Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #11

Hi everyone!

Wow Friday already? Gee time flies when you're a SAHM!

ANother beautiful day in where else but Queensland! Might go for a walk later as I have to post my dad's birthday card. Jaspen: Where are you? Thinking of NQld atm!

Bath: Lucky you scoring show tickets! Verity is very lucky indeed. We'd like to borrow her please if she likes ironing and housework - just tell her we'll take her to the theme parks as payment. lol!

IK: Hope you and Oscar get better soon. Mums' don't you love 'em? Always interferring. I thought mine would lecture me about Daycare but she didn't. She said Aleise is my baby and I bring her up the way I want to. Its MIL that interferes in our lives... don't ask!

Well today is Police Rememberance day and if I wasn't on maternity leave I'd be singing in the Qld Police choir. Will have to text the manager and see how it all went. Spare a though for the boys and girls in blue who put their lives on the line!

Aleise woke at 3am but I didn't hear it (can't believe that one cause I'm a light sleeper). Then she woke at 6am for another feed had 80ms (120 less than usual) and went back to sleep. She's alseep in babyswing right now so taking advantage of that.
    Only got housework planned today and later on this afternoon I have to see the GP about my numb sensations in my right hand. Been going on for 3 weeks now - just hope its carpal tunnel and nothing serious!

Where is Tulip?????? A few of the regulars have been MIA lately - oh well maybe they'll pop up soon.

Later!

I miss one day and there are 3 pages to catch up on?!?!

Neeny, I say the Vic Police parade on the news just now. Years ago my DH expressed the slightest hint of wanting to be a cop (as in "I think I would enjoy being a cop") and I cracked down real hard. Said I didn't want him being in danger like that. I really feel for their families...

Dee do let us know how Lachlan goes today. Flynn is a bit all over in sleeping - the other night he had a marathon sleep (from 9pm till 5.30am) but last night he fed at 6pm, slept, then fed at 8pm, slept, then fed at 11pm, slept, then fed at 4.30am, slept, then fed at 6am - the hours between 6am and 10am were a blur but DH took him into the lounge to give me a break.

Ali, good pont on Grand Final day being a good shopping day - might head to the shops tomorrow to return DHs jeans (too short - as always). I s'pose that is one positive spin off with AFL being a national game - now there is one Saturday in September that women all around Australia can enjoy a bloke and (male, mostly) kid-free day!

Bath and IK, I went to the show yesterday and it was ace! Flynn slept all day which was a bonus, and the Grand Pavillion has excellent displays. Unfortunately, while the Arts and Crafts are in a fantastic, modern and airy display hall, they didn't have any where near as much on display as previous years, or so it seemed. For example, they only had about 8 porcelain dolls on display - I remember there being heaps. Either they had less entries (possible) or the new hall, though lovely, doesn't have as much space (probable).

IK, on the BF in public, my mum was really anti BF (I suspect they have something to do with abuse she suffered as a child) but is now totally cool with it. She has said as much, and it is great to see someone who is nearly 60 have such a turn around in attitude. Yesterday at the show we sat "behind the scenes" at the woodchop (GF's brother, dad, uncles, etc are all Vic Champs) and I BF there, in the middle of all that blokiness. Felt completely natural and no one said a word!

Amanda I am cleaning hous today too! It's my way of procrastinating and not doing my "paid work" (at this rate I am gonna do my 7.5 hours in one hit - yuck!)

Soooo, Enigma, the bikini was in prep for DTD!! You dirty girl!! Hope all went well.

Neeny, glad Aliese is settling in. RTW is great in that you have more money, but I am finding it such a pain in that I have to discipline myslef to do it during the day/at night. I am starting to think that a day in the office a week would be less hassle than this "remote working".

Kristee Lea - big hugs to you We do think of you as a friend !! and I'm sorry we can't all be together. Your little girl sounds like such a doll - she is lucky to have such a caring mum.

Re bubs sleeping : I agree with you Bath, sleep + sleep = more sleep. Though the other day Flynn's marathon sleep session was after a day without naps. Isn't Gina Ford's theory mad?? I mean, who in hell can follow her routine? You'd have no time to do ANYTHING!!

Better go - I have great ambitions of Cleaing The Whole House today (as I said, work procrastination). So far have got rid of the dust bunnies upstairs (we have floor boards througout the house - lovely but you can't hide the dust!), done a load of washing, fed Flynn twice and helped DH with his migraine. It's now just hit 1pm - not bad for someone who got out of bed at 10am!!

ciao bellas

Neeny: I certainly will be thinking of the guys and gals in blue today: I've only ever had really positive interaction with the police... they've been very caring and helpful when, for example, a psychotic neighbour tried to break into our home at 3am one morning (at our old townhouse). We were so scared as the guy hacked away at our joining lattice between the properties and shaking our locked gate trying to get in... the police came in about 10 minutes and scared him off then checkout out the damage and charged him the following day with criminal damage... the thing is this guy was a corporate executive at a listed company... we suspect drugs (I think cocaine) had a bit to do with it)... anyhow we couldn't believe how caring the police were saying how worrying it must have been for us with our young daughter in the house too. They gave the guy a real hard time of it because he had prior offences apparently. We sold our place asap. Still, in a way if that hadn't had happened we wouldn't be lving in this perfect piece of paradise that we're living in now So everything for a reason hey.

Sleep last night: yeah Niall did a simialr thing: I fed him at midnight in bed, then laid him in his cradle beside my side of the bed... then at 3am on the dot I heard him stiring...but I didn't lift him out immediately... then I must have drifted off to sleep because he didn't wake again until 5.40am!!! so that was a long time between drinks for him! I guess he did spend longer on cluster feeds earlier in the evening.

Gee Wade went off to sleep easy today.

Just sent Verity down to the supermarket... going to do some baking for the weekend again. And hey Neeny... might take you up on that offer! If we actually get up to QLD over summer we might drop her off with you if you're planning a trip to a theme park... I'm only keen to visit SeaWorld but she wants to check out the others... would be too hard with the boys being so small. But Hey Verity is great with babies and would certainly love to iron your flat stuff! LOL

ETA: Oh Rory you have excelled yourself with that post that I've just missed... reading it now!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    just going to jump right in - holiday was great, dad played his guitar to Ally every day (she loved it), Mum showed her the horses and promised to teach her to ride, her little cousins all loved her (they all had a bath together).. it was great! DH and I talked more about moving up North so we can see more of our families. Maybe next year. Did the flight home bymyslef (with Ally) she was an angle (and everyone said so)... so proud! (I know it was a fluke thought!) He hee

DH just got a call that his Dad is in intensive care in a Hospital in Paris...DH is really upset and keeps saying "he has not even meet Ally yet!".. we will know more from the tests tomorrow, he can't fly home as they think it is a blood clot in his lungs..

have to go feed..back soon

Oh no CeeCee... that must be stressful worrying about your FIL in hospital... was he on holidays? Does he speak French? I can speak a little French but when you are there they speak so quickly its very hard... let alone when you are ill! Keep us updated about him!

Karen: printing out my free ticket now... I wonder if they will let me print out 2??? ETA: Nah... "strickly limited to one per family"... maybe Verity can come along with me (under 14s get in free) and Niall ...and we can leave DH and Wade home together... ETA again! Oh No, can't leave Wade at home! Dorothy the Dinosaur is going to be there, drats, they really know how to suck you in! Oh well... $14 for DH won't be too bad then... we can make a day of it.... oooh just had a scheming thought: we could split into 2 groups and pretend we are 2 families! Is that cheating??? Hmm, it is isn't it? oh well... maybe DH won't want to go anyhow.

Ok... Verity and I are going to cook a raspberry swirl cake... same recipe as the pineapple cake i did earlier in the week but with tinned raspberries folded through the mixture instead... should work... baking warms up the house brrrr still chilly... glad I did all the washing yesterday!

Bath, I was thinking the samething - send DP in separately or go with GFand meet her up inside...
    had long sleep, but not much fluids, will do that now and try sleep again. my mum is getting some panadol and vicks supplies

Rory - good luck with the cleaning, i had similar hopes today but i just dont feel like it!!

Bath - Rasberry yumm - you must let me know how to make it, it sounds lovely!

Cee Cee - i hope DH's Dad is ok, please let us know how he goes.

Well im absolutely furious, and dissapointed at the same time, i went to the paed. Big mistake, i should have learnt from last time, he basically looked him over, felt his belly, and said that there is nothing wrong with him, didnt take any notice of me telling him that he has dry patches of what we think is eczema on his body, DF has allergies and asthma, his eyes are really itchy etc, didnt care about any of that. Was more concerned about asking me if i ever feel like hurting the baby!!!!! MY GOD!!!!

anyway, want to hear his solution?..................... put the baby in the furthest room in the house and go to bed, that way when he wakes in the night i wont hear him and wont be able to attend to him therefore 'teaching' him to sleep! huh what an [email protected]#hole!

To make matters worse, the lady told me that the appointment would cost $85 and then he has the nerve to charge me $142! i had a massive blow up at the receptionist who told me that my out of pocket expense with medicare would be the same, lucky for her.

Anyway, thats it for me and professional help, i guess we will have to just struggle through this on our own. Hey, we have come this far, we can do it!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Dee that sucks! Is it hayfever season up your way? If so, it could explain the runny eyes and dry skin - I had my first bad reaction when I was only 3 or 4 months old. My eyes swelled up like golfballs and when mum took me to the doc he told her to go home and stop being a stupid woman. I am hoping that BF will stave off similar allergies in Flynn. Have you thought of going to a naturopath? I imagine if you find one who does pre-conception care they just might do bubs as well. I am not really heavily into natural medicine but whenever I have had allergies or something that isn't obviously a cold, chicken pox, conjuntivitis, etc (ie: diagnosable on the spot) a naturopath has always been more understanding. Like the time I realise I had a wheat intolerance - over months and months I'd had a sore gut and one day during a particularly bad bout of wind pain I developed a lump the size of a pea under my arm. It hurt to put my arm down by my side! By the next day when I managed to get to the doc it had gone. Doc said we would do a biopsy next time but to not worry - there was no such thing as a wheat intolerance - only things like coeliac disease (which thankfully I don't have). He didn't seem to think that maybe my lymph glands were reacting cause I was putting something into my body it did not like!!

CeeCee I am so glad Ally and you enjoyed the flight - did you keep her ticket as a momento?

Bath you have inspired me to get baking - think I will make some kind of cake too.

The cleaning hasn't got too far - DH's headache went away so we DTD while Flynn was upstairs lying on his mat in the lounge watching "City Slickers". What a bad mummy!! But now DH is wathcing DVD of "Firefly" (TV series behind the recent SF movie "Serenity") and Flubby is alseep, so better get back to housework.

BTW - I am addicted to my new gadget - a battery operated lint-remover. Cost me $5 from Coles - am using it on socks, trackies, the lot. DH agrees it works well but suggested I had perhaps best use my powers for good rather than evil.....LOL!

Oh Dee... that sounds terrible!!! But not all paeds would be like that... I'd try another one and I'm sure they would be horrified by that advice! It must be hard though... are there many paeds where you live? At least in a city you can pick and choose and get recommendations for good ones... they DO vary Dee... not all professional medical people are that bad... keeping trying darl.

Finished cake, going to make a raspberry glaze with the syrup (I drained them before folding through)... so this means putting it in a saucepan, adding sugar and simmering until it's reduced to a thicker consistency.

Also have updated Niall's site... took a piccy of Niall up on his elbows looking at a toy whilst the cake was baking. Also took a photo of his calendar where i record all his daily "firsts" and other memorable events in his life... oh and also a pair of robeez shoes which according to a lot of BB members are the best first shoes for baby... going to hunt these down soon!

ETA: Hmmm, this cake didn't work... possibly added too many raspberries... bit soggy on the bottom... tastes good... but needs to be fine tuned... so hint: don't use full tin.... only use about half of a well drained tin... wonder why it was different with the pineapple? Perhaps because the berries retain more moisture?

sorry missed your post rory! reading now!

Dee I'm so,so sorry that man can say those things to you. Big we all know that you can do, it won't last forever. I've found from a few other people with Lockies including my own that they are very strong willed, my Lockie never really liked sleeping as a baby either and at three months I went from bf to bottle feeding because of him feeding every hr. So I believe that you will come out the other end in a few months and will look back and think well I've done the best I can and I believe you are doing a fab job at raising your little man.

CeeCee sorry to hear about your FIL hope that he is well soon and good to see your holiday was good.

Bath hope you and Verity have a wonderful day at the show, mmmm you always make nice sounding cakes wish I lived down in Melbourne so I could have some. But then again I might end up the size of a house with all that delish food.

Well after saying how good Cody slept last night he has now been fussy all day, not sure if he's going thru a growth spurt because he is feeding constantly and hasn't done a poo in a few days, not that, that worries me.

ETA: Bath those shoes are so cute and Niall is looking so good what a clever boy on his elbows.

hugs xoxo
    Last edited by AmandaJ; September 29th, 2006 at 03:59 PM.

Dee I am so sorry about your appointmnet. What a horriable man... I wish I could offer some advice... Nothing much happening with me , we are laying grasss tomorrow so that will be some work and grand final watching we were going to sydney but now that my sister will be over from Bangkok in the next two weeks we will go up then...
    Go the Swans...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

thanks for best wishes re: FIL, no he does not speak french. MIL is going to fly there (no she does not speak either)... :-(

Dee - oh honey... I so feel for you. You are doing such a great job, it is so not fair that some of us have it so easy...poor Lachlan too, he is not having the best time.... we all think you are doing everything you can and we are here to support you in anyway we can. HUGE HUGS honey.

Rory - I know that batery operated lint remover - i had it in the States, it rocks.. just be careful on expensive clothes as it can 'cut' them (cuts the top layers off).

Baths - will go check out your new pics now - you cooking ledgend!

Amanda - hope Cody settles for you... Ally is having a bad day too... ummm.. something in the air..

Ok... gonna get a lint shaver... what's the prefered brand? LOL I abhore lint... and DH's Explorer socks are really bad with it.

I'm listening to StereoLab ATM... Wade pulled it out from our CD shelf at random and it's just what i need to listen to whilst cleaning up the kitchen!
    They are singing in French too... nice bit of synchronicity!

No way, Dee, this is where you go doctor shopping - that's disgusting! I don't think my eyes could have opened any wider reading what he told you! I would take Lochie to a hospital at this stage. Or would you consider an osteopath? I think at this stage you've got nothing to lose to try alternatives to 'traditional' medicos. And I'm pretty sure you'd have a few to choose from in your area. You're really going to want to start looking at Lochie's issues from some varied angles, cos the ones you trusted have failed you. I implore you to try 'alternative' medicine!!! Remember, though, as horrible as it would have been to hear him speak the words of asking you if you thought of hurting him, it's routine - that kind of question would have identified many a risky situation for babies genuinely at risk of harm from their parents. Put yourself in that position, with knowledge of PND etc and you would have to do the same. Maybe you and I could phrase these things better, or find some roundabout way to ask the same question, but don't take what he said to heart. He doesn't think you have harmed him, he's just checking on your state of mind, ok? Even though he's a dud for everything else!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Baths- OMG, Nial is so strong, there is no way Ally could do that! What a beautiful boy (also love the photo in the shower - you are both so photogenic) (is that how you spell it)..

Yep... the shoes are soft and all leather so breathable... cost about $40 (made in Canada) but most mums say their bubs get about 6 months wear out of them... there's heaps on Ebay for $15 secondhand. Wish i had discovered them earlier to hand down... oh well... maybe I can sell them on to you guys if they are still in good condition when Niall's finished with them for your subsequent bubs?

Oooh my first rose of the season has opened... A Eureka Gold... gonna take a piccy for my garden journal...

hi all
    no time.. quick post
    Bath - great pics on ur site, would you believe that not only were Niall & Aneta born on the same day , they both have the same bee.. hehe I noticed Niall looking at it in his tummy pic.. is it one where u pull the string and it buzzes??

as for our " special night " last night , i will leave it with no comments.. lets just say , we managed to turn a disaster into some fun , and at least got a good laugh out of it

Hope everyone is doing well !

[QUOTE=enigma;449197]Bath - great pics on ur site, would you believe that not only were Niall & Aneta born on the same day , they both have the same bee.. hehe I noticed Niall looking at it in his tummy pic.. is it one where u pull the string and it buzzes??

Yes! hehe... when you pull it downwards it extends then vibrates as it "buzzes" back up. *insert Twilight Zone music* LOL These kids have gotta meet!

Verity's onto her second serve of cake... gonna make a raspberry milkshake with the syrup... it's moist enough as it is!

Niall is sleeping in his big cot... was awake for quite a while this afternoon.

DH is going to a work function tonight End of banking year (they have it on a different date to the Financial year for some reason. He might find out how much bonus he gets soon... so much hinges on that... whether we go up to QLD for a holiday for example...

geeze we've been a chatty lot today! Going to be a few comments from Junies who haven't been in for a while... Before we know it AstroLady will be in here closing the thread! funny how we have these spurts and on other days it's like we're all too busy doing our washing... or sleeping! IK hope you've rested today!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast