Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #23

Default Babies Born June 2006 #23

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found HERE

I am first this time - never been first before LOL!!!!

Rory - read your DH's post, what a sensible well read piece of advice. You should keep him LOL!!!!

Nic - what a busy weekend you have got lined up and it's going to be a really hot weekend. 37 Sat and 32 Sun! We have got a party at Chesterfield farm on Saturday in 37 heat, all the animals will be hiding in the shade!!!

Bath - I totally agree with you about Verity's room, I remember having to do my room at that age. I ask Chelsea to help with her room, even just little things like helping me put away clothes or tidying her shoes (which she just keeps throwing in her room!). I am not her slave LOL!!!! Must be the day for blaster poo as I had one yesterday and one just now! Straight up the back YUCK!!! And they stink really bad (formula poo is not nice!!!), it's only going to get worse once the solids start.

IK - whats the weather tomorrow? I haven't seen a report yet? Scorcher weekend, not good for the volunteers. Keep fingies crossed they wont get called out. Has your sister got her parcel yet? Don't know how long things take to NZ.

Mel - I was wondering myself about that pesky parcel! She would have told me if she had it yet, so I guess later this week she'll get it. The farm should be fun in the heat - that place is just sitting in an area with no hills to shade the sun! Sounds like a nice day out, though. The forecast is for 33 degrees with a northerly, so very dry.
    Bath - agreeing with Mel about Verity and her room. We made our own beds and tidied our own rooms and that was that. If we did it particularly well, we'd get 'stars' and depending on how many were accrued would determine the quality of the prize (once we both scored Cabbage Patch dolls! But we had to wait for ages to get those). It was just a given, as my mum last made our beds before I can even remember!
    Had a nice lunch with GF today, was a good catch up. She's in another brigade and is preggers.
    I think I'll go to the pool tomorrow. DP will be out of the area, so if I stick around then I may be of some sort of use at the fire station, if needed.
    Rory, I'm going to look for you DH's post now...

Bath I agree Kailen makes his bed and Lockies and Wyatt's beds as well and he's only 6, Lockie also helps with cleaning the yard and room, was with Wyatt, so it's not unreasonable to expect Verity to help out with the up keep of her room. Also with the parents of those kids, my X friend the one that I had problems with spoke to her kids the same way and it annoyed the crap out of me, like last year at xmas with the tree she just let her 2 yr old take things off the tree and near on push it over, was not happy Jan as I was teaching Wyatt not to touch and she let her do what ever she wanted to do. Sorry my rant over now, but I agree you have to let the children know that you are serious when you say NO or don't touch and not to interupt (which my boys still do sometimes, but hey who's perfect ).

Rory I think your DH put it really well, well done to him.

Well Wyatt is not going to bad, he doesn't mind sitting on the toilet, he's just not done anything yet, but ah well, he had a little accident wee wise but as soon as he started he stopped just as quick and told me so he's got the idea that he should do it on the floor, just need to get him to do it in the loo. Should be to long before he gets it.

hugs xoxo

Oh, crap, Amanda So, it really is all over with your friend? I do remember having that discussion. Good boy, Kailen on being a little domestic god!
    Hey, I also hope you and DH can ride out this little 'weather pattern' - Christmas is not a good time to be having these things lurking in the background.
    Simone, how's it going? As much as it's good towel-drying weather, I hope you didn't have to do it yourself!

IK the only thing that goes on between the other lady and I is pleasantries (sp) at school other wise we don't see or speak to each other. As for DH and I, we will get over it Ijust need him totalk more openly about his feelings, as he thinks that I'm the one making him unhappy and I'm unhappy cos he's a bit over bearing with the kids some times which makes me the baddie for saying that they are just kids and let them be for a while if they're not hurting each other then let them be loud. Oh it'll work itself out hopefully.

Simone as the others have said get H to help out with the towels and kids, but a broken wrist out does been sick sorry.

hugs xoxo

I use the Green Aldi ones, the print on them is nice huh! bought some today actually went to my shops that have an Aldi along with safeway/coles etc so get everything at once.
    Yeah i saw 37 of sat, actually hoping it drops a few degrees from now until then! Sun would be better in the park if not so hot, MUST remember the areo gaurd!!
    just finished wrapping some pressies now they sit under the tree.
    made calamari & chips for dinner, easy and yum (the only seafood both dh & i eat)

IK - sounds like you had a great day. Pool sounds like a good idea - I might take Chelsea to movies and ask MIL to look after Marley.

Amanda - Kailen sounds like such a good helper. It's important that boys learn to do things for themselves, otherwise they grow up and can't do a thing (my DH was like that, his mum did everything until I came along LOL!!!!). Wyatt will catch on soon at least he worked out how to stop it midstream! Even I couldn't do that (not anymore!).

Nic - your tree must look even better with pressies under it! My DH is calamari crazy, loves it and so do I. Don't forget the sunscreen too!! Aeroguard is a must at the moment, flies are shocking!

Ate too much for dinner!!! Couldn't be bothered cooking so ordered Thai. Red curry prawns and pad thai noodles YUMMM. Got out Chelsea's old Fisher Price outdoor swing for Marley to use. It bolts to our decking roof, put her in and she loved it! Chelsea was even pushing her (a bit too hard at first LOL!!). Will leave it out there now and it will be handy when I hang out washing etc. Have also started to clean out Chelseas wardrobe (big mistake), there is crap everywhere and a huge pile for the op shop another pile for ebay. I have that much stuff to list with ebay, I might have to do it in 2 lots!

Any Nip/Tuck fans? It's back tonight at 9.30.
    Last edited by MelS; December 4th, 2006 at 06:48 PM. Reason: added stuff

evening ladies!!

Bath - LOL at your Blaster Poo, thats great, i think ill use that one!

Mel - Yay for being first! Cant say im a huge Nip/Tuck fan but i do like Julian so i might have to watch!!

Well, i havent tried the Bonjella yet, he seemed to go down without too much of a fight, the poor little thing, there is nothing worse than knowing they are in pain and not being able to do anything about it. Oh well, at least i had one good week with a NORMAL child!!

Are any of you Melbourne ladies near the fires? i heard there were 120 burning or something like that. I hope none of you are near them!!!

Yes I love Nip/Tuck, but I missed the last episode of last season. What happened? Your dinner sounds nice Mel. Nic I love calamari as well. We're having roast chicken peices and roast potato and sweet potato and peas and corn.

hugs xoxo

Amanda - last session cliff hanger had the serial killer who wore the freaky mask who was going around injecting people to paralyse them, then slashing their faces (can't you tell this is a soapie LOL!!!). The last thing they had on was Julian being tied to a bed, then he looks up and sees the freaky mask then tries to scream but can't. You then hear the sound of a slashing blade and see blood - did it get him, I don't think so!!! Julian is such a big spunk, you'll have to watch Dee, it' just so trashy but I love it.

Dee - we were going to Mt Hotham after Xmas (friends have a lodge up there) but a fire is burning up there and they think it will burn over the whole summer! There goes our holiday!! Might have to look for an alternative.

Not sure if i told you guys or not that at Saturdays swimming class Nixon went under the water for the first time! DH caught a great pic of it, just uploaded it on the website.

Nip/tuck- what season are we up to? I loved the 1st one but think there was a 2nd one that i didnt get into as much. I like all the summer season shows. I am hoping Third Watch comes back on soon (my favourite!

No fires near me thank goodness, but it is meant to be very hot tomorrow and they are worried about all the fires so pray the winds are not tomorrow ontop of the heat.
    Yumm Thai! Pad Thai is our fav Thai food too!
    Last edited by nickers; December 4th, 2006 at 08:03 PM. Reason: I cant spell... (no not drunk again!)

Yep, forecast is for the dreaded northerly - it's all we need, more fuel dried out by a northerly! The fires are not in a good spot, either - very inaccessible terrain. I can hear them now - "waiting for Bass Strait to stop this fire"...just like 2003...

Mel thanks for that I can't wait we still have an hour and a half not fair lol. Julian is such a hottie mmm loved him in Charmed as well, nice buff bod.

Nic I agree on Third Watch can't wait, love Bosco mmmm.

hugs xoxo

OK, feeling left out - I DON'T WATCH TV!!!
    Gonna check on my meat, if it's defrosted then I'm going to start on this stir fry...
    Oscar is content shimmying around the floor for now, he's way too cute

Nic - Well done Nixon, the earlier they start going under the better. Just saw the photos, he looks like he loves it. He is such a cutie and I love his little chubby face!! Just noticed the photo of you, DH and Nixon - what a great family photo (you look beautiful). Also noticed you and I have very similiar glasses and you wear them in the water. How does that go? I am lucky that I am not too blind and can go without wearing them in the water. Sometimes when I get out of the shower, Marley looks at me, curls up the bottom lip and cries until I put my glasses on!!! She then smiles as if to say "Ah, its you!!" Nip/Tuck I think 3rd season?

Amanda - poor thing! It wont be long. As I've mentioned to you before, I am a big Charmed fan and Julian looked very buffed LOL!!! It's back on tomorrow at 9.30 (I think or is it 8.30?). I have a soft spot for Leo (and Chris - the older one) but not sure if he is still in it.

#karen# Guest

Oh I saw that last episode of nip/tick and now I've missed tonight, should have logged on earlier.
    Nic - wow just saw the pics, how was Nixon when he came up?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast