for one person to pack into the car.
    Well, gonna get going and try to get nappies folded...

Yeah... I've got a pile of nappies that need folding too... got a case of Couldn't be Stuffed though... maybe we could be tribal and you could come over and help me then I'll go to your place and help you with yours IK? There's so many jobs that would benefit from the communal approach... especially the gardening... with people taking turns to look after the babies... oh I dream of such a life... but you never hear of it now in the Western 21st century hey?

Am going to ask DH if we could go up to Belgrave (near Puffing Billy I think) to the "Run with Thomas The Tank Engine Day" on October the 8th (the day after Wade's party)... maybe we could have a coffee at your favourite cafe IK?

Just had a brief heavy down pour... now it's headed your way IK...

Amanda: I love Southbank in Brissy... we've been there twice, perfect weather on both occassions... the little man-made beach area was lovely when we went. Sounds like it was a successful day though... good on you both

Ho hum... s'pose I'd better be good and do some tidying up so that the house is nice for the weekend...

Ok I've finally done a web page for Cody its in my homepage thingy.

hugs xoxo

hey guys,
    finally i have a bit of time to post, the problem is, by the time i scroll through and read up on everyone lachlan awakes and there goes my time to post and reply. But surely it will get better.

Well i have decided to wean, im putting him on a bottle, i dont know what else to do, all the health professionals are telling me to keep breastfeeding but i am willing to try anything to settle him, i have BF for almost four months and feel i have given it a pretty good go. i really feel like its my last resort.I tried him on a bottle a few weeks ago and he took it straight away but now he hates it, he fights and cries etc. Any suggestions to getting him to take it easier?? if i persist will he end up rejecting it all together??

People assume that because he is putting on weight that he doesnt have a problem but there is a problem because he just wont sleep, he is waking 3-5 times a night and is screaming all afternoon because he is so tired, not to mention that he has broken out in eczema and has really itchy eyes, mucousy vomit and poos too. I have an appointment with a paediatrictian in two weeks so we will see what he says.

Hmmm DH's - well lets not get me started on my DP, he has invited his entire family down for the long weekend, im going to have about 18 people coming!!!

Happy three months Tee and happy five months to Ronan and Nixon!!! boy how time flies

Amanda - good on you for your sleep, im very jealous!!

You guys are so lucky to be meeting up with each other, i would love to meet some of you, i feel like i know you all really well, but to be able to meet up would be excellent. Who lives near me??? im near nowra on the south coast of NSW!! but sydney isnt that far for me either!

Well lachlan rolled over last week and gave me his first laugh too! it was great! i love it, he is just discovering his voice now and im constantly hearing ah ah ah ah ah!

Anyway best go and organise bathtime!

Big hello to Everyone

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast