Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #2

IK, I started riding at 5 weeks and 3 days but DTD at 4 weeks!!! Naughty girl! GT is supposed to go to the Newcomer awards on the 6th of august so that is why I had to start riding. I just took it easy at first, 15mins I think. Last time i rode him he did a few big whoopees and I had to growl at him. usually wouldnt worry me but post c-section I wouldnt like to chance a fall. He tried to pretend he was only kidding but i think he is just so glad to be back in action. He carried on a bit like rowen when he knew he was going to get lucky!!! Males are alike no matter what the specie or the activity!!!

Haha at DH not wanting to be strapper!

Dee can you PM me your MSN addy and I'll add you to my list.

hugs xoxo

Hi Amanda just tried to send you a PM but it gave me this message
    amanda3 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Dee I'll email you my details so you can add me to your MSN or visa versa.

hugs xoxo

Kel - how exciting it must have been for your pony to be in work again...although not for you! I had a dream last night, actually, that I was riding Dante in the paddocks (no the sort of thing I would do after such a long spell..definitely arena work first, THEN out in the paddocks!) and he started to get really antsy. I was thinking, as I was pulling madly on reins (again, not something I normally do, I usually just use my seat or if he's being particularly argy bargy I might give one or two short, sharp pulls to mean business!), that I can't afford to fall off because if anything happens to me, who will feed and love Oscar? How weird...
    I did read a recommendation, about DTD, that you try to do it before the first check up appt to be able to report any problems at that appt. So, DP might get lucky shortly

Enigma, I would love to meet up next time I am in Perth and see Aneta and all the other bubs in real life. I am hoping to come to Perth in mid-late Sept, my SIL is due early Sept so I want to time it in with that.

Ceecee, am so glad to hear that Alexandra's kidneys aren't as bad as first thought, what a relief that must have been for you. Can totally understand what you mean though about not caring whether they are perfect or not, still doesn't make you love them any less. I was worried that after having such an intense love for DD that I wouldn't feel the same for the new baby - no need to worry about that at all as Alex is loved soooo much!!!

Enigma- I'm still snappy at DH its horrible. Sometimes he just amazes me with comments that comes out of his mouth just cannot let them go but other times i really do just SNAP for no or silly reasons.
    Its always easy to see it afterwards but at the time i don't stop to think., so your def not alone although the "Snappy Wifes Group!" is not a group I'm proud to be sitting in right now.

I wonder how Emishka & Caitlyn are doing? we haven't heard from her in a while i dont think.

CeeCee- I hope Alexandras kidney will be fine and no op needed, but please feel free to let all your emotions out on here! Well as much as you can typing. But if you need a chat I'd be happy to give you a call sometime.

Candy- Its not confirmed yet but i MIGHT be coming to Canberra in October. DH may have to come for something on but it falls around the same time as his 30th and our wedding annaversary, so I'll keep you in mind and depending on the scedule if we go would love to meet up! Do you think you will make it to the snow this year? Im going to Buller not this w/e but next Thurs-sun. Mum & dad coming down too so mums going to babysit so i can get a few hrs here and there in!

I know Im being silly about Nixon and his growing. He has put on almost 2kg and is doing lots of wet/dirty nappies so i really have no grounds to complain. But its upsetting seeing all the effort on both Nixon & I behalf for feeding then having it all come back up! Im going to try an experiment and (sorry if sounds grose) try and catch some spew after a feed so i can determine approx how much is coming back up. I just think its a lot more then everyone (Dr/MW)are assuming.
    CeeCee Zantec is just another liquid to apparently stop the pain associated with Reflux.nothing really (or so ive been told)stops the chucking only the pain assoc with it. My fridge is filling up with this stuff ive tried Gripe water/colic relief/mylanta/zantec plus the two things he has to have 1ce a day till on solids.... Man can't wait for the day none of this is needed.......

Well hello yet again!

Seems I've been rather busy and trying to get Matt off the 'puter has been a job and a half!!

I noticed there's been a bit of a debate about BF and FF. Well I was planning to do both but unfortunately my total exhaustion after Aleise's birth meant I couldn't sustain BF. I was adamant about her getting colostrum and she did for about 2.5 days I think. Unfortunately when you have to take medication then FF is the only path you can take. I do not think I've failed but I really wish I could've BF at least for a while. Both myself and my brother were bottlefed and we turned out fine. Actually my SILs ( who BF) all say they envy me for having a good baby that eats well and sleeps through the night! No one has made me feel inferior about FF. Anyway remember this ladies - you are the mother to your child/ren and you alone should decide what's best. Those who FF aren't simply doing it 'cause its easier - there are multiple reasons why bottlefeeding is chosen. However if I was able to BF I don't think I could've given up chocolate - I'm a shocking chocoholic!

CC: Great to hear your little girl is fairing better than expected. Keep in touch!

Nickers: I emailed about the avatar - guess Kathryn is very busy.

Jaspen: Hope your little one recovers quickly. I grew up in Tsv so any questions just ask me! Is your DH in the Defence forces?

Amusing story: I took Aleise out to Toys R Us today and whilst in the store I noticed that I had a wet spot on my jeans. I had her in the Baby sling strapped to me. I checked her jumpsuit and low and behold she had peed down her left leg and it had seeped into my jeans. I shoulda changed that nappy BEFORE going out! When I got home to change her I noticed a totally saturated nappy. Gawd when will I learn?

Matt is enjoying fatherhood and I really think Aleise will be very spoiled by her daddy. Oh well time will tell.

Well can't think of much else to say - better head for bed now whilst madam is asleep.
    Sorry not many personals - I've not read pages 6 onwards - its now 10pm so I thought I'd just post.
    Take care all.

Neeny xoxo

Oh yeah - how do you paste your baby's pic into your signature?

I have to scan a photo in - no digital camera.

Nickers - Dad can't be operated on cause it's too close to his pelvic floor and they would either damage the pelvic floor completely or highly likely miss some thus the need for a form of radiation.

Neeny - DH is in construction management and there is work coming up up there thus the move. Our biggest fear is being able to find a decent rental - other than the new estates up at Bushlands Beach (which we've been told get terrible midgies and is not a real nice beach) a decent size house seems hard to come by. Also a pity that lots of my bubs clothes are going to go to waste cause I expected to be in serious winter until October at least.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes - DS#1 seems to be improved at last and hopefully will be well enough for daycare tomorrow - he's missing it terribly and I have a great long list of things to get done which is easier with one than two.

IK - I find Sudocream a good preventative for nappy rash (and a cure for minor rash) but Bepanthan (the antispectic one not just the normal ointment) a faster cure for bad nappy rash - that's if the plain lanolin doesn't work for you (I wasn't game to use pure lanolin on my boys as it gave me a really burnt butt as a child - which obviously doesn't happy to many cause it's a popular choice). Every bubs is different though so hoping the lanolin works for you.
    Last edited by jaspen; July 12th, 2006 at 08:04 AM.

morning Junies! Ive just managed to get mini-DH off to sleep ( she looks NOTHING like me and completely like DH , so she's mini-Paul from now on )
    Im having the most delicious breakfast( dont read on , you will be jealous )... 3 crackers , and one piece of cheese... ffs! Why does everyone eat EVERYTHING in the fridge before I get up !?...

Nickers - and when will you be coming to Perth hey , hey? ? Its Canberra , or Sydney or this and that - what about the west side?? Aneta was telling me she'd like to meet Nixon LoL... How cool would that be though? If we managed to get all the Junies in one place.. We have until January 27th !.. then im flying back to Poland

Jaspen - good to hear that your little boy is feeling better and nearly back to normal

Neeny - I hear you on the nappy issue!! Aneta , I mean , mini-Paul , always seems to wet herself when Im changing her nappy... then she gets hysterical because she's hungry and I get stressed and accidently dress her in 0000 ( she's in 000 now ) and we have to do it all again.. *sigh*.. its a fun time

Gabysmum - September sounds like a good time , keep reminding us Perthies closer to the date and Im sure we could all find a way to meet up..It will be warmer aswell , and maybe by then I'll have enough confidence to go out with Aneta further then a few blocks from my house hehe

Hi to all other Junies )

#karen# Guest

I seem not to be putting the nappy on right, quite often Nathan wakes up all wet on his side/back. I try and point him down when doing nappy up, but he moves about so much. I can barely keep up with all the washing.
    Love everyone's piccies, and dee you even took a piccy of the hearing test, how cute. i must get my camera out more. I am desperately waiting for dh to download pics so I can send them to you. I have no idea how to do it, I might try scanning some photos.

littlerigger Guest

been flat out here today guys but just spotted your post karen. I'm having the same problem with Ryan, but only at night!! I'm wondering if the nappies I'm using aren't absorbent enough for his long sleeps?

Nic - Would love to catch up if you do make it here!!! I don't think I'm going to make it to the slopes this year even though I think I'm in fine condition to do it!! I have to admit other than being a bit tired and depressed occaisionally, physically I feel great. Just lazy!!

Yes I know I still haven't done a lot of personals but the little piggy has awoken for yet another feed. God I love this little man!!!!

Also new pics are just about to go up on the site

Time for a new thread girls.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678