Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #31

Default Babies Born in June 2006 #31

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.
    Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:29 PM.

me too, posting so i get notifications.
    Bath- when we had the open for inspection on Sat we took the dogs & Nixon for a walk. so plan to do that most of the time, but as for one off inspections i cannot walk 2 big excited dogs aswell as Nixon so i will prob say if i am home i will put them in the garage, then once they have looked out the back "release them lol" so they can see the garage! R.E wanted me to tie them up but um no that will not work, they do not know my dogs, One they would go balistic and carry on, that would be before turning into the incredibles and getting themselves free! (i often call my boxer Hydini sp?)

anyway had a "stylist" of theirs come around thismorning to give some tips. Some things i will or have done but some things i am not going to bother. we still have to live in the house, we have a baby, surely people would understand this when they inspect, she wanted me to put all toys away etc, which i have been keeping neatly (have boxes) in one spot, in a room thats out of the way but if i put them away they will stay away never get used and be a waste....
    ive just been to spotlight and picked up a few nice things...oops spent too much money, but then i am drawing the line. Im my opinion our house is very neat and clutter free so i am sure that will come through.....

Nickel- oh how scarey, but embarrasing for you! but thats what the life gaurds are there for. Anyway just goes to show even confident swimmers that know the beach and area can still get into trouble within a very short time.

Simone- hope u get your car back soon. Thats unacceptable really if it is XH night for the kids he cannot change his mind, you dont get that luxury why should he?

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,

I have decided to come back in here frequently and talk with you girls.
    So i will be around a lot more now if you don't mind.
    I need some people totalkto who are going through the same stuff as me as me and DF have some issues at the moment and i just can't talk to him at the moment, besides the fact he has no idea at all anyway.
    Well Tarleha is 7mnths old today!!!!!!! I can't believe it she is growing up so fast.
    Anyway just saying hi and will be back in to talk and follow your journeys again....thats if you will have me back again??

Simone chin up sweety, your XH sounds like a nasty man but don't let him shatter your dreams! He really should be having the kids on the nights he decided, after all he did decide them. It's not like you get a choice on when to look after them. It is making me angry just reading about it....he sounds sooooo selfish
    Last edited by *Kristee*; January 29th, 2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Just saw Simones post

welcome back Kristee, sorry to read about your loss in dec. Happy 7m to Tarleha!!

But that will never happen now, i going to be a mum who sits on the pension forever... and i hate mums like that. I want to suport my own kids, but i need some help...

I've been one of those mums for the past 10 years hun....my way of thinking is my children come first and as long as I have food on the table and they are clothed then I believe I am doing a good job. As for the job issue, yeah I would love to go back to work but as I said before my children come first. Now, I hate to sound critical here but I've been in your position as well. I was a single mum 5 years ago to 3 children as well, but I didn't have the childrens father around in fact I didn't have anyone. I survived and you will as well as soon as you stand up to Ryan and tell him that he either helps out and looks after the children on the nights "he" decided on or he f!cks off and pays you full child support. At the moment the law states(and feel free to correct me Rory) that if a parent spends a certain amount of time with their children then their child support is cut right down.
    Bath- It is cool...I know a lot of ppl reckon a 2hr drive is pretty long but I suppose to me its nothing.

ETA: NIC-Last night James and I bought your house up on domain to have a look and it is gorgeous. Did the Stylist say that your house needed something???? I reckon its perfect the way it is!
    Last edited by Jesswith6; January 29th, 2007 at 06:04 PM.

Jess- Thanks alot! i was very happy with the photo's and my efforts. hey i didnt even realise it was on domain also so just checked it out there lol! its on the agents website plus realestate one.
    well yes the lady told me lots and lots of things that i should do/change since those photo's were taken. Some i have taken on board, others i have not. i know she was helping but it was a dissapointing to think ive spent so much time on getting the house all ncie for someone to still nit pick at tiny little faults.
    eg: had an old fashioned spice rack in kitchen she said it doesnt match the moderness so to put in the the pantry. done.
    But she said to take away the little garbage bins and bath mats in the bathrooms well i am not going to. I use those bins they wont fit in the cuboards and im not having dh step out of the shower and wet all of the floor!! she also said take away our dirty launndry thing from the ensuite but if i do that the clothes will end up on the floor, its taken a long while to teach dh to put the clothes in there so its staying! (btw its a nice red one to match in with everything anyway)

Nixon is currently in his jolly jumper bouncing away. its the only thing that would stop him from grizzling, im sure more teeth are on their way.

has anyone ever read "cosmopolitan pregnancy"? i bought it as one of the ladies on austprem has a story in it, ive just started flicking through it and there are all these lovely pg woman posing naked!

Nic - who's story is in there?? might check into austprem now...

Just a quick post to stay in the loop!
    Simone - Jess has some good points! Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do, but then you realise that 'worse' is quite do-able and you can still hold your head up because at least you're a good person, your kids are good little people and you're not hurting anyone AND it's never the end of the world as you know it! I've been to 'low', and I came out all right, didn't I??
    Anyway, off again for now...

I read that there was a story in there but haven't been able to find it...

Simone- Believe it or not I actually don't like being a SAHM! I hate being tied to a house all day and feel "free" when we are in the car. My g/f was a SAHM until her youngest started school then Centrelink bought in the rule that you have to start looking for work if you have a child 6+, so she did a course and after a year,accidentely fell pg! So no more actively looking for work until the youngest turns 6!!!
    I suppose it would be a different story if I was in a house but atm being a SAHM is a PITA!I love my children and would love to be waitressing again (the pay was **** but it was extra money!)but at the end of the day I look at my kids and say I wouldn't have it any other way.
    As I said much earlier, the weekend was great! We left Friday about 10am and got up to Mums around 1pm. The kids checked out the pool table we bought a couple of weeks ago and loved it.Unfortunately, Dad went fishing in Deni so he missed seeing the kids.
    My brother (who has recently split with his fiance of 10 yrs, and now has moved home to mums) told us to get the kids to where the fireworks were going to be early, so we didn't miss getting a good spot.He went and picked up his Xfiance and then met up with us at the fireworks(dont ask we have nooo idea on how their relationship is going!)Anyway the fireworks started at 9pm and we spent 1hr walking around the market(3 day market...prices were so expensive though!) They were worth the wait though, the kids thought they were,to quote Jack,"like the Sydney Harbour Bridge ones!"
    On Saturday I had a very rare sleep in and then went for a walk into town for mum,1km each way. Caught up with a couple of ppl which was good and explained to the kids that my brothers and I walked into town once or twice a day sometimes.
    Saturday night, Mum decided to take the kids to the fireworks again while we went to my reunion. It was so weird seeing these ppl again after 12yrs. I stayed for 2hrs but Pat and Bella started to get weary so came home.
    Ok enough rambling talk again soon

Jess - well said in regard to Simones situation. Having been in that situation before you are the most qualified to give her good advice. I can't imagine how hard it would be to go to work with 6 kids! It was bad enough going back with only 1! I am sort of looking forward to going back in July, but not the logistics of dropping off 2 kids at different locations. Your weekend sounds great. Well done on getting a sleep in on Saturday.

Nic - do you have my email address? Can you email me the link to your house, would love to see it. I totally agree that you can't make the house look unlived in! You do need to still live in it and you have an active baby, surely prospective buyers aren't going to be disuaded by a box of toys packed neatly away. Real estate agents go a bit overboard sometimes. Cosmo pregnancy is an awsome mag, but expensive. I think I bought 1 copy and loved the pictures of all these glamorous looking pregnant women! They have beautiful maternity clothes (that was one of my big weaknesses, spending too much money on maternity clothes!!!!). Might have to buy it just to see the article. Another great mag is "Shop Till You Drop for Kids". Has fantastic clothes in it.

Kristee - welcome back! Sorry to see your angel baby in Dec. Hopefully we can help or support you with the issues you are having with DP. We all seem to be getting good at it. Happy 7 mths Tarleha

Simone - don't let him get you down. If he doesn't want to see the kids, fine, make him pay more money for them! Harsh but fair. He jerks you around all the time and you shouldn't have to put up with it. Did you investigate the options you mentioned earlier with regard to assistance getting back to Perth? Keep on that path and keep pushing. The only way your dreams will be realised is if you go back to your family and get the support you need to fulfill them. He isn't going to help you.

Been to MIL for her birthday and my cake turned out beautifully plus she had some home-made vanilla slices! Got home a bit late and Chelsea was very tired. Hopefully both will sleep in the morning. Got lunch with a GFand her kids at the local shopping centre, quote for new blinds in the afternoon then a girls spa night and dinner with another GF. Busy day. Sleep tight everyone!

oh oops Mel i have been meaning to ask u for your email addy cause i sent an e mail to some Melb girls re: scrapbooking that i wanted to send u. so no can u give it to me please!

I cannot remember what post it was in Jess/Simone in Austprem, i had a breif search last night and couldnt find it. it wasnt a new topic just in a reply. Anyway the story i found it the mag was by Amanda somebody and her boy Oscar was born at 26weeks, i am thinking its the same one as there was no other prem stories in there but couldnt find and Oscar or Amanda M..... in austrprem??

The mag was $11.95 so not cheap but u got 2 mags for it so kinda sounded a bit better!
    Yes they have lovely maternity clothes in there!

Just a quick one - there is some tidying to do around here!
    I just got back from riding my horse - boyless! It was lovely, and to top it all off, I got home to a table full of presents from Central America that my dad dropped round while I was out (my mum came home on Sunday when we were on our way back from camping, and then left the same day for Gippsland)! Loads of Oscar presents.
    Speaking of Oscar, I think he's eating flies...it's ok, we don't use fly spray

S'pose this had better be a quick one too: Niall is due to wake up and i just can't do this anymore with him awake. He is getting into everything and doesn't like being confined in his porta cot or highchair for long. I'm also waiting for a few phone calls to be returned.

IK: LOL at the flies... mmm mmm crunchy! I've learnt to do a quick check near the ceiling to floor windows in our bedroon before putting Niall down for a crawl there because that's a prime location for them. Moths too. Sounds like you had a great ride... perfect weather for it... bit of a cool breeze... how was his horsey mood? Up for a canter? Yay for pressies! Anything of particular interest? Niall received a package from my aunty yesterday out of the blue Amongst the gifts were yet another pair of socks! Don't ANYONE buy socks for their babies... I have nearly 2 dozen of them that I'll never use!

Mel: Ooooh home made vanilla slice! I've never tried them! The last VS I had was from this place in Sorrento which has the reputation for making "Victoria's Best Vanilla Slice" ... it was pretty special... perfect to have while on the ferry. That was a few years ago.... would love to do that again sometime.

back soon...

Hi girls, quiet in here today. Took girls out for lunch today, it was lots of fun. I took Chelsea's little bag with her colouring books and pencils and after lunch, they got a table and sat up and coloured in for about 30 mins, enough time for us to drink our coffee!! Going to my GFs tonight for a spa and chinese takeaway. We have been trying to organise it for ages when no one was pregnant, we organised it just before christmas (no one was pregnant then) and now one of my GF's is pregnant and announcing it to them today! No going in the spa for her - spose she could dangle her feet!

Nic - email is [email protected]

IK - flies are a damn nuisance! We don't have a flywire door out the back and they are always coming in. Was going to try one of those new things they advertise on TV that you stick on the windows, non toxic. I love getting pressies in the mail, its like christmas all over again. Glad to hear Oscar got lots of goodies - anything interesting??? Sounds like you had lots of fun riding today - perfect day for it and I'm sure the horse was glad for the run.

Bath - the house presents so many challenges when the babies become mobile! Marley loves to sit in her highchair and suck on one of my homemade rusks, but not all the time! Then she gets cranky on the floor as she wants to crawl but has no idea what to do with her legs or arms - looks very funny. Socks is one thing I never remember to buy - except when I need them. We have a shop near here that one many awards for best vanilla slice too - they are divine. People order them by the tray. I ordered some one year for Chelsea's birthday and they went in a flash. I went to a cooking course a few years ago and she showed us a cheats version. Use puff pastry for the top and bottom (lightly cooked first, then squashed down flat), then use on the the vanilla pudding mixes you buy from supermarket, make according to directions, then spread onto pastry, top with remaining pastry and refrigerate overnight. Ice then cut - absolutely yum. You can also substitute the pastry for the those biscuits called Lattice Biscuits (I think) and they go soft overnight. They are a bit messy to eat though. I have never been on the ferry - have always wanted to. Might have to make and effort to do it this year!

Better go and get dinner organised for DH and Chelsea. I am looking into buying him cooking lessons at a mens only cooking school. He really needs some help in that department! Might check back tonight when I get home. Have a great night everyone.

Well an eventful day here!!

This morning the Water Patrol came and asked about if we had a problem with a pipe. After I explained to them that we had gone over all the pipes in the house and I still thought we had a leak they suggested they take a look. After a while they found that under the kitchen we have a leaky pipe!!!!!!! We called a plumber and he can only come out on Thursday, so we have spent the whole day cleaning up the kitchen so we can pull floorboards up to get to the pipe.
    James got a reply to the email he sent to one of the alpaca farms the other day, all we said was that he was interested in alpacas and was hoping to work with them.The owner replied saying that she has a small herd of 30 females and 10 males and as she manages them herself she finds herself needing some help occasionally.So please cross your fingers!We ring her tonight at 7.30pm

Hiya Mel LOL at the Men's Only Cooking School... I never knew one existed! I wonder what goes on there... My DH is quite a good cook... we are both adventurous... he's not as keen on cooking sweet things but loves making trifle, surprisingly I have to encourage him to add more than the bare minimum of sherry! LOL His only bad habit that he has recently dealt with was adding too much chilli to curries. Ever since Wade started eating whatever we eat he has learnt to cut back... he just accepts that now he will have to add extra heat via the Tabasco bottle. The thing I love about DH's cooking is that he really takes time to make things properly... he doesn't cut as many corners as I often do... however he rarely has to cook with kids under his feet! I'm generally there to help out in that department. It's so hard to do things properly when three children are vying for your attention. I couldn't be bothered dealing with it tonight so we're having convenience dinner: frozen butter chicken and vegetable korma.... bought from Coles and not too bad. The kids love them. Infact i'd better go put the rice on now...

ETA: Sorry Jess!!!! posted at the same time... back after my rice...

Jess- someboday i saw just recently was telling me that someone they knew were looking at buying alpacas?! must be popular atm. unless they were talking of u lol!
    Mel- just sent u an email now

well I am off to see Muse (band) now. Friend should be here shortly to babysit! who hoo i am excited they are gonna rock! ive geared up in light clothing cause the other week when we saw tenacious D in the same venue it was a sweat box.
    have to pick dh up from work on the way, then he just rang me to say he's got tix for Eric Clapton on Sat night so gonna go hunting for a babysitter again hehe (we actually bought the muse tickets cause dh wasnt working on them but we both really wanted to c them)
    have a good night everyone.

ETA: Coles have snugglers nappies on sale for $12.99 atm (toddler and walker not sure what other sizes), saving of about $13 i think, anyway i worked out about 20c a nappy pretty good bargain.

Havent really read through the other posts ladies, just thought i would drop in and say i wont be in here for a while... Thanks for all your help and support, you have my email if you want to stay in touch.

Take Care,
    Simone xx

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast