Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #3

Default Babies born in June 2006 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

Name: Amanda3
    State: QLD
    DOB: 2.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 4oz (3310g), Length - 53cm, Head - 34cm
    Babyname: Cody Lincoln
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Feeds and sleeps like a trooper
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Name: Jaspen
    State: NSW
    DOB: 06/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 8lb (3638g); Length – 53cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Samuel Ashton
    Health concerns: none thankfully
    Notes: such a little guts (200g weight increase in 3 days) !!!!

Name: Gabysmum
    State: WA
    DOB: 07/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 9lbs 12 ozs Length: 58 cm Head: 36 cm
    Baby name: Alexander Ivan aka Alex
    Notes: Big boy adored by older sister.

Name: Neeny
    DOB: 8.6.06
    Stats: Weight - (3140g – about 6 pounds), Length – 52cm , Head – 34.5cm
    Babyname:
    Aleise Irene
    Notes: sleeps too much and doesn’t eat enough in one sitting!
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

Name: *Jo*
    DOB: 09/06/06
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz (4020g), Length - 50.5cm, Head - 35.5cm
    Babyname: Freya Jean
    Notes: Repeat elective c/s @ 38wks

Name: Bathsheba
    State: Vic
    DOB: 13/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 9lb 0oz (4080g); Length – 52cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Niall Atticus
    Health concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 38wks due to Cholestasis of pregnancy. Birth attended by Kelly Zantey.

Name: Dee78 (donna)
    DOB:14.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3310g), Length - 51cm Head - 36cm
    Baby's name: Lachlan Roy
    Health concerns:
    Notes: very unsettled, doesnt like to sleep anywhere but mum or dads chest!!
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Name: Nickel
    DOB: 16/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 6lb 6oz (2.9g); Length – 42cm; Head – big enough thanx!
    Babyname: Ruby Jago
    Health concerns: only after birth, but we're good now.
    Notes: Breastfeeding actually works this time.

Name: IK
    State: VIC
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight 3.47kg, Length 47cms, Head Circ 34cms
    Sex: Male
    Babyname: Oscar William
    Notes: HypnoBirth&Waterbirth, relaxed baby so far, waking to feed and
    sleeping when not feeding! Co-sleeping and exclusively breastfeeding.

Name: Our 7th Heaven
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 7lb 9oz (3.44kg); Length – 55cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname:Nathan Xavier
    Health concerns: No all's well here
    Notes: He's a natural booby boy and a right little guts.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Name: #karen#
    DOB: 22.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 14oz (3580g), Length - 50.5cm Head - 34.5cm
    Babyname: Nathan John
    Health concerns: Talipes
    Notes: So far, so good - feeds and sleeps well
    __________________________________________________ ____
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Am i first? Im not even a June baby buddie but anyway!
    Just came back from mums and bub aerobics class it was fun! This time there were some more younger bubs 10-12weeks so was good, and again Nixon still the smallest!!

anyway Enigma I'd love to come to Perth i like Perth maybe DH Nixon & I will have to have a holiday over there b4 January, are you going back for good???

hey Karen thanks for the pics of Nathan!he had lots of hair doesnt he! you all look so happy in the family shot!

FYI just uploaded some new pics of Nixon on the website when you get a chance to look, most are from our trip to Sydney.

Im getting some Pixie photos done of Nixon on Friday hope they turn out good!
    when in syd we were @ the shops and stopped to get a pic of Nixon with my sisters two girls, anyway mum picked them up alst week, we were only planning on getting the $7 we paid for but mum end up spending $280!! she got the negatives anyway so i can get them reprinted for a lot cheaper, im hanging to see them Nixon was alseep in them but they put him in a wooden box he was so cute! Then him and Alyssa in a box together both asleep awwww!!

Hi all, thanks so much for your supportive words re: my crap personality - am having a good day today so feel very positive about my ability to change. Forgot who mentioned it, but there are no alcohol issues involved - just selfish, spoilt only-child, insecure issues DH and I are doing much better this week.

I haven't much time (still using public PC) but hugs to all, esp CeeCee - hope your doll is doing well. And to all us mums - we are doing the best we can - BF or not, disposable or cloth nappies, caesar or "natural", or whatever. Must go

ciao bellas

Good Afternoon WooHoo both my boys are sleeping! This is my reward for working so hard tidying the house AND entertaining Wade with a drawing activity and jigsaws etc hovering between both and also feeding Niall a couple of times. DH rang this morning too and our Baby Bonus money ($3500 - included a bit of Family Payment backpay) has come through!!! He used it to pay off half our Visa debt that has accrued alarmingly during my pregnancy. What a relief... hate being in debt.

Love the piccys CeeCee and Karen! Both Alexandra and Nathan are so gorgeous and you're looking great Karen... you've got a pair of good looking (older) boys too! They look pretty fit and healthy... what sports do they play?

Speaking of "fit and healthy" I really need to do something about my sugar cravings! I saw some tablets in the pharmacy the other day that claim to stop sugar cravings... I think I need to go back and get them (if they are safe to take whilst BFing). Chocolate! I'm eating it daily! I just can't stop myself! I know it's not ideal to eat when BFing but it's not affecting Niall at all luckily... I'm also still drinking (1 or 2) cups of coffee a day and it's not making him restless! He's still sleeping 80% of the time and just quietly alert the rest of the time (mainly between 9pm - 10pm and 8am - 9am). he's got a bad case of zits though... but the MCHN says it's just my oestrogen in my milk and nothing can be done about it.

Nappy rash: I use Sudocrem every time I change him, quite liberally, and he hasn't had a rash yet. I change his nappy very regularly too, mainly because they are fabric which also makes it easier to forget the cost factor of frequent changes. Creams with zinc are the best for preventing rash... the zinc really soothes inflamed skin (takes away the burning redness)... I've never used lanolin though... I would imagine it would be an excellent barrier cream (would stop the wee getting through to the skin) but I'm not sure it would have the anti-inflamatory ingredients to sooth nappy rash... I might be wrong though... as somebody said; different skins respond differently to different creams. However frequent nappy changing is (I think) the best and quickest way to deal with nappy rash. Be extra careful in hot weather too girls... nappy rash can get really bad then.

Good to see you again Rory Did you say you were getting internet connection at home at some stage?

Got a few jobs to do that can't be done when the boys are awake... be back later.

#karen# Guest

Nic - just looking at photos of Nixon. Try not to worry about his weight(easier said than done, I know), but look how far he has come! You are truely doing a great job. Have you managed to measure how much he brings up? That sounds like a tricky job, good luck. I hope the zantac helps.

Just changed my ticker... something seems to be wrong with the SnugglePie site that I had my previous one with Thanks IK for the inspiration to try Baby-Gaga... let's hope they are more stable.

#karen# Guest

Bath - just missed your post. Sounds like you've had a busy morning.
    My boys only really go to swimming, although they ride their bikes a lot. I'm hanging out for the baby bonus, did you put the claim in straight away? If so I may have another week to wait. I hear you about the credit card, I'll be doing the same.
    I'm hanging out for sweet things esp chocolate, but I've got nothing in the house

Karen: yep, we put in the CentreLink Baby Bonus claim straight away... within a few days of Niall's birth.... still haven't put in Birth Registration though. We've also already received our new Medicare card with Niall's name on it... there's no room left now! I wonder what larger families do? Jess: are all your kids on your Medicare card?

Hmm whats going on then , I put in my claim for the medicare card and the bonus straight away and still havent received either

Karen & CC - your babies are beautiful ! !... Wow , we all have so much to be proud of

Nickers - we are going for as long as it takes for DH to get a permanant visa mighteven be a year. He's had to live with my parents here ( poor , poor guy ) - and now im back to living with his parents and sister in January.. thank god they are pleasant people

ok , im off to have a shower and then the GP..
    see ya everyone!

( ill check out everyones new website pics when i get back )

Enigma - I remember that one of the other girls in my thread got the baby bonus within a week of putting her forms in, yet mine took the maximum time that Centerlink suggests it'll take. Frustrating I know, but you could always call them and ask them if they can estimate how long till yours comes through?

I wonder what larger families do? Jess: are all your kids on your Medicare card?

Bath- I get two cards with some on one and the others on another. My baby bonus took the maximum amount of time.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi girls,
    can I ask a quick question - sorry have not read personals....
    I just passed two large clots (one the size of a golf ball +, the other the size of a golf ball -) they looked like raw liver...I rang the labour ward they said to watch for future bleeding and if so to call them back... has anyone else experienced this???? I am a little freaked - thanks...

CeeCee: Hmmm, yes, but not that big... was it accompanied by pain?

Cee_Cee99 Guest

no - no pain?
    I will wait an hour then see if I pass any more or if there is more bleeding - must run and feed my hungry girl - thanks Baths!

If the colour of the blood is a dull maroon/brown I think it's ok... but if it is or turns bright red then call the hospital asap... are you due for any further at-home midwife visits? I'd mention it then either way.

Well we have had a great day again here, Tori slept for another 5 hour stint over night which was great, it is nice to be able to get a fairly long block of sleep. Shehas been reallly settled today as well which is wonderful,Iam just crossing my fingers that she isnt too unsettled tonight.
    We gother birth certificates in the mail today which made me shed the tiniest of tears because it made it suddenly all so real, there was my name listed as somebodies mother.
    Another nice thing was that we got a card from our real estate agents congratulating us on the birth of our baby, I thought this was a lovely gesture and not something 'normal' within there call of duty- which made it kinda special.
    We also heard that the parking fine we recieved while I was in Labour has been waived- so all round it has been a really great day.

Nic- There is a family assistance esitmator on the family assistance website which tells you how much money you are entitled too. It might be different now that it is a new financial year, I waited untill 1st of July to put my claim in, as I knew that we would be entitled to nothing in terms of Family Tax benifit last financial year, but because i will not be working for 6 months of this financial year, and then I will be returning only part time, we are entitled to something for the financial yer starting 1 st July.

Anyway a big hello to everyone, I am off to have a shower and get into my Pj's. I have just had a nap, and my wonderful DH is cooking dinner!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast