Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #11

Default Babies Born June 2006 #11

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

Name: Amanda3
    State: QLD
    DOB: 2.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 4oz (3310g), Length - 53cm, Head - 34cm
    Babyname: Cody Lincoln
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Feeds and sleeps like a trooper

Forum Name: Sara
    Baby's DOB: 5 June 2006
    Baby's Stats: 8pound 3ounces, 51cm, 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Briley Jean Harvey
    Notes: WE LOVE HER!!!!

Name: Jaspen
    State: NSW
    DOB: 06/06/06
    Stats: Weight 8lb (3638g); Length 53cm; Head 35cm
    Babyname: Samuel Ashton
    Health concerns: none thankfully
    Notes: such a little guts (200g weight increase in 3 days) !!!!

Name: Gabysmum
    State: WA
    DOB: 07/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 9lbs 12 ozs Length: 58 cm Head: 36 cm
    Baby name: Alexander Ivan aka Alex
    Notes: Big boy adored by older sister.

Name:Neeny
    DOB: 8.6.06
    Stats: Weight - (3140g about 6 pounds), Length 52cm , Head 34.5cm
    Babyname: Aleise Irene
    Notes: sleeps too much and doesnt eat enough in one sitting!

Name: simone
    State: VIC
    DOB: 9th June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 3lb 11oz (1680g) Length - 30cm, Head - 28cm
    Babyname: Anneliese Bethany
    Health Concerns: None... fingers crossed
    Notes: Born prem, due to infection in my uterus... APGARS of 8&9, breathed
    on her own; suffered from jaundice for 2 weeks after birth, came home at 27
    days old. Readmitted 3 weeks later to the Childrens with bronchiolitis and
    apnoea, admitted to ICU. then developed pneumonia. Spent 2 week in hospital.
    Is finally home, where she belongs...
    __________________________________________________ __

Name: *Jo*
    DOB: 09/06/06
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz (4020g), Length - 50.5cm, Head - 35.5cm
    Babyname: Freya Jean
    Notes: Repeat elective c/s @ 38wks

Name: littlerigger
    State:
    ACT
    DOB: 11/06/06
    Stats: Weight -8lb 3oz, Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname:
    Ryan Vaughn
    Notes: farts & burps like daddy!

Name: Roryrory
    State: Vic
    DOB: 11.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 3905 ( 8lb 9oz), Length - 52cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Flynn
    Health Concerns: Nil

Name: enigma
    DOB: 13.06.2006
    Stats: Weight 3220 grams Length - 50cm, Head Circ.- 36cm
    Babyname: Aneta Klaudia

Notes: Has my double chin and chubby cheeks

Name: Bathsheba
    State: Vic
    DOB: 13/06/06
    Stats: Weight 9lb 0oz (4080g); Length 52cm; Head 35cm
    Babyname: Niall Atticus
    Health concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 38wks due to Cholestasis of pregnancy. Birth attended by Kelly Zantey.

Name: Dee78 (donna)
    DOB:14.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3310g), Length - 51cm Head - 36cm
    Baby's name: Lachlan Roy
    Health concerns:
    Notes: very unsettled, doesnt like to sleep anywhere but mum or dads chest!!

Name: Nickel
    DOB: 16/06/06
    Stats: Weight 6lb 6oz (2.9g); Length 42cm; Head big enough thanx!
    Babyname: Ruby Jago
    Health concerns: only after birth, but we're good now.
    Notes: Breastfeeding actually works this time.

Name: IK
    State: VIC
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight 3.47kg, Length 47cms, Head Circ 34cms
    Sex: Male
    Babyname: Oscar William
    Notes: HypnoBirth&Waterbirth, relaxed baby so far, waking to feed and
    sleeping when not feeding! Co-sleeping and exclusively breastfeeding.

Name: Our 7th Heaven
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight 7lb 9oz (3.44kg); Length 55cm; Head 35cm
    Babyname:Nathan Xavier
    Health concerns: No all's well here
    Notes: He's a natural booby boy and a right little guts.

Name: #karen#
    DOB: 22.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 14oz (3580g), Length - 50.5cm Head - 34.5cm
    Babyname: Nathan John
    Health concerns: Talipes
    Notes: So far, so good - feeds and sleeps well

Name: Ali25
    DOB: 23rd June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 2 Oz (3700g), Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Tori Rose
    Notes: BFing well and starting to settle nicely

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Love

Rory: I missed a day too... I also meant FRIDAY!!!! LOL I was out all day yesterday thinking it was Thursday too... I had turned off the 'pute last night then told DH and he said that it was only Thursady tomorrow... but Niall was needing a feed and then I drifted off... hope I catch you here this morning so you don't worry that I've gone in.

And... yes...Friday would be good

littlerigger Guest

Gosh #11 already!!!! I only just caught up on reading everything in #10 this morning before Ryan demanded FOOD!!! The only thing I can remember is bee stings and that's because I am deadly allergic myself! Bath I hope Wade is ok. I had a bee land on me at Floriade last week and I am so petrified of them these days I stood there and just shook with Ryan n the baby bjorn until Matt was able to get it off. If there were less people around I would have just started crying! My allergy is like Wades. I got stung lots as a child and then by my late teens I was done for. Even if I get stung on the foot I swell and start choking!

I'll have to go back and re-read #10 again and then come back & post. In the meantime I have put up some new pictures of Ryan who is now SITTING UP!!!!

go Ryan go!!!! he certainly is advancing at a rate of knots Candy - all that tummy time certainly is paying off for him - before you know it you'll be having to chase him round the house cause he's crawling and walking early LOL. Samuel would love to sit up on his own but can't get his balance when he wants to also get his fists in his mouth and tends to take his head to his fist rather than his fist to his head causing rolly polly - even when he's on his tummy he doesn't worry about lifting his head to much cause his fist stays in so much better when his heads on the floor - I don't think we'll be progressing anywhere until we are over our fist obsession (not that I really mind cause one child tearing around is enough although cause sitting makes him so happy if we can get to that stage sooner rather than later it would relieve daddy or I a bit moreLOL.)

littlerigger Guest

lol Jaspen we have those fist days too Head to fist is so cute Does sam like sitting propped up with pillows?

yeh pillows or highchair is ok - but he prefers if we just keep his hips square or a couple of fingers lightly under his arms or in his fists so he has nothing behind his back (if we lean him back on us he gets cranky - must be sitting up tall and straight my boy LOL) - we also have the added element of DS#1 so Samuel doesn't really get to do anything in peace - if he's awake and alert Benjamin wants to help him and play with him (and really doesn't understand the strength/balance ratios)

littlerigger Guest

Jaspen I had Ryan propped up with pillows and he kept craning his neck forward so hard. I offered him my fingers and he pulled himself to sitting and was so happy and seems to balance himself ok about 80% of the time. The rest hes holding my fingers LOL. Just read about Sams mammoth sleep. Good boy!! Im imagining these balloons on your chest a la Anna Nicole Smith style lol.

Now Ive finally had a chance to go back over #10!!! Please note Ive started replying from my last post Middle of page 7 so if Ive missed anyone Im really sorry but you girls all talk so much!!!

Amanda do you think Matt would notice if I slipped primrose oil into his tea?

Rory good on your DH for letting you have a sleep in!! What a sweetie! I know what you mean about places being not baby friendly. My fave place for brekky in the ACT isnt baby friendly  during the warmer months its ok because you can sit outside with the pram. So hopefully well get to go again now its getting warmer.

CeeCee enjoy your holidays you lucky duck!

Nic How are the solids going? Hopefully Nixon will settle into being unwrapped soon. My SIL still wraps her boy and hes over 2!! As for the water, definitely helps. He hasnt been constipated since we started it and Id rather this than coloxyl, brown sugar or prunes! I cant believe that Nixons christening & Ryans naming is NEXT WEEKEND! I hope the weather on the coast stays nice!

KL Definitely dont put the sugar in her water. The last thing you want is rotten teeth etc. I think there is a section in the TTC area for people with PCOS. Maybe head in there? Do you have a pic of your ring yet? Im still waiting for Matt to do the whole question thing LOL. But he too has excellent taste in jewellery!

Jo Good to hear youre still alive! Sorry to hear about your folks. Hopefully you can get mum settled soon. Miss Freya, you need to cut mummy some slack you hear???

IK sucks about missing your appointment. But good to hear that you got to have a yummy lunch. I feel for your poor gf. Hopefully she falls again soon.

Bath I didnt get the court job and I wont have the other interview results for 4 weeks!! Ramble away about mum if you need to. I too have a mum that runs hot & cold & has funny ideas about how I should act towards her. I hope your mum sorts herself out.

Ali I hope your boob gets right soon (only in BB can you say that lol)

Karen Gosh last week sounded gross! Are you all good now though?

Dee I hope you get some sleep tonight! Surely the doc can give you a reason for the thrush? I obviously cant relate to the pain but your description is enough to curl my toes!!

Um I think I got everyone? I bet 50 people posted in the new one while I was writing this!!

Wow busy day already, was late taking Kailen to school again, going to let him have tomrrow off as I'm meeting Neeny in Southbank and don't want to be to rushed. Plus he can help with the other boys especially Wyatt, he can push his stroller hehe.

Nic, Dee and CeeCee I hope you all have good holidays.

Candy lol I don't think he would notice, why does he need it, is he been hormonal lol.

Better tidy up some will be around the traps.

hugs xoxo

littlerigger Guest

Amanda - Say hi to Neeny for us and have a great day!!!! Yeah I don'y have PMS, Matt has it for me

Candy just looked at your piccy's of Ryan thats amazing how well he's going and how good he looks. Kailen my first was walking by 9mths and I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan was going to be an early walker.

hugs xoxo

littlerigger Guest

Thanks Amanda. I'd love it but knowing my luck he'll drop off now LOL!!!!!

I just noticed what a good pattern you had going with your boys. Sept, Oct & Nov... then June?? LOL

I'd better post quickly cos I get fed up with looking for the thread if I don't get the reminders. Almost didn't get to find this one cos my precious skimming time was taken up by looking for it. I notice that there is a link to the previous thread, could I please ask again if we can have a link to the next thread in the previous one??
    Oscar has just grizzled again...there goes my posting time...

very quickly, cos I'm in between settling Oscar in the HAB and hanging washing before heading out to the horse and then back again to help BIL with his resume.
    Heaven - have a great time away! So sorry to read about the thrush. This and mastitis I live in fear of, so I hope it clears up really quickly. Thinking of you
    Candy - Ryan is too cute!
    Nic - Have a nice holiday, read you when you get back...
    Cee Cee - may have missed you before your departure, but enjoy yourself.
    Rory - everytime I'm far from my computer I remember that I never answered your question re: Daylesford! We stayed at the Boatshed House, down from the BP servo heading out of Daylesford again. It was so lovely that we're hoping to score it again. The cottage idea really appeals and I wonder which cold day in hell we'll get to stay there as a family in a cottage for a week, just waking up leisurely, walking into town, scouring THAT bookshop etc. Hepburn Springs is lovely and it would have been so nice staying there with your mum, I can just imagine!
    I've just been taking some photos of our flowers in the front yard. Mostly bulbs, but I took a couple of the blossoms on the flowering cherry. That, too, was in between hanging washing, so there's half a load hung under the house, another load in the washing machine and Oscar falling asleep in the HAB.
    Better get on with things!

#karen# Guest

Jaspen - Wow I can't believe Sam slept that long
    Dee - Can you tell me what the thrush on nipples looks like (if you don't mind) I'm getting a searing pain at end of feed and nipple doesn't feel or look right.
    Candy - wow sitting up? what a clever little boy Ryan is.
    Yes it was a gross week! feeling almost human now.
    Hi to everyone else have to get some summer gear for Nathan, this hot weather and all I have are jumpsuits.

fuming currently - why do DHs (or maybe just mine) have no trouble inviting people over for dinner the night before you're due to fly out for the weekend with other guests arriving on the day you get back (so would like to be ready before you go away) and then ask you to pick one of them up at the airport and do the shopping for the dinner stuff all while knowing that you will be doing the packing for the family trip away, tiding the house for the guests and the prior to leaving cleanup (which he never believes in anyway), waiting round for the phone man to come to fix the phone and looking after a 3mth old who I've been saying for the last week has lost his belief in any significant daytime sleep and I've been frequently suffering terribly from headaches again (of which I have one today) - and when you ask DH whether he thinks this manageable and maybe its not such a great idea to have dinner or maybe someone else can do the airport run his response is oh don't worry DS#1 is at daycare that day and I"ll pick him up on the way home so that will make it easy for you - aghhhh!!!! I sometimes wonder how he thinks some things around the house get done - it must be the magic fairy that visits unbeknownst to me!!!LOL (not realy laughing and probably don't have time to be sitting here but had to vent.

ETA - Karen - neither could I but I certainly won't be expecting a repeat performance in the near future (I can dream though LOL)

Grrr Jaspen! It's not just your DH. DP thinks I have time to look after Oscar, do the washing, clean the house, organise dinner...and then wonders why some of these things don't get done all in one day! He stopped saying it, but in the first few weeks he had the audacity to ask me "so, what did you do today" when he'd get home...with the tone of voice that said "what DO you do with your day" and even had the nerve to lecture me on time management... Ignoring him has seemed to have succeeded somewhat. The house is messy, the bathroom filthy, but at least these days the washing gets done. The really grrr thing, though, is that I normally fold his clothes and put them away (albeit I sort of sometimes just throw them in the cupboard!) and last night I put some clean clothes on the bed, folding my few pieces and putting them away before I had to tend to Oscar again. DP went to bed and when I finally made it to bed I walk into the room and his clean clothes are now thrown on top of other clothes on his chair...because I didn't fold them or put them away! He can bloody well put his own clothes away. Just cos he's at work during the day doesn't mean that I have all the time in the world. The thing he doesnt get is that I'm nurturing and cleaning all day...and then at night again...and HE complains when Oscar disturbs his sleep, which by definition means that I'm also awake comforting Oscar. I think men refuse to see these things because the guilt would be too much for them, so they delude themselves into thinking they do their share. I mean, when I'm cooking and Oscar is unsettled, DP thinks he's done enough if he's been holding him for 10 minutes, then has the nerve to put the boy into the bouncer so that he can get back to the computer! I mean, Oscar wouldn't probably be such an easy baby if I didn't invest my energies during the day making sure he doesn't get upset by comforting him and anticipating his needs. AND, get this, DP tries to give me the guilts when I'm too tired to get the dog bowl and feed the dog!!!! So, it doesn't surprise me that your DH doesn't realise you'd need superhuman powers to get the stuff done that gets done - honestly, it's as if the housecleaning fairy does it! Our place is falling into such a state that DP is slowly starting to realise that the fairy is on leave. I think he wanted a medal for cleaning the floor over the weekend...where's MY medal??
    Ok, having put the washing out, Oscar is still asleep and hasn't made hungry noises yet. I might have to risk him getting hungry on the way out to the pony cos I can't wait around waiting for dark!

Oh Jaspen I can clearly see that's all way too much to take on board. You will just have to tell your DH "No". Don't give a reason, just tell him that you can't do the least important (you choose) and say it can't be done. Don't let his annoyed response put you in a bad mood... just quietly stand your ground. Is the person at the airport capable of getting themselves to your house? Can they catch a taxi? To me that would seem the most time consuming aspect of your day that really doesn't need your personal attention (like the care of your DS does).

My DH is more likely to say to me these days: "No, you can't do it" because I often try to take on too much and then things go wrong and then I spit the dummy. Last night he had to tell a friend (who is forever calling us to see what we are up to and then somehow the only option that seems to work if we want to catch up with him is to cook a meal for him here... he has never cooked a meal for us... and his bachelor pad isn't suitable for our children to hang out in).... anyhow DH had to tell this friend that we couldn't do dinner that night... just too much on.... and for some strange reason we feel bad. When I think about it it's crazy! HE rings up every six months or so and it always results in HIM getting a free feed while we have to do: extra shopping, extra cleaning, extra stress keeping the kids happy and well behaved and extra tidying up. Pffft stuff that for a joke. So unless you actually define your boundaries people will always assume you can take on more and more and more. Some people will just never get how much having a baby to look after impacts on your ability to get other stuff done.... they are not like an extra hand-bag which can simply be picked up and carried arund while you do stuff. Good luck Jaspen... let us know how it goes.

ETA our bathroom is a pigsty too IK but DH knows by now that it's a low priority... HOWEVER I am right at this moment tidying up my Messy Table (piccy on my website) because my BIL is coming over this afternoon... better get back to it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast