Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #25

Default Babies Born June 2006 #25

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found HERE

Just posting so I receive email notifications

hi everyone,

just a quick one from me, been busy getting everything organised for bbq tonight and also trying to pack as we leave tomorrow arvo.
    I dont think anyone could have given better advise to you Jess, i dont know what else i could say that Bath didnt already.

Nixon had his 8months check up yesterday
    Stats were
    8.6kg (1.3kg in 2months)
    length, 70cm (3cm in 2 months)
    hc: 43.8cm (1.8cm in 2 months)
    so slowed down but making good progress.

,m g ,jnjm
    Nixon thought he would like to say a few words also!

ok better keep going DH gone to pick up this client, oh by the way is from london not LA like i thought!
    if i dont jump on b4 i go tomorrow i'll try to get on in sydney b4 chrissy.
    bye for now

Me too, posting so I can keep up with my lurking! Finished my Christmas shopping...I think! DP gets stuff for his trip down the Snowy, but he says that's ok Got my last things at the Gembrook market, after having done some purchases at the Kallista market. DONE!! Now, when to wrap them...gotta hang nappies out (DP was supposed to do that for me) then get the hell out of here again...

Hiya Mel, Ik, Nic... just feeding Niall rice cereal at the moment. He insists on trying to hold and suck the spoon so it's a long drawn out process and very messy. Very different to Wade who I recall just sat there and opened his mouth like a baby bird. Verity was a messy eater too... Wade was obviously the exception rather than the rule! I'm wondering whether i might try overcooking some white rice instead of buying packaged rice cereal... I've read that this is acceptable... you mix it with EBM or formula. Just need to keep costs down without compromising quality.

back after the clean up shower...

Nic - Nixon did very well at his checkup, a healthy growing boy! If I don't get a chance tomorrow, have a great trip up to Sydney and have a great time. Will no doubt touchbase before Xmas.

IK - well done with getting chrissy shopping finished! I am one of those late xmas shoppers who does the midnight run LOL!!!! Never learn my lesson from year to year. Hope DP has a safe trip away and doesn't stay away for too long. Love the new photo of Oscar, way too cute!

Bath - Chelsea was like Wade, a rather clean eater! Marley just isn't that keen, so going to leave it for a few days and try again. I'm not in any hurry and neither is she by the looks of things.

DH didn't arrive home until 6pm and left again for work at 8.30pm! Had the 4 kids basically on my own! Thank god he was home for bath time. They have been very good, apart from Chelsea fighting over sharing her things. She is very possesive, so she better watch out when Marley gets old enough to steal her things. Babies have been excellent, the have woken at separate times luckily. All of them are in bed and only one more to feed soon! I am glad I don't do this every day. Off to another party tomorrow morning, 1 year old breakfast party, starts at 9.30am in Black Rock! I have ironed everything as I will have to get myself moving early. DH can't make it as he only arrives home from work at 7am and usually goes straight to bed. Can't wait for him to start his holidays!

Catch you all tomorrow!

Bath- I was just wondering if you have a good chistmas pudding recipe that you wouldnt mind sharing. I am in charge of deserts for christmas day and I havent found a good recipe for chrissy pudding yet!

Bath thankyou for your honesty. I will talk to you about it later. We are up at mums for a couple of days, so can't chat but love to you all. Shingles is still very painful though.

Hiya Mel and Ali, I've been out most of the day shopping too, but not for gifts... for the first time ever I'm organised in that department! There's always next year Mel! Sounds like you had a dream run with the babies too! Good work Hope you enjoy the party at Black Rock... it's been ages since I've been down way. Your DH sounds like he needs a nice long break too... how long are his hols? Ali: I'm using Delia Smith's VERY traditional Christmas Pudding recipe for the first time this year... it's basically the original recipe used 100+ years ago... calls for stout beer and bread crumbs (amongst other things) so I can't really recommend it until i've tried it... it's currently maturing in my 'fridge still wrapped in calico (it's meant to mature in a cold dark place for up to a month before Christmas). I'm fascinated by very old recipes... love following them but this recipe might not be your cup of tea so to speak. I find that the Women's Weekly always have reliable modern versions of old favourites and they were all in a recent edition of the magazine too. I don't know where the recipe came from that I've been using up until this year... it used to be my mum's and it's just a clipping from an old newspaper and it's in imperial measurements so I'm reluctant to pass it on as I've only ever used it as a rough guide, never followed it %100.... I play around with recipes all the time too. But as I said the Woman's Weekly is reliable... or you could try Delia Smith's web site and use her modern pudding recipe (she has several versions of Chrissy pudding) her recipes are always highly reliable too. Good luck, sorry i wasn't able to be of much use! If I was you I'd find a basic one and just add the things you like (maybe a bit of ginger... maybe dates as a part of the fruit component, that's something i sometimes like to try)... you can't really go wrong if you follow the right liquid/fruit/flour/fat ratios.

And yes it's bath time in this house too... wouldn't it be great to have a bath at waist height???? I am so sick of having to bend over all the time... I swear that if we ever design our own home that's one thing I'm going to try for: a raised bath!

ETA: Hiya Jess... sorry once AGAIN we posted at the same time... great minds think a like! LOL look forward to seeing you during the week.

Hello ladies, im BAAAAACK!!! Our modem died in our computer, and as it was an internal one, it was going to be pricey to replace, so we took it as a sign that it was time to upgrade to ADSL!!! So it doesnt take me 5 mins to upload a page now *sigh*

Not much going on here, Anneliese is lactose intolerant so on soya formula (all the "gastro" we thought she had?? Not gastro!!) and still not on solids. The boys are just being themselves, little ratbags. Had a quiet weekend, had a great day with Annie and Rory on friday, rory and i met up again to take the kids to Santa in the park on saturday in Niddrie, then i had the kids on my own, as dh was working, setting up the Robbie Williams concert. he reckons the stage is amazing... the little screens everywheer are works about 1.3mil on their own...

Had such a go at Dh, he just wont let me sleep in!! He says he works hard during the week and deserves a sleep in on the weekends, but i wanna know... when do i get a lie in?? He slept in until 10am yesterday, then got up and went to work, and today whinged when Declan got up at 6am. So he kicks me outta bed. He says when i get a real job, ill deserve a sleep in then... Im just feeling so frustrated lately. Maybe because i;ve been havign withdrawls

Be back on later, Dh is being really stupid about this net thing, has put a password on and i can only do when i've done enough chores, and we havent fought... i feel like im living with my parents again... Not going to attempt personals, way too much to catch up on...

Missed ya all!!!!

Hey eveyone, bit late getting in today!

Bath - party was great. Such a great idea doing a breakfast party. They had sep food for kids and adults. Beautiful smoked salmon/cream cheese bagels, finger sandwiches and ham/cheese croissants, plus champagne and orange juice, fresh fruit, danishes, muffins. My GF gets most of it catered for so just picks up the food in the morning. Kids had good stuff, fruit, cereal, juice, raisen toast. Lots for them to do, lots of kids to play with and we were home by 1pm! DH has holidays until mid January, thank god! I have got so many things around the house to do, he'll be busy!!!

Simone - so glad you are back!! Tell DH to pull his head in, motherhood is a real job! Wonder if he would swap places with you and be a SAHD! Don't think so! Bit unfair that he restricts your use of the computer - try to change that one. Would have loved to see Robbie! They have been giving concert a really good review.

Today after the party, just came home and did some more cleaning up and read the paper. Was naughty and ordered pizza for dinner!

Im so mad... he just told me he wants to get on, its his computer so he can dictate when im allowed on it... he better buck up, i've had enough...

Feeling so wrecked after the weekend, but it was all spent in good company!
    Mel - glad the kids worked out well!
    Bath - my mum used to make a lovely Christmas cake that took months to prepare...wonder where she put that recipe...we scored it off an old neighbour who passed it to her.
    Simone - Everything you posted about your H has made me sick to the stomach. My mum has actually managed to teach me a thing or two and of the things I choose to retain, one of them is this saying: "That which you accept, you teach". Meaning that if you put up with it, you are telling that person that it is ok to be like that. The only thing he respects is his own sense of power...yeah, good one - power over a tired mother of three young babies in a state where she has no family, what a big man. And somehow, SOMEHOW, it's YOU who has to promise to give counselling a go?? Why do YOU have to jump through hoops??
    Anyway, I've had my rant and I have to get this very tired boy and mummy to bed.
    Goodnight!

Morning IK, one day i will get out of this trap...

Well, not much going on here, no car today, kids at daycare (cept Xander, who's eczema caused him to be up and scratching most of the night - he's drawn blood on some spots. All over his body, neck down) So should be cleaning the house, but mad at dh, so gonna stick it up him.

I just realised my cats preggers!! I found her last friday, under a coke machine at airport west. The next day her belly started to swell, so i googled cat pregnancy, and she's got all the symptoms... she's about 5 weeks only i reckon, about 4-5w to go... wish we have pg's like cats!!

Wow, very quiet in here today... where is everyone?? Its just me, Xander and Matisse at the moment, xander's laying down watching spongebob squarepants, and me and Matisse are researching her upcoming labour. Need to know everything possible!!

Bath- I understand not wanting to recommend a reciepe you havent tried, plus I dont think the 7 days between now and christmas would be long enough for it anyway. I will check out the Womans Weekly. Let us know how it turned out I will be interested to hear.
    Mel- That sounds like a glorious breakfast, making me hungry right now...mmmmm

Simmone- Sorry to hearthat you are still having a rough time, lets hope 2007 brings you a much better year.

Anyway off for my final assualt on the shops before christmas, hopefully I dont have to go back after today, I hate shopping in crowds at christmas.

Howdy all - quick one from me cause I am behind in my house work (as opposed to work work) cause Flynn and I slept in till 9.30am!!! Howdy all, and Simone I got your SMS but don't know how to reply! Plus DH has the phone today - he is in at uni working on his masters thesis - so my reply is "thank YOU! "

will type more later - must wash floors now while boy is asleep - my feet are sticking to it in places!!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast