Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #13

Morning Ladies,

Just quickly, Bath i will text u when i am leaving MCHN appoint so u know i'll be approx 20min away! i have printed out your directions & also a copy from where is.
    I also heard today was gonna be 27.
    So there is Bath,Me,Simone,Rory & IK & kiddies!

Hope all you Melbourne girls have a great meet-up, don' forget to take heaps of piccys.

hugs xoxo

Bath, as nice as it is to have a new outfit, if you really would rather spend the $$ elsewhere just go with last year's. I go (or used to!) quite a few black tie functions each year with the Law Institute and HAD to have a new dress for each. But now the novelty has worn off (I have been on the Council for 6 years) I realised that no one remembers what you wore from year to year. Sad but true.

Target has gorgeous dresses in the latest fashions for about $50 Bath-not breaking the budget, but fashionable as well

And who's bringing a camera? Dh took the memory card from mine in his PDA to work (grrr...) but i can pinch his camera. Prob is i dont have a website to post them on, and his camera is a bid Nikon D70s and worth about $3000...
    I wish i had my little camera to take...
    Last edited by simone; October 13th, 2006 at 09:31 AM.

Taking my camera...I recharged the batteries last night so all set

Thanks Rory I really needed to hear your voice of reason! Still I think I'll need to buy some new dresses eventually as I seem to have shrunk a bit and my summer wardrobe doesn't fit like it used to so might check out Target as well.

Nic: I should be pretty much ready as soon as you arrive... just park in our drive then we'll go... unless you need to change Nixon etc

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi gals,
    what a drama last night was; everything fizzeled:
    Hair appointment - hairdresser locked himself out of the salon, so had to wait for a locksmith, by 7pm the locksmith still had not turned up, so we had to cancel!
    A friend texted DH and said his DH's badge number was called at the Local Pub, ($750) - so he gets dressed and runs down there and the number was called Wed, not last night. So no money.... boo hoo
    then, A very good friend calls to ask for another friends number (where his wife is having dinner) as he is in the Hospital (moterbike accident).

I swear there was so much running around and to-ing and fro-ing it was rediculous!

I think Ally senced all the action as she woke at 9pm for a feed? She had never done that before.

oh well.

I hope you all have a nice time today at the Melbourne meet up.

Baths - if you see a nice dress, I say buy it - just make sure it matches shoes that you already own! Or better still can you borrow a dress? I bought a Lisa Ho dress on sale for $99 8 years ago. I've worn it to 3 weddings and two of my friends have also worn it.. Oh and my sister is goign to wear it to Ally's blessing...I say share and share alike!
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; October 13th, 2006 at 09:49 AM.

enjoy your meet-up Melbourne Junies!! - remember, many photos!

CeeCee: that's so sweet of you to offer it to other people... but I'd be too nervous that I would spill something on it! I'd love to borrow another hat for the races as they are the expensive item that you don't get any other wear from... and unless it's a windy hat nothing is likely to happen to it. My shoes are black strappy ones... not going to buy a new pair... these ones are as comfy as they get and I DON'T suffer for fashion.... however don't worry Melb Junies... I'm not going to hijack the day with me looking for an outfit! LOL There are other places I'd like to show you that don't involve clothing... but let's walk slowly through the women's wear dept if we go to MYER

i would love to go to the races, but money's tight and i dont know anyone this year!! Going to save my pennies and go next year. Will be so exciting, always watched the race on TV, one day i'll be there

When i buy a LBD (Little Black Dress) I choose something that is a simple cut, so i will be able to wear it for a long time, it wont age with fashions. Same with shoes (sometimes i give in and buy fashions, i only ever seem to wear them once...)Im lucky my weight doesnt really change (only when i have babies!!) I normally spend about $100 when i buy a dress, but i love the stuff in target at the moment.

Im on my first day of quitting smoking. DH has agreed to quit drinking altogether if i'll quit smoking. I dont really want to quit smoking (i only have a max of 3 a day, its my little relaxing thing when the kids are asleep... i need to find something that wont kill me!!) But i really want DH to quit drinking... so i suppose i dont have much choice. And apparently i promised (i dont remember doing that-i must've been drunk!! Just joking...)

Miust dash, gotta do hair and stuff and kill Declan... he got coke out of the fridge, and is screaming at me because i wont give him any. The kids are lucky to get juice let alone that crap!!! Damn DH leaving it for them to see...

All those who are coming, i will see you i about 2 hours, those who arent... we'll get great photo's, and have a good day

Hmm, I was all on track to catch the slightly earlier train...but Oscar isn't playing ball. He isn't playing anything - he's still asleep! Well, I'm hoping to catch the train that ought to get me there just on time. DP's back, so maybe he can drop us off at the station (he's been running crews around to fires)...
    See you later, Melb Junies!

Hey All,

Hope you girls have a wonderful day together, i wish i was coming!!

Maybe when im up in Sydney next we should meet up Cee Cee??

Simone - Good luck with the quiting smoking! I wish i could get my DF to quit smoking, he was going to quit when i had the baby but so far, nothing! he keeps telling me he is on his last pack! but then whinges that the finances are tight! Go figure!

Well, so far today i have spent three hours just trying to get lachlan to sleep only to have him sleep for 40 mins and then start up screaming again. Honestly girls, i dont know what to do, i have tried everything, i have left him to cry (he gags and makes himself vomit) i have tried holding him (he will then scream when i put him in bed) i have tried Feeding him to sleep (but again most of the time he will scream when i put him down) i just CANT get him to go to sleep and stay asleep, he is constantly tired and irritable cause he isnt getting enough sleep, the only way to stop him screaming is to BF him so im up to my 7th feed already today and its only 1.30pm, my milk is starting to run low which means ill be up for the hourly feeds all afternoon.
    I just dont know where to go from here!!
    DF told me that he has had enough and he doesnt like coming home from work anynore, he is sleeping in the back room so i hardly even see him anymore. I would get mum to come down and help me but i get too upset when she leaves and it just makes it harder.
    Im so sick of getting my hopes up, everytime he goes to sleep i think "yeh i can do this, he is getting better" then it all starts over again and the screaming begins!

Sorry to sound like a whinger, i hate coming on here and being negative but i just dont have anyone else to vent to. DF doesnt really want to hear it at the moment so unfortunately you girls are it!

anyway, about the races, i am sooooo jealous of anyone who is going, i love them, they are such a good day out and i love dressing up, hat and all!!

Hope you are all having a great day!

Well ladies I am back online finally!!!!!! Will catch up later

Dee I am so sorry to hear that things are tough for you, it must be so hard when you feel so isolated and alone. I would say that if your mum is able to come and help then let her because by the sounds of it you need some rest. I am sorry to say this but your DF sounds like he is being incredibly selfish, has he even considered how it must be for you to be dealing with it all day?
    I wish there was more that I could do to help, I guess the only advice I have is that if you know something is not right go back to your GP and INSIST that they find you some help, if not why not try ringing a counselling service and see if they cant put you in touch with someone. I guess basically it comes down to go with your gut, and just keep pushing untill someone listens.
    Please consider asking your mum for some help, maybe she can go to some appointments with you to back you up and try and get you some help!
    Make sure you take care of you, even if that means handing Lachlan over to your Df when he gets home and going for a walk around the block!

littlerigger Guest

Dee, sweetie if I still lived in Wollongong you would have yourself a visitor!!! You'd be going to the hairdressers, massage place, pub, where ever you need to for a break!!! And I'd give your hubby a kick in the pants while you were out. I wish I could give you words of wisdom to help with Lachlan, I really really do!! Just take care. Do you have my email address if you need to talk?

Time for a new thread found HERE.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678