Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #19

What a drama about the cot, CC! Glad you're on the way to sorting it out, though.
    Thanks, Char, for that little vignette I'm similar in that we don't have a routine as such. Not because I don't believe in them, but because I haven't seen the need yet to lay one down for Oscar...if it ain't broke... Sunbury - horse country, DP has relatives out near Gisborne, and visiting them is when I go near that side of town - might have to look you up next time!
    Photos of today's meet are up on Photobucket.What a day for the gardens! Warmer than expected and just glorious.
    Going round to my dad's tonight. I'm going to try to get him to ring my aunt, as he has had a phobia about calling home for many years. Lots of baggage, but I'm sure he's not the only Irish emigrant of his generation to be like that.
    OK, Oscar is asleep (do I need to say where?) and it's making me sleepy, but I must go out!
    See you all later in here...
    PS - If I can find my hotpants and bra top, CC, I'll take you up on the club tonight

We had such a lovely day at the Bot Gardens - Simone and I walked from Flinders Street to the Tea Rooms by the lake, then we all walked to the Childrens' Garden and then back to Flinders, and Simone and I continued on to Melbourne Central station AND then I walked home from Glenroy station (only 15 mins, but I was buggered when I got home!)

I realised I got a little sunburnt - one one side of my forehead only Now I am going to be tanned on one side of my face and not the other

Flynn had more solids tonight - after a boobie feed he was hyperventilating while I fed him his 3 tablespoons of rice cereal - you'd think it was smack or something the way he was carrying on when it was all finished!!! MCHN said it was ok to start giving him more food next week so we will introduce carrot on Sunday.

#karen# Guest

Simone - congrats
    Rory - congrats and lol at the smack comment
    IK - congrats - I love the name of your niece, just the other day I accidentally called a baby that, but her name was actually Keira (not sure of spelling)
    Welcome Char
    CC- Nathan is often awake for that length of time in day, particularly when we are out. It is only the last 2 days that he has actually been having 2 good sleeps a day. This is probably because it is the first time I have been at home all day for a few days in a row. He used to have 1 sleep from 1-2 hrs and then catnap at other times.
    Baths - keep meaning to check your site, I'm dying to see the cake you made
    Amanda - what are the 3 needles Cody had? Nathan only had 2 at his 4 months.
    Hi to everyone else, hope all are well.

How wide did your wallets open, Simone and Rory??
    I've worked out something with the babyswim lady for the rest of the term. She's not down with DP taking over the rest of the term because she'd then like to see him commit for the other terms (which he wouldn't do), as she insists on consistency...and I can see her point. Oh, well, we have come to a favourable conclusion for the next term - she'll give me a one on one to assess where we are at and slot us into a new class in January. I might ask for a weeknight instead of a Sat morning.
    Had a lovely night at my dad's.
    Now, if Oscar could sleep a bit, then I could finish these wraps and the sling for my mum to take with her next week!
    Go Flynn! Just don't get into mummy's special treats like naughty Xander and Wade
    Rory - maybe you should have Banana Boat'ed too?
    Hi Karen, haven't seen you in a while
    Gonna try to put boy down to get more sewing done - geez, Friday night of sewing, or podium dancing to CC's DH's tracks? Well, I had my time on the podium and now I'd gladly hang up my platform boots to stay home with my family I hear ya CC!
    Goodnight all, might not be on much over the weekend - busy again with invites, swimming and riding club...does it ever end? Honestly, the weekend is not a relaxing time for a SAHM lol!

HI all

Well have been busy at work the last two days. Was a ghost town for most of the day today as most of them attended the funeral of a 42yr old Police Officer who was tragically killed on the highway near Coffs last weekend, coming back from a job. He was part of team ARGOS which tackles child sex abuse. Even though I didn't know him it was pretty sad as he leaves behind his wife and two teenage kids. You never expect a police officer to die that way!

MIL babysat Aleise today as Matt had to work. She also did ALL our washing - including stuff that just sits at the bottom of the basket that we don't use ie. a bra that no longer fits me! She tidied Aleise's room, organised her clothes into her tallboy (I jsut leave it in the basket until I'm ready) and swept the floors. Makes me feel like a lazy housewife in some ways!

Melb meet up: Glad to hear you had a great day girls - just think of some of us who were trapped in an office today!

Charmaine: Welcome! Glad you could join us. Chiara is a lovely name and I had a uni class with a girl with that name last year so its not that rare!

Chocoate: What's all this talk about it in last thread? I'm trying to cut down and yesterday was the first day in 3 weeks I had some lollies! I blame a lady at work who offered me one of hers that got the ball rolling. Haven't lost any more wieght and beginning to think I should be going to WW meetings instead of going it alone via online program.

Aleise: Loving her baby food and doens't like my home made apple puree anymore! *Sniff*. The daycare lady gave her a whole jar yesterday and she yummed it up and here's me depriving her by only giving her half! Anyway I gave her the rest of her apple and cereal before bedtime as MIL wasn't told how much to give her.

Rory: NO harm in upping Flynn's solids a bit - especially if he gets upset when you stop!

IK: why do you have to go into hospital? I'm not totally up to date with what's going on here - anyway hope it all goes well if you need an op.

Simone: You should get that package by Monday at latest. Congrats on the testing sesssions but will you have to move if you get a job? Who would take care of your kids whilst you're at work?? I hope it pans out for you darls. OH and good you got PINK tickets.. she's pretty cool!

Amanda: Cirque tickets -- YAY! they're not cheap so hope you enjoy it! We're going to Billy Joel on Tuesday but tickets were like $130 'cause the cheapest ones were sold out in 20 mins and I coudln't get onto the site until 9.20am to buy mine by then only B reserve left! Matt's been before and he said he's brilliant! Besides how often does a good international act come along?? Oh and loved the pics btw.. Cody is soooo cute in his swimmers and towel hoodie!

Okay I've dribbled long enough hello to everyone else sorry I didn't do marathon personals but its nearly 11pm. Weekend is the only time I get to catch up on BB so hope to read a few new posts soon.
    Take care.

xoxox

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    yawn.. Ally was up again all night, I went to bed at 9.30pm, she woke for a feed at 9.40pm,1.30am.3.30am,5.30am and has has been awake since then. She also cried at 2.30, but I refused to get up as it was an "I'm awake cry", not a "I'm hungry" cry. Is this normal??? She still only has about 3-4 x 45min naps a day...no long ones (i.e so I can't catch up on any sleep). I swear, I think I'm losing my mind, I'm sooo tired. If this is normal I will just shut up and deal with a smile...but I swear if there is an alternative (like starting solids or even dare I say control crying) I would take it at this stage!

Ho hum

IK -
    If I can find my hotpants and bra top, CC, I'll take you up on the club tonight
    would that be a maternity bra!!!!HOT HOT HOT.. He Hee

Rory - can I ask why you started solids before 6 months? Was Flynn waking too? Or did you just think he was hungry????
    Sorry bout the sunburn - I got caught the other day too!!! looks like we need to start carrying it with us as summer is here!

Hi Karen... - [QUOTE] It is only the last 2 days that he has actually been having 2 good sleeps a day. QUOTE] Ohh, that is good news, if Ally could even have one good sleep a day I could catch up on some..what did you do different besides stay home???I'm often at home all day??? Do you just think it is an age thing?

IK - what a busy weekend for you...but we all know you - you won't be able to stay away...what is the date of your op????

Nenny - are you enjoying work? it is nice to hear from you - we miss you during the week...

CC - maybe her teeth activity is waking her? Also, if you can't believe me, believe many other women who will testify that solid feeding does not equal sleeping longer! If that is the only reason you are considering it, then I would leave off for a while longer, because you may well kick yourself. Put it this way, I know of a few breastfed babies who 'sleep through', so it's not necessarily related. I have a feeling that if she's been good at sleeping till now, then this is a temporary episode, and it may be something like teeth or just a growth spurty thing.
    And, mmm, maternity bra top - can see it now, being sold on the front racks of dance shops everywhere!
    Sunny day in Melbourne today - girls, don't forget the sunscreen!
    Funny thing - well, not too funny. DP changed Oscar last night before we were to put him to bed. I didn't even think about it when he gave him to me to put in the HAB. I got him to sleep, transferred him to bed and then I hopped in myself. This morning during Oscar's first morning wake (after 7am, cos the radio was already on...and he'd gone to bed at about 11.30) I felt his bum when I was turning him to his side to feed (can't wait for him to be able to do this himself!) it was WET! I realised...out loud...that DP hadn't put him into a sposie, grrrr! So, I insisted that he change the nappy, just so that he could appreciate exactly why I leave him in a sposie and what I used to deal with when we had him in cloths overnight (wasn't so bad when he was a week old, but as he got older the nappies got wetter sooner!). And yep, his skin was soaked and ammonia smelling. I think DP has learned that lesson - not to forget that the last nappy change is into a sposie! Lucky for all involved I'm taking Oscar swimming so he can soak in chlorine!
    better go, the boys are calling for me...they are still in bed and I just had a big glass of water and cereal...
    nice and humid out!

good morning and sorry girls... been hectic here... we're all sick with this chesty sore throat cold thing and life's getting busy... I think the silly season has begun! I've been moving furniture in preparation for the tree going up on the 1st of Dec... now I'm just about to go out to do a bit of pressie shopping.

Welcome Charmaine! I hope you enjoy being part of this lovely group of ladies. Sounds like a great walk yesterday Rory! Oh and congratulations IK on becoming an aunty! Gee there's lots I want to reply to but it'll just have to wait... got to get an early start before the shops get too busy... catch you all later!

What another gorgeous day - would you believe I am heading into the Bot Gardens AGAIN, for the second time in two days? DH and I and Flynn are catching up with mates who have a 1yo girl for a picnic in the gardens - should be a lovely afternoon. IK, this time I will screen up!

Bath, we (or should I say I - I am married to Scrooge McDuck!) am putting up the tree on 1 December too - not long now!!

Ceecee, I decided to put Flynn on solids because there is apparently as great a risk of a kid developing coeliacs disease when gluten is introduced late (ie: after 7 months) as there is when it is introduced early (ie: before 3 months). So given it will probably take about a month to build him up to eating weetbix I figured I would start him on solids at 5 months. I did want to wait till 6 months but once I read some reports on CD I decided to err on the side of caution (neither DH or I have CD, but we are both intolerant of bready-type products). As it turns out, Flynn is "ready" in terms of development - he takes a spoon really well and swallows without a problem, so I have become increasingly comfortable with the decision.

And no - he hasn't slept through the night anymore than before! Little bag of rats is still all over the place with sleeping - one night he slept from 9.30pm till 6am, but last night he fed at 11.30 then woke up screaming at 3am (I settled him without a feed) and was up again at 6am.

Neeny, your MIL sounds great for doing all that housework! But don't feel bad about it - you know what its like when you are at someone else's house - it is always easier to do their housework than your own!

Speaking of housework - my house is still being FlyLady-ed, but some of the novelty has worn off in that I only do the "glamour" jobs regularly, like cleaning the sink and sweeping the floorboards. I keep reading the daily missions and this eeeuw! I don;t want to do that job! Like the other day I was supposed to wipe down the pipe at the back of the toilet. I wasn't gonna get down and do such a dirty job - LOL! So I am back to "pretending" to be a hosuewife!!

And Simone and I didn't spend ANY money at Melb Central yesterday. Ok, she bought a hotdog and me a doughnut - but I don't think snacky-cakes counts!!

ciao bellas

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi Baths - been wondering where you were honey... hope you all feel better soon.. i've almost done all my Xmas shopping - I agree that it pays to get it done early as possible!

IK - he hee, well once my DH put a cloth napppy on but no cover - that was even worse! He he.. gee men are silly sometimes!
    Not sure what to do about Ally - I don't want to start solids, (I'm way to lazy and I LOVE breast feeding) and once you start there is no going back (and I want my baby as long as possible), but really can't keep going like this.. it has been this way for almost 2 weeks... I know it is worse atm as DH is away, but it is not only the lack of sleep, as if she is hungry then I feel mean for not feeding her.. you know? I'm so confused as to whether to start solids or not.... I am seeing a nurse on Wed. so will of course hold out till then...
    sunny here in Sydney too... but I'm inside still clean that gross cot...
    chat later!

Hi guys,

Feel like I have missed so much!! Had a fantastic time yesterday meeting Rory & Simone and their beautiful babies. Bot Gardens was fantastic - can't believe I haven't be there before. Train ride was better on way home as I could chat to IK!!! Had an interesting ride in - that's a whole other story LOL!!!! Got sunburnt to - forgot to slip slop slap!

Rory - Glad to hear you and simone didn't go crazy - donuts are allowed LOL!!!

Bath - how did Verity's graduation go?

Amanda - enjoy Cirque du Soleil. I was going to get tickets for DH and I, but couldn't get good enough seats. My friend went a few years ago and said it was one of the best shows she has ever seen.

CC - you're not losing your mind - she will settle into a pattern soon. It does get frustrating but know we are here so you can vent LOL! It feels better to get it out. Wish I could offer some advice, but not really sure what you should try. Maybe try one thing, see if it works, if it doesn't, try another - you are bound to find something that works for you both. Sorry I am not much help!

Char - you sound very similiar in your approach to most of us here - our Junies motto should be "go with the flow". I think it suits us LOL!!!

Sorry if I have missed anyone (hi to you!) - it always throws me if I haven't been on for a while.

After getting home for our meet, had to get changed, MIL came over and I went to dinner with friends to a Korean restaurant (never been to Korean and it was beautiful!). DH took Chelsea to Hi-5 but I think she was more excited about the train ride!!!!! She had dancing this morning, then we have a 1st birthday and naming day to go to. What a beautiful day for a party. Glad we are doing nothing tonight as I am pooped LOL!

Everyone enjoy their day! I'll pop back tonight to see what everyone's day has been like.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Rory - re solid...thanks for sharing! CD is pretty horrible, my sister's friend has it, poor thing has many "accidents" and always has to travel with a change of pants. One "crumb" will set it off!

Me: did not clean the cot.. I dragged the cot mattress (plastic cover is still on it) outside and lay under the bamboo in the sun while Ally chilled in her chair in the shade - almost fell asleep it was so nice..........

Mel - got to see what you look like in IK's photo..but Simone had her head turned - so still can't put a face to a name yet! I'm so jelous of your met ups, oh well, maybe next year as I will be going to Melbourne a lot for work. that would be funny - as I would be turning up with no baby!

Mel - thanks for your advice - re one thing at a time... I have a hammock (which worked till about a month ago), a toy in the hammock - the same cloth in the hammock, soft baby sleep music, she gets a massage every day, a bath/boob/bed routine...I just don't know what else to try except for things I don't want too (ie control crying or starting solids early)... anyway... glad Chelsea had a good day - what did your DH think of Hi5???

Nenny - forgot to say that I would love my MIL to do our housework...she came over when Ally was 7 days old and made us dinner, but then left all the dishes/pots/plates etc for me to clean up! Not happy about that one! I say get it while you can.. I would even leave a list! LOL!
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; November 18th, 2006 at 12:03 PM.

How could I forget? Bath, how WAS the grad??
    Mel - glad you liked Korean! There's a couple of Korean places in Box Hill, too, if you like it enough to go again but not traipse so far
    Today would be an even better day for the Bot Gardens. I spent my whole childhood there - so many photos of me from a newborn to about 9 or 10...ok, so not a WHOLE childhood, but it was a favourite family hang out
    Better go have a shower while DP can look after Oscar.
    Oooh, oooh, big news! We did submersions in class today...and we're allowed to do them on our own now!!! Woo hoo, go Scuba Oscar!

CC - I've bottle fed Aja since day 2, and she started solids just under 4 months, she got extremely grumpy when we'd eat in front of her but she's very happy having her puree for brekky! She still manages to have 5 bottles through the day though! Ask you health nurse, mine said it was fine to start Aja then so I'm sure she'll say the same - although they all do seem to contradict eachother!

IK - yep horse country!! Do look me up when you're out this way next, I never bothered with mothers group so I don't have any friends with kids

Neeny - I think you might have me confused with someone else? My daughters name isn't Chiara haha

Well nothing exciting happening, Aja is sleeping - YAY! But she's due to wake up soon and I haven't really got everything I wanted done yet.
    Last night I went to the casino with my friend, while Michael stayed at home minding Aja, it was a night full of crazy desperate men but otherwise still funny. Got home at 3 and Michael and Aja were up because apparently there were possums outside our door fighting and carrying on so it woke them up haha But it was nice to come home to them both being awake so I could give them a big kiss and cuddle.

So thats my little update!

Yep, Neeny, it was my niece who was named Chiara, yesterday I missed that.
    Just had a lovely al fresco feed on the lawn. The dog thought we might like to play ball if he left it at our feet...hint hint...but we didn't play, poor puppy!
    Char - is Aja's name pronounced 'a-ya'? Like the Croatian/Serbian/Czech pronunciation? Shame you don't know any other kiddies - if you join your local CFA you're sure to hook up with some mummies That's how I know most of the toddlers in my circle (and a baby on the way).
    Got a social event on this arvo and Oscar's just gone to sleep. DP is out at a car accident and I was going to leave Oscar here so that they could both come up later for the BBQ that follows the Learning Ladder party plan thingy...but I can't if DP's not home! Will put the bedsheets in the wash and then the nappies out before putting Oscar in the buggy (party is not far from here by foot and it's too nice a day not to walk!).
    Have a great afternoon!
    ETA: it WAS a good plan to put Oscar in the buggy...but the buggy's in the car and DP took mine! Might have to use the spare...
    ETA again: CC, I've put in a lightened pic of Simone and Mel on PB, but it doesn't really do either of them justice, that's why I didn't put it in before
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; November 18th, 2006 at 01:52 PM.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

IK - our teacher does submersions "when the are ready"...Ally is not ready yet, but the others do their babies - it is very cute. She is the youngest in that group as well.

Char - OMG 3am...you go girl...i was up as well but NOT having fun - he hee..I think that is what I need a big night out..

No news here, Ally does not want to sleep today, the day has been a blur between feeding and trying to put her to sleep, and when she goes to sleep she will only sleep for 20 mins and then wake crying and tired,so I put her back on the boob so she can fall alseep again, but that does not work so she is up but tired and well.. anyway.. she has been very very talkative too.. all day it is "ahhhhh.""" yawahhhhaaa".. "rrerrrr"...
    starting to drive me crazy actually..just want a little more sleep I think - amazing how sleep depratation can impact your every though...i love her but am so over it today!!!!!!!!thank GOD for the hammock, I really think I would be in tears by now if I did not have it.
    edit - oh,thanks IK - will go look now! have a nice day..

ohhh..Ally is asleep - yeah........going to bed now myself!
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; November 18th, 2006 at 01:59 PM.

#karen# Guest

CC - sorry to hear you're having a hard time, I doubt solids would improve things. Nathan is on solids and last night was waking as frequently as Ally. During the day I sleep him on his tummy(I know it's not recommended) cos he wakes himself on his back. I put him in his cot when I notice his tired signs and pat his bum. I kind of control cry in that I may leave him a couple of mins to cry so he tires himself out and then just pat him until he's asleep. If he wakes crying I try patting him 1st if that doesn't work I top him up.
    Hi to everyone, have to go finish the dinner (roast chook)
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

IK - Aja is pronounced 'asia', yes completely different! But it looks nicer.

CC - God they can be little horrors some days! Aja is going through the teething stage so she's been very difficult to get to bed! She keeps biting her dummy so it falls out and then she wants it back again! I really hope Ally cheers up and gives her mummy a break! You best be off to get that extra sleep, although if you're anything like me you wake up feeling more tired?

Well Aja slept majority of the day, and she's just gone back down after being up for about 2 hours but gee she is such a horror to get to sleep these days, I just about pull my hair out having to keep running back to her because she's lost her dummy. I'm thinking about taking it away from her but because she wants to munch if she gets a hold of her fingers she turns them red raw and ends up screaming because she's hurt herself.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast