Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #3

Big (hugs) to you IK and Jess. Jess vent as much as you like darl we are here to support you. Hope your mum is having fun up my way.
    IK here's hoping that today is the day and you don't have to wait til tomorrow.
    Lol Amanda, now you can add Dentist to your long list of occupations. It was a quick fix but it worked, lol.
    Yay I have finnally secured an appointment with the visiting Speech Therapist for Allanah. I put her on the waiting list nearly a year ago. Ironic though because I just found out that a private Speechy has set up shop in Emerald, I might use her yet though, It depends what this speechy says about Allanah.

Hi All,

hi all,
    just been and had Nixon weighed.
    weight 4250g (up 260g in 10days)
    length 56.5cm (up 1.5cm in 10days)
    head 37.5cm (up 0.5cm in 10days)
    So i am very pleased with his weight gain this time, i thought he had grown in length by his clothes. He is long and skinny!

also got him attached to my breast without the nipple sheild for some time! Although it was quiet tedious and took some time, the MW was finally understanding that its not too easy with flat nipples he latched on! so going to keep persisting with trying.

Jess- i hope Patrick had a better night and starts recovering soon, are you on anti biotics or anything for the mastitis?

Jess - hope Patricks doing a bit better today - and you too!

Nickers - great news about Nixon's growth. It's amazing how sometimes it takes professionals to be actually confronted by something for them to realise that their theories don't always work as well as they think - hope the feeding without shields moves ahead in leaps and bounds for you but if know that he's being doing really well up to now with the shields and that no doubt will continue.

Candy - how are things going with you and Ryan??

Go Nixon! He's longer than Niall ! And that's brilliant news with your attachment Nic... I'm sure your patience will pay off soon and he'll be feeding much more easily... then you'll probably see huge weight increases... if your DH is tall then I'd say Nixon will be bigger/taller than Niall this time next year (my DH is only a few centimeters taller then me ie not tall for a guy).

Wade was weighed and measured this morning... here at home... by a Growing Up in Australia representative. He is part of a nation-wide survey of children born in his year (selected to represent a broad cross section of the community). We also have to fill out questionaires relating to his development and our family routines and level of "happiness" etc. He is spot on average for weight and height apparently. Niall is very similar genetically to Wade so I think both my boys will not venture far from the 'norm'. Because I'm slightly taller than the average female my boys will probably be a little taller than my DH. And now they are both sleeping!

Hope you had a good night's rest Jess... my DH says it "get's absolutely freezing" up your way... hope you're keeping cosy in your caravan... let us know how Patrick is today.

Nickers - sounds like Nixon has caught up and weighing in with his Junie counterparts Were you having attachment issues with the flat nipples? I didn't realise - glad you had a good feed without the shield!
    Well, I've volunteered myself for an early morning appointment...and it's not mine or Oscar's! My SIL said I was brave for wanting to be with Oscar for his appt this arvo for the tongue tie and I said I should be ok for it cos I am able to hold my dogs down for jabs (in fact, I've jabbed Odin myself when I was volunteering at a vet clinic). She joked that I could go in with her daughter instead of her tomorrow because my BIL usually does it, but can't this time. I said I could if she really couldn't be in the same room - she took me up on it! But that's ok, cos I did mean it...I just wasn't counting on it being a 9am appointment! Oh, well, if it helps her out I don't mind - and we can go for a coffee and a shop afterwards
    Jess - have they said how long they expect the bronchiolitis to last?
    I think I'll walk to the doctors today - it's a typical hills winter day, so I'll enjoy the rug up and the warming walk!
    Such a cold day for nipples...
    Can't wait for this cold sore to go away so I can kiss my boy-child all over...as if it's not bad enough that I feel run down with dry skin, a cold sore really just takes the cake!

Jess I do hope Patrick imrpoves - I can only imagine how stressed you are!

Sorry no more personals - typing this at work (dropped in for the day to call some clients and let them know I am still alove!!)

Flynn is doing well - about 5.3 kg now and 57cm long at just on 5 weeks old - he's a real "hungry hippo". Sleeps well too, and things with DH and I are on the improve

hope to get broadband VERY SOON _ actually am on my way to see HR about work paying for it.
    cia bellas!

Rory good to hear from you. Glad Flynn is well, he is growing very well indeed!
    DH is tall 6f 2 i think so no doubt nixon will be tall too. Im only 5f 6 so def doesnt get it from me or my side of the family!
    IK- ive had a few issues bf. firstly Nixon didnt know how to suck when he was born, so didnt get to try for a couple of weeks. Then because his mouth was small and still trying to get the hang of it Latching on was an issue, so i was given a nipple sheild and it seemed to help him. so since then i kept trying without it but wouldnt work cause theres not much to latch onto, unless i try him after he has already drawn the nipple out with the sheild for a while. the mchn has been annoying me to come in and try without it so finally today i did and maybe it paid off. Just fed him again and seems to be one side easier then the other, but didnt stay on the whole time. but maybe just gradually it will become easier.

littlerigger Guest

Hi guys. Not to many personals, typing & burping the piggy. I'll just say now I am terrified of the terrible twos!!! Ryan really is just so good. And I've felt a bit terrible about it. Knowing some on here are having really trying runs & I seem to be having it easy. We have had our bad days but they are so few & far between I forget what they're like until another pops up! Admittedly I'm not trying to deal with the trials of BFing you other amazing women are going through! Ryan is sleeping most nights from about 8 til about 4. This morning it was til 5

I've just added some new pictures to the little spunks site. Gosh I just love him to death!!

I hear you IK re cold sores. I got one when Ryan was 6 days old & it was so hard not kissing the most precious thing I've ever known! Have fun with your niece tomorrow! I told matt he has to take the day off for Ryan’s needles cause I don't want to be "the evil witch" and like you I've held my animal babies, cats dogs & horses for all manner of things, even given jabs & drawn blood from them myself. but not my bubba!!

Dee - good luck with the speech therapist.

nick - good to hear about Nixon’s progress!!! I do hope you make it here so we can catch up. I told matt last night to head to the slopes but he declined!!! I was shocked. I thought about saying "well you stay home & I'll go ski"!

Rory - I hope your work came to the party on the broadband! Sounds like Flynn is growing well too!!

Bath - sounds like you're all doing well!

Amanda - good work on fixing the sharp bit of your tooth. Dentists are so expensive Both Matt & I need to see one but it's not something we have spare $$ for until I get back to work

Tanya - I know I'm FF and you're BFing but I agree with the other girls. My midwives, when I was BFing all said "never wake a sleeping baby". It was their golden rule as they will wake & tell you that they're hungry. And you should be taking advantage of he longer sleeps to get some rest yourself!!

Jess - I really hope things are improving there today!!!

Jaspen, Emishka, Enigma, Karen, Neeny, Nickel, Gabysmum and anyone else I may have forgotten, it’s a lovely overcast day here in the ACT after a rainy weekend. I hope you’re all enjoying the same pleasant weather and I’m sorry I haven’t written to you all individually but the little man is telling me he wants to go to bed! Love you all!

bugger, i just tried to do the hand/foot impression cause Nixon was sleeping. but as soon as i got the paint on his foot he was awake and crying! foot print didnt work very well i think i'll try and agin DH is here to help me. who else has done it? how did u do it!
    Candy- love the new pics of Ryan! he has got a little pot belly in the bath hehe!

Jess- Sory to hear that you and Patrick are both unwell- i hope that you are both feeling better soon and you get Patrick home with you.

Nic- Great tohear about Nixons weight gain, and I am glad that you are starting to sort out some of your BF issues.

We had a pretty hectic weekend, took Tori up to the country to see her grandad and her great grandad- she was excellent on the way there, but grizzled for the whole drive home on and off, even after we pulled over to feed her. I think partly it was because it was after 6pm when we left and usually she is starting her night time routine by then.
    Last night she had an unsettled night, I think it was partly because we mucked her routine up the night before, but still it was nothing to bad, just waking more often for feeds than she normally does, but she was going straight back to sleep after.
    DH and I have had a nice day today- walked to the shops, had some lunch, ran a few errands and then walked home, it is such a lovely day to be outside.
    My MIL arrives from Bali on Wednesday which will be nice for her, she finally gets to see her first Granddaughter- hopefully the trip runs smoothly, as I am really not used to having people stay with us.......

Anyway I am going to go and have a nap, Tori is still asleep in her pram from our little outing!

I hope everyone is well and getting there well deserved rest!

Nickers - well, good on you for getting this far with it Yep, everyone assures me that it just 'comes good' after a while, so hang in there - I'll be hanging in there with you! I'm glad the MCHN annoyed you enough to give 'au naturel' a go!
    We got Oscar's tongue snipped today and we just had our first feed since the procedure...left side is still crappy, but the feed on the right side (ravenous monster needed feeding from both sides!) was much improved. If, in a couple of days, I'm still having some 'pinchy' issues, I'll organise to see the LC again. I figure he's going to take some getting used to the movement in his tongue. The GP reckons it was a severe tongue-tie, not moderate, and was glad to nip potential speech problems in the bud. So, yep, Nickers, I'm right there with you waiting for it to just come good...
    Oscar was really good for the GP - he was asleep in the waiting room, and wriggled a bit under her hand, only cos he objected to having his head held still by DP...then went back to sleep without so much as a cry, much to the GP's chagrin!
    Anyway, gonna finish this pie and then fold some nappies...very therapeutic folding cloth nappies

LOL good to see I'm not the only one who finds folding cloth nappies therapeutic! Whenever I admit to enjoying it people generally seem to think it's a bit odd... I think I even mentioned it it here during our pregnancies during our discussions about our nappy plans. ATM I've actually GOT to use up some newborn disposables before Niall grows out of them! (How are you going with the 3 large boxes of newborn size you bought Tulip? We've only used the one box - heavily supplemented with clothies) And also we were given a pack of Huggies "Infant" (4 - 8 kg I think) sized nappies which I think are only slightly larger than the newborn size ones so if any of you are thinking about upgrading don't go buying too many boxes before you suss out the fit.

Ok... back to cooking dinner while verity is taking Wade for a bike "ride" ie pushing him around... DH has to re-fit trainer wheels for him. Good girl Verity

Hello!

Well our rain didn't last long - so I guess we're in for level 3 restrictions (no hose usage) for a while longer.

Thanks to all those who commented on Aleise's photo. Yeah she's a cutie but I guess every mum thinks that about their child!

Unforntunately I have a painful ear infection. I saw the doc today so I'm on rulide antibiotics. Maybe it will get me out of cooking tonight??

Jess: hope Patrick gets better really soon - you haven't had a good run lately darls and I pray things get better for you really soon!

Candy: How is Ryan doing lately? I finally finished my pram blankie yesterday and Matt can no longer give me rubbish about not finishing my knitted projects! Just hope I can get the poncho done for Aleise (with goochie feathers and puffed wool). Should be cute once its completed.

Nickers: Great to hear Nixon is doing so well. I have no idea how much my little poppett weighs since her last one was 3 weeks ago she was 3.4kg (about 300 gram increase from birth). I suppose I should scout around for a baby club session at the local pharmacies.

Sorry not many personals - kinda tired. Well hope to catch you again soon. Love to all mums and bubs!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

IK - can you email me? As it turns out, one of the women for ACA story couldn't do it baby has bad bronchitis So there's a spot if you want it [email protected]
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Patrick is still in the headbox and will be in there for a little while yet, I was able to hold him today and give him a feed(no nutrition there!) and he enjoyed being with his mummy so much he played up for the nurses for 4 hours,(we left at 2.30 and he finally went to sleep around 6.30). Then he slept for 2 hrs woke for a feed and then went straight off to sleep again. His oxygen flow has been reduced to 25% so that is good.

littlerigger Guest

Neeny – Good on you for finishing the blanket!!! You’ll have to send me a picture!! Your Matt better have taken over the cooking! Hope your ear feels better soon!!!

Bath – Your Verity sounds like such a treasure!!!!

IK – Yay for Oscar being so great for the GP!!!!! Fingers crossed things sort themselves out now!!!

Nic – I was going to do Ryan’s while he was asleep but he woke up as soon as I started fiddling with his feet. So I turned it into a game. Tickling him etc. Maybe do it when Nixon’s awake but relaxed. Just after a feed or during playtime?

Tanya – I wish I had thought about printing them onto a canvas!!! Hmmm……

Jess – Still thinking about you and your little Pat!! I really am hoping everything sorts itself out soon. And then runs smoother for you all!!!

As for our household, we’re working on Ryan putting himself to sleep more this week. He does it anyway but I want to get it consistent. Normally I let him fall asleep in the bouncer and then put him to bed but now (since Saturday night) he’s having ½ his bottle, his bath, and then the other ½ of his bottle and into bed. So he’s still pretty awake but drowsy from the bath & bottle. I wrap him up then put him in bed. I just talk to him to make sure he’s settled then walk out. So far all 3 nights I haven’t had to go back in because he’s crashed himself out  and…. He sleeps from about 8 till 4:30 / 5am! I’m so happy  Seems to be working  even if he’s cranky in the bouncer (not due to nappy or hunger) I’ve been working on the just talking to him technique and he’s settling himself down then to.

morning all,

well Nixon had his biggest sleep ever last night! his last proper feed was 150ml bottle @ 9pm. then i topped him up bf @ 10.30pm and went down at 11pm.
    he has only just woken for his feed at 9am!! i kept waking up in anticipation he would wake up! i woke at 6.30am (his normal wake up time) then when i woke at 8am and he still was asleep i took the oportunity to have breakky and get myself ready.

Jess- Oh I am glad to hear patrick is going well, good that his oxygen flow is down alot to what it was. Im glad you got a cuddle and feed too.

Candy- I will have to try doing when he is awake, he had paint all under his nails yesterday cause when i put it on he clenched his fist!
    Man he has a strong grip, last night i was handing him to dh to get into the bath and he grabbed onto the cord of my hoodie, it took a good 15-20seconds to uncurl his fingers and let go!

littlerigger Guest

Nic - yay for the big sleep!!!! I didn't do ryan's hands because I couldn't get him to unclench his fists. it's a natural reflex for them to close their hands when something touches their palm. I hear you on the strong grip. when getting ryan dressed after his baths he usually grabs at my wrist & holds on tight to the skin he gets. He's left nasty scratches!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast