Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #27

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    Rory - that sounds amazing.. I may use your list for a base for mine! Thanks!!!!

IK - glad you trip was great, and Oscar is so much fun!

Baths - I think your Christening sounds wonderful - (I'm at my Mums house and she asked what I was doing on the PC so I told her about this site and read out your post to her - she said you sound "loverly" he hee)...

Jess - awwww.... ouch... huge hugs to you darling...

Oh, and Baths is right about the things falling from walls, my friends 2 yo pulled a chest of draws down on herself and was 2mm from losing an eye but is now unfortunately permanently disfigured, so sad... hopefully plastic surgery will help when she is older?

Hello to everyone I forgotten...

Me: I'm still on vacation (yes, I've been here for one month now!) just having fun with the folks, DH is back at work... Ally went swimming in the nuddy at Yamba beach today - she loves beeing in the nude! She can almost sit as well... so proud!
    Look forward to chatting soon.
    luv to all
    CC

Happy 6 months to Ally!!! Sorry I missed it yesterday!
    I've decided, after nearly bidding on an automatic bin, that I'll look for a wooden bin with a recycling section. Reason - looks nicer, but more importantly, with the two sections, and being timber, it will be a sturdy unit that will withstand Oscar trying to stand using it and it can be fixed to the wall (like sliding it down onto bolts so that it's easily removed by an adult). I've found one for $88 in Geelong and was thinking of checking out the local timber furniture shops around here to compare prices before driving out there. Just happens that I may have the opportunity to be near Geelong in the next week to visit a family friend of DP's who had a baby not long ago...two birds...a stone...hmmm...

Hi girls - geez one I miss 1 day and so much to catch up on!!!

IK - so glad to hear you back, we missed you! Go the Tupperware, its great and I love the lifetime guarantee. My GF mum had some of the old orange coloured stuff and a lid cracked (it would have to be 20+ years old!) and they gave a new container! The initial outlay is worth it. My aunty had the consultant come out and do her pantry and I am so jealous! It looks amazing. Oscar is coming along in leaps and bounds - my little possum is only just starting to master rolling from tummy to back LOL!!!

Rory - we will have to rename you "superwoman"! I don't think I could ever get all that stuff done and my place isn't very big. Hope it goes well and I like the idea of the reward at the end. Good idea about the shopping. I find if I don't make my menu plan before I go shopping, I always forget stuff or buy too much stuff but I can understand about buying stuff on special etc. NQR is great for that.

Jess - glad to hear you on the improve. Make sure DH and kids look after you well. Lots of chocolate should help LOL!!!

Neeny - hope you get the nappy bin. I borrowed one from a friend and it was great. PML about the Flat Duck!!! Might have to use that myself!

Bath - the icecream sounds divine! On new years eve, I bought a tub of low fat icecream and gave the kids some honeycomb squares and maltesers, they had to bash them in a bag with a rolling pin (boy did they have fun doing that!) and then tip them into the icecream and each had a turn mixing. They loved doing it and the icecream was beautiful. Not something you'd do all the time, but a fun treat for them. Cold Rock icecream shop sells so many different variations with Ferrero Rochers, Strawberry Freddos, gummy bears etc. LOL about the you delivering sermons - I certainly don't mind you talking about religious stuff (I am not religious), I find it quiet interesting and I might learn something to!

CC - enjoy your break, it sounds like such a beautiful place. I think all kids love being nude, but, hey who wouldn't, much cooler LOL?

Ali - I could use some of your budget tips. DH and I are hopeless at saving. I really applaud those that can stick to a budget. Hope you had a great night at the engagement party.

We went to my aunty's place last night for dinner and didn't get home until 1am! Then had a kids party at 12pm today, so been a busy couple of days. Got home today at about 4pm and did some cleaning, washing etc. I hadn't done much over the weekend in terms of cleaning so it needed to be done. Marley is eating her solids so well now. We have progressed to pumpkin and zucchini and she loves it. Might start to increase it. She is having 3-4 large cubes. Still not doing much else, just rolling from back to tummy ocassionally.

Sorry to anyone I missed, there was so much to catch up on!

Looking forward to meet on Friday, just let me know what you need me to bring.

Bath did you want me to email you about my details?

hugs xoxo

Rory: Love it! I'm with CeeCee: gonna refer to that list of yours too! I was actually cleaning underneath our toilet on New Year's Eve and thinking of how Karen was dismayed as it was the one of the first tasks FlyLady gave that day LOL somehow this whole thing has really captured my imagination ... how funny is it that a thousand women world wide could be cleaning underneath their toilets at the same time because of this FlyLady phenomenom ROFL One issue she needs to respond to though is cleaning whilst looking after young children at the same time... it poses a very challenging problem.

CeeCee: *blush* hehe thanks for once I'm speechless! ROFL loooove Yamba!

IK: Yes! give lots of thought toward bin management! LOL it is a very enticing region of the house for babies and toddlers... the novelty takes aaaages to wear off... and you also may find yourself constantly wondering whether Little Darling has put such-and-such in the bin because you can't find it anywhere. Dummies can also often be found in there.

ok... DH home from the cricket... he has also managed to settle Niall for the night... so this is me off to bed to read the last bit of my book... nighty night Junies...

ETA: Amanda! yes!

ETA again: Whoops! Sorry Mel... missed your post... reading now

Ok Bath sorry it was so late, but I've sent it now, thanks for doing this for me.

hugs xoxo

Amanda: No probs... just checking for it now

ETA: Got it! Excellent... should be ready by tomorrow... if you have any other thoughts on what you would like just let me know

ETA: Mel: Thanks for also assuring me that you know I'm not a religious nut just because i said i go to church... it's amazing how many people give you sideways glances these days if you mention that. I don't adhere to any particular doctrine... it's just that I've found it to be a good source of mental stimulation.... and it doesn't cost much ... and it's peaceful... and it's a springboard for good conversations between Verity and myself... and I'm getting to know my neighbours and feel a part of my community for the first time since i was in primary school! Also: Love your icecream additions! The possibilities are endless hey! LOL I'm thinking you could almost make little individual "treasure hunt" ice creams with all sort of lollies hidden/mixed in!

#karen# Guest

Bath - sounds like you've found a good church, I too do not relate to belonging to a particular denomination (i attend an anglican church), as we are all Christian. Our local churches are starting to do more things together such as Christmas carols, which is good. The icecream sounds divine, I love hazelnuts. Lol @the toilet.I actually did it the other day too.

IK - tupperware is great and cheaper on ebay, make sure you know your prices tho.

Jess - I hope the pain eases soon, huge hugs to you.

Hi to everyone else, Nathan is trying to attack computer, so better go.

Morning all, kids are in daycare (DH at home, so still one kiddie her i spose ) so just having a relaxing day...

Not going to try and catch up now, going to head out and do something productive - spent the weekend cleaning (cleaned out the kitchen cupboards, over, sink, fridge and deep freezer, and fly-ladied my lounge. Cleaned both kids rooms out (although you wouldnt know that by the boys room, they trashed it last night after i put them to bed...) Did 8 loads of washing (have to put them away today) scrubbed out the whole bathroom and mopped all the floor. Next weekend im going thru the garage (we have about half a house worth of boxes) and i will prolly be salvo-ing half of it, i will post if before i give stuff away, then you ladies are welcome to it I may do that today while its nice and cool... apparently meant to get hot again by the end of the week. Got freezing last night! Not much to go in my house now before it looks much nicer...And DH ven did the kitchen last night after i cooked dinner

Thanks, Karen - I've seen some of the auctions that I'm sure are over-inflated prices! One auction I won had some used stuff (four pieces) and that was $14 incl postage, another is two modular mates mini rectangle (7.5 cups) for $18 all up. I hope it's a set of two, cos that's what the ad suggested! I've seen those same rectangles go for about $15 each for just one, so I hope it is for two! Some of the things I think I'd be better off hosting a party here. But I spoke to DP last night and for now I'm not allowed to buy any more, especially as he's going through some intense self-discovery and doesn't want to be distracted by the thought that I'm spending money we're not earning! Therefore, I'm not allowed to think about the timber bin for now, either! He can make one, though, with his lathe and other bits and pieces, I suppose. Food for thought.
    Meanwhile, as the timber bin is a way off and we need a new bin, I might try to find one of those with a sliding opening on top - if Oscar brings it down, the rubbish will stay in until I can get to it to right it! I just don't have the surface space to put it on a bench.
    Much cooler today - the house has finally caught up with the weather and it's not muggy in here anymore.
    So, DP is having an amazing time and the lady, Carol, who facilitates the personal development stuff, keeps telling him how great Oscar is - she only met Oscar for all of 5 minutes and was very taken with him. She told DP that Oscar is very wise and that we need to nurture his spirituality - Bath, was your post timely or what? DP's not spiritual (well, he may be after this!), but I feel spiritual connection to people, animals, plants and earth and would like to pass it on to Oscar. I was brought up in a Baptist environment, so I know it's not for me! I was also raised in a Catholic environment (dad's Irish, mum's some sort of self-proclaimed 'evangelical Christian'...for all the good it does her a lot of the time!), so the spirituality of my life has never been far from my mind. DP had the opposite - no religious education at all. I want to be careful that Oscar doesn't get the whole 'hellfire' thing, or that people can be 'evil', cos that's not helpful. I don't think he could go too wrong with the 'good egg' theory - there are good eggs and there are bad eggs, and the bad eggs are outweighed by the good eggs out there. It was great, though, that someone I admire thinks Oscar has some sort of constructive potential so soon!
    Ok, back to this house and tidying it...
    ETA Simone - great to have DH on board with you! Still, he can't rest on his laurels...he's got to keep up the good work till it becomes a matter of course

Happy 7 months Aleise!
    Not much happening here, just been washing & cleaning & weeding.
    just signed up to flylady see how it goes!
    Bath- do you thinkk you would be able to update my avater, my arm is getting a bit tired now Nixon is so heavy maybe its time he sat on the ground lol!

Rory- what time are we going to yours Friday? will have to get your addy. if its around lunch time i will come straight from heidleberg when i finish there at midday.

hello to everyone else hope your enjoying your day.

Happy 7 months Aleise, I love your new ticker pic as well Neeny hasn't it been a warm one up here again today.

Rory how's the cleaning coming today, your such an organised person, I was only just saying to DH that when Kailen and Lockie are back to school I'll have 3 whole days that the house will actually stay semi clean and not look like a bomb has gone off.

IK glad that you got back safe and sound.

Hello to everyone else I'm just having a bit of a vauge day today, can't seem to motivate myself to do much of anything. I envy you girls doing all your fly ladying, like I said I maybe more organised once the boys are at school. I'll have to start getting the stuff Kailen needs from his school book list soon. I want to know what kids in yr 2 need a calculator for, I never got one until the start of high school and now Kailen is in year 2 and only 7 this year and needs one, where's using their brains instead of a calculator (OK got that off my chest). Will be lurking for a while.

ETA Just put the pics of the cake on my site.

hugs xoxo
    Last edited by AmandaJ; January 8th, 2007 at 03:53 PM.

Well, has been an ok day, did the washing pile that has been mounting up on my couch, went to lunch with DH, and spent some time playing with the kids. Sent some stuff off from a sale i made on here and chucked some stuff in, so had fun going thru anneliese's old stuff.

About to make dinner, making our own version of KFC Chicken, but nicer stuff than the hormone driven greasy crap they make... and a lovely salad. We have been meaning to use our deep fryer for a while, but have never gotten around to it...

Also to the melb girls... on Keilor Rd theres a book dicoutn store - all book $4.99 or less... the stuff they cant move quick enough in bookstores I got 6 cook books that look good for $30 may have to try some stuff!!

Just a quickie:

Amanda: have finished a first draft of your avatar... will email it to you for a look and to give you a chance to suggest any alterations before I forward it on to AstroLady.

Nic: Yep, would love to do your update... send me an email with preferences (hair/clothes/colours etc).

gotta dash... back later...

Hi girls,

HAPPY 6mths ALEISE!!! That would make all the babies 6 mths or more now?

Neeny - they have the Tommy Tippee Nappy wrappers on sale at Target starting Thurs for $59.99 (25% off all stuff). So if you don't win the ebay one, these are a bit cheaper than before.

Bath - love the idea of a treasure hunt icecream! Might give that a go at Chelsea's party. Regarding the religion thing, I am enrolling Chelsea in a catholic primary school around the corner from me. She already attends the creche, which is supported by the church. I was never bought up religious, my parents weren't into it, but I would really like Chelsea to learn about it - does that sound silly???

Amanda - just checked out the cakes - yummo!!! I need to do a number "4" cake for Chelsea's party, how did you do it? It must be hard getting things done with all the boys at home. I find it hard when Chelsea is home, she wants to pull out everything to play, then leave it there!!!

Simone - I went to that book shop last week! I picked up 8 novels and 1 kids book for $35! It was fantastic. I am an avid reader and read every night before bed. I got Brooke Shields one about post natal depression after I saw her on Oprah. I can't wait to read it.

IK - can you put a bin inside the cupboard and put the kid proofers on it?

I have been a busy beaver today. I did my menu plan, then went to fruit/veg shop, butcher, aldi then safeway! Did my week and halfs shopping for $220! I was very happy with myself. Tonight we are having garlic prawns (my favourite) and Chelsea loves them. At my fruit and veg shop they have "blue bag" specials. It is usually the small stuff or over ripe etc. I got beautiful apples for 99c kg, pears for $1.29 and onions for 99c! The pears are fantastic for baby food as they are quite ripe and the apples are perfect size for kids to eat. I picked some bigger ones for Chelsea.

I love everyone's new tickers! Will have to do mine soon.

Off to start my prawns!!! I will stink badly tomorrow.

my email is down atm so is it ok if i pm you Bath?
    Amanda- love the cakes, that spiderman face ia awesome!
    have fun cooking Simone/Mel Im about to go get dinner ready also.
    making a weight watchers version of coconut lamb curry.
    1st weigh in tomorrow for me and dh we started our diet one week ago tomorrow!

Ik - Just checked out your photos! Oscar is too cute - esp his nudie bum LOL!!! I can't believe how much you and your sister look alike! Baby Chiara is beautiful with all her dark hair. The other pics are cool too, beautiful scenery!

Nic: yep PM me

bath time / dinner making chaos here ATM

IK: love the holiday snaps... especially the Bum Series LOL

Mel: Sending Chelsea to a Catholic primary school doesn't sound crazy at all, but I'm saying that because we might end up doing the same so i'm biased . Our local primary does offer RE (religous education) but that might be very minimal (maybe 1 hour a week)... however if I continue being happy with our local church that might not matter so much as the boys will be able to join us there each Sunday as well. Verity's primary years religous education was more important because we didn't have a relationship with a local church at the time and were way too busy on the weekends when I was studying and working etc. So knowing that she was receiving several hours of multi-denominational spiritual education at her school, plus a weekly formal church service at her school was one of the reasons we were happy to pay the private ed fees. I agree IK, it doesn't often matter what spiritual education they recieve, just as long as there's something! So many kids go through life in the government education system recieving NOTHING! How scary is that? I understand the arguement separating church from state but geeze, religion is such a huge part of history... all religions... how can they exclude it totally? I also think our indigenous spirituality should be incorporated into RE... do kids hear much about that beyond a few legends? Ah no wonder the world's a mess... even if a person decides to be agnostic they need to know WHY they are choosing that path... not simply because they choose to be ignorant and that there's no "proof" of a superior entity. LOL I promised I wouldn't preach... if I'm offending anyone let me know... my point is that a child's spiritual education is just as important as it's academic and physical education... withold it and you're depriving them of an important facet of their lives.

okeydoke... gotta help DH calm Verity down... she's being silly and will end up waking Wade

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast