Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #17

Good morning Junies... just checking in to make sure we're all ok *looking over at IK* LOL and Simone! Sounds as if it you had the classic races experience! Neeny: good to see you again, glad everything's going well work-wise... Happy 5 months Aleise! Mel: a really inspiring book I read earlier in the year: French Women Don't Get Fat gave me heaps of ideas about eating well but still having regular pieces of good quality chocolate (my weakness too) I highly recommend it.

Ok... got ANOTHER birthday party to get ready for (10.30am) today... a PlayGroup friend of Wade's... she just lives around the corner so that'll be easy... better hop to it! No doubt I'll see you all in afterwards!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all
    have breifly read posts - sorry your having a tough time IK, but it does not sound unrepairable, and I'm sure you will both come out the other end with a better understanding of each other. HUGS to you.

Simone - glad you had a nice day - tried to see you on the TV! LOL

I'm meeting up with Dee78 (Donna) today, can't wait.

My stupid building drama is still going on - the apartment where I live(own) had HUGE faulty building works so have spent the best part of 2 years in court etc... had finally won and the work has started but am meeting builder at 9.30am and Ally has not had her nap yet! Ahhhhh. This meeting is not going to go well. How can I be an assertive confident strong woman with a crying baby who wants to be breast feed to sleep with me? This builder has been walking all over us for years, I need some courage to even face him...
    :-(

If i was on TV it would've been relatively early, i had a camera crew ask me if they could get some footage, as they liked my outfit - everyone was in floraly dresses, and there i was, in a suit. going to Queens Park in Moonee Ponds on the weeken d, Dh's going to get some pics of me there, as the ones he took yesterday were very rushed, and him being a photographer, he's picky about what he put out there for people to see!!

With all the stress lately, i havent even bothered to diet, and i have lost alot more than just my baby weight. Im 175cm tall, and i would be lucky to weigh in at much more than 50kg. even FIL (who normally ignores me 99% of the time) commented on how much weight i have lost. BUt i dont binge eat when im stressed, i forget to eat.

I just dont know what to do anymore, i hate the way things are going atm, i want a happy life, and things just dont seem to be going that way atm. Im always a mess. I think that why i drank so much. I hate drinking normally!! Im sorry to whinge girls, i just dont know what to do anymore...
    Last edited by simone; November 10th, 2006 at 08:20 AM. Reason: crap speller here!!

Oooh girls! it seems we all have a mini crisis or another! CeeCee... turn a negative into a positive: use your feminine vulnerbility with Ally to tell the builder what you want or imply that you'll have a meltdown because your baby needs a feed and a sleep etc etc! LOL Men usually don't want to push women too hard in these circumstances. Melbourne Junies: I think we need another meetup! Even if it's just to get out of our own stew for a while.... I'm rushing this post as I'm trying to get my boys ready but give it some thought... Agggh.... Wade's going through the jig saws like a tornado!... back later... just try to hold onto your sanity girls... "this too will pass!" (((Hugs)))

I think another meetup might be good, maybe the botanical gardens, or a playground of some sort?? i was in such good spirits for ages after our last meetup

#karen# Guest

Simone - sounds fun having your makeup done, sorry to hear your not feeling so good otherwise. Good advice from Ik - write a list of all the positives and knowing that there is always support here. Life can be quite hard at times, but I believe that it can only make us a better and stronger person.
    Baths - have fun at the party
    Ceecee - you can do it, stand your ground,like baths said use the crying as a tool. Have fun with your meet, it's so good you are able to catch up

Thats why i love you girls, you're there through the good and the bad...

Very quickly, as I have an appointment and Oscar needs feeding and dressing...
    yes! another meet up! Let's do it. I'll check the forecast with the BOM and see what's happening next week for an outdoor meet up (botanical gardens sounds like a go-er - cafeteria and all...)
    ok, bye!

OK, Melburnian Junies (including you Mel!!) Anyone up for another meet?? From memory, the forecast isnt meant to be all that great next week... Ill check out BOM now... IS Bot Gardens OK with you bath?? ill prolly catch the train in anyway

just checked out the BOM website, meant to be showers from Sunday until thursday next week. unless we want to meet for a coffee at Melb Central again?? That way we wont get too wet...
    Last edited by simone; November 10th, 2006 at 09:35 AM. Reason: spelling...

Bath lol about the "you get what you pay for" comment. I'm going to use that lol. Have read back over a few threads, whoa alot has happened here, that I won't open old wouds about, just sad that things got so out of hand. Okay big day planned gotta go, check in later.
    A big hello and have a great day to everyone,
    Bye Dee

Meet up sounds fantastic! I would love to meet you all in person.

Bath - I have heard about that book and it does explain why French women are not fat when they live on croissants, brie cheese, coffee, chocolate etc, etc. I will have to go to the library!!!!

CeeCee - i totally agree with the frazzled mother routine. I used that excuse on many ocassions when paying overdue bills!!!! DH forgot to pay most of them while I was in hospital, so when I explained that I had just had a baby, most of them congratulated me and gave me extra time!!! Be strong and don't let him walk over you!

Simone - glad you enjoyed the races, your outfit sounds beautiful and what a day to go, sun shining for a change. Try to stay positive about what things are great in your life, or try to think of others who are worse off as there is always someone! One of my good friends has a daughter who in finally in remission from leukemia! She is 4 years old and was diagnosed at 13 months old. After that, it soon put life in a different perspective for me. We are all here for encouragement and support and you can rely on us whenever you need a shoulder! Stay smiling!

7th Heaven Dee - I just noticed that your Nathan was born on same day as Marley (and also Oscar). Must have been a popular day!! It was Melbournes coldest night on record!

Where do guys live???? The city will be pretty hectic next week as the big G20 summit in on and they are saying avoid the city (in todays paper). They think they are going to have up to 20,000 protesting. I must say, I am very much looking forward to meeting you!

Last time we had a meet, it was a melbourne central, as we all caught the train in, and you can just get off at the station downstairs. That way we wouldnt even have to go into the city. Thats if we want to go to Melb Central again... we have a whole city of options...

Back from the party (it was just around the corner)... both boys tired and needy but I have just enough time to say: Great to see you again Dee (Heaven) I actually used that phrase twice yesterday in two different posts... the other one was "Why did you become a Platinum member?" thread... same reason... I wanted the full BB experience and didn't want the site to fold due to financial reasons... can you guys imagine not having BB anymore???? OMG I think the withdrawal would be almost physical! LOL I certainly wouldn't be as content on a daily basis as i have been since I joined up... knowing that you are all here to debrief about all issues, large and small.

Mel: I live in Eaglemont (near Ivanhoe) and I don't drive but live about 1.5 blocks away from a train station. I go into the CBD most Fridays (didn't today because of the party)... so Melbourne Central or even the Gardens would be ok (I'd get off at Jolimont.

Ok... BRB... boys need me now...

ETA: mmmm thought I would share what I'm snacking on now (WISON): a sesame Ryvita with chunky pesto dip (I think the chunks are pine and macadamia nuts) very delicious and probably quite healthy... I had nibblies at the party but no breakie and this snack should tide me over so that I don't need a "lunch"... will probably have a cuppa soon... might have an orange...getting quite warm outside... almost wish I had some nappies to wash! LOL but I'm all up to date.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

OMG - I'm such an idiot - I drove all the way to Westfeilds Maurbra thinking that is were I was meeting Donna today for lunch, but she had said Westfeilds Miranda - ... I'm sooo sorry Doona! I just run on auto pilot some times and just don't listen.. I feel like such an idiot...I was calling her saying "I'm outside DJ's..were are you? and see is saying ...I'm outside DJ's? What are you wearing ? etc. etc.. It took me 15 mins to realise I was an idiot and got the places mixed up...

in other news...the builder went surprisingly well...but Ally was awake the whole time, so by the end she was completely over it, but the builder was great about it all..

Simone - HUGS honey.. I know what it is like to have to make yourself happy each day - but you can do it, we are here to help you and you know that you are loved!

Mel - get your ticker happening girl so we can see your beautiful baby! the others will help you at your meet up (so jealous I can't go - but would probably get the date wrong or something!!!)

Baths - thanks for your advice (as always) you are a mother to us all sometimes! *Kiss*
    IK- hope your having a better day..
    luv you guys
    CC

Mel - just google baby tickers, a few different places will come up. Just pick one!! then follow the directions and copy and paste the text into your signature. all done!! i dont know which text to paste in though...

Dee (Heaven) - yeah, it's behind us now - onwards and upwards
    Meet up - sounds like we need one and if we can't do it outdoors, then a cafe somewhere sounds good. What about that QV thing up on Lonsdale Street? Or are we avoiding the city? I can do Friday, but every other day is booked up for me, unless we wind up on Monday by 3 (gotta be back for a dentist appt at 5.30). I don't know any kid friendly places away from the CBD, unless we do a McDonalds (urghhhh, but I can get over myself and have a big mac!) somewhere close to a tram line from the CBD?
    Oscar is finally nodding off - he's been awake for hours again, so not much has been done around here again.
    Feeling heaps better today. I had dinner cooked for me and my plate even got collected as soon as I finished (what the?) and dishes washed (ok, so he may have wanted to avoid my commentary seeing as the sink was full of empty beer bottles to be washed for bottling). I think I know that I'm never going to be fussed over like some other partners we know, and for the most part I'm fine with it (one of the couples we know is very attentive to one another, but he is almost nauseating...I couldn't handle that), but every once in a while, when DP gets particularly selfish, it gets me down. I'm responsible for my own feelings, however we are both responsible for this relationship and we need to look out for one another, and ensure that we're not causing the other inconvenience or extra, unnecessary work. And that's just the minimum, on top of that there is showing the other you care in various little ways. Am I rambling? Yes, I'm rambling.
    Oscar woke up so damn happy this morning that I was brimming with love for my little unit, all huddled on the bed.
    I had photos taken of my nose for the op, and the photographer lady was so taken with Oscar that she even took a few pics of me with Oscar, after she'd done the medical shots! He is such a floozy. I'll be surprised if he gets separation anxiety of any degree!
    Simone - did you get the email I sent around the other day about the 20 second brainstorming? If you didn't, then you need it. If you did, then set aside a few minutes today and do it. You have 3 beautiful kids, and whilst they do not define you they DID come from you, so you're not that bad, are you? You're pretty ok from where we're looking! And that's just the start of it. Good luck with the RAAF thing! DP's applying for the Mets (MFB)...the dark side (CFA has better conditions, but the mets aren't too bad either!).
    I'm going to put this boy to bed finally, get some washing out, clean the bathroom, clean the rug, clear this table and get sewing some time in 2009...

Meetup: ok... well next Friday the 17th should be ok for me... when was that protest? Surely we'd be ok if we all got off at Melbourne Central and snuck into Borders? Especially if the weather is going to be wet (i don't say "foul" anymore because we need the rain!). If the crowds aren't too bad we could wander over to Myer seeing as though we all know the way now... I need to buy my BB Secret Santa Gift too! Oooh who else is doing that???

oh and WISON: strawberries. Whipping up a flan using the left over sheets of short crust pastry from the mini quiches I made for DH's party (they turned out great... was able to make heaps... probably about 2 dozen at least and they were devoured... not too expensive either.... anyhow the pantry is getting pretty empty and I'm in "using up" mode. There was a punnet of strawberries left over which is still in surprisingly good condition... oh and I'm also nibbling on some rocket leaves.... just because they are there and need eating.

I'm also finding that Niall is awake a lot more during the day these days... but he sleeps well at night so it's ok... he's establishing a good rhythm. Must take a new piccy for his 5 month mark coming up soon.. IK, maybe it's just my 'pute but your ticker piccy is a tad dark... what do you reckon girls? Our monitor is already at 90% brightness and looks washed out if I lighten it anymore.

ETA: oh and thankyou CeeCee for that affectionate little peck ROFL you're a sweetie! I had a bit of a giggle at your attempt at a meetup... you must have been beside yourself with mortification! LOL Still you need to get yourself down here and join one of ours... we'll guide you the whole way via sms... don't worry

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast