Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #25

Back online, yay! Not for long, though. I've got to see if I can squeeze in visiting my GF with Christmas presents and then the Daylesford Club at 8.
    Car has been serviced (need new tyres, but I knew that, and the radiator needs a good flush - either DP or I can do that), XXX done (whilst holding Oscar, who refused to sleep until we pulled up in the driveway just now), nappies folded, more washed, now I need to drink some more water, and see about hooking up the VCR so that I can dub old stuff onto tapes from the camcorder and free up tapes for Oscar filming. Somehow I don't think I'll achieve all of this in one day.
    Simone - meant to call you today, but the time just didn't materialise! Might try again for tomorrow morning... As for the kittens, you could surrender the kittens to a shelter when they are old enough, kittens usually find homes quicker than older cats. You could always terminate the pregnancy, too, and get her spayed while you're at it. It would be cheaper than feeding who-knows-how-many kittens for who-knows-how-long, and would be kinder on them if you can't find homes for them. If you want her to have them, then advertise them now at vet clinics in your area (avoid the Free To Good home advert in the paper scenario, cos you're probably better off aborting them, as you can never know what kind of sicko they could end up with, or just careless people who would think that keeping a kitten is as easy as getting one for free IYKWIM). I would maybe offer them for a nominal fee of about $20 in the paper (if you go the paper route, but I'd advise against that, too; however, putting a price on them will give the prospective owners some kind of sense of value of the kitten), or FTGH at the vet. But my biggest advice would be to surrender them to a shelter. You get charged a surrender fee at some places, but it's only fair, as they will have to foot the bill completely, otherwise, to feed them until they are homed (adoption fees are never indicative of how much shelters spend on each animal). If you're wondering about the detail I've gone into here, well, I volunteer for the Vic Animal Aid and I have heard too many stories of poorly homed FTGH animals. It really is kinder to destroy these animals early to save them the trauma. Also, I'd spay your cat after she's had the litter - kinder to her, too. It's a simple op and they recover SO quickly from it these days (I did work experience at a vet clinic when I was 15, and was volunteering at the shelter vet clinic last year - pre-pregnancy - and the difference in recovery times, and also the procedure itself, is remarkable!). I'm not a cat person, as such, but I am a bit passionate about responsible pet ownership! Hence the volunteering, I'm hopeless!
    Oh, and your situation is only a 'trap' if you want it to be. You do have a choice. And this does not mean that one of those choices is easy. It means that one of those choices is better for you and the kids and WILL get easier. I've got a saying (here we go ) : "When you make a choice, you choose a set of consequences". You choose to stay, you choose to remain in misery and 'under control'. You choose to leave, you choose a better life with more positive influences on yourself and the kids, and possibly a longer life span. You HAVE a choice - you just need to see it
    Mel - can you finish the shopping online LOL? Sounds like you're having a lovely afternoon! I need to find a couple of hours this week to watch Neverending Story...that Oscar (read: me, so my GF says) got yesterday for Christmas!
    Amanda - I thought I might have clicked over to TeenRager at 650 posts. Could well be wrong, but keep posting and we'll see! Poor little pumpkin, Cody I really hope he improves in the next 24 hrs.
    Bath - GREAT avatar! I noticed it this morning, but didn't get a chance to post.
    DP is still away and not sure when he gets back - tonight or tomorrow. I think his picture is in the paper, doing a backburn. He texted me to buy The Age today and I looked through it to see why. On page 5 there are two stories. One of them has a pic of Lex Wade, who will transfer to my brigade soon (he's a funny little garden gnome man who is a guru of wildfire firefighting!), but I don't think DP would get me to buy the paper just cos Lex is in it. SO, this leads me to believe that the tall guy doing a backburn in Gippsland is DP. Especially as this is what he is doing and where he is doing it...I'll find out when he gets back. It's hard to pick someone out when they are on their side, wearing a helmet, goggles and you can't see their name on the back of the hat...
    Anyway, I"m going to try to wax the rest of me...dont' know how long this boy will sleep for...so not going to have time to do the camcorder thing...
    ETA: everyone posted while I was typing! Mel, all this Maccas talk has given me a craving for Hungry Jacks...I hardly every get them! But my belly has actually been a bit achey, and I've been a bit gassy (well, I normally am LOL, but this time it's uncomfortable) and I dont' think I should chance it to put that sort of thing in my belly...pity, I could really go a whopper!

Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; December 18th, 2006 at 04:21 PM.

hey IK i was looking into getting her steralised when i realisedshe was preggers. Going to get her done after. Going to see if i can find her kittens homes with lovely BB ladies. I think she's over halfway through her pregnancy, so i dont want to abort it now. Im not a cat person, but Matisse is just beautiful, a prefect family cat. Cant wait to see her kittens!! Going to ask around family and friends soon as well. Must get Matisse checked at the vet, and find out her edd...

Yeah, you'd probably find homes for all of them on here I hope you do. I'm probably like you, I like certain cats once I know them, and I like them as far as they are animals and I just respect most animal life (not the 's' word cousin of snails, though, sorry - although I would never even touch one to end its life, so I guess they are safe, too!). I would, however, like a Cornish Rex or Tonkinese, as I'm pretty sure I'm not allergic to those breeds! Also, Matisse is such a great cat name

Thanks IK, DH wanted to call her cocaine - as she's pure white, and calling her coke for short because she was found under a coke machine. Its pretty funny, but Matisse is a french name (well, im pretty sure of that) and Matisse is such a regal cat, its perfect for her!!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi gals,
    hope you are all well and ready for Xmas! I'm on holidays at my folks place in Yamba (or near there) and it has been wonderful. Mum & Dad take Ally at 6am so we can sleep in, (I told DH they just want another grandchild - LOL)... I'm OK, had my face lasered for some suspicious cancer cells and my face has now got infected, so I have a HUGE seeping red scaby thing on my face about 5cm in diameter and have to get antibiotics.. I'm a tad upset as Ally's blessing is this sunday as I'm going to look terrible... I am a tad annoyed as I paid $350 to have it done by a plastic surgen so I would not scar and now I look like this... Oh well...

Simone - oh that is so cool that your cat is having babies... I wonder how many she will have?
    IK - have you tried laser hair removal? I had it done and it is great... I did it twice and I have only about 1/5 the hair on my bikin line now and it only costs $150 per session...

Hey CC - Wow, that sounds sore... But im sure it will clear up a little by sunday. Sending lots of recovery vibes your way... not sure how many babies my cats having... She's been very quiet today, just laying under the boys bed.

Where is everyone??

Morning girls - poor Flubby had a temperature last night - up to 39.9 at one point. He was ratty all day yesterday but at about 8.30pm he was real hot but NOT sweaty so we did the cool bath face washer on body thing. We gave him booby, water and panadol and then set the alarm to wake him up every 2 hours for a cool down session. Strange thing is he was not exhibiting any other symptoms - no runny nose or sore ears, and thankfully no rash or stiff neck! This morning he and I slept in til about 9.30 and he was ok for a while but then quickly deteriorated into a screaming mess. Luckily the temp hasn't come back but he is not himself at all. He is missing out on his 6m immunisations because of this but I wonder if he got wind of it and is putting it on

Love my DH - not only was he great last night with Flynn (bathing, cuddling and face-washering) but now he is photoshopping some photos of the 3 of us that we will use as chirssy presents for the grandparents. He has got rid of my double chin!! If he can do stuff like that as a hack, imagine what the professionals to to shots of models.

Rory, your a liar.... You dont have a double chin you duff!!! You're gorgeous, DH doesnt need to photoshop you... (only that black eye!!)

Hope Flynnie Settles down today, i think Anneliese has a tooth coming too, just unsettled and her nappies are ponging!!

Must add - DH is only photoshooping the pics at MY request!! He is actually unconfortable about doing it cause he is worried I will think he thinks there is something wrong with how I look.

Like you said Bath - he's a keeper!

(PS: Simone, you're right - nothing wrong with how I look except for the BLACK EYE!! D'oh!!)

It will be gone soon... You could've at least been drunk when you did it!! I've taken to telling people i was on a night out and fell over, i feel like an idiot telling them i tripped over a toy!!!

(I shouldnt preach about photoshop, DH is a whiz on it and i always get him to "modelfy" my pics (make me look like a model!!) He does it, only as i ask him too, but keeps the original.

Wonder where Bath and IK are today??

Hi guys... just back from the bank family Chrissy Party in at 100 Queen St. They had Santa and photos, craft activites, party food and gifts... all very fun. Afterwards we went to MC (how can we NOT go there to see Wade's beloved clock) and Borders, handroll then home... the usual friday routine. Going to get stuck into domestic duties this afternoon.

Hiya CeeCee! Ouchy face! Hope it heals quickly. I've been wondering about laser hair removal... my pain thresh-hold is falling as I get older and can hardly use my epilady now without turning inside out with pain... it actually never use to bother me too much... wonder why this is? Anyone else had it done? I know it's only a reduction... but that would be ok.

Gotta feed Niall now... back later.... Hiya Simone and Rory!

Hey bath - re: body hair, most of mine stays where it is these days, except on special occasions. I feel like a french hippy some days... but i just cant be bothered. And when i can its just a quickie XXX, legs and underarms (although my underarms is something i do pretty regularly anyway. the hairs on My legs are blonde and thin and i barely notice them anyway... maybe way// I used one of those epilady things when i was about 15 and it hurt for me then!! never tried again...

Sim: LOL at French hippy chick!!! hahaha... but true, body hair removal isn't something I stress over too much either as DH prefers me to look like a woman not a child... but as my hair is almost black it's not as easy to miss as yours... so I keep the legs and underarms done. Would like my bikini line neatened via laser so that I can wear bikinis although I actually quite like the old fashioned styles (eg 1950's) that make life easier in that regard!

uh oh... Niall has been over stimulated... needs hugs... back later!

ETA: I don't mean to offend Junies who like to get all their hair removed I was just saying what my DH prefers... all guys are different... however sometimes I do get annoyed with some men who expect women to endure the pain of regular hair removal when they themselves couldn't endure it. I know my DH squawks when i pluck out an uruley eyebrow of his (sometimes they grow in the wrong direction and need to come out)... so it's just as well that he doesn't expect me to have my whole body plucked for his pleasure.... sorry, but i think I've endured enough physical discomfort and pain in the name of beauty and childbearing... off my soapbox now LOL

Ali: I've felt a bit bad that I wasn't able to "come up with the goods" regarding a Chrissy Pudding recipe... but I confirmed that there is an excellent looking recipe for last minute puddings on Delia Smith's website.... the Light Pudding recipe looks great. Just google Delia Smith and it'll take you straight there.

Bath - LOL at the "get all their hair removed". I would need a permanent booking to get rid of all of it - some days I feel like Hairy McLairy from Donaldson's Dairy!!!
    I am a bikini, lip, eyebrow and leg girl myself (as in bikini is BAD if I don't get it done, I grew a 'mo' for Movember!, I naturally have one eyebrow and my legs are pretty hairy). DH says he doesn't mind but I certainly do! Though when I was pg I couldn't even see my bikini line so didn't bother then - LOL!

Good to hear Rory... and Sim, you both make me feel a bit more "normal"... some days it seems like every woman on earth except me is spending half their time at hair removal salons (i've never been to one) and I'm wondering if I really am just out-of-touch and ought to strive to be more groomed or something but honestly i've got more things to spend my money on! I really don't mean to offend anyone because we all have our own idea of what's comfortable in terms of our appearance ( I do my face too when needed) but when it's just for our men... geeze that's another story.... I take my man how he is... i expect the same in return.... although, come to think of it he feels compelled to shave his face... so we don't expect each other to be totally au naturel. Oh and LOL at Hairy McLairy!!!

LOL at the Movember rory!!

Bath - even though i do have 2 childfree days per week, i prefer to spend them doing something better than getting bits of hair ripped out of my body!! The last time i had my hair done was in Perth in sept, and only as my sister's a hairdresser!! Cant remember the time before that... prolly before i fell pg with Anneliese!!

Bath it was me after the Chrissy Pudding recipe and there is really no need to stress about it- i have decided to by pass chrissy pudding and make sticky date puddings instead ( i have a treid and tested recipe that is just glorious). I have been on Delia's website and found a great sausage roll recipe that I am going to give a go because my dad loves home made sausage roll ad Mum doesnt have time to make them. I am also making Pavlova, and Shortbread/ fruit mince slice which I tested on DH the other day and is really great. So really no need to worry, I will get myslef organised a bit earlier next year and make my pudding at the beginning of Dec.

And then you'll be able to pass this recipe along bath, as it will be tried and tested!! I'm tryingto find one with lots of nuts as well as fruit, my sisters bf's mum makes this amazing one but wont give out the recipe...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast