Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #15

yeah i've seen rugrats mentioned on here before and everyone seems to like it... only issue is with me not driving Epping is a bit tricky...

He cant do the same thing to me, his pay comes into my account i dole out his play money. He's really bad with money, and im really careful. I told him when declan's immunisation bonus came in i wanted to buy some cloth nappy stuff, he doesnt need to know that hasnt com in yet (when that comes, ill pay off the kids chrissy layby's.) it was a bonus.

It it better to buy the already fitted nappies, or buy tery's/flannelette one and fold them yourself?

I didnt realise you dont drive... Maybe we could do it on a weekend, make the dh's play with the kids, and we can relax...

I'd recommend buying flat ones you fold yourself; much cheaper and you will get more wear out of them as they don't grow out of them... fitted ones are like sposies... you have to keep buying the next size up... and I find that they aren't as absorbant... but that's just the brands I've used.

thats what i thought in the nappies thread atm, looking around...

so how do you clean your? Do you use nappy liners that you can throw out, nappy buckets? theres so much to think about...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Simone, here is my suggestion to what to but

12x white nappies ($25) at K-mart
    1x snappy ($5)
    1 x 3 packet PVC covers ($3)
    1 x nappy bucket with lid ($15)
    1 x nappy san ($10)

This is what I started with... After about a week, I realised I needed more nappies, I now have 24. I also found some money so I bought better quality covers (fluffies - $5 each) and then some super cute ones from the internet ($18 each). But not necessary.

re: DH, I think you should tell him about the money and give him half, let him spend his half on something for the family, and you can go spend your half on nappies and something nice for the boys as well.

Baths - pins! wow - you go girl.

Hi Girls...

Had a good nights sleep lastnight. Briley slept from 7.30pm till 4.30am. Then into our bed at about 5am where we all slept till 8.30am.

Just wondering...Simone, I saw you mention the immunisation bonus earlier. I have seen that before but i was wondering what it is and when do you get it? What makes you eligible too??

Nothing much on the agenda today. Might bum round the house, do a bit of ironing and then bum round a bit more. In between all that i have to cook Brent(dp) a nice roast pork to take to work tonight!! Better get up and pre-heat the oven now i suppose!

Whats everyone else's plans today?

you don't even really need napisan if you use a good quality laundry powder... i use Drive or omo and they work perfectly and i'm very fussy. You could also do without the bucket... i use a plastic bin to dry pail them (2 days max) then soak them overnight in the machine.

Just closing this thread now.

The new thread can be found HERE.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Simone -
    I'm new to all this but her is what i do:
    each 2nd day: empty Ally's bath water into nappy bucket with a lid of nappy san
    put dirty nappies in bucket - when full - or after 2 days I empty nappy bucket into washing machine and wash with washing powder.

things to consider:
    the nappy bucket is a SAFTEY hazard for little kids, you will need to remember to ALWAYS put the lid on.
    the nappy bucket is heavy. I keep mine in the bath tub so I just tip it over to get the water out before I carry it to the washing machine, I have hurt my back carrying it before.
    Cloth nappies need to be changed more often than disposables. So that in itself is extra work. With Ally she can keep a disposable on for a few hours no probs, but with cloth, I need to change after an hour or two at the most.

So it is not just the extra time in washing, but also in changing... that said, i still love using cloths, esp. as Ally still does about 5 poos a day!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789