Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #19

Default Babies Born June 2006 #19

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

Name: Amanda3
    State: QLD
    DOB: 2.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 4oz (3310g), Length - 53cm, Head - 34cm
    Babyname: Cody Lincoln
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Feeds and sleeps like a trooper

Forum Name: Sara
    Baby's DOB: 5 June 2006
    Baby's Stats: 8pound 3ounces, 51cm, 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Briley Jean Harvey
    Notes: WE LOVE HER!!!!

Name: Jaspen
    State: NSW
    DOB: 06/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 8lb (3638g); Length – 53cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Samuel Ashton
    Health concerns: none thankfully
    Notes: such a little guts (200g weight increase in 3 days) !!!!

Name: Gabysmum
    State: WA
    DOB: 07/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 9lbs 12 ozs Length: 58 cm Head: 36 cm
    Baby name: Alexander Ivan aka Alex
    Notes: Big boy adored by older sister.

Name:Neeny
    DOB: 8.6.06
    Stats: Weight - (3140g – about 6 pounds), Length – 52cm , Head – 34.5cm
    Babyname: Aleise Irene
    Notes: sleeps too much and doesn’t eat enough in one sitting!

Name: simone
    State: VIC
    DOB: 9th June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 3lb 11oz (1680g) Length - 30cm, Head - 28cm
    Babyname: Anneliese Bethany
    Health Concerns: None... fingers crossed
    Notes: Born prem, due to infection in my uterus... APGARS of 8&9, breathed
    on her own; suffered from jaundice for 2 weeks after birth, came home at 27
    days old. Readmitted 3 weeks later to the Childrens with bronchiolitis and
    apnoea, admitted to ICU. then developed pneumonia. Spent 2 week in hospital.
    Is finally home, where she belongs...
    __________________________________________________ __

Name: *Jo*
    DOB: 09/06/06
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz (4020g), Length - 50.5cm, Head - 35.5cm
    Babyname: Freya Jean
    Notes: Repeat elective c/s @ 38wks

Name: littlerigger
    State:
    ACT
    DOB: 11/06/06
    Stats: Weight -8lb 3oz, Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Ryan Vaughn
    Notes: farts & burps like daddy!

Name: Roryrory
    State: Vic
    DOB: 11.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 3905 ( 8lb 9oz), Length - 52cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Flynn
    Health Concerns: Nil

Name: Bathsheba
    State: Vic
    DOB: 13/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 9lb 0oz (4080g); Length – 52cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Niall Atticus
    Health concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 38wks due to Cholestasis of pregnancy. Birth attended by Kelly Zantey.

Name: Dee78 (donna)
    DOB:14.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3310g), Length - 51cm Head - 36cm
    Baby's name: Lachlan Roy
    Health concerns:
    Notes: very unsettled, doesnt like to sleep anywhere but mum or dads chest!!

Name: Nickel
    DOB: 16/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 6lb 6oz (2.9g); Length – 42cm; Head – big enough thanx!
    Babyname: Ruby Jago
    Health concerns: only after birth, but we're good now.
    Notes: Breastfeeding actually works this time.

Name: IK
    State: VIC
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight 3.47kg, Length 47cms, Head Circ 34cms
    Sex: Male
    Babyname: Oscar William
    Notes: HypnoBirth&Waterbirth, relaxed baby so far, waking to feed and
    sleeping when not feeding! Co-sleeping and exclusively breastfeeding.

Name: Our 7th Heaven
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 7lb 9oz (3.44kg); Length – 55cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname:Nathan Xavier
    Health concerns: No all's well here
    Notes: He's a natural booby boy and a right little guts.

Name: #karen#
    DOB: 22.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 14oz (3580g), Length - 50.5cm Head - 34.5cm
    Babyname: Nathan John
    Health concerns: Talipes
    Notes: So far, so good - feeds and sleeps well

Name: Ali25
    State: WA
    DOB: 23rd June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 2 Oz (3700g), Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Tori Rose
    Notes: BFing well and starting to settle nicely

Name: *Kristee-Lea*
    DOB: 29/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 6 pound 10, Length: 46cm, Head Circumference: 34cm
    Babyname: Tarleha Maye
    Health Concerns: Reflux, colic, loosing lots of weight quickly.
    Notes: Emergency Ceaser 3 days overdue because she had swallowed meconiam.
    Can out-fart or out-burp any man!!! WE LOVE HER!!!!!

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE.

LOL I was just wondering when a Mod was going to renew the thread... we almost got to 11 pages. Anyhow... nighty nite girls... this is just a post so that i get my email notices...

Oscar has just nodded off in the shoulder sling again...at last - needless to say, no progress has been made on those wraps since my last post...
    I was thinking of having a bath but decided it was too cold to get nekked for anything other than hopping into bed with the boy and the boy (my boy sandwich, as I call it - so yummy!).
    We made the error of not getting a king size bed when we got our futon last year... bit shortsighted, but even when I was in my first trimester we were adamant that there would be no co-sleeping - funny how we swung the other way since then! It's a queen size, but still big enough for the three of us - although I am now in the market for a bed rail, as Oscar has become quite twisty. I must confess (this may belong in the adults section), that we have been able to DTD with Oscar on the bed asleep. Some may say this is abusive, but I don't think so cos he's fast asleep! Not only that, I have some thoughts about shielding kids from sex in relationships - DP's niece and nephew are not utterly disgusted by knowing that their parents have a sexual relationship, to them it's normal, as it should be...it's why we are ALL here, after all! My mum was such a prude about sex and tried to palm off her hang ups about it to me. My word, this is one hell of a tangent from the question about bed size! I stop now...
    Yeah, Nic, that's what I figured. I think I've said it before, but as much as I have a bit of my fair share of the Western world's milk supply, I fear nothing more than running out and I'm hoping the surgery doesn't affect my supply too much. I have fenugreek here, anyway, JIC. And great support from my ABA counsellor, who has just sent me some great info about hospitalization and breasfteeding. I can go armed with that to my pre admission thingy tomorrow and ask my questions of the crazy kids who are going to be let loose on my nose (I am not as anxious as I probably should be, cos I really am looking forward to breathing properly for once!). Oh, and I'm sure they won't be kids...or crazy for that matter...
    Puppy dog has been either inside or at MIL's today, so he's been in company for the weather. I was going to stop in and leave Oscar with her while I went to the shops (was going to think of SOMETHING I really needed to buy as an excuse!) on my way back home...but she wasn't there! Collected the dog and headed home. At least DP knows I'm trying
    I did something quite strange the other day, too. I received a pack of 'no obligation' christmas cards from the foot and mouth artists. I've received these before and I think I sent them back, from memory. Well, not so this year. I've sent off my payment slip. I figure that I haven't been able to afford to give my preferred amounts to my preferred charities in the last few years (YOU try working casual jobs in an industry that favours cheap young 'uns!), so I just did it. They are lovely cards...but at $15 the most expensive cards I have ever bought! Glad I didn't think about it too much when I was filling out the form!
    Oh, here's another parallel, Mel - Oscar was born on first US original due date. We were given two more dates after that, but the first one held up. My sister is due on the 19th of this month and it would just be easier for my poor memory if she follows suit!
    Ok, so the weather looks favourable for Friday's meet. It's a pity Jess doesn't live in commutable distance for a meet - not to say she should live close to town just to suit us!
    Rory, maybe I can trawl my contacts for you so that you can get Flynn into treatment after his symptoms become apparent - I'm sure gurgling to himself in his bed is condemned somewhere, just let me find it... I've tried leaving Oscar in his bassinette to see if he'll self-settle but no go. Ok, so maybe I didn't really try that hard, but he wasn't down with it at all after the first 5 minutes of the novelty. Honestly, I think he thought it was funny till he realised we may be trying to leave him there. We couldn't do it, so DP held him till he fell asleep. That's when he slept until 10.30, so DP did well. If I've created a 'rod for my back' then so be it, I'll deal with it if and when it becomes a problem. I hope I have the same energy for the next baby! Not clucky yet, so Oscar should be a bit lower maintenance by that time, at around age 3ish.
    This is a long post - I HAVE been away for a lot of today!
    Anyway, Oscar is awake again and I would like to offload some mummy juice to him as the tank is getting full again...

Ik and other new mums, it's so much easier with the first one, even the second, Cherish it. I look back fondly and perhaps with a little guilt (for the others)the time I got to spend with Bree. With one you're not split into too many sections and you can concentrate all your time into your little bundle. But It's later when you have a few and you can't sleep during the day, because you have other children running around and you can't take your eyes off of them or you have to do the school, kindy and day care and sports runs and poor bub get dragged along for the ride. It's a pity the world can't stop for a few years so that you can have that time with every baby, be able to sleep when baby sleeps, retreat into your own world and only come out when it's completely necessary. I think that is why I like our 4-6am feeds because it is just him and me, I can stroke his hair and share smiles. Old hands know it's true, so you first timers cherish it. It's not a rod, it's a gift. But it's truly funny how subsequent children just fall into your rhythm and they are not scared by it.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; November 16th, 2006 at 09:05 AM. Reason: arrrggghhh spelling, more mistakes, argghhh

I second that Dee!!! It's all so true. Verity had almost a decade with us to herself and I thought I knew it all after Wade came along but it's only now that I can fully appreciate the chaos, tiredness and fragmentedness that comes with being a parent of 3. I get so caught up with Verity and Wade's needs that sometimes I forget that Niall is around! I'm sure that's apparent when reading my posts... I'm sure you're all thinking: "Gee she doesn't share much about Niall....". However he's not neglected... thankgod Verity is naturally nuturing and able to keep Wade out of the picture for short spells so that I get the chance to just sit and focus on Niall. Lord knows how Simone copes! Still Dee's right... Niall does kinda just fit in... he's by far the least demanding baby of them all... I wonder why that is? Also another strange phenomenom is that once I settle Niall and the house is all asleep I get the feeling that I've still forgotten another baby somewhere LOL it's like a never ending nuturing rhythm i get into!

Ok... Niall awake now... he slept well again last night

Once again, the lessons you ladies impart are not lost on me I was telling my sister the other day to just rest and sleep in during her last week of pregnancy because she won't ever get that time back. She said "but I feel like I should be doing stuff" and I said to ignore it, she's already done what she needs to do, and to please heed me. I told her that I am the voice that listened to experience and that I wasn't going to be silly enough, during my last week, to hear good advice and ignore it. I hope she listened to me. If someone who has been there recommends something, I'm not going to be the receiver of wasted breath! Anyway, I'm so glad you're here to bounce my ideas off and have them bounced back.
    The boys are still in bed, having their own snuggle and I"m dressed, breakfasting and almost ready to go. As DP understands hospital speak, he is coming with me to this pre admission thing as a translator.
    Hmm, how do I fill in the time till I have to get Oscar ready? More sewing!

Dee and Bath, thanks for that! I do cherish my quiet time with Flynn and am already conscious that it won't be the same with subsequent kids - it's mixture of guilt and sadness - guilt that the others won't get as much attention and sadness that it can't happen with every child. But hopefully number 2 and 3 will still get "enough" (is it ever enough!) because my mum and stepdad are dying to take Flynn out on weekends. I figure by the time number 2 comes along Flynn will be 18m and should be able to spend all of Sunday with his grandparents and give DH and I time with the bubba. Plus if DH continues to be as hands-on as he is currently it should work out ok.
    Ahhh, babylove!!

Better wrap up - Flynn and I are off to our day of Law Institute meetings - DH is picking him up from the city at 3pm for the afternoon shift. I forgot to mention I got voted on the the Law Institute Council for another 3 years - woohoo!!

Question about feeding - Flynn is now on his 4th day of food and already easily taking 2 tablespoons of rice cereal mixed with EBM. Is it too early to start giving him another meal of mashed veg, so he is having 4 tablespoons a day? He is not complaining gut wise and really eats it well - opens his mouth and takes food off the spoon, no tounging it out at all.

Congratulations, Rory! Good work
    This house is FREEZING...must get moving about...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi girls,
    I can't imagine how busy life must be with more than one.. I'm so tired sometimes as it is... Ally is back to needed 3 feeds a night - yawn, as she does not sleep during the day I'm starting to feel really really tired... going to see the nurse next Wed - maybe she needs to start solids or something..
    Rory - good work girl.. you really prove that you can have it all!
    Baths -
    I get the feeling that I've still forgotten another baby somewhere LOL
    maybe that baby is still to come!!!!!!! LOL
    I do wonder who will be the first to have the next onw....
    So I know this sounds strange, but Ally can say "ma" and "mum" and "Mumma" - the word are clear as bell - I even recorded them on the camcorder as the girls in my mothers group don't belive me.. of course she does not know what they mean, she just likes the "mmmmmm' sound and the other letters just followed... has anyone else had this? She also does these Darth Vader sounds which are really really freaky and horrible... anyone's baby make these noises?????

Wow you girls can talk. Well have to be back at the doctors at 1pm to get Cody's 4mth needles finally and get a blood test for me to see if my iron levels have gone up finally. All the boys are asleep and I'm going to make a cuppa in a minute.

Dee I totally agree, my favourite time with Cody is his early morning feed or his lunch time feed if the other two boys are in bed, I get to smell his hair and touch his face and just soak him up and enjoy him. I also love the pics of your family.

Rory congrats on the Law Insitute, your one busy lady.

IK hope the pre-op interview goes alright.

Everyone else a big hello, I'm going to make that cuppa now and relax for a bit.

hugs xoxo

When i went to my gym class yesterday there was a lady with a 5month old girl.
    Actually she was born June 3rd (so tecnichally same age as Nixon) And she was sitting up really well by herself, rolling around everywhere and saying mum mum mum really clearly.
    There's my boy imboile! cant sit, wont roll, doesnt talk! They really do develop in their own time and not necisarilly to GUIDLINE times.... but you have to wonder this baby was the 3rd child. she had a 6yr old and a 3yr old sister so i think this could help somewhat wanting to get around and play with her siblings.
    Nixon hasnt really seen other babies crawling sitting to try and copy.

Busy trying to get everything cleaned packed & sorted as we go away tomorrow. Had a make up swim class today & Nixon had a ball. currently passed out in the car!
    anyway best get back to it or i'll be up all night.

Don't worry Nic. Niall can't roll or sit up yet.. and neither did Wade at the same age (Wade was 2 weeks overdue and Niall was 2 weeks "early" so essentially Wade is a month older when I compare them on their calendars. So don't worry. Decide to give up the comparison game now... I'm a hypocrit... I compare but I don't let it get ot me if my child falls short. Mother's instinct will tell you when something's up.

Verity's home early to rest up for the graduation ceremony tonight. Wish I could rest up... Wade and Verity are currently arguing over food in the kitchen...

Afteroon everyone - bit late today!!

Been out at a friends for mtea. Chelsea is at kinder and Marley went to sleep not long after I arrived, so I was able to enjoy 2 cups of coffee and rocky road uninterrupted YUM!!

IK - I am sure if we kept asking questions, we would find more similarities. I didn't mention to you on Wed, but I also had horses for about 7 years (from age 10-17), then school got too much and I gave it away but I do miss it. Great for the legs and pelvic floor!!! Good luck at your pre-op appointment.

Bath - I hope Verity has fun at her graduation - I remember it was so exciting getting a bit dressed up and being allowed to wear a bit of lipstick!!

Nic - Marley has only rolled twice and I think it was by sheer fluke or accident. She didn't really have any control over what she was doing. She is too busy trying to eat her feet to try anything else. Chelsea was around 6 months and as you say all kids develop in their own time. A friend in my mothers group had a daughter who didn't have any teeth until she was 14 months old - and 6 came up at once!!!

Rory - congratulations and well done! You must be stoked. My MIL takes Chelsea out every second Friday and it is wonderful. She gets to spend quality time with grandparents and it gives me a bit of one-on-one time with Marley. So if your mum suggests it, take her up on it. I would start adding additional items to his solids, he would probably enjoy trying something new. They say to only add one new thing, give for a few days, then you can change to another. That way if he reacts to anything. you know what it is.

CeeCee - I always wondered how I would cope with 2, but to be honest, it has been much easier than I thought. Chelsea can also sit and play with Marley to keep her occupied if I need to cook dinner or do something else - siblings are very handy!!! I don't feel as tired because you are on the go most of the day. Its not until they are in bed and you sit and relax for a minute and think "boy I am tired"! I wonder if Bath and Dee agree that having a 3rd is easier again (I need some convincing that 3 is not much more work than 2 LOL!!!!!)

Wonder how Simone went with her test - fingers crossed XXXXX

I think coffee and bickie are calling

Just a quick not from me, i have to get the kids from daycare soon... I did every test that i would need to do to have a pick of any job i wanted - and i failed one test, and that was by 2 questions. They said if i want to go navy or army, i passed everything!! So i cant do a technical trade, but have decided my 3 choices for jobs are Counter Intelligence (like OH&S, but for security); Special Investigations (like a detective but for defence related crimes) and Clerk Supply. i have a good chance for all 3

Having the third honestly doesnt make THAT much more of a difference, Anneliese just mushes in to the chaos that is my household

We still on for a meet tomorrow?? IK and i were talking about maybe having it a little earlier than last time's, about 10am?? Go to botanical gardens for a beautiful walk, then head somewhere for lunch??

Check back in later, will hopefully get around to personals too

How did Simone go???
    Enjoy your night, Bath - sounds like it's a night of achievement for all of you.
    Wow, Cee Cee your little monkey has come a long way since being a foetus with an uncertain future! There you go, you got words before any of us Oscar makes noise and has the 'm' sound, but doesn't really attach it to anything. I had a 'goo ga' a couple of times, but I am dying to hear the 'mumma' sound! In fact, I am really looking forward to the following picture becoming real: walking down the street with a little Oscar holding my hand, looking up at me and smiling. One day that will happen and I think when I realise it I will just cry right there on the street! That's the image I've had in my head since he was born. He rolls from front to back, back to side (arm gets in the way) and he shimmies across the floor. He is trying to pull himself up now - keeps crunching that tummy, but doesn't realise he'll need his hands to sit up, too.
    Pre Admission went well. The procedure itself is a bit ambiguous and the nurse couldn't make sense of the surgeon's notes. Hmmm. However, I also found out that I will be in overnight. As DP said to me, if you want to find out anything about your surgery, ask the nurse not the surgeon, cos s/he will know. So, better get pumping. Also, DP has to start practicing with the bottle from tonight. He tried to tell me "you'll have to get started today on that practice" and I laughed. I said that it was in fact HE who would need to do it, and explained why. He gave in! I'll have a functioning nose in no time. However, we will need to swap Babyswim parent in class - I've only done two classes and there are 3 more to go (supposed to be more, but for technical reasons, this term is shorter). Just left a mesasge with babyswim lady...fingers crossed!
    Dee - as you know already from my numerous gushings, I love your family.
    Mel - curiouser and curiouser! What will we have in common next? Not the snack thing (today, anyway) - I can't stop eating oranges! I've only drunk orange juice today, too. I need some water, I think I am a bit dehydrated.
    Oscar fell asleep on the way home (all the ways home, we stopped at Narre Warren and then at Belgrave - loveliest Chai tea I've ever had at the Cafe Green Bean...) and I was able to lay him straight into the bassinette. So, once I've finished this mammoth post I'll get back to some sewing.
    Just read your post, Simone - good one, hi 5! That is brilliant news

Well finally got Cody's needles done, bloody nurse, with all three needles she drew blood and one of them bruised. I had to catch a cab to the medical centre and back and you know what both the cabbies were wonderful. They helped me and the kids into the cab and put the pram in and took the pram out and helped the boys out, it's so nice to see people still helping others especially mothers with their hands full.

Simone thats great do you know which one you would prefer to do?

Cody is now asleep, he fell asleep on the way home from picking Kailen up from school, he's in his pram in his room, my poor little baby.

Bath I remember my graduation night it's so exciting, I hope Verity has a wonderful night, as well as you and the rest of the family, other milestone reached how quick they grow.

hugs xoxo

In that order amanda - ci, si and cs.

im off, gotta get the boys from daycare now, and get dinner... going to treat myself to satay beef from Noodle hut for dinner yum!!! See ya later on girls...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast