Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #2

Default Babies Born June 2006 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    SherieB - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

Name: Amanda3
    State: QLD
    DOB: 2.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 4oz (3310g), Length - 53cm, Head - 34cm
    Babyname: Cody Lincoln
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Feeds and sleeps like a trooper
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Name: Jaspen
    State: NSW
    DOB: 06/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 8lb (3638g); Length – 53cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Samuel Ashton
    Health concerns: none thankfully
    Notes: such a little guts (200g weight increase in 3 days) !!!!

Name: Gabysmum
    State: WA
    DOB: 07/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 9lbs 12 ozs Length: 58 cm Head: 36 cm
    Baby name: Alexander Ivan aka Alex
    Notes: Big boy adored by older sister.

Name: Neeny
    DOB: 8.6.06
    Stats: Weight - (3140g – about 6 pounds), Length – 52cm , Head – 34.5cm
    Babyname:
    Aleise Irene
    Notes: sleeps too much and doesn’t eat enough in one sitting!
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

Name: *Jo*
    DOB: 09/06/06
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz (4020g), Length - 50.5cm, Head - 35.5cm
    Babyname: Freya Jean
    Notes: Repeat elective c/s @ 38wks

Name: Bathsheba
    State: Vic
    DOB: 13/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 9lb 0oz (4080g); Length – 52cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Niall Atticus
    Health concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 38wks due to Cholestasis of pregnancy. Birth attended by Kelly Zantey.

Name: Dee78 (donna)
    DOB:14.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3310g), Length - 51cm Head - 36cm
    Baby's name: Lachlan Roy
    Health concerns:
    Notes:
    very unsettled, doesnt like to sleep anywhere but mum or dads chest!!
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Name: Nickel
    DOB: 16/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 6lb 6oz (2.9g); Length – 42cm; Head – big enough thanx!
    Babyname: Ruby Jago
    Health concerns: only after birth, but we're good now.
    Notes: Breastfeeding actually works this time.

Name: IK
    State: VIC
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight 3.47kg, Length 47cms, Head Circ 34cms
    Sex: Male
    Babyname: Oscar William
    Notes: HypnoBirth&Waterbirth, relaxed baby so far, waking to feed and
    sleeping when not feeding! Co-sleeping and exclusively breastfeeding.

Name: Our 7th Heaven
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 7lb 9oz (3.44kg); Length – 55cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname:Nathan Xavier
    Health concerns: No all's well here
    Notes: He's a natural booby boy and a right little guts.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Name: #karen#
    DOB: 22.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 14oz (3580g), Length - 50.5cm Head - 34.5cm
    Babyname: Nathan John
    Health concerns: Talipes
    Notes: So far, so good - feeds and sleeps well

Catch up with your old thread HERE girls.

littlerigger Guest

Tanya,
    Ryan used to pull the same cranky faces when being wrapped. and squirm & grizzle but once he was wrapped up he slowly settled. the bum patting also works for us!

Tanya- no i dont think you can hurt him wrapping. DH was concerned i was hurting him wrapping so tightly to but it really seems to make a difference with his night sleep.
    When in syd i got my BIL to wrap him one night, he looked like a little cocoon it was very firm! but he slept great that night. last night Nixon slept from midnight - 8.30am and i think a good wrap had something to do with it. BUt Nixon is going on 3 months old so is starting to sleep better/longer during the night.

Ive just taken him to the MCHN.
    He weighed 3990g ( only up 310g in 3 weeks) (if he didnt do a huge spew in the car on the way there maybe he would have hit 4kg!
    Head was 37cm (up 1cm in 3 weeks)
    Length 55cm (up 2cm in 3 weeks)

so i am a bit dissapointed that he has not put on more, each time we go his growth seems to slow down. I know its because he chucks so much, so Im going to start trying to top him up when he has a bad chucking episode. I feel like a bad mother because i want my own time or enough time to get things done between his feeds rather then be topping him up again and again and just feeding all day long.

Good afternoon girls DH at home with a cold but he's not too bad, or feeling sorry for himself this time. He spent the morning doing jig-saws with Wade whilst keeping an eye on Niall asleep in his pram which allowed me to catch up on some sleep myself. Last night wasn't too bad but co-slept after 3am again which meant I didn't sleep deeply. I don't worry about squashing him, I worry about the blankets smothering him... but I figure light sleep is better than none. My best strategy for helping him settle when he is irritable is popping him in the pram (inside the house) which has a bassinette attachment and pushing that back and forth a little... the motion is really soothing and 8 times out of ten he'll calm down and drift off to sleep (especially if he's just had a bath/shower which always settles him of an evening). We used this technique with our other two as well. Helps them learn to relax and fall asleep without being held. If he doesn't settle I don't let him cry too long either, pick him up, cuddle, carry him around the house (he loves going in the pantry! a change of scene works wonders). Then try the pram again. He's feeding every 3 hours usually ATM... perhaps more frequently in the evening (I cluster feed to help him get really satisfied). My MCHN reminded me that most babies have 4 hours out of 24 that are unsettled at this age. Niall isn't unsettled for that long so I consider myself lucky.... although next week could be a totally different story!

After this morning's sleep I feel almost "caught up" with my sleep deposits... am going to have a really restful day today in preparation for tomorrow's outing with Verity and her friend into the city for some shopping. I'll leave Niall at home with DH and Wade.... hope DH's cold doesn't get worse... have been looking forward to doing this all week!

Lovely dark, rainy day here... I find that Wade sleeps better during his nap time on days like this although he's due to wake up soon.

Fiona: I do that pat pat thing too LOL but that starts later (when my babies are older) and I let them sleep on their tummies... it works wonders hey... and yep, I play soft classical music at the same time... and i also agree with the sling suggestion for dealing with an unsettled baby... you've got some good advice to start with here tulip I agree that swaddleing can really help for most babies but mine just don't like it at all because they've all liked to sleep with their hands near their mouths (Niall was born that way!) but their startle reflex doesn't wake them so that's lucky.

Ok... time for a quick cuppa before Wade awakes (he's actually the most "challenging" family member ATM).

Oh Nic! Sorry i missed your post... you're not a bad mum!!! It sounds like those weigh-ins are starting to worry you... please don't let them!!! Nixon will grow out of being so "chucky". After I feed Niall I wait until putting him down which helps a bit. I'm sure there would be lots of other mums in here with that problem... I can't be of much help... but please don't be so hard on yourself! Repeat after me: "These are the absolute HARDEST days" C'mon, you can do it...

Thanks, Bathsheba I've been a bit absent, but definitely keeping tabs on our Junies. I will repeat that mantra in my head all day today. i have been so disheartened - this BF'ing thing is my biggest challenge so far, probably ever in my whole life, second only to writing my Honours thesis!
    I had an appt with a maternal nurse today and I might not have to go to a clinic now, but we'll see how I go. She thinks the vasospasm is related to the attachment. She did help.
    DP spent his first night EVER on the couch, I was so upset but had to concentrate on feeding Oscar last night because he was so unsettled (most likely because I was!). Feeding=hurting, so I have to get out of that frame of mind, concentrate on my technique and RELAX. I just want to feed my little monster!! And he's so beautiful, I hate not being able to satisfy him because of not being able to keep him on for long due to the discomfort. But we'll get there. I just don't want to wish away this time when he's so little, waiting for when he's bigger and feeding is easier. I've used up quite a few tears. DP is frustrated and seems to think I should be able to pull my housekeeping weight already...but I just CAN'T! This BF'ing business is wiping me out, and on top of that I'm trying to get the attachment right.
    SO, I definitely hear the Junies who are having issues with night feeding etc - unfortunately, I do take some solace that none of us are alone in our experiences.
    In good news, my mum was very supportive about this when she called last night - could she be ...nah, I won't say it, just in case...

Thanks Bath you made me smile!
    I think to i am really getting over ppl telling me who small he is and "he's a newey" comments.
    I know its not their fault but i just feel that now he is almost 3 months old and well past his actual due date we can start getting somewhere.
    Even yesterday at the shops i had a few newborn comments. Last night we went to our friends who had their boy almost 2 weeks ago. he is a bit bigger then Nixon but to me he looks like a newborn where as Nixon doesn't. he smiles, has head control, looks around but i guess passes by don't see all that do they.....
    Its easy for the health nurses to say feed more frequently and top up between feeds but realisticly its a hard task! God imagine if Nixon was not my first! Then I don't know how I'd cope with it all!

Hi girls - just want to say congrats to all the new bubs and none of you are bad mums!

Matthew spent the first 48-72 hours of his life crying, DH stayed up with him all the time and just cuddled him. I Know its exhausting but its like they need the reassurance the time to adjust to this big scary world.

If you are after a sling, I recommend the hug-a-bub which Kelly sells through Bellyelly. They are amazing and can be used from birth. Bubs lies right next to mums/dads heartbeat so is very reassuring for them. I used to wear this with Matthew in it and have a snooze .

Ever since Matthew has been born I have not had a proper sleep. Even now he sleeps through, I think being mummy's we are subconciously thinking about them and listening out for them. You do get used to surviving on less than you are used to. But it does get better.

sorry IK missed your post. you should definatley not be worrying about house duties at this stage. you tell your DH to follow your pattern of feeding changing burping nursing for a 24hr period and c how he feels! but even then he could not really know how you feel. Breast feeding actually makes u tired. oscar is sucking all your good nutrients out of you & your left with dribs and drabs. all of my nails have broken, my hair looks and feels aweful, Nixon is taking all my good stuff.
    pls dont do what i did in the begining got myself stressed about not having things done or up to scratch.

as i type Nixon has just done 4 projectile vomits and still crying in pain.......oh i don't know what to do any more we've both got spew all over us constantly.

Hi ladies
    Nic- Try using a bit of Gaviscon, mum used it with me and I had reflux really badly!

I'm having a bad day! I just don't seem to fit in anywhere.I was definately a June Belly but then Patrick came and I ceased being June and became May! But the May babies are doing way more than what Patrick is doing.I just don't know!

going to sleep. no time
    Just wanted to say Jess you belong here and dont you go thinking otherwise!

Same goes for me, Jess!
    Going to bed now...first time going to bed before midnight...oh, and maternal nurse really helped with my attachment - today's feeding after the appt has not been traumatic or tear-inducing...

Hey girls
    We are all good mums, i think we're just sleep deprived... But im happy at that! Since Anneliese came home, i have to feed her every 3-4 hourly since she was so prem. But i dont care - she's home with me and that's all i care about! She barely leaves my side, and tonight will be her first outing - dinner with the BB vic restaurant club, which will be great fun as i havent done anything except look after the boys and go to the hospital since she was born!! She's 29 days today... i would've been 34w5d pg today, hard to believe i have a beautiful 4w old daughter when i should still have 5w left of my pg!! Anyway, off to bf again!

Hi all, looks like I am pretty lucky with Flynn - he is eating and sleeping well, settling in to a predictable 4-hour routine and putting on weight like a trooper.
    My problem is my personality and my relationship with DH - we had "issues" before but now that Flynn is here they are understandably magnified. They centre around the sort of person I am - I am a conflict avoider, deliberately act in a passive-aggressive manner, don't stand up for myself half the time and the other half go on the attack, and keep being snappy and *****y. I can't blame pg or BF on this - I was like this before. I really hate who I am at the moment and want to change, especially because I don't want Flynn to grow up with a mother like I had, but it is so hard to make wholesale renovations to your character!! Other problem is because we have been dealing with this for so long, DH is really over it and just wants be to change.
    I know this sounds like I am a browbeaten housewife but while there is fault on DH's side (and he and I both acknowledge it) this is really something that I have to change. Like Dr Phil says - you are responsible for your own behaviour and perception of the world.
    I know this sounds all glum - it's not really, but I just needed to vent. I am so ****ed off with myself at the moment

IK I really hope BF improves for you - good on you for working so hard! If you keep up the good work I promise you it will become the best part about caring for your newie. It is the one time I am totally sure Flynn is content and secure...

Bellasmum you are SOOO one of us - anyways in a few months time, a week or so will make no difference between our bubs - please stick around :-)

Nickers don't let the weight thing get you down - if Nixon is growing somewhat surely that is enough? I so empathise with the projectile vomit thing - our nephew did that and it is so hard to watch them be upset.

Bath, you seem to be coping so well with two little ones - what is the age gap b/w Niall and Wade? DH and I are thinking of trying for number 2 in december so could be working with an 18 month age gap

better go - will try and log on again soon, but getting in to the library between feeds to use the net can be a bit of a challenge

ciao bellas

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I want to smack everyone on the bum in here who even has any reason for thinking they are doing this parenting thing wrong!!! That is silly talk and I wont have it! These new little people we are raising dont come with a manual! They cant communicate with us except through crying and it is bloody hard work figuring out what, when and why with them! Now no more negative talk Mummys!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Nic, as for Nixon chucking constantly, I would suggest a top up with a formula fo babies with reflux. Every brand makes on and even though you mght not like the idea, trust me it COULD help. It did with Mia cos she was a very spewy baby to start with. I stunk of puke 24/7!

IK, your other half is lucky he isnt with me cos I would slap him for even suggesting that I do housework! My bubs are 6wks old and I only picked up a vacuum yesterday! Who cares if the house is messy! You are being the best mum you can by persevering with the breastfeeding so dont even think about cleaning!

Jess, mine are May bubs too but I went in there and hardly knew anyone so I bolted and came in here!!! I think they should re-name our thread
    "Babies who were MEANT to be born in June" !! What do yous reckon? Then we could all be together!

Simone, Hi I dont think we have met, how are you? Congrats on the birth of your little girl. She was pretty anxious to meet her mummy! Glad she is doing well!

Tulip, wrapping is great even though they dont SEEM to think it is. They will wriggle and squirm but in the end they DO like it because that is all they know from being so snug in the womb. Jack and Charlee grunt and groan when I put them down at night but soon settle and sleep very soundly and I really think this is because of the wrapping. Also, I really believe, (and this comes from the experience of being a second time mum), that putting babies down awake and letting them LEARN to put themselves to sleep is the way to go. With Mia I always cuddled her to sleep and when I put her down she would generally always wake up. As I dont have four arms I decided from hospital that the twins would be the opposite. It does take patience but it does get easier. If baby wont settle, gently stroking the forehead or tapping bottom usually does the trick. Just try a few things. you will be right sweety! I know how frustrating newborns can be! IVE GOT TWO!!! AAARRRGGHH!!! (runs screaming from the house!) just kidding....

Hi Bath, Jo, Karen, Rory, Ali, Enigma, Neeny, Nickel, Gabysmum, Amanda, Jaspen and anyone I may have forgotten!

Anyway I have to send my husband an e-mail cos I think he misses us! He is home in3 sleeps! WOOHOO!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Love Kel

#karen# Guest

Tanya - it can be so tough knowing what you should be doing. hopefully things will settle down once your milk is fully in.
    Nickers - don't be hard on yourself, looking after someone 24hrs a day is exhausting and we all need our breaks, even if it is just hanging out the washing. When you see housework piling up it can be very stressful. Wow what a big sleep Nixon had, I can't wait. We get about 3 hours sleep in between feeds.
    IK - I too feel pressure about housework, but physically can't do it all, bf'ing is exhausting.
    Bathsheba - I hope you had a good night sleep last night, I couldn't imagine heading off for the city, enjoy your day.
    Jess - I agree you belong with us.
    I have now joined the separated tummy muscle club. How are others coping with this and are you doing your exercises? I wonder how long it takes to recover.

Oh yeah forgot to add that we had the Child health Nurse appointment yesterday and Jack is a whopping 9pound and Charlee is a teeny weeny 6pd 14 ounces!

Nic, I too was worried that Charlee is too small but I think they will really take off soon! You just watch, he will double in size before you know it sweety!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast