Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #23

The fires are approx. 80 kms away from us. FAr enough away to not be a threat but close enough that you can smell the smoke and have it descend over you.

They have locked the thread over there on solids....lol

Its so darn hot, i went to put xander in his room, and because of the afternoon sun which beats directly onto that area, its boiling down there... i ended up covering the lounge with towels and put him on there. I had a bed set up next to my bed, but he just threw up all over that... its gotta end soon!!

eta - i noticed they locked the thread too... it was getting a bit out of hand, thats why i stopped posting. I said my bit, that was enough.
    Last edited by simone; December 5th, 2006 at 06:13 PM.

I'm going to use your anecdote, Bath, in the back of my mind when I compose this letter I will read at tomorrow's meeting. Still haven't decided if I'll pull the motion, but regardless, I will write this letter and read it out. I've also been thinking in terms of wider membership and appeal. Good one, thanks!
    Pity about the other thread. Sometimes there are people who 'put up their dukes' from the get go and assume everyone is throwing punches. It's unfortunate that people don't realise there is no need to be so defensive Usually, I have noticed, when someone starts to get defensive and/or derogatory and lashes out at others, that's when threads go pearshaped. I love BB because the moderators and admin insist on being respectful of other people's approaches to parenting and birth. BB seems to support my own agenda of empowerment and I'm more than happy to be pulled up by a moderator if I contravene the ethic of the site! So far, this has only happened once, so we'll see how my record goes over time LOL!
    Mmmm, stirfry the second time round is certainly a winner!

OMG i feel so nauseous... i think i may be getting the gastro the kids have got... i thought i escaped it. Sitting in bed on the laptop with a bucket... ewww

Bugger, Sim! Things are going to come good and when they do you will appreciate it that much more! Got any ginger? or suck on ice?
    Ice cream tonight... Ooh, that reminds me. I must use my Flybuys points to get that icecream maker...and then look up that breastmilk icecream recipe you were telling me about, Simone!
    No rain in tonight's change has been forecast. It could at least rain if it's going to get cooler!!
    No hard and fast plans for tomorrow, so I think I'll go see my horse - it's been weeks and weeks since my last visit (your penance is 3 hail mary's...) and chuck a light sheet over him to preserve his colour (so vain, but I love his liver chestnut colour before the sun bleaches it!).
    Eat more salad THEN think about icecream...

Simone - hope the bug doesn't get you! Keep that bucket handy - just in case. Hope I didn't offend you before with what I said - I get a bit over passionate about some things, sorry!

Bath - you and those martini's, they sound so good! I could go a nice fruity daquari right now, super cold. Hasn't cooled down much here - wish it would.

IK - you will make the right decision. Hope it all goes well. Ice-cream would be nice too, we have a Cold Rock ice-cream shop near here and it's very tempting!!!

Been going through all my catalogues (I love catalogue Tuesdays!!!) and marking off stuff for xmas. Target has a huge 48 page catalogue with lots of kids stuff on sale.

Howdy all - god it is hot! We have a/c but DH turned it off - think I will put it back on again.

Mel, well said!
    You don't need a man to make you a whole person. Use this time to focus on you and the kids and maybe find something that you really want to do.
    DH is so good - Flynn won't sleep (woke up with drenched sheets from sweating twice) so he has taken him for a walk in the pram to return some DVDs. Gosh I love him
    Last edited by Roryrory; December 5th, 2006 at 08:31 PM.

About to retire to bed with my Steven King novel... our bedroom is in the older/cooler part of the house fortunately. Just had a shower with Niall. Did the "Niall, ready, Go!" thing before dunking him under the water... i reackon i saw him squint this time... i say it nearly every shower... I meant to say Good on you Nic for getting Nixon so familiar and confident in the water... so that's Nixon and Oscar who have had the underwater experience... anyone else, sorry if I missed someone. And thanks Dee for the Santa photo compliment speaking of photos and showers: I found a series of photos of Wade as a small baby with me under the shower like the ones on Niall's website... talk about Deja vu! I'll post them soon on Wade's site... soooo similar!
    Simone: hope you feel better by morning and that by some amazing act of divine grace all your children sleep through the night!

Sweet dreams girls!

Good night ladies, I hope to hear from you all tomorrow.

Well, i had an absolutely rotten night. Xander is still sick, and threw up about 3 times last night, Anneliese kept kicking herself out of her wrap, and i didnt want to feed her (dont need to pass gastro on) so i gave her a bottle... she still woke up twice. I spent the night cuddled up to my bucket, my stomach is burning and my throat feels yuck from so much chucking... When are things going to get better for me?? (sorry, just feeling sorry for myself...)

IK - the bm recipe is in the food/recipes part of BB...

BBS... feeling bad again...

Just a quick one I've got DH to connect the old PC it's sooo slow, but it's just temporary.

Simone hope you feel better soon, nothing worse then having gastro, I'm glad you've made your decision about your relationship, it will all work itself out in the end, you'll see and one day you will meet the right man for you.

hugs xoxo

Thanks amanda

Where's everyone hiding today?? Im just cruising ebay, trying to find king single sheets for xanders bed... cant wait until i can afford a new bed for him!! get a normal single bed, sheet are much cheaper...

Morning Girls,

How beautiful is it outside, so nice and cool! Quiet day for me today, Chelsea is at kinder and I use this day to do my housework. Marley is in bed so I will get stuck into it.

Simone - sorry to hear you got the bug too! There was a big news story about a milk recall and it has been recalled due to it causing a gastro bug! Maybe you guys drank it? I didn't catch all the brands affected but I heard them mention Safeway brand and one of Pura's. Been trying to check the web to see if I can find it. The new year is not far away - hang in there and the new year will be a new beginning for you.

Rory - DH is so sweet - would have been a beautiful night for a walk last night.

Might quickly read the paper, then start housework! Will pop back later.

Oh crap. Was the long life milk affected?? i've been using that lately, as we arent drinking a lot of milk... I thought it may be weird, as noone else i know had gastro in the last month or so, or has it now...

I checked it out, apparently its only NSW AND ACT but how else would i get gastro??

Good morning

Simone: gastro can be easily transmitted by simply touching a surface such as a door handle that another sufferer has touched. For example: you might visit MacDonalds, buy some chips, open the door to exit, eat a chip without washing your hands and in pops the bug. If your immune system is already weak then the bug will multiply and you have gastro. If your system is strong then your body will produce enough white blood cells to eliminate the bug. Stress makes an immune system weak. Best advice is to drink heaps of water to flush it out of your system. Hope you feel better soon darl.

gotta get back to it... being a very good FlyLady today!

I thought back if it did happen to affect vic, i bought safeway brand milk last week, i went in to grab nappies and grabbed milk on the way out. Grrr... going to call the hotline on the way out (damn dial up)

Just relaxing with some weak tea, havent put anything into my belly since yesterday morning. Sooo hungry, but dont want to risk being sick again... will wait until later to think about food...

Morning all!
    Oscar woke up on the right side of the bed again - all smiles, he is ridiculous!
    Simone, I would have thought it would be even safer to BF Anneliese because the milk comes straight out of a safe environment, whereas formula/EBM preparation gives germies plenty of opportunity to get into her system. Now, I'm no authority on it, but that's what I would have thought to begin with...I might check that out. Especially as BM is full of white blood cells that formula isn't and it could be the perfect barrier against gastro for her? The less exposure her food has to a gastro environment, the better, is my line of thinking on that one
    Another good night's sleep for us - this co-sleeping caper is a winner!
    This house has retained a nice amount of heat and it's quite pleasant in here. Wonder what it's like outside...
    Just found the most disgusting thing. There was a fly in my olive oil spread...it's been there a while and there where either fly or other insect tracks on the surface, eewww! DP has a bad habit of making himself toast all day long and leaving the container lid off. This HAS to stop! It was new, too, so the whole lot just got thrown out, grrrr.
    Well, better eat my toast while Oscar is happy on the floor and not needing seeing to...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast