Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #15

Happy 4 months for Oscar for yesterday IK :P You need a stash like mine-the new nestle hot choc sachets... i always have some, the best things is DH doesnt like them, unlike the blocks of Turkish Delight i always try to hide for a bad day... Maybe pretend to be asleep when he gets home, then you wont have to face him :P

LOL I pretended to be asleep on that day I basically did nothing around the house...when V&W were fighting and I couldn't cook dinner... my DH always gets mighty peeved when there's no dinner plus that day the house looked like a bomb had gone off! So I recommend it (sleeping) and who knows you might even dose off if Oscar does and your DH will have to cook dinner! Just make sure he doesn't read this! My DH tends to read this thread to find out what I've been up to that day.

Made home made chips today... warmed the house up a bit... 17'C tomorrow in Melb. Oh and I loooove Turkish Delight too Simone! LOL

i can easily eat a whole block... no wonder im getting a muffin top now!!! Good to know im not the only crazy mum who does the "i've been sleeping all day" act. DH called before, and asked what i had been up to today... told him i was wayyyy too hung over to contemplate doing anything today. watched DVD's with the kids in our room. Anneliese just wanted to suck on my boobs all day, she doesnt realise that there's only so much in there!!

And i love this weather too... give me a cuppa, a roaring fire and a good book (and sleeping kids lol) and im happy

Pity about my washing though...
    Last edited by simone; October 20th, 2006 at 04:47 PM.

It's ok, he's peeved, but not too moody. I was getting to sleep when Oscar's eyes pinged open and he was hungry...so he was feeding when DP got back, doh!
    Oh, well. I'm gonna cut some roast pork up and stir fry it before heading off to meet my ABA friends for our monthly dinner - I'm just going to do dessert and coffee cos we had pizza last night and I ate out for lunch and we have to conserve some money around here!
    Still, I have to sort out my rego, licence and HCC thing on Monday somehow.
    Oscar has taken to yelling - really finding those vocal chords now!
    I think I'll have some hot chocky now...thanks for reminding me

I have been really angry for the past half hour but reading your posts has calmed me down greatly!!!!!!!!!!
    SIMONE,BATH All my kids wear nice clothes, I have a brand new 3 wheeler stroller, my eldest three go to the local catholic primary school and will go to a private school later in high school. However, we drive a Tarago and we live in a caravan in my aunts backyard. A lot of ppl think that I am a snob because I speak well. Get me in a crowd though and I go very shy, in fact I don't speak unless I am spoken to. We all know you Bath, and we know that appearances are just that, you have to get to know ppl to really know them!(babbling, ignore me if you want!)
    Simone Pat still fits comfortably in his 0000 clothes but if anyone buys him something then I ask them to buy 000.
    CeeCee I have been comp feeding him since he left the hospital and I am proud to say that I am still breast feeding Patrick overnight!
    BathAs for the neighbours from hell, well it doesn't look like they will be moving anytime soon, they are just starting to build the new house on the block where we used to live.
    Now, to what annoyed me so much earlier! I went into the real estate agent to do my usual check of rentals, when they told me that "they will be telling their vendors about the past houses we have been in and what condition they were kept in!" so in other words they will never be renting a house to us!
    I explained to them about everything and how the last place was beyond our control as it was infested with white ants and they said they don't care about that, it was because we let the kids play with their toys in the front yard and it looked unsightly! As I said to them, I don't believe in bringing my children up in a Strait jacket household and that children should grow up thinking that they can play outside and not sit inside all the time.

Just a super quick one before i start my jobs for the morning- Tori did her first roll over this morning.......woohoo, she has been on the verge of it for weeks, and she finally managed to get ove this morning.

Woke up on the right side of the bed today
    DP's gonna get his mum's car for us for the weekend.
    Congrats, Tori, on your roll! Fun, huh?
    Met up with some ABA girls last night and had a lovely dessert, so the day didn't end and awfully as it started.
    Swimming today! I kept dreaming that I was waking up after the class had started!
    Hope everyone is having a decent Saturday...

hi all,
    congrats Tori for rolling clever girl!
    i cant beleive how cold it is! it's 9 degrees at the moment..... the bride is probably stressing right now, who would have thought late Oct it would be so chilly. anyway its 2hrs from melb so hoping nicer weather there.
    me & mum have been to the hairdressers thismorning, as we were walking out it was poring! i stole mums jacket and raced for the car with it over my head so i could then go pick her up! (we didnt wanna wreck our new do's!)
    we get comments about how "rich" we must be because we live in a new house have a nice car. actually i hate how people just think we must be loaded. DH works dam hard at his job to earn a good wage. its also not like we just paid cash for the house either we are working very hard @ paying it off!
    anyway time to feed Nix then head off
    c yah

Congrats Tori, your becoming a big girl now, Ali you'll have to keep an eye on her now hehe.

Well my mum and dad were suppose to be here this morning and it's now lunch time and still no show yet, it gets annoying after a while just waiting around and they run late without ringing to let you know grrr, but their my parents so will just potter around the house for a while longer and then give them a ring to see where they are. Better go and finish folding the clothes while I have some peace and quite, Kailen and Lochie outside playing and Wyatt's with DH out and about and Cody just finished a feed and is asleep in his cot so will go for now.

hugs xoxo

Well our modem died yesterday at 4.30pm. DH has just installed a newie, phew!

Amanda: Hope your parents arrived safely.
    Nic: Let us know how the wedding goes... it's been ages since i've been to one.. wish somebody would get married.
    IK: good to hear your day improved and that your DP wasn't too irrate.
    Ali: WooHoo Tori! Niall hasn't rolled over YET... I think he must be the last Junior Junie to do it...
    Jess: That's weird about the R.E agent not liking your kid's toys out the front... you'd think there would be bigger issues for them to be concerned about... our owners don't mind if our kids dig whopping great holes in the backyard... because I lovingly care for the front rose hedge... it's got to be give-and-take with rental houses. Still I pray every day that we will end up buying this place so we do look after it as if it's our own.

At a bit of a loose end... Wade is occupied with his Duplo train set that he only has access to on the weekends... DH is on his lap-top in our bedroom with Niall on his lap... hmmm... could do some baking, would warm up the house... what should I cook? Who bakes their own Christmas cake? For those who do who makes it a few months before Christmas so that it matures nicely (with regular application of rum?) We're staying home this Christmas and so I'm going to plan the usual 1950's style affair. I'm really looking forward to this Christmas... our family is the youngest it will ever be as a complete little unit...

Uh oh... Wade's just found a Chuppa Chupp that Verity had obviously stashed away secretly. She is currently at a friends place. How on earth am i going to get it off him without all hell breaking loose? *grooooan*

ETA: He handed it over to DH no questions asked! Good boy! Now I've stashed it secretly in the little used teapot on the kitchen mantle piece... hehe... let's see what transpires... Verity can't very well ask me where it is because she wasn't meant to have it in the first place! She won't get any sense out of Wade if she asks him! She might confess and say that she had one but has lost it... I suspect she acquired it when I asked her to go down to the shops recently (using my change) ... anyhow it'll be a handy bargaining tool...

Evil Bath, but I like it a lot!
    Yeah, last wedding I was at was late May, the next one is scheduled for April (B&SIL finally making good their 10 year engagement...). Who knows, we might actually organise something for NZ...like we were apparently supposed to last year...
    Baby Swim was good, even though I was a bit late cos DP got MIL's car and...it didn't have the right bolt for the anchor point! Anyway, it was quite good and we even did a submersion (I'm jumping into the term a bit late), which was fun. Got back, started unpacking and the boy fell asleep in the shoulder sling. I put him down in the bassinette (sling and all) and he slept for about 3 hours! I showered and blow dried my hair, found my rego slip (gonna try to swing the concession payment at the LPO Mon morning), brought some washing in, had lunch...then he woke up, just as I was about to wash his nappies. Done it now, anyway. Ouch! long nails on boy, keeps scratching me.
    Better try to get him to sleep so I can cut his nails.
    Don't know what to wear tonight to a party in Brunswick...pub courtyard, might even have a beer!

Another point that they bought up about the houses was that when I left my housing commission house 3 yrs ago, there was an issue about the state of the paintwork in the house. When I moved into the house in 1999, the house had not been painted before hand, when I mentioned it to them they said they only had to paint it if it was in bad condition(which I actually thought it was!), anyway after DH and I were married in 2002, I asked the Department if we could get a Contractor in to paint the inside of the house because the paintwork was a bit worn, and they said no. We stuck it out until my uncle's house came up and then we gave a months notice and cleaned it up. About 2 months later we get a letter saying that "due to the state of the house we have to go to court"
    I went to court and got told the house was a disgrace and that I had to pay for repairs! The judge asked the ministry when the house was last painted and they said in 1990....so I got let off that.
    When I was in the real estate agents, they bought up the fact that their "friend" was the contractor that re painted the house and he said the paintwork was a disgrace. As I stated to them, according to the privacy act, all contractors are required to sign a contract of confidentiality. So they weren't allowed to mention anything about that to prospective vendors. (I'm sorry that I have waffled on, but it really upset me, the way he thought he was better than me and that I was just a lowly female!)

On the baby front, Patrick hasn't started rolling yet but he has started to put things in his mouth! He is asleep in his pram atm, Bella is yelling at me, the other four are watching "Barbie and the 12 dancing princesses" for the hundredth time and DH is bringing my Aunts car into the back yard! We are having a slow night tonight, it's "reward" night for the four eldest so they are having dinner in the house.We will probably end up having spaghetti or mince on toast!

LOL Verity got home from her friend's house...watched a bit of YouTube on the 'pute with DH then wandered into her room... 2 minutes later she wanders back out and asks casually: "Mum, did Wade go into my room when I was out?" DH and I both responded that yes, he might have gone in there briefly... "why?"... She ponders this for a second then mumbles "Oh, there was something near by bed... I can't find it that's all..." then she goes back into her room. PML but I almost feel a bit sorry for her.... at bed time she raised it again with DH who said something like "Oh, yeah Wade did find something... but we confiscated it". Awwwww now I really feel bad because I heard her reaction... it was just: "what? what was it???"

I also spent nearly 2 hours making a huge vegetarian lasagne that should provide at least 3-4 meals.

Hey Jess... we used a roll of film taking photos of this place immediately when we first moved in as we filled out the condition report. I took photos of the inside of the oven (not very well cleaned), the burns on the carpet near the open fire place, the worst part of the weedy garden, several sick plants that I thought wouldn't make it through the summer.... stuff like that. We got double prints and included some with the condition report. Since then we've discovered that the owners are great but it's always good to have those piccys as an insurance policy... they would stand up in court as they are date stamped too.

Niall unsettled even though I've just given him a feed... better go help out...

Thanks Bath, I'll remember that info for when we ever get a house!!!

Hi all, spent the day at the Pregnancy, Babies and Childrens Expo. As my step dad says - so many ways to screw money out of people!!! It seems if you don't have the right BF top you will die of embarasment every time you feed, if you don't have the right bed and ruffles your baby won't sleep well, if you don't have the right toys your baby will be bored and if you don't have the right developmental aid/educational DVD/teach your baby to read/paint/sculpt/do brain surgery interactive whosewhatsit your baby will be stupid!! I felt like running up the the pg women there and say "YOU DON'T NEED THAT!!!" On the positive side, there was the bellybelly stand, the BF Association (or "Nipple Nazis" as I affectionately call them), the swimschool people and cheap baby wipes and cotton buds.

Just PML - showed DH the Robeez website - he sad they look like something a kid made for a school fete and look crap! I told him he has no taste

On the photos of house when moving in, Bath, as you know I am a commercial leasing lawyer and I ALWAYS advise my clients, landlords or tenants, to take photos of place when they move in. A nice trick (if you have a digital camera) is to burn two CDs and keep one and give the other to the agent and sign a bit of paper to say you have done this.

gottago - shower time......

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Benn mia a lot lately but we are having a lot of trouble and fighting between families atm. Sounds like everyones doing well from what i can see.
    Well it's been 10 weeks and no period but all hormone levels are normal...so hear we go i am obviously going to have such a hard time with AF now which equalls hard to fall pregnant.
    Tarleha is....wait for it.....
    CRAWLING!!!!
    Its scary trying to child proof everything atm she is such an inqusitive kid and wants to get into everything.
    gtg and rescue this child from the stairs.

Hey Junies
    how are all my "net friends " today ??
    We weighed our little sausage today and she weighs 7kg and is 66cm !!... and now i have muscles on my arms bigger than popeye ( from carrying her around )
    OMG it was 22 here last night... sooo hot ... we went to toys-r-us to buy Aneta a floating thing for babies so we can take her to the beach when its hot, but they were all sold out so we ended up spending over $100 on toys and cool things for babies.. heh im a sucker for that place

KLR - crawling !?!? no way , send me a pic coz i cant believe it

Geeze little Tee is certainly leaving her Newborn status behind... speaking of photos: are you taking lots of Tee? I took my first digital video of Niall the other day... he just sat in his high chair examining his hands with the utmost fascination... then as I zoomed in closer he gave me a gummy smile That would be an amazing video seeing a tiny 0000 sized baby crawling!

Oh and Rory: we had a group of local residents door knocking today petitioning against a developer removing 4 blocks of trees in East Ivanhoe to build a retirement village... I think I heard that the developer is a QC and with VCAT... bit of a conflict of interests wouldn't you say! Everyone in our street had signed against him! LOL We also have Bruno Grollo up the street wanting to develop the highest point here in Eaglemont but I think the locals put a stop to that... only mentioning it because I'm so keen for this area to remain frozen in time... probably kidding myself if I think that's possible.

Well nighty night everyone... MIGHT go into the Expo at Jeff's Shed tomorrow too... if I get a good night's sleep....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast