Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #15

Default Babies Born June 2006 #15

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

Name: Amanda3
    State: QLD
    DOB: 2.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 4oz (3310g), Length - 53cm, Head - 34cm
    Babyname: Cody Lincoln
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Feeds and sleeps like a trooper

Forum Name: Sara
    Baby's DOB: 5 June 2006
    Baby's Stats: 8pound 3ounces, 51cm, 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Briley Jean Harvey
    Notes: WE LOVE HER!!!!

Name: Jaspen
    State: NSW
    DOB: 06/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 8lb (3638g); Length – 53cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Samuel Ashton
    Health concerns: none thankfully
    Notes: such a little guts (200g weight increase in 3 days) !!!!

Name: Gabysmum
    State: WA
    DOB: 07/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 9lbs 12 ozs Length: 58 cm Head: 36 cm
    Baby name: Alexander Ivan aka Alex
    Notes: Big boy adored by older sister.

Name:Neeny
    DOB: 8.6.06
    Stats: Weight - (3140g – about 6 pounds), Length – 52cm , Head – 34.5cm
    Babyname: Aleise Irene
    Notes: sleeps too much and doesn’t eat enough in one sitting!

Name: simone
    State: VIC
    DOB: 9th June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 3lb 11oz (1680g) Length - 30cm, Head - 28cm
    Babyname: Anneliese Bethany
    Health Concerns: None... fingers crossed
    Notes: Born prem, due to infection in my uterus... APGARS of 8&9, breathed
    on her own; suffered from jaundice for 2 weeks after birth, came home at 27
    days old. Readmitted 3 weeks later to the Childrens with bronchiolitis and
    apnoea, admitted to ICU. then developed pneumonia. Spent 2 week in hospital.
    Is finally home, where she belongs...
    __________________________________________________ __

Name: *Jo*
    DOB: 09/06/06
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz (4020g), Length - 50.5cm, Head - 35.5cm
    Babyname: Freya Jean
    Notes: Repeat elective c/s @ 38wks

Name: littlerigger
    State:
    ACT
    DOB: 11/06/06
    Stats: Weight -8lb 3oz, Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname:
    Ryan Vaughn
    Notes: farts & burps like daddy!

Name: Roryrory
    State: Vic
    DOB: 11.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 3905 ( 8lb 9oz), Length - 52cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Flynn
    Health Concerns: Nil

Name: enigma
    DOB: 13.06.2006
    Stats: Weight 3220 grams Length - 50cm, Head Circ.- 36cm
    Babyname: Aneta Klaudia

Notes: Has my double chin and chubby cheeks

Name: Bathsheba
    State: Vic
    DOB: 13/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 9lb 0oz (4080g); Length – 52cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Niall Atticus
    Health concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 38wks due to Cholestasis of pregnancy. Birth attended by Kelly Zantey.

Name: Dee78 (donna)
    DOB:14.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3310g), Length - 51cm Head - 36cm
    Baby's name: Lachlan Roy
    Health concerns:
    Notes: very unsettled, doesnt like to sleep anywhere but mum or dads chest!!

Name: Nickel
    DOB: 16/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 6lb 6oz (2.9g); Length – 42cm; Head – big enough thanx!
    Babyname: Ruby Jago
    Health concerns: only after birth, but we're good now.
    Notes: Breastfeeding actually works this time.

Name: IK
    State: VIC
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight 3.47kg, Length 47cms, Head Circ 34cms
    Sex: Male
    Babyname: Oscar William
    Notes: HypnoBirth&Waterbirth, relaxed baby so far, waking to feed and
    sleeping when not feeding! Co-sleeping and exclusively breastfeeding.

Name: Our 7th Heaven
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 7lb 9oz (3.44kg); Length – 55cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname:Nathan Xavier
    Health concerns: No all's well here
    Notes: He's a natural booby boy and a right little guts.

Name: #karen#
    DOB: 22.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 14oz (3580g), Length - 50.5cm Head - 34.5cm
    Babyname: Nathan John
    Health concerns: Talipes
    Notes: So far, so good - feeds and sleeps well

Name: Ali25
    DOB: 23rd June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 2 Oz (3700g), Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Tori Rose
    Notes: BFing well and starting to settle nicely

Name: *Kristee-Lea*
    DOB: 29/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 6 pound 10, Length: 46cm, Head Circumference: 34cm
    Babyname: Tarleha Maye
    Health Concerns: Reflux, colic, loosing lots of weight quickly.
    Notes: Emergency Ceaser 3 days overdue because she had swallowed meconiam.
    Can out-fart or out-burp any man!!! WE LOVE HER!!!!!

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found HERE

I'm first! I'm first!

Just lost a huge post, but Cody's wanting his boobie juice now so will have to post later.

hugs xoxo

Iwrote a huge post and went to post it and it wouldnt let me

oh well, here it is now...

Good luck making your bed bath, most days i just chuck the doona over, even though we have athe nice pillows to go on top (about 20 of them!!) Almost shopping day here, so not much in the house, just making the boys hash browns for breakfast... also gets Xander off my back, driving DH to work this morning i went a new way, past a McD's and he wouldnt stop asking for it... I feel abit worse for wear, so my house cleaning will either be pushed back until this arvo or tomorrow morning. Anneliese is in her cot in her room now, the boys are in my room on the bed with me watching dukes of hazzard (the new version of the movie) while im on the laptop. Its so nice, declan's snuggling me, which is something he doesnt do much anymore... i think he's teething again, he's only got 5 of the suckers. I wish they would all hurry up and come out-xander has every single tooth by 18m!!

last night Anneliese started pulling herself up (just her head and shoulders) but its great as she only just got control over her head and neck!

be back soon, the boys are hungry and whingy

just posting in here so i get the notifications.
    Bath i meant to say earlier that is very kind of you to offer to look after nixon if i got stuck.
    Simone- next melb meet up we wanna hear u belt out a few notes!! good luck i hope u win $3000 thats awesome
    Junies always did chat a lot, i chat in the April thread & i think we up to the 8th new thread, June is doubled that!!

ok gotta take my dog to have her stitches out finally. but have to take everyone (Nixon & the other dog so he is not left out)

Morning all,
    Well I am soooooooo pleased to report that my back is almost 100%. I think having a sore back is the worst thing, you feel so helpless because there is so little you can do, I was really sad that I couldnt even pick Tori up. I have to say that DH really stepped up to the plate though which was a great help.
    Got so many things to do before we go away next friday that i dont actualley know how I am going to fit it all in- I guess we really will be ready for our holiday by the time it arrives.
    Taking Tori to have some proffessional photos done today for the Bonne Babes Pride of the Nation book, I am really looking forward to it- hopefully they get some nice shots that we can buy to.
    Swimming Lessons We are going to start these at the beginning of next year, I think that DH will do them with Tori on one of the days that he is home with her.

Mothers Group We only started off with 5 Mum's going to mothers group, and by the end there was only 3 of us. We still keep in contact but dont have a regular catch up or anything. I found the information in the talks she gave to be stuff that I already knew, so not helpful, but it was nice chatting to the other mum's about stuff our babies did that was the same etc.

Anyway I had better go, I need to have a shower and get dressed before miss Tori wakes up again (still cant break the 45 min nap barrier)

Good one on the karaoke, Simone! I won a mountain bike in an Irish Uni bar karaoke years ago and the students there were bleeding...cos I wasn't a student! I would feel like a bit of a cheat if I did one now. I'm not a professional (although I do sing for money...even if it is a nominal fee!), but I am no stranger to live performances or recording, so I'd feel like a cheat, but if it's for $3000 I'm IN! How did you go with your audition? You gigging yet?
    Oscar is fighting sleep - doesn't seem to be hungry, so must be sleepy. He slept for about 5 and a half hours last night...a rarity! The thing is that I couldn't remember if I'd fed in between or not, but upon harder consideration I decided that I hadn't and that he slept from before midnight till just before 5.30. That's his version of sleeping through! So, he may as well have woken, cos my sleep felt the same!
    Baby Swim classes are more than just getting the baby used to water, the babies actually practice their skills (we're not teaching them, they already have most of them from the womb!) with their parents in the water - flotation, submersion, exercise. Something I learned from elsewhere was that babies who are not taken into water to swim before the age of 2 (I think that was the age) take a lot longer to learn to swim and have more chance of experiencing anxiety in the water and/or take longer to learn to swim properly. My dad used to take me to the beach from birth, pretty much (we lived a short walk away and I was a summer baby...a hot summer!) and rivers, as well. I remember wanting to be in the deep end from a really young age, where other kids were not to be seen cos they were not allowed. My dad didn't know any of the theory, but he was using it! There are also studies in Europe (Germany, actually) that demonstrate that babies taught to swim show better intellectual, as well as physical, development than their non-swimming counterparts. Something to do with the confidence that comfortable movement in water depths provide. That's why the baby bath isn't enough and why the family bath is recommended for use for each bath. Regardless, we intend to be around water a lot (rivers, beaches, dams, pools) because we normally are anyway, and being supremely comfortable in water will help prevent drowning (well, drowning occurs during a panic about being in the water, if you look at how drownings occur - the panic sends crazy messages to the limbs that then help keep the body under water!)...and the babies look SO CUTE in the classes! These are all the reasons I have decided that it's a necessary expense, even though I'm also due for my riding club membership fees and I'm a bit overdue for my rego fees and my agistment is due! Ouch!
    Speaking of which, I'm going to sort out those bills right now...

Ok here we go again, I'm feeling heaps better today, I was lurking yesterday as I still wasn't feeling quite right, but today I feel great. The last two nights Cody has had a feed at 8:30pm and slept thru til 6am, I think this has something to do with me feeling better. Tomrrow is my brothers birthday and the anniversary of my nanna's death, so it's a bit of a bittersweet day for all, but we're all going out to dinner to celebrate. Will have to get Cody's needles done next week as well as Lockie's 4yr needles so will be a fun day. I weighted Cody at the chemist last night and he is just a tad over 6kgs.

Nic have fun at the wedding.

Ali glad to hear that your starting to feel better now.

Simone woo hoo for you, good luck for the finals, hope you win the cash, then you can have a small splurge.

Swim classes only Kailen's had swim classes, but all our boys love the water so we've had no problems with any of them and water. We are always around water in summer, I think that Wyatt was the biggest water baby so far, I think its because he's a water sign, but that's just me.

hugs xoxo
    Last edited by AmandaJ; October 20th, 2006 at 11:17 AM.

IK, im not gigging, got a call back for this week, and i heard from the drummer that the other chick only got the call back as well as she a friend of the guitarist so they're keeping him happy... ill sing 6 songs at their next rehearsal, and i'll hear back from them soon after, i hope Then some rehearsing to get some songs together, and we're out there! We'll have cheap rates just for BB members for parties, receptions anything... lol

The kareoke was fun, it is the same comp i was in the night i broke waters, i told them they owe me the money! Last time they had $1000 up for grabs, i only got third in my heat and i only got to the semi's. So this must be my time, i'm gonna win it all!!!

Oooh chatty lot today! Quite cool and overcast here... Wade and I have been watching the Polar Express on DVD... his eyes have been popping out of his head! LOL Melbourne Junies will know how keen he is on trains... oh and also learnt recently that he is about to inherit a huge set of Thomas (Brilo) trains (the set he was playing with at myer the other day... from my sister. She is giving it to us despite having 2 little girls under 3 - her eldest boy has outgrown it... I guess she figures it's a "boy's toy"... she is one for gender roles/clothing/etc. I'm not so black and white on the issue (we actually bought the first Duplo train kit for Verity when she was Wade's age and have added on to it) and I also don't freak out if Wade plays with verity's dolls... some parents still do though... bit odd bit that's just my thoughts on the matter.

Socio-economic differences between mummies: Rory: yeah, there are a few elitist mums here in Eagelmont but they are the minority... most of the mums in our street are great, very down to earth and share my values so we get along great. I go to the Ivanhoe PlayGroup sessions and there are a few mummies from "rougher" suburbs like West Heidelberg who are a bit shy so I try to draw them into the conversation (you know me, I can't resist LOL) but when they find out Verity goes to a private school (I never tell them unless they ask and I actually mumble it and try to change the conversation) they really back off and I can almost tell they are assuming i am a stuck-up toff. They also take one look at my pram and I can tell they are thinking "sure, nice if you can afford it!" I desperately try to justify it by saying something like "yeah, I need this tank because I don't drive...." anyhow I am accutely aware of how some mums can feel awkward and defensive about their life choices and it really makes me sad. There are lovely and difficult people on both sides of the fence and we are ALL experiencing the same difficulties with our babies and children... it's just crazy to let perceptions of lifestyle get in the way... I never judge a person by where they live because you just never know what their story is (hence my story of the millionaire from Dunnedoo!) and as my DH's family were desperately poor I know that people from the most disadvantaged suburbs/townships are totally lovely and genuine too. So it's my aim to teach my children to be comfortable with ALL socio-economic/racial/religious groups... I think that's the ultimate indicator of maturity. I know this might not gel with what I said about paying anything to live in a "swish" suburb... but at least posh pr!cks keep to themselves (generally, not always!), poor pr!cks generally take it out on their neighbours... sorry if I'm being shallow... these are just my thoughts... I'm not necessarily right!

Ok... going to watch the second DVD of the Polar Express!

i'm having a very rare off day. poor oscar seems to be picking up on my distress, too but he is finally dropping off in the HAB and i dare not take my arm from under his head (it's also holding the phone while i'm on hold. i can't find my rego slip (suffered from dp's last clean up) and they reckon i need to go in person to claim my concession rate...only it's one day overdue and i can't legally drive to vicroads to show my card!! cant ask my dad to drive cos he has a ute. i'm cursing. health care card renewal form due as well - i don't know details of dp shares and investments so i have to wait for him - i hate this. at least i've paid my club fees!
    oscar asleep now, got to get to doctor by 1.
    i'm a little on edge right now and i'm not used to it so it's making it seem worse again...

Hey IK, just chill...do what i do, and just have one day of ignoring everything thats not essential. I had to do the bill ring around the other day, ($2000 worth of bills waiting for me when i got back form Perth, needed to make payment plans for them all as most were our utilities) and the next day i just relaxed, did no washing (do it every 2-3 days) minimal housework, just let everything just be. After all that stress of trying to make your money work, its nice to chill and enjoy the simple things (Like playing MegaBloks with the kids and making Anneliese giggle)

Bath, people seem to think we're made of money-the kids are alwasy in nice clothes, our house is full of new furniture we have a nice car (not new, but a 93 camry is nothing to scoff at!) Looking at our life, you wouldnt know we are borrowing money to put food on the table. My parents live in a great suburb in a big house (worth 3/4 mil, but only $100,000) mortgage, my 4 siblings all go to a private school... But my parents worked hard for 25 years to get in the position they are now. I know im babbling but i guess what im trying to say is people shouldnt judge you on your possessions, just because you have an expensive pram and Verity goes to a private school doesnt mean your a rich snob, it means you work hard and dont fritter your money away. OK im babbling, i dont think im even making sense anymore so i'll leave the soapbox to someone else

Ooooh it's raining! it's sooo good to see it! The lawns here have almost died off and i hate using drinking water to water the gardens... sorry to all the hot weather lovers but I just Love days like this!

IK ((hugs)) I agree %100 with Simone... just relinquish control for a little while. I know it's frustrating when you can't deal with issues like bills but it'll all be ok until Monday? I don't do our internet banking because DH only knows how to use the system and I just haven't got around to learning or writing down the incredibly long password numbers (he knows this 12 digit password, all numbers, off the top of his head.... infact he knows about 10 long numerical passwords... God knows how he does it... i'm numerically dyslexic!) And I doscovered 4 days late that our rent hadn't been paid! Grrrr I guess I only have myself to blame.... anyhow... listen to Simone... she's on the money (excuse the pun) I had a day like that earlier in the week... Tuesday I think it was .... did me the world of good

Oh and thanks about understanding my soapbox moment Simone I've been worried that I've opened a can of worms in here.... I know we don't shy away from touchy issues in here but that's a very sensistive one indeed! One that has often gotten me into trouble as people often seem to miss my point and think I'm just a hoity toit trying to justify my life. Anyhow... I shouldn't worry about what people think so much... but i just don't want to offend my Junies.

another express post - we have a roll !!! ( no, not another fat roll on me ) BUT Aneta rolled last night from tummy to back woohoo... ok time for a walk , have a good weekend everyone

You would never offend us Bath Each of us has our own opinions and ways anyway, noone should take offence (unless soemthing is said to offend someone!)

Im still in bed, cant seem to shake this hangover... Normally i skull 1L of water and have 2 panadol before i go to bed, but i think i was pretty out of it when i got home last night... Im an idiot. I wasnt even going to drink, but the manager bought me drinks as the bar was the place where my waters broke everywhere, and my labour started and they called the ambulance.

Its raining here too bath, only very lightly. There goes my washing... My grass only has a few dead patches, i cart the bath water outside when we're finished with it (by buckets!) and throw it over the lawn. Hard task, but if it means we have nice green lawn, i dont care. I only do it out the back, so the kids have a nice soft lawn to play on. I cant use the laundry water, as dynamo has phospherous in it. i use that to flush the toilets

ETA enigma, you posted while i did lol Woohoo on aneta for rolling! These bubba are all getting too big, too fast. next will be teeth and crawling, then first bdays and walking... then it all over, they arent babies anymore (then all we'll talk about is how clucky we are lol)
    Last edited by simone; October 20th, 2006 at 01:43 PM.

Before I go further - IK, you can legally put Oscar in a car/seat capsule in a ute - check out the VicRoads website.

Bath, I am with Simone - you wouldn't offend us - we know you
    Anyways - I don't see how anything you said could be taken as offensive. IKWYM about appearances - I used to really shy off telling people I am a lawyer cause they think we are all rich snobs but in reality most lawyers aren't. The great majority are slugging away in the country and 'burbs, trying to run a business and employ people. And IKWYM about the Emmaljunga - I justify it by saying its a handmedown and mocking it's price tag (but in reality if I had to choose a pram for myself I couldn't go past it!)

I have been so virtuous today - I have ACTUALLY DONE MY "WORK" WORK! Only 6 hours to do over the weekend and I have officially caught up. It has been so sucky these past few weeks knowing I have had this "work debt" hanging over me - everything I have done lately has been procrastination to avoid it, which meant that even when I was doing something "useful" like cleaning or washing it felt wrong and like I was being slack. So much negative energy is consumed by procrastination it is amazing!!

must go and keep up the good work - I have a new lease to read and I think I'll sit down in the lounge with a cuppa and go over it before the Boy wakes up.

Uh-oh, just when I thought today was panning out to be ok I get a call from DP who's at VicRoads to try to pay my rego, armed with a very detailed authorisation letter. Apparently because my middle name appears unaccompanied by my first name on my licence and rego, they won't accept the payment at the concession rate. He's gone all the way to Burwood for nothing. He's not happy. I don't want to be home when he gets back cos I'm going to get a lecture about making my name uniform across the board and also about keeping on top of my bills. Now we have to borrow his mum's car cos it has anchor points and is, well, registered. It's odd, cos I've obviously not had a problem before with paying my rego and the concession rate with my full name appearing on my health care card. Sometimes they just get into hardarse mode. Maybe it's a Friday thing. DP's gonna be mad and I want to lay low. I thought I'd destressed by going in for a hot soup and chai at my favourite cafe in Upwey on the way back from the doctors (I walked there, in the rain - but with a brolly).
    At least Oscar took his shots very well. He cried less than the first time and it was bearable. Whipped out the boob and he was ok.
    Car's unregistered so I can't even drive somewhere to be somewhere else when DP gets back! I just can't take his frown today. I was unwound and now I'm winding up again!
    I so can't wait for the baby swim class tomorrow - Oscar and I will both relax. Was going to ask DP to come with me but if I do that in the next few hours he'll get very moody indeed. Well now that important stuff has been done, or not done as the case may be, I might take to the bed with Oscar. I feel defeated for today. At least this hardly ever happens to me. Wish DP could see it that way. Sorry for the vent. I feel very hard done by, woe is me, me me me me me! Nah, Just feeling sorry for myself, but thanks for your words, Bath and Simone
    ETA: thanks, Rory, I WILL check that out! My dad will be very chuffed!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast