Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #14

Wow, i cant believe how hot it is here - i do love the hot weather though!!

i forgot to say before that LACHLAN IS 4 MONTHS TODAY!!
    i cant believe i have been doing this for 4 months!!

One good thing happened today. DF got Lachlan to sleep, this doesnt happen often, he finds it difficult to get him to bed and lachlan is uneasy around DF but hey, things might be happening. He is quite happy with himself. I think part of the problem (apart from the fact that he is selfish) is that he has no confidence with Lachlan. He feels that he cant do it and therefore doesnt try. Who knows!

Anyway, best get back to trying to get dinner organised - Quiche and salad tonight a nice hot weather dinner (and some leftovers for lunch tomorrow)

Happy 4 months to Lachlan!!

Its amazing to think that someone has been dependant on you for that long... wait til you get to 3 1/2 like me, thats even scarier

Well, the weather is mild, im sitting in bed, with Anneliese asleep next to me. DH has taken the boys for a drive to Nannies place, so its actually quiet... I know i should b e doing some cleaning, but its so nice to relax for once...

happy 4 months lachlan and hopefully the positive experience between Lachlan and DF will help things along for all of you cause up until you wrote that I was in agreement with the other girls re DFs response just ahdn't got a chance to reply. Hopefully this is all a sign of some more relaxing enjoyable experiences ahead for you Dee - but do come back and vent and know in the back of your mind it will come to and end - days will get better and also know that siblings don't repeat the traits of the elder ones necessarily (just for future reference although I can imagine this is no where in your thoughts currently). BBL

Busy day here, we are having friends around for a bbq tonight so the house and yard needed a good tidy up and I have been making salads all day (but enjoying it because I love to cook).
    Dee- I am glad that your DF had a good experience with your Lachlan, maybe a few more of these and he will gain confidence and want to get a bit more involved.
    I finished my Goddaughters cake, and I am quite proud ofit, I will take a piccy later and post it it.
    Anyway better go and finish off those last few jobs before everyone arrives.

hehe Ali we have been doing the same today, friends coming for a bbq shortly. I cleaned up inside DH outside.
    Nixon had his 2nd swimming lesson today, already i noticed he started kicking about more then last week, so look forward to watching him get better. We wont be dunking them under for another month or so (mums & dads need to get our selves prepared i think!
    wasnt it suppose to be 37 in syd? I feel sorry my sister was having a 2yr bday + naming day for the younger one today at her house. would have been a stinker.
    next time i come to syd will prob be xmas & everyone busy but maybe the time after we should try & stick a date for a meet up for those in syd. would love to meet all of you eventually!
    Happy 4 months Lachlan glad DF put some effort in for you & as Jaspen said maybe remind him of how he CAN do it if he carries on again. My dh gets the same sometimes, we had a bit of a thing today about how he gets his 3 times a week to go kick boxing but i dont get "my thing" so we're gonna try & get a routine thing for me so i get some time to myself, either go to the gym/do some scrapbooking or something.

#karen# Guest

Jess - just saw that you were online, hope everything is okay
    Dee - yes very hot yesterday, much nicer today. Nathan just seems to feeds longer and is cranky in between on hot days. It's so horrible and both of us get hot and sweaty. I wonder what it's like to have a/c....... There is also ceecee for the sydney meet, not many of us.
    Nic - that would be great would love to meet up with you in the future
    Hope the bbqs went well yesterday.
    Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend

hi all

Thanks for your support girls. Simone I've Pm'd you.

Aleise's wheezing has gotten a bit worse - she seems to be sleeping moreso since Friday's horrific appointment. We're taking her to another doc at 12.30 today and mabye some ventolin will help so we'll ask that doctor about it. I think they may take me more seriously today since Matt will be with me. I'm just so conscious of the asthma on my side and know that chest problems can get worse at any minute.

A friend of mine came over last night (Matt was at work) and leant me her vaporiser with Eucalyptus oil. It didn't make much difference. She is feeding in bits and pieces and is a little grumpier today - when she is awake.

Anyway not much else news - lovely day in Brisbane and we were going to the International food festival at Roma St Parklands but all plans quashed 'cause poppet is sick. Well its been nearly a week now so I hope she gets better soon.

Oh and the "other" appointment on Tuesday is one for me - not Aleise. That doctor I'm seeing knows the Female cow I saw on Friday and I'm going to let it rip on the hope he tells her what I said (I think he will too!). Her hubby is my usual doc and he's so lovely. Good thing I've found another female doc for my female things like smears 'cause I'll never see that chick again!.

Well hopefully I can post better news later today - will try to enjoy the quiet time now as she's asleep in her babyswing. Sorry no personals I"m being selfish and self absorbed today.

Post again soon.
    Neeny xoxo

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi gals,
    tad behind on the personals.. sorry.. I've put my back out, well my neck, it is so painfull.. i can't even swallow as my neck musles are that tight - so strange? DH has been wonderful and has done everything for Ally, I spent the whole of Saturday in bed..with heat packs.. and sleeping as it was my only escape from the pain..tad better today (yes, heat packs while it was 37 outside)...

Dee, it is GREAT that DH put Lachlan down, it took my DH ages (and me bitting my tounge) for him to be able to help as much as he does now. I think they just need to spend lots of one on one time with them... I hope things get better and better for you honey.

Karen - yes, I'm in Sydney (Newtown), but will be away for the month of December / January so I would miss a Xmas meet up.. but would love to meet up other time...

Neeny- oh, I'm sorry... there is another essential oil called "breath eazy" which is suppose to be good?

ali - going to go look at your cake now...

Hi girls... just lurking... read all your posts... doing our Sunday night routine... and I'm making biccys for the week ahead (once again trying to avoid buying supermarket ones that we all tend to quaff without thinking... if you've made them yourself I find we all slow down and appreciate them more).

The races went well yesterday... will update more tomorrow. Hope everyone had relaxing weekends

Hi again!

Just a quickie to let you know this doc we saw today FINALLY gave me some hope! He suggested ventolin puffer, mask and spacial tube. Even though they don't diagnose asthma till at least 12 months its worth the try since she's wheezing moreso. We tried a couple of puffs earlier and she was upset by the mask and we're not sure she inhaled any ventolin. I will give her some more before bedtime and put the vaporiser on again.

Ceecee: Sorry to hear about your neck - how did you injure it? Hope you get better soon and thanks for the tip about "breathe easy" oil. Do you know where I could get it? At the chemist maybe?

Nickers; You asked a while ago about my work days - I'm only a part timer and work Thursdays and Fridays. I go back 26 October. Aleise is only booked for daycare Thursdays as Matt gets every 2nd Wed and Fri off but he has to work the Sat in that week. So the days he will be working our mums can help us out. Only thing is I've re-enrolled for uni next semester and once Aleise starts walking I'll need someone else to babysit on Tuesdays - apart from my mum as she's 72 and isn't fast on her feet. I would rather she go to daycare than get MIL to babysit as she really enjoys lecturing me!

Well I'd better go help Matt with dinner. See you ladies later and I will make a better effort for more personals next time.

Hi guys just checking in, Lol I sat down to do this post at 12.30 it's now 10 2 5 , lol.
    Donna, I'm so glad DH made an effort, and just remember to encourage him and not critisize him when he helps (which I'm sure you don't do) I made that mistake and had to very quickly learn to keep my mouth shut and let Dh do it his way. That was with our first. He'll build his confidence in no time, BUT if he continues with any of that nonsence tell him the girls at BB are watching and will have words. Maybe you can encourage him to join in on the men's chat in here, It might help him.
    Something else to keep in mind is that at 6 weeks, 3 month , 4 months and 6 months (or abouts) they have their growth spurts and will feed a hundred times a day, or so it will seem. Babies can sence when you are stressed and will stress right along side of you. Have a shower together, go outside and walk around the garden. Some other things to consider are Ring your mum and tell her you need her, maybe she'l come to visit more, go to see your Maternal Nurse, Ring the ABA and talk to a councelor...
    Sorry it's now 6.15 and I still haven't finished, this is hopeless, lol, This is why I don't bother posting much anymore, I never have time, and on cue their is Nathan screaming, lol
    Donna some other things and don't feel bad and I know I'll get jumped for saying this, but if you need to give him a bottle to get a few hours peace, do it darl. Then have a shower, sit outside and read a book or have a glass of wine.
    KL Don't get offended Darl, but I don't think you really should stand bub up on her own, they pull themselves up when they are ready. It might look cute BUT All you will acheive is giving your little princess bowed legs, their bones are still soft and developing as they get harder, if you stand them up on them to early they will bend. Concentrate on belly time they devolop co ordination and muscle control that prepares them for crawling and walking.

Neeny I hope Aliese is better soon.
    Simone good to see Annaliese is doing better
    Very jealous of you girls getting together and ohhh I love to go to the races, loved the photos.
    Nic wow swimming lessons already, that's great.
    Hi Amanda, Karen, Jaspen, Ali, Bath, Candy, Ik, enigma, did I miss anyone, If I did, Hi.
    Well dinners cooked I Roasted chicken peices with garlic butter and have just made mashed taters, pumpkin, brocolli, cauliflower, peas carrots and corn.
    Of course I am having the chicken, and some limitted veges as I started a modified Atkins last week and have lost 5 kg this week. I would like to lose 15-20kg by Christmas, totally possible.
    Well I just blew up, cleaned, vacced and moped this afternoon and Melissa just got the made up cordial out of the fridge and spilted it all through the fridge and all over the floor and under the fridge so I had to mop again and served dinner. it is now 7.13
    riduculous isn't it, lol I wonder how many posts I have missed since I started this one 6 hours ago, lol
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; October 16th, 2006 at 02:37 PM.

LOL Dee (Heaven) Kids ALWAYS spill stuff on the floor if you clean it... or tromp through mud etc. I bascially don't bother doing my floors until it becomes embarrassingly dirty (every few months) luckily these floor boards manage to hide the dirt. Disgusting hey? I'd never get away with this in our townhouses that had white and cream tiles... I'd have to mop them over every night because the dirt was so visible. Loooove floor boards. This phenomenom goes for carpet as well... the minute you have them steam cleaned they will suddenly get an uncontrollable desire to scribble on them with texta or drag in half the garden....

its not just kids Bath! I moped the floors yesterday, 5min after finishing dh came inside & left the door open, we were both upstairs & the dogs came in and put their dirty foot prints all over the still wer floor.... i made dh re wash them! (we have choc colour tiles & they show up everything)

bbq was good last night but drank a bit to much wine, felt crap today. dh took nixon to do the shopping i layed on the lounge with a doona and fell asleep watching a movie.
    look forward to hearing how the races went yesterday.

Hey ladies, really really crap weekend, i know you'll all be diappointed, but i had a weak moment... I bought another pack of cigarettes

No personals, sorry, not in a very good state of mind today. I'll be lurking in the shadows... Talk to you girls later.

PS thanks for the meet on friday girls, made DH realise that im not just his little house slave, i am a nice person and other people want to know me.

Anyway, im babbling, chat later

TTFN xx

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Dee 78- i just re-read your old post, I so wish we were closer. I know this may sound strange, but what about putting Lochie into care for half a day,one day a week? Was it Simone that said her kids have 13 weeks of free care? How did you arrange that? Your situation is warrent of help! i know you would miss him, maybe try for a week? Maybe even FDC?

Neeny - the brand is "in Essessens", some Chemists sell them, but most health shops have stock. My sisters boy had the same problem and used a vaporisor too. He is now 5 and strong as an Ox - so she may grow out of it?

Simone - giving up smoking is the hardest thing I have ever done. if it wasn't for Ally i would still be puffing. it has been one year, i no longer think about it - it was hard, but you CAN do it.

7th - good luck with the low carb diet! I need that as biccys make up too much of my day...

speaking of biccys - what did you make Baths?

ME: My neck is a tad better - darn nappy bucket, I knew it was too heavy. The Chiro was $55 - ouch.
    I'm having some sleep problems with Ally again - as soon as I even walk near her hammock she screams! she just hates going to sleep.

anyway the main reason I wanted to post is to tell you all that: HARVEY NORMAN HAS 15 CENT PRINTS FOR 15 DAYS! so if (like me) you have loads of digital prints of you bubs but no hard copies, now is the time.

Ohh... 9.30am, DH has a job interview now... for a promotion, if he gets it, it will mean more money, but more hours, and I'm not sure if I want him to work more hours. His time with me and Ally is worth more than $$$. I know more money is good, but, well, you all know how grateful I am when he walks in the door and takes Ally for a while. I have no help besides him, no family, no good friends close by who I could ask for help. Anyway, maybe he won't get it? Who knows?

Hope you are all having a great day...
    PS Ally has been alseep for over an hour? Maybe the 45min cycle has been broken? (I have been next to her rocking her when she stirs, maybe I will just do that for a week, then hope she sleeps longer on her own?)

Hi all, just a quick one from me. Good to see you back, Dee!

Neeny, I am so glad you got somewhere with the docs. We had a tiny flurry at our place because the MCHN said Flynn had eczema and was about to develop weepy sores any minute (he had a rash all over his body). She referred us to a dermatologist, told me to change washing powers, stop eating dairy, bread and strawberries and buy this special oatmeal paste for his skin. We were so worried till we realised the rash wasn't on his feet, bum or face - all the places I hadnt' put cocoa butter cream on him! It has totally gone now. I know our MCHN was only trying to help but we very nearly were sent on a wild goose chase.

On the standing up thing, I asked Flynn's osteo if it was ok because he loves standing up while someone holds on to him. (We take Flynn to the Victoria Uni teching clinic and he sees the head lecturer in infant osteo) Osteo said it was ok to do this and that he would simply bend at the knees when he was tired. BTW I also asked her about jolly jumpers and those weird "standing up" frames you can buy (not the walkers) and both are ok so long as the kid is not in them for hours at a time and they are taken out when they are obviously tired. Basically the advice was that kids will get tired long before they damage themselves and bowed legs is more a result of genetics than anything else.

better get to work - ciao bellas

HEy CC, i gave up when i was pg with all the kids, but in the past month or so, i have found that having one or two a day is keeping me sane.... one in the morning and arvo.

I got the 13 weeks free care because i was involved with DHS and i told them i needed some help... Sometime sit can be a good thing them being involed with your life, i couldnt get into a good physchiatrist, and they got me into a govt one, and got me past all the waiting lists and everything. Maybe contact them??

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Simone - awwww, sorry you had a crap weekend. That is when I would buy cigs too. Giving up is so very hard. I have an ex-smack friend who told me that cigs are harder than smack to give up. Have you tried the quit line? they are really good. I just know for me, one turns into ten within weeks...buy my sisters MIL still only has two per day (even her 35 year old son does not know!)

thanks for the DHS info simone. Dee78, maybe you could call them and ask for help? The sound of a constantly crying baby is a form of tourture that has been ruled out as inhumane by the Red Cross! They should help you get into some form of care.
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; October 16th, 2006 at 09:52 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast