Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #14

Evening June Mummies!!

Well had a pretty good day and since Matt is training he gets home earlier this week so I managed to get my butt to Power BAr (or Body pump) this evening. ONe lady suggested I bring Aleise with me and put her in a corner - which would solve the baby sitting issue for evening classes. I said "I don't think so". Imagine a person accidently running into her or a weight flying across the room and hitting her! Besides she will cry for attention if she sees me and I'm doing the class instead of playing with her! Oh well I'll be back at work next week and I can then afford the $4 for child minding in the mornings its just that the classes I want to do are in the evenings or when I'm at work!

Aleise is slightly better and I found she was wheezing less this morning since I decided not to use the vaporiser last night. Silly me though put her to bed tonight and forgot her bedtime ventolin dose !

Bath: Love the pics darls. You look fab for a lady who gave birth 4 months ago! Gawd I wish I looked that good and we are the same age!. A size 8-10 I'm guessing??. Last time I was a size 10 I was like 24! Ohhh love the child photos of you too - can't believe how much Seaworld has changed since 1978!

Ali: Oooh that back sounds painful! Have you tried a magnetic blanket? I've used it for my arthritis pain and it works wonders. Obviously a trip to a chiropractor would do wonders too! Do take care of yourself now!

KL & Simone: I'm sure you could give up smoking - have you tried Nicorette?
    KL: Taking up a hobby would divert your attention from doing anything silly should you do give up smoking successfullly. You've got a little girl to think of so your universe has expanded somewhat. Oh and about your friend with the 4 men.. WTF???? Sounds like a bit of a get around if you ask me. Someone like that shouldn't be having kids until she settled down with ONE guy! Next time she shows up unannounced tell her where the closest hotel/motel/backpackers are!

Nickers: I agree with IK - you do look good!

Oh funny thing happened in the shower today - I took Aleise into the bathroom and sat her on the babyrocker on the floor. ONce I'd finished my shower and was getting dressed she stared at my boobs as if to say "Gee mum they look familiar what are THOSE for?". I started her off on colostrum for the first 2 days of her life and she just looked really puzzled to see my boobs again. I'm sure all of you who are BF'ing are finding this amusing!!

MIL told me last night she's found the ultimate Birthday/Xmas gift for herself. A scrapbooking machine thing that cuts out shapes and words out of any material with a laser. It costs $500. I told her to check out E-bay for a cheaper version and that it costs wayyy too much for something that doesn't get you coffee in the morning. She then tried to justify it by saying her friends at patchwork are upgrading their sewing machines which cost $3000 each just because they wanted the latest model. I told her "I'd hate to be married to a high maintenance person and that would be a dumb thing to do 'cause those things depreciate in value". I asked her "what's wrong with your sewing machine?" and she said "nothing" so I said "no need to replace it then!". Gee some women have got it soooo good and they don't know how the other half live. I won't blab on about what my mum went through but my dad NEVER funded any of her hobbies!

Well girls I"ve dribbled long enough. Time for bed me thinks - still in gym clothes and I need to have another shower.

Take care and catch up with you all tomorrow.
    Neeny xoxo
    Okay then

Just quickly - Neeny, I did find that amusing cos Oscar knows exactly what my boobs are for - you should see his eyes light up when I'm getting dressed!! Such a boobie boy
    Been busy - DP away so I'm trying to tidy the house without his messy contributions!

Ali- hope your back is not so sore today, although after the physio it just might be. take it easy today. is your mum around to help you out today?

Yep well my big boy was half a year yesterday! he celebrated by spewing like a trooper!(i think he's the only baby his age that still needs to wear a bib almost all of the time, if we didnt he'd go through 5-6 outfits a day) my god i can't wait for the day he grows out of this spewing i swear. he had sweet potato the other day which he loved but then his spew was all orange!
    Bath- i forgot to take In-liven when i went to sydney, i was really angry @ first thinking my god i am going to feel crap every day, but surprisingly i didnt notice much difference. So seings it is pretty expensive if taking a lot all the time i decided i will just take it less often & only if i think i feel i need to. otherwise i get addicted to it but cannot really afford to buy it every week or two.
    another thing i have been meaning to ask you for a while now. What ever happened to your birth story? I remember at the time cause Kelly was there she was going to write something up? but we never got to read your birth story?!

ok busy day today, going to the gym then Nixon has his Paed appointment.

Morning Ladies
    Well yesterday was an interesting experience. I signed up last year to Mystery Shopping and I finally got my first assignment yesterday.I had to go and test drive a car, not any old car but a Chrysler 300C. Very s****y for someone like me who has always had cars like fords and Commodores and now drives a People Mover!
    It was like driving a TANK!!!!!
    Very luxurious though, however I lthink I'll stay with my run of the mill cars!
    Patrick has been fantastic lately, he has been laughing at everyone and then last night he laughed at the kids Principal during a meeting we had!
    I still can't get him to be completely comfortable in the pram though, he absolutely HATES it! I have tried changing from the 3 wheeler back to the 4 wheeler and still it doesn't work, I have to put him down while he's asleep and then quickly walk in, but usually have to carry him home cause he won't stop screaming!

Good morning... the wheels fell off last night: DH got home late and V & W started fighting and the house was a mess and I couldn't cook dinner because Niall was awake and wanting more feeds and then he ended up crying for nearly 2 hours!!! which was so unlike him! I thought of Dee all through it. DH had got his nights mixed up, he had told me the seminar was tonight... which is good actually because Niall is going to have his 4 month injections at 4pm this afternoon and no doubt he will be unsettled again tonight. Anyhow I really started feeling quite down last night... all of a sudden the weight of the world was squashing me: everything was such a humungeous effort. The feeling is still lingering this morning... I know I complain a lot about Wade and all the Melbourne Junies saw how placid he is but it's not that he throws many tantrums is just that I can't take my eyes off him without him wrecking something <-- is the main reason I find him hard... y'know he will wander past me and drag everything off the shelves/desk as he passes. Junies with just a baby: walk around your house on your knees and imagine everything within reach being broken or dropped on the floor or interfered with in some way... it's driving me nuts! Yes we raise as much as we can but you can't do that to everything; some days he takes to pushing stuff like chairs over... not in a tantrum... just because he feels like it.

Anyhow... raving now... Nic: Kelly wrote my birth story and gave me a hard copy... she asked whether I wanted a text and I said yes but we've both forgot about it. She is sooo busy that I hate to ask her but I will eventually.

Niall needs me...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    Ali - I put my neck out last weekend, I was told by the pharmacy that I could use Deep heat as it was not an anti-inflam. They have a little book which says what you can and can't use while BF. I actually found hot packs worked better anyway, but I used it twice. Hope your back gets better fast, I was there last week, it sucks.

Nenny - my sister told me when her boy was crawling, she would "flash" him her boobs and he would crawl as fast as he could to her - she said it was so funny to watch!!
    I told her to check out E-bay for a cheaper version and that it costs wayyy too much for something that doesn't get you coffee in the morning
    LOL

Jess - hello stranger! Patrick sounds like a real charachter - LOL at him with the Principal...Ally hates the pram too! i always end up carrying her, then pushing the pram with one hand and have the dog lead/dog with the other hand, and then of course both of them will do a poo! Life is such a juggleing act ...sometime I wonder how i will cope with two kids.. and you have six! don't know how you do it!

Nickers - yeah - happy 6 month Nixon - your spewing days are numbered.

edit:
    Baths, we posted the same time:
    sorry you feel down today....me too - sometimes life just sucks, we don't need an excuse...have to go as Ally is crying, but I hope you feel better soon honey - is their any sunshine in Melbourne today?
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; October 18th, 2006 at 09:03 AM.

Jess: Hiya, sorry I got interrupted... looking forward to hearing more about your Mystery Shopping! Sounds very interesting, often thought of giving it a go myself. Great to hear little Patrick's in good spirits

Neeny: Nah, not that tiny (8-10) I'm more of a 10-12 but I'm 170cm tall so I feel okay about my weight... though of course I would like to lose just half a stone more... mainly from my hips down but it doesn't work that way hey? It'll come off my shoulders and chest first. I really should get back into swimming, it's the best exercise for my body type. Hoping that taking fast Tract will further curb my sugar cravings... In-Liven has been great for that.

Uh oh... BRB again...

sitting here crying my eyes out - just ventured down to the shops with the two kids (after a bad start to the day with screaming kids and mum anyway) and while down there rang my mum to check how dad was doing (as he had his op and first radiation yesterday) - while on the phone Benjamin was pushing the stroller round and I was trying to stop him but every time he stopped he'd start back up again. anyway the last time I told him to stop he did but then put his foot straight up on the cross bar trying to stand on it and consequently pram went flying backwards onto him - luckily Samuel was strapped in so only slipped backwards up the stroller (didn't fly out like he would have had I not had him strapped in)- neither of them were hurt- both (in fact all of us) frightened out of their wits (and the screams that go with it) and now I feel like the worst mum in the world for not watching my kids properly. to top it off had an old man stand thoeir and have a go at me for being on the phone and not looking after my kids and how irresponsible was i.

Bath - i fully empathise - iam in the same mental place at the minute - i'm so sicki of saying don't and repeating myself all day/night and dealing with the consequences of toddler not listening. and why is it dhs have to go to work and leave you wih the screaming kid instead of resolving it before they go - i'm so sick of hearing "daddy help me!!!!" - you'd think i hit my kids if you didn't know me and know that i don't i just have a boy who cries for daddy every time he doesn't get his own way
    Last edited by jaspen; October 18th, 2006 at 10:43 AM.

typing single finger, left handed while feeding...oh jaspen i know i know... you need to be an octopuss to deal with toddlers and babies and life at the same time.... it's just not right that a mother on her own has to deal with so many demands day in day out.... i'm hoping that technology will come to the rescue and more mums document their trials so the isolation and 'silence' of the whole situation is opened up and shared. every day is a risk when you are in this situation because you just can't have eyes everywhere...and what do those old men know? stuff all! if the only time you could use your phone safely was when your kids were asleep then you'd never be able to use it 'cos that's when you should be sleeping yourself! i know the minute the phone rings in this house Wade is up to mischief... even if we had a cordless i'd still have to juggle a conversation with dealing with him... atm i am tolerating him touching the stereo touching the tv touching the school notices leaving the door open spreading books all over the lounge floor that i just tidied up and now he's in the fridge so i've really got to go...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

oh Jaspen, hugs to you honey. Your in a fragile place with your Dad illness right now (as any one would be), your poor kids can probably sense it and are mucking up as they don't know what else to do. they are probably not use to seeing you not 100% in control. You have done nothing wrong, no one can watch their kids 24/7. We all do our best each day.
    Screw that old man, I bet he NEVER had to manage 3 kids every day.

re: toddler not listening, on 9am (TV show) this morning they said that if you whisper it, they may listen? They also said you could write in and in two weeks they will deal with the most common problems like not listening to instructions and how to get your kids to do stuff... so it sounds like you and Bath's are not alone.

My girlfriend has a 3 yo, she tells her to "turn her listening ears on" her daughter then has to stop what she is doing, pretend to switch her ears (a physical response) then her Mum will tell her what to do.. maybe you could try this? It works a treat for them.

Me: nothing like retail therapy , i just bought a Zoo Pillow for breast feeding and a bath stand..the Zoo Pillow also works as a seat for Ally, I will post a picture for you on my site so you can see it...

BIG hugs to the Junies who need a nice big bed to curl up in and a supernanny to mind the kids for the day
    Don't have much time to post, unfortunately.
    ABA morning coffee was just lovely this morning - lovely old house in Ferny Creek that has secret rooms and old stairs and just old stuff!
    Bath - I hope you know I was joking when I said Wade was an angel and I didn't believe your stories about him! I know how kids and animals can make great liars out of us and that as cherubic as he looked on Friday, I know of too many 2-4 year olds who are Jekyll and Hyde-like to think that you are making up this behaviour!
    gotta go again...

There must be something in the air with these older kids, I swear, Kailen had his check up at the doctors at 11am so I thought that I would go to the shops first to pay some money on my layby then go to the docs. They weren't to bad at the shops but as soon as we got to the docs they were using loud voices and the magazines they were looking through had the ladies that had lost weight and were in bikini's and saying in their loudest voices that the ladies were SEXY, I don't mind them talking but this was a tad embarassing . So Bath and Jaspen I can totally relate to what you have both said and it does drive you insane. I've also been feeling quite low lately and just not quite right hopefully it will pass soon.

CeeCee that pillow looks so cute and Ally looks really comfy in it.

Nixon happy 6 mths for yesterday, what a big boy your getting now.

Jess had to have a laugh at Patrick screaming while your in with the principal.

Everyone else a big hello and hope that you and your bubs are doing well.

ETA IK that house sounds excellent, I love houses with hiden rooms wish I could've seen it.

hugs xoxo
    Last edited by AmandaJ; October 18th, 2006 at 01:29 PM.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

well, we just had our first fall - out of the new Zoo pillow and onto the hard wodden floors...i put Ally on the couch as we have a dog who is allowed inside - he knows not to touch the baby, but you know the saying "never leave a dog alone with a child". So she was sitting in her new pillow and must have managed to lean forward and "smack" rolled out of the pillow and onto the floor... She screamed and screamed, I put her on the boob and she was quiet within seconds (THANK GOODNESS FOR BOOBS!). But I just feel horrible. She is alseep now - poor little girl...the couch is pretty low to the ground, but I'm sure it still hurt a lot....

Amanda - sorry your feeling low too - must be something in the air, I feel so blah.... the house is a mess and I don't even care...

CeeCee you poor thing, it's funny how boobs can cure and pain in a bubby.

hugs xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Cee_Cee99 View Post
    ..must be something in the air, I feel so blah.... the house is a mess and I don't even care...
    This is me, precisely... the only thing I hope to achieve today is to get Niall immunised without too much distress and to prevent Wade from destroying something irreplacable! Anything else is a bonus!

CeeCee: Hey don't worry... it probably won't psychologically damage her too much either... Verity had a few falls seems none the worse for it. Wade is a scare bear but that's just his personality. I think Niall is going to be somewhere in between.

IK: Hey I know One day I'm going to invite you all 'round here to see Wade in his natural habitat and then you might gain some insight LOL I also Loooove old houses and old stuff in general... I am so NOT minimalist and "modern", much to verity's dismay (she is planning to own a very modern home as a direct reaction to me I think LOL)

ETA: I've just had the foulest lunch: a packet soup (sample) that Verity found in a magazine somewhere! LOL I think I've scraped the bottom of the barrel for "budget" lunches... meanwhile DH is still probably full from last night's catered function and looking forward to his next gourmet business lunch on his corporate card... pfft... Also i found out this morning that the people I spoke to at the races earn a minimum of $750,000 p.a and one woman who I thought was particularly down-to-earth (she's from Dunnydoo sp?) ie a nice old fashioned country girl like me (LOL) well her husband earns 1.2 mil p.a!!! OMG... very inspiring actually... success doesn't always mean you have to be a bast*rd.

well i hope my story can lighten a few of your days.
    I am feeling rather good at the moment, with all the rude, inconsiderate, self centred people that we seem to have to deal with, there are also some kind, considerate, helpful people out there too!
    I was crossing the road today (to go to paed appoint) at the crossing. I had bag on my right shoulder, carry bags on my left & Nixon in baby bjorn. as we crossed the road my keys fell out of my pocket. as soon as this happened i turned to bend down and 3
    seperate people all raced to help pick them up for me!!! I said "Thank you everyone" one lady said in a funny remark "It pays to have a baby" But i just finished crossing the rd with a smile on my face that so many strangers were willing to help.
    THEN later on the way home i stopped at the supermarket & i went to bend down to grab a box on floor another lady shopping stopped me & picked them up for me!
    4 strangers in one day were willing to help just because they can!
    Bath/Jaspen/Amanda- i can imagine it must get tough with toddlers not listening, i kinda like the idea that CeeCee said about turning her listening ears on! i hope you all feel a bit better & your kiddies give u a bit of a break.

Nixon's appoint went well. we are going to wean Nixon off Zantac. he'll still spew regardless being on it or not so hopefully the pain assoc with it has gone so we can get off zantac. I mentioned to him that he doesnt seem "flexible" like most babies. To which he agreed. he wasnt too concerned & said prems quiet often are tighter (reason behing it NFI) but maybe to rotate his legs etc and push them till they are tight then gently go a tad further. Cause he cannot get his feet in his mouth, or sit with his legs like a froggy. We dont go back for another 3 months (previously had been seing him every 2)

oh CeeCee i bet you do feel horrible, i am sure Ally is ok. i even felt bad yesterday i gave Nixon a toy to play with and he smacked himself in the head with it & started screaming! (It was my fault i gave it to him!) but as aweful as it is (those with other kids would know all about it) Kids do stuff & hurt themselves! god imagine when they all start walking we're gonna be on here posting how many times today they had a fall and hurt themselves..... eeesshhh

Sorry to hear that many are having a down day- my SIL calls these low bio rhythem days.
    I am not feeling much better really, my back is soooo sore I could happily just cry all day, but trying to make the best of it. DH has been an absolute legend, I really don't know what I would do without him sometimes- he has stepped up to the SAHM role really well today, and think that when I go back to work, he is going to be just fine at home with Tori- I have litterally spent the whole day sitting on the couch while he has done washing, done cleaning, played with the baby, made us both lunch.
    Anyway I had better go, been sitting in the same spot to long and it is time for some more panadol. All I can say is lets hope tomorrow is a better day for everyone.

Oh before I go- I just wanted to say Nic that I am glad that you were touched by the kindness of strangers today- I think it is sad that we have become a society shocked by the kindness of strangers and expecting of the rudeness/ judgement from them!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast